Author Topic: Here we go...  (Read 804 times)

Offline Bulldawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: family, sports (mainly golf and tennis as participant, all others spectator).
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Here we go...
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 12:02:00 PM »
wroshur you and I have a lot in common. I have a son. Never bothered me with my daughters. Never figured they would dip. Don't want my (now) teenage son to emulate me. I play golf. First round after I quit was a battle, as was the first baseball game watching my son play and the first time cutting the grass. keep that one day at a time attitude. We are in your corner.

Offline tazmed

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »
Quote from: wroushjr
Day 2.....

I am proud of myself because:

I am still quit after one day. I know this sounds small, but I have a lot of issues (not excuses, don't read into it). My wife is almost totally blind after a recent bout with corneal ulcers and I have to do so much more with her and my two boys. In the past, this stressor would keep me from my goal, but if I can make it one day, I can make two, three, and so on.

Each day I will try and post something positive that I am proud of and keep the motivation going strong. Thanks in advance and in arrears for all of the words of support from the community. Thanks for the PM's and motivation as well.

Will
That's the right attitude...keep it up. Proud to be quit with you today!

Offline jmiah

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, hiking, working out (usually), my wife, and my awesome dog, Gunner.
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
Day 2.....

I am still quit after one day. I know this sounds small, but I have a lot of issues (not excuses, don't read into it). My wife is almost totally blind after a recent bout with corneal ulcers and I have to do so much more with her and my two boys. In the past, this stressor would keep me from my goal, but if I can make it one day, I can make two, three, and so on.

Each day I will try and post something positive that I am proud of and keep the motivation going strong. Thanks in advance and in arrears for all of the words of support from the community. Thanks for the PM's and motivation as well.

Will
I think it's awesome that you are on day 2. As you know, it is extremely difficult and something you should be proud of.

jmiah
candor dat viribus alas
Sincerity gives wings to strength.

Offline wroushjr

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »
Day 2.....

Will

Offline elkhills

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
...don't pick apart my words and somehow use a dimestore psycology degree to figure me out.
*crosses legs, clicks pen over pad*
Tell me about your childhood.

:)

Embrace the suck, dude.

Feel every bit of it and remember it. Write that shit down so you dont ever forget this fucking misery you are going through!

Do it once, do it right and never have to do it again.

After 72 hours, it starts to get better.

One more thing- if you aint cheating you aint trying. Chantix. Wellbutrin. Fake Chew. Atomic Fireballs. Seeds. Sex. Break a 2x4 over a brick. Whatever it takes to not chew.
Last can I opened was a can of whoop ass.

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
TO ALL FUTURE READERS OF MY INITIAL POST:

Please feel free to give encouragement, but don't pick apart my words and somehow use a dimestore psycology degree to figure me out.

If I have to worry and stress about choosing the correct words when posting on this site, it is going to magnify the difficulty of doing this.

I am doing this because I want to. I also am doing this to save about 300 bucks a month. I am doing this because I don't want to die. I don't need someone criticizing my words and telling me why I was a failure in the past. I do need someone to encourage my current and future success.

please don't take this personally, I am understandably a little on edge, it is day one....
Yup...dimestore psychology coming your way.

Unfortunately the site lives in a virtual reality. There are some recent additions claiming this is "just the internet, not real". If it wasn't real, you wouldn't be reading this.

Cause and effect. You read the word, you have a thought. So language is incredibly important both in a unified message as well as keeping an addict on the path. I often think to myself "What if the word 'cave' just didn't exist? That the notion of stopping something and restarting something you don't want to do...just didn't exist." Hard to erase someone's memories over the internet (as of today...but I'm working on it). So when someone dissects your grammar or vocabulary they're doing it as much for their benefit as yours. I describe it as a 'community with unified conviction'. The conviction being our common disdain for nicotine, its effects on us both intrapersonal and inter-personally and physically.

If you read over and over that 'cave' is an option on your path, you have weakened your chances of success. If you subscribe to the world that 'there is no cave' and really invest in that reality, your chances of success increase.

Hence, here we are. It comes down to a gigantic battle within yourself. You alone will be left with your thoughts. You can arrange them in a manner that narrows your path such that you have a limited number of destinations (quit) or you can leave the path a little wider and more accepting and allow for other destinations(cave). You can reach out, you can come over to my house and I can lock you in a closet when you are craving. That I can do for you but I only offer that to my immediate quit brothers in March 2011 (sorry). When it comes down to it, you will have to fight a battle at some point on your own. All we're doing is getting you prepared as best we can.

PS. I subscribe to this methodology so I'm biased but its wrapped up I believe in this: NLP

Offline husker06484

• Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
Quote from: just

Please feel free to give encouragement, but don't pick apart my words and somehow use a dimestore psycology degree to figure me out.

If I have to worry and stress about choosing the correct words when posting on this site, it is going to magnify the difficulty of doing this.

I am doing this because I want to. I also am doing this to save about 300 bucks a month. I am doing this because I don't want to die. I don't need someone criticizing my words and telling me why I was a failure in the past. I do need someone to encourage my current and future success.

please don't take this personally, I am understandably a little on edge, it is day one....
Don't worry about it. People are trying to motivate one another on this site. There are various ways in which they try to do so... one of which is to make sure you do not ever lapse into your old addiction through pissing you off. So here is what I am going to tell you:

I am on day 3 and have just started to quit as well. Post roll so we all know that you are still with us. If you do not make it to roll expect all sorts of emails and calls as this is a support group. Hang in there. I am told it gets better.

As some of my friends say, Strap in, hands up and enjoy the ride!
Yup you are on edge...We all were there...People picked apart our words too....Your not special or different than us, we know what you are going through and thats why this place works....Listen to what some people have to say and realize whether they are being a dick or coddling they want you to stay quit....Its all a mind game...And we dont try, or need luck...We quit and so will you...Post roll everyday and keep your word...You need anything PM me....Proud to be quit with you

Offline just me and my can

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »

Don't worry about it. People are trying to motivate one another on this site. There are various ways in which they try to do so... one of which is to make sure you do not ever lapse into your old addiction through pissing you off. So here is what I am going to tell you:

I am on day 3 and have just started to quit as well. Post roll so we all know that you are still with us. If you do not make it to roll expect all sorts of emails and calls as this is a support group. Hang in there. I am told it gets better.

As some of my friends say, Strap in, hands up and enjoy the ride!

Offline wroushjr

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »

Offline jimmykeeper

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
I have tried to quit in the past, but found myself failing time after time. I wish I was more optimistic this time, but I can't say that I am not at least a little skeptical. I think this time may be the one because of this site.

Wish me luck!
"tried"

"Wish"

"luck"

FAIL

That's why it hasn't worked in the past.

Post roll every damn day, stand up and be counted. A man doesn't wish for things, he makes it happen.
Re-born on date: 06/09/2011

Offline wroushjr

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
I don't plan on failing rude, I can't afford to. I realize I am an addict. I just gotta do it.

I can't say that I had this level of resolve in any of my attempts in the past. I feel great about the decision, even though it will be tough, and just have to go for it.

Thanks for the support, I can and will do this.

Offline Ruderunner

• Quitter
  • Interests: Coaching my 2 boys (baseball/street hockey), triathlon training, yard work, reading.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
Well, I found this site and am going to give it my all. I like the concept and hope that this finally pushes me into the successful category with regards to dipping. This is a nasty habit that will eventually kill me and I want to be around for a long time. Wish me luck!

I am a father of two boys and have been married for 11 years. I like to watch sports and play golf. I almost certainly will have some extreme challenges with this, but I never quit anything in my life. I don't plan on starting to now.

I have tried to quit in the past, but found myself failing time after time. I wish I was more optimistic this time, but I can't say that I am not at least a little skeptical. I think this time may be the one because of this site.

Wish me luck!
We dont "try" here, we are QUIT! You need to realize that you are an ADDICT, faster that happens the faster the real you comes back. You can do this! Need help or advice hit me up.

ruderunner
VAG PUNCHING THE NIC BITCH DAILY...
F-UST, F- the nic bitch and FUCK the GOVT for allowing this industry to thrive and prosper by targetting and poisoning our youngest for PROFIT. ASSHOLES!!!!!!!

Offline wroushjr

Here we go...
« on: July 27, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Well, I found this site and am going to give it my all. I like the concept and hope that this finally pushes me into the successful category with regards to dipping. This is a nasty habit that will eventually kill me and I want to be around for a long time. Wish me luck!

I am a father of two boys and have been married for 11 years. I like to watch sports and play golf. I almost certainly will have some extreme challenges with this, but I never quit anything in my life. I don't plan on starting to now.

Wish me luck!