Author Topic: Good day Brothers/Sisters  (Read 1599 times)

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: Good day Brothers/Sisters
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 04:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Cascadian
Quote from: pky1520
Just so that I'm clear. Making myself accountable to my son in no way makes him the responsible party. It forces me to apply more responsibility on myself. You stating that I will resent my son when I fail is, in my opinion, somewhat out of line. It is apparent that much has been written here by many different parties concerning the "best" way to quit. Although it is true that we all know more than any of us, It is my belief that the best way to quit is going to be what works best for the individual. Also, I have never had a user name for this site prior to this one so please call off the hall monitors. I think people coming here would likely prefer initial camaraderie rather than instant opinions and scoldings by the experts.
I think you misinterpreted me homeslice. My point is that you have to want this for yourself. You can only be successful if you desperately want to be. Your family might be a catalyst to get you to start the quit and they can provide additional support and accountability. However, the raw fact is that if you don't really want to do this, you're not going to be able to and you'll be likely to blame those around you for putting you through it.

I have no idea if that's your situation. Your intro post was like 4-5 sentences, so I based my advice on the limited information that I had. In no way was I trying to call you out, antagonize you or discredit your commitment. I was laying out, as clearly as I possibly could, the expectations at this site and tendering advice based on personal experience and observation. I am not sure how I could have done more to properly welcome you to this site - maybe tone doesn't come across clearly over print, but I promise you I wasn't in any way trying to scold.

I understand being on day 3 and feeling edgy as all hell, but you'll lose your mind if you go out of your way to be offended.
I am not one to go out of my way to be offended. In fact, I am still trying to figure out what the end result of being offended is. Best I can figure is that there is no end result. I apologize if I come off as a tool. It is quite apparent that I'm not doing to well in the patience department.
No worries and I'm glad to see you on Roll! If you stick with that decision, it will change your life.

Sometimes things on this site won't make a lot of sense and might get on your nerves - just trust me when I tell you that the purpose is to help keep you quit.

Don't worry about your patience being thin. Come to KTC and take whatever rage out here that you need to. We're all big boys  girls and can take a little quit rage. Eventually (and sooner than you think), your mood and outlook will stabilize. Your brain chemistry is way off and has a lot of healing to do. Just keep your name on roll and nicotine out of your system and you will get better.

Proud to be quitting with you today!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 01:26:00 PM »
By my quick count, you have about 10 -12 years of combined quitter knowledge trying to help you, yet you write some snarky butthurt drivel.

I stopped chewing tobacco probably 30-40 times for my wife and kids over 17 years. I QUIT chewing tobacco once over 2 years ago when I decided it was for me and my life. See the difference?

Why come to a support site if you don't like the proven method? I could try and fix my car the way I want to do it, but really don't like walking all that much.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 09:55:00 AM »
Where you at Cascadian? Unless quitting is the most important thing to you right now you will fail. Use this site. Post Roll, be active. Its the only thing that worked for me after 24 years of 2 cans a day. Quitting is hard. You've got to want it more than anything. Do you?

Offline PMILS

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • September 16 STD
  • Quit Date: 14Jun16
  • Likes Given: 172
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2016, 11:47:00 PM »
Quote from: pab1964
Just so that I'm clear. Making myself accountable to my son in no way makes him the responsible party. It forces me to apply more responsibility on myself. You stating that I will resent my son when I fail is, in my opinion, somewhat out of line. It is apparent that much has been written here by many different parties concerning the "best" way to quit. Although it is true that we all know more than any of us, It is my belief that the best way to quit is going to be what works best for the individual. Also, I have never had a user name for this site prior to this one so please call off the hall monitors. I think people coming here would likely prefer initial camaraderie rather than instant opinions and scoldings by the experts.
I think you misinterpreted me homeslice. My point is that you have to want this for yourself. You can only be successful if you desperately want to be. Your family might be a catalyst to get you to start the quit and they can provide additional support and accountability. However, the raw fact is that if you don't really want to do this, you're not going to be able to and you'll be likely to blame those around you for putting you through it.

I have no idea if that's your situation. Your intro post was like 4-5 sentences, so I based my advice on the limited information that I had. In no way was I trying to call you out, antagonize you or discredit your commitment. I was laying out, as clearly as I possibly could, the expectations at this site and tendering advice based on personal experience and observation. I am not sure how I could have done more to properly welcome you to this site - maybe tone doesn't come across clearly over print, but I promise you I wasn't in any way trying to scold.

I understand being on day 3 and feeling edgy as all hell, but you'll lose your mind if you go out of your way to be offended.
I am not one to go out of my way to be offended. In fact, I am still trying to figure out what the end result of being offended is. Best I can figure is that there is no end result. I apologize if I come off as a tool. It is quite apparent that I'm not doing to well in the patience department.
Here we go again. Post roll dude, listen read pay attention and listen some more
Stop thinking! Do what you know is right!! POST ROLL!!
ENJOY YOUR QUIT TODAY!!

Intro

HOF Speech

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2016, 11:44:00 PM »

Here we go again. Post roll dude, listen read pay attention and listen some more
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Cascadian

• Quit Date: 2016-10-20
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »

I have no idea if that's your situation. Your intro post was like 4-5 sentences, so I based my advice on the limited information that I had.  In no way was I trying to call you out, antagonize you or discredit your commitment. I was laying out, as clearly as I possibly could, the expectations at this site and tendering advice based on personal experience and observation. I am not sure how I could have done more to properly welcome you to this site - maybe tone doesn't come across clearly over print, but I promise you I wasn't in any way trying to scold.

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 08:15:00 PM »

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 02:51:00 PM »
Congrats my brother on the quit, best decision you have ever made. After a few days/weeks you will think you made a bad decision to quit, don't let your emotions run your mind. If you don't understand now, you will later.
I post and ghost a lot, dealing with life after dip and it gets better.

If you need someone to talk to about anything, HMU, I think I've been through it all and the other side is looking beautiful.

I'll PM you

Cope30 - 444
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline Palpatine

• Administrator
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 1.6.2016
  • Likes Given: 409
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »
Cascadian - this is a support group, you are right. Getting defensive and then telling us how to quit or what is the best way to quit isn't going to fly very well here. I'm just letting you know up front that many will pounce on that.

My advice to you is to embrace the knowledge here with many many quitters with many days/months/years with many different walks of life from people losing wives, kids, parents, dogs, jobs, being put in prison, being in the line of duty, having cancer, having died of cancer, etc. You've made the first step by jumping in here which is what we all want everyone to do. Quitting is so freaking hard and we all go through the rage, funk, fog, etc. when we first quit. We are raging inside and out. The best thing you can do is listen to the people here and quit the KTC way. Form your opinions as you want about it but realize that you will not change KTC for what it is worth. In the end, you did come here and we did not find you but we are here to support your quit every day. This place is free...take what you need and leave the rest. Bucking up against the way it works here will end your time here quickly most likely because you will leave on your own which is your decision. Everyone here wants everyone to quit. We are serious about it and most of all, we have all being doing it and know that we can only quit for ourselves and no one else.

Proud to have you on board here. Stick around and you will learn a ton of stuff here and then start helping others out who are new to quitting. Quit on!
-Palpatine Day 301 of freedom
Good...good, let the quit flow through you!  -chewie

Offline Cascadian

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 02:30:00 PM »
Quote from: dieselchick87
Hello All,

I am on my third day and have been here before. We all know the pit falls but this time I have resolve as I have told my son face to face the I am accountable to him as well as myself. I think this will be the difference for me this time. This is not another attempt, this is just what it is. I used to use tobacco!!
Hey Cascadian,

Congrats on 3 days!!!! so besides talking to your son what are you prepared to do differently this time to make your quit Stick? Have you posted roll today? have you made a plan to deal with triggers when they pop up?

three pieces of advice

1.Post roll in your Quit group (Feb 2017)
2. drink water by the gallon it seriously helps the detox
3. come back tomorrow and repeat steps 1  2

Stay Strong and Stay Quit

DC

Offline Cascadian

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 02:24:00 PM »
Welcome Cascadian, you've made a great decision to quit!

This site can be extremely helpful in that experience. You can get some excellent advice, crucial support when you need it and most importantly, accountability to your word.

The backbone of this site is "posting roll." The way that you do that is by finding your quit group. Your's would be February (topic/30053935/19/#new). It's February because that's when you'll hit 100 days free of nicotine, considered your Hall of Fame date.

Roll is first thing every single day and it represents your promise not to use any nicotine product for that day. So you do it first thing and every single day. It's also a requirement for posting on this site.

After that, you can use this intro as a log or as a place to ask advice. Your February group will be made up of folks in about the same spot as you, so those are the people who will help drag you through the tough times, although you're welcome to explore and post all over this site.

A piece of advice - don't place this quit on your son. It's good to be accountable to your family, but the quit has to be for you and about you. Don't "do it for him" because you'll just end up failing and resenting him and you for that failure. You need to want this and be willing to work for it.

Also, one piece of clarification is needed. You say '"have been here before." Does that mean you've been on day 3 before, or you've been at KTC before, under a different screen name? If it's the latter, you will need to use your original screen name.

Welcome again and reach out if I can help with anything.

Welcome Cascadian, you've made a great decision to quit!

This site can be extremely helpful in that experience. You can get some excellent advice, crucial support when you need it and most importantly, accountability to your word.

The backbone of this site is "posting roll." The way that you do that is by finding your quit group. Your's would be February (topic/30053935/19/#new). It's February because that's when you'll hit 100 days free of nicotine, considered your Hall of Fame date.

Roll is first thing every single day and it represents your promise not to use any nicotine product for that day. So you do it first thing and every single day. It's also a requirement for posting on this site.

After that, you can use this intro as a log or as a place to ask advice. Your February group will be made up of folks in about the same spot as you, so those are the people who will help drag you through the tough times, although you're welcome to explore and post all over this site.

A piece of advice - don't place this quit on your son. It's good to be accountable to your family, but the quit has to be for you and about you. Don't "do it for him" because you'll just end up failing and resenting him and you for that failure. You need to want this and be willing to work for it.

Also, one piece of clarification is needed. You say '"have been here before." Does that mean you've been on day 3 before, or you've been at KTC before, under a different screen name? If it's the latter, you will need to use your original screen name.

Welcome again and reach out if I can help with anything.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 09:38:00 AM »
We can't hold you accountable if you don't post roll.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 11:18:00 PM »
Quote from: backwoods901
Hello All,

I am on my third day and have been here before. We all know the pit falls but this time I have resolve as I have told my son face to face the I am accountable to him as well as myself. I think this will be the difference for me this time. This is not another attempt, this is just what it is. I used to use tobacco!!
Hey Cascadian,

Congrats on 3 days!!!! so besides talking to your son what are you prepared to do differently this time to make your quit Stick? Have you posted roll today? have you made a plan to deal with triggers when they pop up?

three pieces of advice

DC
If you were here before you also have 3 questions to answer
I agree with Cole Trickle... BW901!
You been here before under another name?
Or have you just been hawking around as a visitor?
Time to drop the hammer.
Post Roll.
Make a promise....Just for today.
Rawls 714
I believe.....

Offline Backwoods901

• Quit Pro
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
Hello All,

Hey Cascadian,

three pieces of advice

DC
If you were here before you also have 3 questions to answer
9/6/2016

Offline Dieselchick87

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mud Drag Racing (2017 first year behind the wheel)My pups (German shepherd & Chihuahua)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 06:28:00 PM »
Hello All,

Hey Cascadian,

three pieces of advice

DC