Author Topic: I am a nicotine addict.  (Read 2356 times)

E&C's Dad

Re: I am a nicotine addict.
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
100 DAYS. CONGRATS! QUIT WITH YOU EVERY DAMN DAY!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 08:49:00 AM »
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: Zillah
Quote from: Emulator
Congrats on the millstone. I quit with you.....Robbie
So Asowles got rid of a millstone (nicotine) around his neck...and achieved a milestone by hitting a hunsky! Way to go bro.
ZC
Congrats on reaching HOF! Enjoy the milestone as you roll on by! 2 Hundy here we come!
Nice work! Come to the back of the train....we have a party going on!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Online SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 211
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 06:14:00 AM »
Quote from: Zillah
So Asowles got rid of a millstone (nicotine) around his neck...and achieved a milestone by hitting a hunsky! Way to go bro.
ZC
Congrats on reaching HOF! Enjoy the milestone as you roll on by! 2 Hundy here we come!

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
ZC

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 09:49:00 PM »
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 12:39:00 PM »
Congrats !

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 10:26:00 AM »
100 days of Freedom! Congrats. I quit with you.
Quit 12/31/2013

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »
Hey hey look who turned 50! Nice work man.
ZC

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 11:04:00 PM »
Hey bro, your at 35 days now and doing a damn fine job of quittn. Proud to be quit with you.

Online SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 211
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 01:41:00 PM »
Day 16...Hang tough today, you got this even if it the suck is poking at you!

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 05:36:00 PM »
Asowles..congrats on Day 10 brother. Nice quit goin' on.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2014, 04:04:00 PM »
Quote from: 30isEnuff
Quote from: DennyX
Quote from: srans
Quote from: ASowles
So I have made it past 72 hours and am now at 81 hours.  I somehow thought I would level out after the first 72 due to the lack of nicotine in the blood stream but only it seems that I have had more extreme highs and lows.  I quit and am quit and will quit everyday despite highs and lows.
You will do this one day at at a time. You screwed your brain for years,, I say again YEARS!! I'll let you add the days up on your own. You'll probably need a calculator. I say that to say this,,, 72 hours is just the beginning. I didn't begin feeling better until about 40 days in. Maybe you will be different though,, you never no. In time you will start to feel better and begin feeling somewhat normal. What is normal exactly!?!? Your guess is as good as mine.

My worst day without the poison is better than my best day with it. One day at at time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it.

Keep your head pointed forward, nothing back there but a can of disgusting, stinky, good for nothing poison.
Hey brother, man I had major up's and downs, super highs, and rock bottom lows. And it scared me to death. I never understood the grips of this addiction and the power of nicotine until I QUIT. Can you believe a weed is doing this to you? That a weed is consuming, not only yours but thousands of others', thoughts right now? Hey, FU nic, we are done with you. Embrace it my friend, welcome it in. Breathe it in and don't ever forget it. A weed did this to you. Hate it for that. I remember someone here telling me that when I went into a c-store to curse at the nic wall behind the register. Tell her F-U. Out loud. I did, and as crazy as it sounds, it felt really good. I got into it and I think the cashier "caught" me, and thought I was crazy. I don't care, it was great. I quit with you today, stay strong and just make it to the end of today.
ASowles, Listen to DennyX...he saved my life. You're doing it right. Never give up. Never surrender.
Just quit for Today.

While the nicotine is out of your system, the damage it did to you still exists. Nicotine is a neurotoxin more potent than cobra venom, be patient.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »
Quote from: DennyX
So I have made it past 72 hours and am now at 81 hours.  I somehow thought I would level out after the first 72 due to the lack of nicotine in the blood stream but only it seems that I have had more extreme highs and lows.  I quit and am quit and will quit everyday despite highs and lows.
You will do this one day at at a time. You screwed your brain for years,, I say again YEARS!! I'll let you add the days up on your own. You'll probably need a calculator. I say that to say this,,, 72 hours is just the beginning. I didn't begin feeling better until about 40 days in. Maybe you will be different though,, you never no. In time you will start to feel better and begin feeling somewhat normal. What is normal exactly!?!? Your guess is as good as mine.

My worst day without the poison is better than my best day with it. One day at at time and you can have back a lot of what the poison has stolen. Never again for any reason and you can keep it.

Keep your head pointed forward, nothing back there but a can of disgusting, stinky, good for nothing poison.
Hey brother, man I had major up's and downs, super highs, and rock bottom lows. And it scared me to death. I never understood the grips of this addiction and the power of nicotine until I QUIT. Can you believe a weed is doing this to you? That a weed is consuming, not only yours but thousands of others', thoughts right now? Hey, FU nic, we are done with you. Embrace it my friend, welcome it in. Breathe it in and don't ever forget it. A weed did this to you. Hate it for that. I remember someone here telling me that when I went into a c-store to curse at the nic wall behind the register. Tell her F-U. Out loud. I did, and as crazy as it sounds, it felt really good. I got into it and I think the cashier "caught" me, and thought I was crazy. I don't care, it was great. I quit with you today, stay strong and just make it to the end of today.
ASowles, Listen to DennyX...he saved my life. You're doing it right. Never give up. Never surrender.
Just quit for Today.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
So I have made it past 72 hours and am now at 81 hours. I somehow thought I would level out after the first 72 due to the lack of nicotine in the blood stream but only it seems that I have had more extreme highs and lows. I quit and am quit and will quit everyday despite highs and lows.

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.