Author Topic: canofbeans intro  (Read 1949 times)

Offline canofbeans

• Quit Pro
  • (+1 Hidden)
  • Likes Given: 264
Re: canofbeans intro
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 01:03:00 PM »
Because it may never get approved, and because people take my recent posts to mean that I am leaving, I have decided to post my HOF speech here. Mod approval not required.

First, a few words for any new quitters:

For any new or potential quitters out there. Nicotine is a bitch. I do not blame my quit or KTC on my current problems. I blame the fact that I started using nicotine in the first place. I should have been dealing with all this other shit for the last 10 years, but instead I have covered it up with nicotine.

The sooner you say goodbye to the nic bitch, the sooner you can begin to rebuild into the person you were always meant to be, without nicotine.

Now I must say Farewell:

142 days and I am still at day 1. Running in circles. Gaining no ground. I've actually become a worse person since my quit. I will not let this fact ruin my resolve, but it is just a fact. I will now need to focus on facing all my other problems that are no longer covered up with dip. This is the final step in getting rid of the old me, and starting a new.

For 142 days I have replaced one addiction with another. Instead of putting in a dip I check out this site constantly and always have it on my mind. Like any addiction it started out slow and has gradually grown. I am done with my addiction to this site.

This site has a certain culture and a way of treating people in the name of "brotherhood" and "accountability". For 142 days I have fought against this culture in the hopes that it was controlled only by a minority of outspoken individuals. I thought that there is no way this is really the way a support site is supposed to work. I thought there must be others out there, like me, who disagree. I thought if I speak up then maybe we would see a new culture breed. A new culture where the focus wasn't on tough love, name calling, and shit talking.

I was wrong. The culture is too strong, too ingrained, it cannot be changed. Maybe I'm wrong about another thing. Maybe this is exactly the way this support site is meant to be. Maybe this culture is exactly what the founders had in mind. But, this culture is not for me.

After 142 days, I am saying goodbye. The death of the old CoB will give birth to a new CoB. A CoB who is not addicted to this site. One who continues to post and support his January brothers and sisters, but does not bother himself with trying to change the culture.

I am falling in line, I am ringing the bell. Goodbye.
Rebel Rouser (retired)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »
Quote from: canofbeans
The end:

1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22 , 23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 27 , 28 , 29 , 30 , 31 , 32 , 33 , 34 , 35 , 36 , 37 , 38 , 39 , 40 , 41 , 42 , 43 , 44 , 45 , 46 , 47 , 48 , 49 , 50 , 51 , 52 , 53 , 54 , 55 , 56 , 57 , 58
Sad deal.

This is the internet. Most people on this site are anonymous - most haven't met another quitter in person. As such, they can be very anonymous and say things that otherwise wouldn't be said. In some ways that is good, in others it is bad. There is a phrase "take what you need and leave the rest" that is very beneficial when reading on KTC. My daily posting and the fact that I've connected with a lot of people both on this site and later in person are the ONLY reasons I'm posting 1,516 days today. Perhaps you've found something that I have been unable to find that is better than KTC?

I choose to not have an "I must have the last word" or a need to police on this site, because it is each to our own, and some of us need to have some tough love in order to beat this monster. Do I approve of everything that is said on here? No. Do I try to change that? Generally no. Does that mean I'm not doing something right or fair? Dude... this site is about YOU. About ME. This site is here to help us, as individuals, win. How you utilize the tools should be all about how you can win. Helping others is secondary. Winning for you is first.

Facebook is full of people hating on each other right now on both sides of a right vs. left. Are either of them completely right? No. But am I gonna log off of Facebook and miss seeing all of the crazy just because I don't agree with something? That only punishes me. You leaving KTC only punishes you.

I hope you reconsider. You may not be planning a cave, but you just took a big first step toward executing one.

-worktowin

Offline canofbeans

• Quit Pro
  • (+1 Hidden)
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
The end:

1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22 , 23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 27 , 28 , 29 , 30 , 31 , 32 , 33 , 34 , 35 , 36 , 37 , 38 , 39 , 40 , 41 , 42 , 43 , 44 , 45 , 46 , 47 , 48 , 49 , 50 , 51 , 52 , 53 , 54 , 55 , 56 , 57 , 58 , LMM WISDOM
Rebel Rouser (retired)

Offline Dieselchick87

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mud Drag Racing (2017 first year behind the wheel)My pups (German shepherd & Chihuahua)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 08:24:00 AM »
Congrats on crushing the first 50 Days of your Quit!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 09:58:00 PM »
Beans we're all addicts just like you. Addiction sucks balls the main reason there's no cure. That means you will battle with your brain for a long time. You can learn to live with your addiction. You can learn to defeat it ODAAT! You're not alone as long as that names on roll! Damn proud to be quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline ChristopherJ

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: Sept 17, 2014
  • Interests: Travel, music, sports, art,
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 04:30:00 PM »
Welcome Beans! I'm very happy that you found us and after reading you have discovered something critical: you are not alone! And you don't have to quit alone. Keep reading and get to know your quit brothers and sisters. You can do this CJ
Don't be afraid.  You are not alone.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »
Hey Beans glad you made it here and are posting roll. Keep that up, and keep learning, reading intros and background info on the addiction, and posting in here so quitters can see where you are and provide the best support. The intros can be a great log of your experience as your quit grows. When I look back at mine i see how far i've come AND how i never want to go through the battles i had to make it through ever again! Keep it up, and build it stronger day by day!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 11:58:00 PM »
A little hope....Beans....And Roll Call
Can go a long way....
Get in here...
I Quit with you today.
Rawls 682
I believe.....

Offline dipbegone

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, Turf, Baseball Coach, all things with the kids, time on the boat wetting a line
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 09:15:00 PM »
Welcome! I'm living proof this kook aide works. Check your pm lets do this

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 08:54:00 PM »
Welcome. Post your promise, and keep your word. Read all you can, and reach out when needed. Refuse to cave.

That's it in a nutshell.

Oh yeah, you'll always be an addict, just like the rest of us.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 05:05:00 PM »
Quote from: canofbeans
I just found this site yesterday while searching for dip substitutes and I can't tell you enough how awesome this site is! I can't believe there are so many others out there who have the same feelings/thoughts/experiences related to the damn little can. All the doubt, fear, excuses, days with the "fuck-it" attitude, guilt, sneaking a dip, staying up late to get one last dip, etc., etc. All of these stories and experiences I have read about over the last 24 hours makes me realize I am not the only one....AND....I can quit FOREVER!!!

I've got about 5 of my closest friends that I need to get on board now, I want them to have the same sense of hope that I have been given from this site. Thank you!
Welcome and congrats on your new freedom,
The recipe for success on KTC is posting roll everyday, keeping your promise for that day, repeat...
Don't worry about your friends you can only control yourself, tell them you are done and if they offer you chew take the can and dump it out. That will stop the offering real quick.
Post roll, read up, and get active
ID Spuds

Offline canofbeans

• Quit Pro
  • (+1 Hidden)
canofbeans intro
« on: September 29, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »
I just found this site yesterday while searching for dip substitutes and I can't tell you enough how awesome this site is! I can't believe there are so many others out there who have the same feelings/thoughts/experiences related to the damn little can. All the doubt, fear, excuses, days with the "fuck-it" attitude, guilt, sneaking a dip, staying up late to get one last dip, etc., etc. All of these stories and experiences I have read about over the last 24 hours makes me realize I am not the only one....AND....I can quit FOREVER!!!

I've got about 5 of my closest friends that I need to get on board now, I want them to have the same sense of hope that I have been given from this site. Thank you!
Rebel Rouser (retired)