Author Topic: Help...  (Read 864 times)

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Help...
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2013, 11:16:00 PM »
Anyone talked to this guy since his arrival? Correct me if I am wrong, but havent seen him posting roll. Just curious, havent seen or heard from him.

Thanks.
D

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 09:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Jaden
Hi I'm Jaden, I recently started my quit... Well it was august 1st, anyways I've been doing good up until this last week. My wife and I got in a huge fight Sunday morning and so I turned back to the can that morning and it's been a downward spiral ever since. I've been dealing with the Washington state tobacco quit line and they've helped out a lot! I haven't called them yet about this mishap but I'm going to after I get done with this post, anyways I'm just looking for encouragement and words of wisdom to take the next step. I'm curious to hear from people that are in my same position (quitting) to see what you guys think should be the next step, whether I should set a new quit date again or just try to start again on Monday or something... Thanks in advance
I'm not sure I can add much more than everybody else already did, but it is possible to get this done today. You'll read a lot of advice that says to plan your quit,  you should. Have your support system ready, both IRL and numbers of guys on here. Have your substitutes ready, whether that be candy, jerky, seeds, or fake dip. But they'll say you should plan your quit date. Forget that. It's entirely possible to do this NOW. I found this site  started my quit unplanned  unprepared, but the guys on here have all pulled together,  55 days later I'm still quit. As you know if you went Aug.1 to last week, it does get easier  better.

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
Quote from: srans
Hi I'm Jaden, I recently started my quit... Well it was august 1st, anyways I've been doing good up until this last week. My wife and I got in a huge fight Sunday morning and so I turned back to the can that morning and it's been a downward spiral ever since. I've been dealing with the Washington state tobacco quit line and they've helped out a lot! I haven't called them yet about this mishap but I'm going to after I get done with this post, anyways I'm just looking for encouragement and words of wisdom to take the next step. I'm curious to hear from people that are in my same position (quitting) to see what you guys think should be the next step, whether I should set a new quit date again or just try to start again on Monday or something... Thanks in advance
Enough with the new date bull,,, There is a quitter somewhere, find that guy for me. I would like to meet him.
Agree with SRANS. Nobody cares about next Monday, next month, or your New Year's resolution. We are interested in TODAY. Today is really the only day we are in control of. Today I choose no nicotine, why don't you join me?

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2013, 08:04:00 AM »
Enough with the new date bull,,, There is a quitter somewhere, find that guy for me. I would like to meet him.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Sgt12

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 06:17:00 AM »
Quit today, brother. Don't wait. Dump your can(s) and get to posting roll. Read everything you can on this site. I'm on day 24 and I'm here to tell you that the quit gets easier. This place is amazing for support and the guys here will help you out, but you've got to want it.

You want to be quit? You can and will if that's what you really want. Post roll and let's do this.
Cave: 11/28/13
New Quit Date: 11/29/13

Don't ever get complacent.

Offline JayDubya

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-11
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 01:17:00 AM »
It's easier to fight the Nic-Bitch than it is to fight cancer.

Great advice below. Don't wait. Read this site over and over. Educate yourself about your enemy and your addiction. We are all here to help and we are all here to quit one day at a time.

Welcome!

Offline DippinDave911

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: May 06, 2019
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 12:55:00 AM »
Jaden,

Posting this intro is a tremendously huge step in the right direction. You should not "set" a new quit date. You should QUIT TODAY. Go get your can, go to the bathroom and flush that crap away! Why wait until monday to start quitting again? The time is now.

I want to see you posting roll TODAY. (I believe you will be posting with January 2014). That is the second and most important step you can take. Your fight with your wife is nothing compared to your fight with the Nic Bitch. If you continue dipping you are going to die. Plain and simple. Is the can really that important to you? Do yourself a favor and get the help you need by quitting TODAY. Not Monday, not whenever it is most convenient, TODAY.

Prove to me that you really want a life free of the enslavement that is Nicotine. Go post roll and I will support you. Take the first step and I will walk the line with you. You have to want this more than anything else.

Show me you have what it takes to be a Quitter and I will support you.

Dave

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »
You should start right now, do dump the can, sign roll call and do that daily. The difference between us and the help line is we have been where you are and you can do this but you have to want to. Your fight with your wife had nothing to do this, its a matter of wanting to do.

You make the choice, go over to the quit groups and put up a day 1.
A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline Mjollnir

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 12:52:00 AM »
You should stop now. No excuses either. A quick question for you to think about. Did taking that dip help you with the argument? You and I both know the answer to that.

January 14 is you quit group. Go sign up with them and get quit.

Offline Jaden

Help...
« on: October 13, 2013, 12:32:00 AM »