Author Topic: 1 millionth time the charm?  (Read 1053 times)

Offline irishstuey

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1 millionth time the charm?
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 11:42:00 AM »
My bad, I realize I bumped a year old thread thinking it was new. Just saw he was a Creighton fan. Ooops

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: Roamcountry
Ummm, anybody notice this intro was from LAST year? 'crackup'
'crackup'

Im gonna send him an email and see if it's today yet.
Says his last activity was today and he has over 200 posts. Odd.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »
Quote from: Roamcountry
'crackup'

Im gonna send him an email and see if it's today yet.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Roamcountry

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 09:00:00 PM »

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
If you want to quit? then fucking quit. NOW

instead you want to prolong it for a few weeks so you can suck on your fruity can of cancer longer?

There is never a good time to quit in the mind of an addict. You'll quit someday when you run out of tomorrows. Hopefully, it won't be cancer, impotence, exposed jaw bone, cardiovascular disease, or death that forces you to make the decision.

Fail
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Enraged Thor

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »
I echo my brethren here. If you're serious, you should quit now. I remember every time I stopped, I just wanted one last one. Even when I first was quit, the first couple hours, I wanted just one last one. I wasn't completely ready. I just spit out half of a tooth!! but I wanted one last dip because I didn't know the last one I had would be my last. But it was my last, and forever shall be, because now I have my quit.

You wont be any more ready to quit on the 1st then you are right now. Answer this question as honestly as possible, what are you going to gain out of a few more days of dipping? You think you'll savor the flavor bc its going to end soon so that a few years down the road you can remember it? I promise when you hit your HOF, and you have your true quit, you WONT WANT to remember what it taste like.

Every moment that poison is in your mouth, is an opportunity for it to kill you. You might think you can get away scott free for another couple weeks until you post roll, but you might be wrong. For all you know you already have cancer.

Offline alpha

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 05:00:00 PM »
i was gonna quit on new years!!!!! It took me 12 days to really do it. Nicotine rules your life. Quit write now. WTF if your serious do it today. Your an addict we're all addicts we told ourselves all the lies. I'll quit on such and such date, i'll quit on my birthday, i'll quit on christmas, when Bama wins the national title etc,etc,. quit right now if you are serious. dump the tin down the shitter and mark it day one.

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline irishstuey

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »
Just start today. I quit with you. And I think the Jays are 10 and 12 in the polls. You from Omaha?

Offline steve1357

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Browns, Indians, Buckeyes.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
Tomorrow never comes. What the hell are you going to get out of chewing for 5 more days. You think you will be more ready than right now? You wont be, there will be another excuse to push back your quit date.

Your plan to quit is as realistic as my plan to win the lottery. Flush the can and join us today. You will not regret the decision.

Offline PMac

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
If you're ready then go for it...don't wait for a few days or next week or whatever. Flush it all and be quit.

That being said, I had a day that was a few days off. I was a ninja dipper and my wife was going to be out of town for the entire day before that day I was going to call my first. I dipped three cans in a single day (which wasn't much off my 2-3 cans per day) while she was gone and I was totally ready for my Day 1. I might get some nasty PMs about telling you that, but I'm just telling you that if you absolutely know that 2/1 is your day then embrace it, dip like a monster for the next few days, and post roll on 2/1 and lead your group like a bad ass.

What I am telling you is that if 2/1 isn't a special day then go ahead and join us now...today...January 26th. Run over to the group and post roll. But if you're going to come back on 2/1 then just make damn sure you come back. Don't be a total jackass and post something about how dedicated you are to it and then not show up or worse yet show up a few days late. I've been a douche bag for a long time (until December 19th). You can stop being one whenever you're ready.

Good luck.

PMac
My Independence Day - December 19, 2011
HOF - March 27, 2012
Comma Town, USA - September 15, 2014
Three Years - December 19, 2014
Eleventh Floor - December 24, 2014

Offline wvsuper

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hikeing, Golf, Gardening
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 10:38:00 PM »
No time like now to quit. No reason to wait till feb 1. Do yourself a favor and get to quitting. This place works. I dipped a can a day for nearly 25 years and smoked 3 packs a week for the last 10 of that. I am quit, you can be too.

Offline OmaJaysfan

• Quitter
1 millionth time the charm?
« on: January 26, 2012, 10:27:00 PM »
Hi all,

This is a neat website. To be honest, I have known it was around for a year or so. Heres my story:

I had my first dip in high school. Skoal Citris just came out (honestly, 90% of my friends that dip, which is MANY, started on that stuff). It was like candy. I threw up, but wanted to be tough, so I stuck it out. From then on I really only chewed when I was drinking or with those guys. Then I left for college. I pry didn't chew for a year straight. Then one night I was at a party with people I didn't really know (it was frosh year, you want to fit in) and some guys threw in a dip. So I joined. This time, I didn't quit.

Its been 5 years since this became more than something I did when I was drunk at a party. I dip in the morning in the shower. I dip on the drive to work. I dip on my lunch break. I dip every time I get in my car. I dip before I go to bed. Right now, I pry go through 3-4 cans per week. Lately, it has gotten much worse. My dip of choice is Skoal Wintergreen Pouches. I have to put in at least 2 if not 3 to get the buzz I need. Its relaxing. I don't want to say I enjoy it, becasue I don't. But anymore, I feel that I need it.

The thing is, I know I don't. I got through the first 16ish years of my life without it. I've gone over a year without it since. I've tried to quit probably 4 times. They were all 4 real honest attempts.

The first attempt probably lasted around 2 1/2 months. Then I binged and a few weeks later I was right back in the old habbit. Then I tried again. Lasted probably 4 weeks. Then I started back up again. Next try, 2 weeks. The try after that, a week and a half.

I feel so good when I quit. I'm proud of myself. I feel free. I spend less money. My teeth look whiter. I smile more. I just plain feel good! I need to. I feel like I'm constantly hocking lugies (no other term for it, sorry haha). Its gross. I have to for real this time. I know what it can do it me. I know it can kill me. Cancer runs in the family on both sides (great grandfather and dad on his side, grandmother on my moms side).

I've put some thought in to it. Feb 1 I'm done. I mean it this time. I'm not just going to look at this site for the whole, your first 100 days article (which is very thurough and helpful btw). I'm going to do this. I'm going to do roll call. Doing it alone hasn't worked. It has to be a group effort now. And it HAS TO END!

Long winded. My bad. Also a huge Creighton fan. #14 in the nation baby!

Glad to be here everyone. Lets do this!
?If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month.? - Theodore Roosevelt

#12 Creighton Bluejays 17-1
#25 Marquette WARRIORS 27-8

That Shit Creigh, ain't it Jays