Author Topic: I'm Quitting Tomorrow (6/1/13)  (Read 5590 times)

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: I'm Quitting Tomorrow (6/1/13)
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
I understand the appeal about starting tomorrow. That's safe. I get it. You can still have your precious. I used to be you.

It's gonna hurt. No doubt.

You can do this.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »
look it taht.. you got your first 4 responsis and gess what? no buddy likes tomorow. sack up and get to it.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
Bro... This place IS your quit plan! You sound ready... You need to be. Do it now. it's not gong to be fun but it is worth it! Get yourself up to the "Welcome Center" link in the banner at the top of the page. Everything you need to know is there including how to post roll. Your quit group will be September 13. This is the vital part of your quit... Accountability to your group that you will be nicotine free this day. One day at a time... No looking ahead... We do this one day at a time because some of those days are going to take everything you've got. Get in there and post roll right now! Give your word to them and all of us posting roll today... No. More. Nic! You need anything PM me... Glad to help anyway I can and... Proud to quit with you any/every day!!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 650
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 11:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Blackhawks
I'm 38 years old and been dipping since I was 18. I've never really given quitting a serious try until now. I am married with a 2 year old son and another son due in September and I want to be there for them. I don't want to get cancer and die in 5 years and miss their whole lives and leave them in a world of hurt without a Father and my wife having to raise the family on her own. I do this for them and I do this for me. I am choosing life over chew.

I have been preparing for this quit for the past 2 weeks. Making lists of reasons to quit and triggers and relapse prevention plans and craving logs, making schedules, purchasing snacks and candy and wall calendars and stickers and bracelets. I feel ready for this challenge. I embrace it.

Kill the Can is going to be an instrumental part of my Quit Plan. How do I find my Quit Group? Any other suggestions? Looking forward to starting my quit and getting to know you guys.

- Blackhawks
well man your quit groop is a hunnert days from your quit day so that wood be sept 2013. you can find it here

now how bout you asplain to me wahts so speshul bout tomorow? cuz man thats one word i hate round here. cuz you no why? tomorow never gets here. any ways do you got a speshul dip planned for this afternoon what you cant miss? you ask for suggestyuns, well heres mine. dump the shit out rite now. flush that shit rite down the toylit. then you go on over to that septemember groop and post up day 1. today. cuz til you do that your playin rushin roolette and you dont no if that next chambers empty or not. and for what? so you can rememember when you quit? i rememember when i quit just fine. it was nov 13 2008. aint nothin speshul bout the day other then it was the day i quit.

Offline per034

• Quitter
  • Interests: My family - 2 amazingly brilliant and beautiful children and an equally amazing and beautiful wife. Sports - Mets and Giants for teams, golf for weekends... Bagpipes. Been playing bagpipes longer than I've been dipping. And that's a long friggin' time.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Blackhawks
I'm 38 years old and been dipping since I was 18. I've never really given quitting a serious try until now. I am married with a 2 year old son and another son due in September and I want to be there for them. I don't want to get cancer and die in 5 years and miss their whole lives and leave them in a world of hurt without a Father and my wife having to raise the family on her own. I do this for them and I do this for me. I am choosing life over chew.

I have been preparing for this quit for the past 2 weeks. Making lists of reasons to quit and triggers and relapse prevention plans and craving logs, making schedules, purchasing snacks and candy and wall calendars and stickers and bracelets. I feel ready for this challenge. I embrace it.

Kill the Can is going to be an instrumental part of my Quit Plan. How do I find my Quit Group? Any other suggestions? Looking forward to starting my quit and getting to know you guys.

- Blackhawks
You don't get a quit group until you quit. I can't tell you what quit group you're in because you still have that shit in your face. Spit that shit out and dump the can - don't throw the can out - you need to open it, dump it out, then take a giant loose shit on top of it so you won't be tempted to dig it out of the trash.

How many times in your 18 years of dipping have you decided to "quit tomorrow?" Tomorrow never comes. You know that. We know that. What's going to happen tomorrow morning when you wake up and there's about a pinch-and-a-half left in that tin? You're going to take a dip because you "need to finish the can." Then you won't quit tomorrow because you already dipped... you'll quit the next day. But again, tomorrow never comes.

You want your quit group? Try the September 2019 quit group, because that's about as fucking close as I guess to when you might actually quit. Dump that shit right now. Reclaim your life right now. Be proud to kiss your wife and child right now without the smell of nicotine on your breath.

If you want to quit then do it. Now. There's absolutely NO REASON for you to keep jamming that shit in your face for another 12 hours.
The love you get here is conditional. The condition is that you are quit.

"Every time you bump someone and dont fix it, a kitten dies" - Jost2Brown

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 609
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 11:20:00 AM »
This site can help. We don't use words like try or hope as they are just another excuse for our addictive brains to tell us another lie. There are no short cuts, but here are some links that will help you navigate this site.

This a NO NICOTINE site. End of discussion. Why this Site Works

Biggest thing to do is get acquainted with this site.

Highly recommend you go here: WELCOME CENTER, Getting acclimated and What to Expect

Your quit decision MUST be 100% your decision. Anything short of that sets you up for failure by allowing your addict brain to blame a given situation as reason for you to go back to the can

You want another layer of accountability? Come post in my room every morning after you post roll in yours April 2012
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
Hello Blackhawk:

First, why tomorrow? Quit now, you are here take your can and dump it and post roll.

Welcome Center the pink link by the banner.

Quit Groups on the forum, you will be September HOF group.

Get accountable, get with the program. Get your gum your seeds your water ready. We are no nic site. Embrace the suck and get ready.

But first of course, you have to quit.

Offline Blackhawks

• Quitter
  • Interests: My FamilyWatching Hockey and all SportsPlaying HockeyCookingTV Shows: Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Falling Skies, Top Chef, Big Brother
I'm Quitting Tomorrow (6/1/13)
« on: May 31, 2013, 11:12:00 AM »

- Blackhawks
FIRST DAY OF FREEDOM 06/01/2013
HOF on 09/09/2013
CAVE on 2/20/2014
NEW DAY OF FREEDOM on 11/17/2015
DISGRACEFUL CAVE on 3/27/16
FINAL DY OF FREEDOM on 3/28/16
INTRO PAGE