Author Topic: 3 days free  (Read 635 times)

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
Re: 3 days free
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 10:37:00 AM »
Congrats on 1 week down!!! We got this!

'oh yeah' 'oh yeah' 'oh yeah'
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline Frobozz

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 04:53:00 PM »
Quote from: StillChet
I'm beginning the long path. Its not the first times I've headed down this trail. I'm just hoping I can come out straight this time. The hard parts over but the war has just begun.
Welcome to the Fraternity of Quit. My name is Jim; I'm nicotine-free since 11 November 2016.

Your best weapon is knowledge - what I like to call Smart Turkey Quitting. At three days without using, your body is now free from nicotine. The withdrawals are now over. You feel free...but you're not truly free. You're on parole - and the only term of parole is No Nicotine, Ever. No exceptions. No excuses. Not even once.

Just post roll every day, and remember to stay away from ALL nicotine. You will do well.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Mike1966
Same story, been hooked for 36 years, been trying to quit unsuccessfully for 30. Until I found this place! Jump in here with both feet and embrace the philosophy even though it may not make sense to you at 1st. It will later. Get to know folks and make friends. In time, that, and having your name on that roll will be a powerful line of defense in saying no to the cravings you'll experience down the road.

Post roll every day and early in the day. WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) is our motto. It's a promise to the group and yourself that youÂ’re not going to use nicotine, not a report on how you did at the end of the day. The idea is that as you go through the day and have an urge to dip youÂ’ll remember that you made a promise to your brothers and yourself that you wouldnÂ’t dip today.

Click on the following link for a video on posting roll. It helped me out. PC How to post roll

Proud to Quit with you today. Congrats on the 1st step to taking back your freedom.
nice job Chet. welcome. 30+ year addict here too. You can do this. all mind games moving forward. Pay special attention to when someone comes back after caving. The excuses are all the same. " cured" "thought i could handle just one" "didnt use KTC tools available to me"

Get active and stay close to KTC. PRoud to be quit with you today, jB

Offline Mike1966

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 4/18/2016
  • Likes Given: 77
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 08:41:00 AM »
Same story, been hooked for 36 years, been trying to quit unsuccessfully for 30. Until I found this place! Jump in here with both feet and embrace the philosophy even though it may not make sense to you at 1st. It will later. Get to know folks and make friends. In time, that, and having your name on that roll will be a powerful line of defense in saying no to the cravings you'll experience down the road.

Post roll every day and early in the day. WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) is our motto. It's a promise to the group and yourself that youÂ’re not going to use nicotine, not a report on how you did at the end of the day. The idea is that as you go through the day and have an urge to dip youÂ’ll remember that you made a promise to your brothers and yourself that you wouldnÂ’t dip today.

Click on the following link for a video on posting roll. It helped me out. PC How to post roll

Proud to Quit with you today. Congrats on the 1st step to taking back your freedom.
Just one and you will be back where you started.
And where you started was desperately wishing
you were where you are right now.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 08:09:00 AM »
Welcome. This is the first time you've headed down the path with the KTC arsenal at your disposal.

The formula works if you jump in with both feet, drink the Kool-aid, and trust the process.

Find your April '17 quit group. Post roll first thing in the morning every damn day. Get involved with your group. Exchange some digits. Reach out when you need to.

I'm beginning my second year dip free, and haven't looked back.

Proud to be quit with you!

Offline StillChet

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-01-17
  • Likes Given: 0
3 days free
« on: January 20, 2017, 11:28:00 PM »
I'm beginning the long path. Its not the first times I've headed down this trail. I'm just hoping I can come out straight this time. The hard parts over but the war has just begun.