Author Topic: I am a nicotine addict.  (Read 2359 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: I am a nicotine addict.
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 09:55:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: ASowles
So here I am like the rest of you addicted to nicotine. My name is Aaron and for 15 years or half my life I have been using it in one form or another.  What I am most ashamed of is I have quit for 2 years and still fallen back to the drug.  I have lost relationships over the drug, along with who knows how much time and money.  I want to be free from it but love it none the less  36 hours in and here I am.  I quit.
Welcome Aaron
You are in the right place. I am just in the month ahead of you. I am feeling good about you already as you have acknowledged you are a nicotine addict. Know one thing. Nicotine did NOTHING for you! All it did is ease the withdrawals you were going through since your last dip. Get through 3 days of withdrawals and the nic will be out of your system. Stay with us, learn how to post roll. Post your promise not to use nicotine one day at a time (ODAAT) keep you word everyday. There are people here that are posting roll everyday for more than six years. WHY? They are STILL quitting ODAAT.They are still quit, so it must work. Read and learn about our addiction. Then kill it. If you STOPPED for two years you know how to do this. You obviously did not quit. Now you are quit.
You're doing the right thing brother. Read everything on KTC, follow the program, and make some friends. It works. Congrats on making a great decision. I quit with you today.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 09:54:00 PM »
I want to be free from it but love it none the less
Welcome Aaron. You are definitely in the right place.

You don't love her. You just think you do. She has tricked you into believing that. It's a deadly lie. Look through the fog and you will see that you hate that bitch. It will give you strength.

One day at a time brother. This is the right place.

PB
31 days

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
So here I am like the rest of you addicted to nicotine. My name is Aaron and for 15 years or half my life I have been using it in one form or another. What I am most ashamed of is I have quit for 2 years and still fallen back to the drug. I have lost relationships over the drug, along with who knows how much time and money. I want to be free from it but love it none the less 36 hours in and here I am. I quit.
Welcome Aaron
You are in the right place. I am just in the month ahead of you. I am feeling good about you already as you have acknowledged you are a nicotine addict. Know one thing. Nicotine did NOTHING for you! All it did is ease the withdrawals you were going through since your last dip. Get through 3 days of withdrawals and the nic will be out of your system. Stay with us, learn how to post roll. Post your promise not to use nicotine one day at a time (ODAAT) keep you word everyday. There are people here that are posting roll everyday for more than six years. WHY? They are STILL quitting ODAAT.They are still quit, so it must work. Read and learn about our addiction. Then kill it. If you STOPPED for two years you know how to do this. You obviously did not quit. Now you are quit.

Offline Gdubya

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: August 23, 2013
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:21:00 PM »
So here I am like the rest of you addicted to nicotine. My name is Aaron and for 15 years or half my life I have been using it in one form or another. What I am most ashamed of is I have quit for 2 years and still fallen back to the drug. I have lost relationships over the drug, along with who knows how much time and money. I want to be free from it but love it none the less 36 hours in and here I am. I quit.
Aaron welcome to KTC. And yes, you are an addict. And did you say you " love it non the less "? Spoken like a true addict. If you want to actually quit, then this is the place. You need to go to your group, April 2014, and post roll. That will be your group. The cost of admission on KTC is posting roll. Every day. This is a nicotine free site. No gum, patches, etc. Posting roll is your promise to every one here that for that day you will not partake of the nic bitch. Nect, read every thing you can on this site. You'll find tools to help with your quit. And get all the contacts you can. Make friends. Build relationships. This will be the glue that makes your quit stick. Here we quit together and we quit one day at a time. I'm sending you a pm. Look for your inbox up above.

Gdubya

Offline ASowles

• Quitter
  • Interests: God, Family, Outdoors, Work, in that order.
  • Likes Given: 0
I am a nicotine addict.
« on: January 01, 2014, 08:20:00 PM »