Author Topic: Day one - It's a long one  (Read 1034 times)

Offline blackhawkcowboy

• Quitter
  • Interests: Camping, Hiking, Cars and trucks
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day one - It's a long one
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Nice man, and, yes, I've laid into my gym's bag as well. I hit that thing so damn hard my wrist hurt for 3 days.

I looked for all sorts of answers when I first quit to help. I ultimately settled on running. I am running my first marathon in 3 weeks.

We do what we must to get through this. Good job. I'm very proud of you.
Congrats on the Marathon and good luck, It's amazing how much you can get done when you don't have that stuff running through you veins bringing you down and out of shape....
Today is the Day of the rest of my Days

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 08:12:00 AM »
Quote from: blackhawkcowboy
I got up this morning and being in the Army I have to do some PT every morning, which for most I believe does help curve the crave, but I excersize all the time so it's just like another day to me, and became a trigger for me to put that nasy crap in my lip...

But on day 5 this morning was different.. On day 4 I was in such a Fog at the end of the day that I could feel every part of myself tighting up... I wasn't sure what to do, I did some push-ups and other things but nothing seemed to help.. Well this morning I went to the gym to workout like every morning, and then I see it!!! It was like finding the lost Ark... Hanging there in all it's glory... I new it was there but never paid any attention... It was what I need all a long, the fix I was craving... It was a beautiful Puching bag, and we had some light gloves as well...

I went to town on this thing, and with every punch the tension melted away more and more...

I know that we all can get the craves, and sometimes the things that used to work just don't anymore, Try a punching bag (or just try anything different) when you are so fed up and you just can't take anymore, it gives you a release of all that rage...

PLEASE DO NOT USE SOMEONE OR LIVING THING AS AN ALTERNATIVE, IF YOU NEED ONE USE PILLOWS, MATTRESS, LAUNDRY BAG!!
Nice man, and, yes, I've laid into my gym's bag as well. I hit that thing so damn hard my wrist hurt for 3 days.

I looked for all sorts of answers when I first quit to help. I ultimately settled on running. I am running my first marathon in 3 weeks.

We do what we must to get through this. Good job. I'm very proud of you.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline blackhawkcowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »
I got up this morning and being in the Army I have to do some PT every morning, which for most I believe does help curve the crave, but I excersize all the time so it's just like another day to me, and became a trigger for me to put that nasy crap in my lip...

But on day 5 this morning was different.. On day 4 I was in such a Fog at the end of the day that I could feel every part of myself tighting up... I wasn't sure what to do, I did some push-ups and other things but nothing seemed to help.. Well this morning I went to the gym to workout like every morning, and then I see it!!! It was like finding the lost Ark... Hanging there in all it's glory... I new it was there but never paid any attention... It was what I need all a long, the fix I was craving... It was a beautiful Puching bag, and we had some light gloves as well...

I went to town on this thing, and with every punch the tension melted away more and more...

I know that we all can get the craves, and sometimes the things that used to work just don't anymore, Try a punching bag (or just try anything different) when you are so fed up and you just can't take anymore, it gives you a release of all that rage...

PLEASE DO NOT USE SOMEONE OR LIVING THING AS AN ALTERNATIVE, IF YOU NEED ONE USE PILLOWS, MATTRESS, LAUNDRY BAG!!

Offline mich 34

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Interests: reading, hunting, fishing, above all - spending time with the wife and kids (when they are being good!!)
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
Welcome! I saw something better than a day 1 post when I supported August, it was your day 2 post, keep it up - a day at a time and focus only on today. Throw me a pm if you'd like my cell number - it can be a life saver to toss a text or to give a call!
my intro
QD 07-19-2012
Group - Roctober Madmen Post with some Madmen (and women)
HOF 10-27-12 HOF Speech
2nd Floor 2-4-13, 3rd Floor 5-15-13
1 year of freedom - 7-19-2013. Thank you KTC
4th Floor 8-23-13, 5th Floor 12-1-13, 6th Floor 3-11-14, 7th Floor 6-19-14, 8th Floor 9-27-14, 9th Floor 1-5-15

Offline CleanFuel

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 11:28:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: bleeckerdogs
103 days ago i first found KTC with a juicy chew in my face.  I new I wanted to quit, shit i started to hundred of times before.  After spending about an hour reading I said its time.  The next day was my day 1.  Without the "wisdom, attitude and advice" here I would be working towards cancer today.  Instead I have a HOF coin in my pocket and an attitude like today is no problem.  Tommorow I will start all over by posting 103 and my promise for the day.  One day at a time, before you know it you will be in double digits.  You can do this, ask for help when its needed.  Come back here and read for hours.  Find the contract and read it, shit print it and keep it with you.  If you still want to chew after reading that then we cant help you.

Good luck, I quit with you today, I hope to again tomorrow!
There is no hope here.

Balls. We have balls and determination. I am worth more than sticking a pitch of cancer candy in my lip. That compels me to kick the shit out of the nic bitch every damn day. Shiny balls of steel.

Congrats on the century. One day at a time indeed. The path always starts with one step.
Agreed. Amen my brother.
Quit 04.02.2012 --- HOF 07.11.2012 --- 5 Years 04.02.2017

Now I am the Voice. I will LEAD, not follow. I will BELIEVE, not doubt. I will CREATE, not destroy. I am a Force for God. I am a Leader.

Defy the odds. Set a new standard. STEP UP!

My HOF Speech

My Intro

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
Quote from: bleeckerdogs
103 days ago i first found KTC with a juicy chew in my face. I new I wanted to quit, shit i started to hundred of times before. After spending about an hour reading I said its time. The next day was my day 1. Without the "wisdom, attitude and advice" here I would be working towards cancer today. Instead I have a HOF coin in my pocket and an attitude like today is no problem. Tommorow I will start all over by posting 103 and my promise for the day. One day at a time, before you know it you will be in double digits. You can do this, ask for help when its needed. Come back here and read for hours. Find the contract and read it, shit print it and keep it with you. If you still want to chew after reading that then we cant help you.

There is no hope here.

Balls. We have balls and determination. I am worth more than sticking a pitch of cancer candy in my lip. That compels me to kick the shit out of the nic bitch every damn day. Shiny balls of steel.

Congrats on the century. One day at a time indeed. The path always starts with one step.

Offline bleeckerdogs

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 02:39:00 PM »
103 days ago i first found KTC with a juicy chew in my face. I new I wanted to quit, shit i started to hundred of times before. After spending about an hour reading I said its time. The next day was my day 1. Without the "wisdom, attitude and advice" here I would be working towards cancer today. Instead I have a HOF coin in my pocket and an attitude like today is no problem. Tommorow I will start all over by posting 103 and my promise for the day. One day at a time, before you know it you will be in double digits. You can do this, ask for help when its needed. Come back here and read for hours. Find the contract and read it, shit print it and keep it with you. If you still want to chew after reading that then we cant help you.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 01:40:00 PM »
Welcome to the best decision you'll ever make. It's not easy bro but it sure as hell is worth it! I'm 10 days quit and am hanging onto this site and these people like my life depends on it because... It does. Follow the vets advice... Find your quit group, post roll, read, learn, reach out, vent, share, post roll, rinse and repeat. Do it. You got this... We got you. I quit with you today bro!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline blackhawkcowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »
Thanks for the great welcome! I know that I can do this and and even more so after reading so many post on others, I look forward to getting to know everyone!!

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 01:18:00 PM »
Let that great fire burn.

There was a day back in 2010 that was my first time posting on any kind of forum. It seemed very strange to me. I was hesitant because I didn't know these people, or if they were just trying to trick me. This place is awesome. I don't use that word often, but it truly is awesome. I've met some good friends, and my life has been saved by some people who I'll never meet.

Send a message if you need any help.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
Good job posting day 1 in August. Stick to this site all weekend. Read every word on here and it will keep you quit. By the time Monday comes the nic will be out of your system. If YOU want this, then YOU can do it. We will support you in every way possible, but you need to let us know what you need. Congrats on the best decision ever.

Check your Inbox (1)
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
Quote from: blackhawkcowboy
This is my first time posting on any kind of forum..lol I saw this site and i've wanted to quit (for myself) for so long, and after seeing this community it has lit a great fire in me to do so with the confidance that I can make it and I will. Thank you for such a great thing and resource..
welcome aboard buddy. If we can do it so can you.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline blackhawkcowboy

• Quitter
Day one - It's a long one
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:37:00 AM »
This is my first time posting on any kind of forum..lol I saw this site and i've wanted to quit (for myself) for so long, and after seeing this community it has lit a great fire in me to do so with the confidance that I can make it and I will. Thank you for such a great thing and resource..