Author Topic: I'm Quitting Tomorrow (6/1/13)  (Read 5593 times)

Offline Kdip

• Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quitting and helping others quit, riding my motorcycle, baseball, football, old furniture restoration, junk collecting, vintage arcade machines, rafting, tubing, camping, my family and dog
  • Likes Given: 295
Re: I'm Quitting Tomorrow (6/1/13)
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: Evil_Won
He's gone again. Gave me some of the thickest, stickyest, and stinkiest bullshit I've heard on these boards. He did say he was going to post said bullshit here and in his new group, but I guess he changed his mind on that too.
Blackhawk Down...
Serial Stopper!
Big Pussy..................

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
He's gone again. Gave me some of the thickest, stickyest, and stinkiest bullshit I've heard on these boards. He did say he was going to post said bullshit here and in his new group, but I guess he changed his mind on that too.
Blackhawk Down...
Serial Stopper!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2014, 01:15:00 AM »
Blackhawk Down...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #110 on: March 18, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »
Did I miss where you answered the 3 questions? IF so, I apologize.
IF not, answer them. It is price of re-entry.
Digging deep to answer them honestly will be a huge factor in whether you just white knuckle it until your next cave, or really understand the addiction and finally beat it for good.

Offline Emulator

• Quitter
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »
Quote from: Blackhawks
Just read everything you guys posted.  WOW...what great stuff.  Eye Opening.  First of all, how come I only get an email notification for like one out of every 30 posts?  I got an email notification this morning that Derk had posted on my thread and that's it.  I never even saw all the great posts congratulating me when I made the HOF. 

Evil, I definitely plan on being more accountable this time....my life depends on it.  I am taking you up on your offer.  Lets get together for a beer and a Hawks game.  I'll text you tomorow.
I have stayed away from your intro today and just remained silent, but your last post got me a little perplexed. You stated that you never seen your congrats for hof! Really? Do you have any idea of what goes on at ktc on a daily basis? No reply necessary. Your last post pretty much answers any questions I have!

Clearly, I was just a "Post and Run" quitter. I didn't take the time to figure out everything that goes on at KTC. I am vowing to change that with this quit. I want to add more layers of accountability and get more active and involved. My like depends on it.
Blackhawks, forgive my shortcoming early on. I quit with you today. I will pm you my number if you have any issues or difficulties please text or call... Robbie
ODAAT NAFAR QFL

D-Day 1/1/14
HOF 4/10/2014
2nd Floor July 19, 2014
3rd Floor October 27, 2014

My HoF Speech: http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/10229741/1/#new
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000243565739

Offline Blackhawks

• Quitter
  • Interests: My FamilyWatching Hockey and all SportsPlaying HockeyCookingTV Shows: Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Falling Skies, Top Chef, Big Brother
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2014, 07:57:00 AM »
Just read everything you guys posted.  WOW...what great stuff.  Eye Opening.  First of all, how come I only get an email notification for like one out of every 30 posts?  I got an email notification this morning that Derk had posted on my thread and that's it.  I never even saw all the great posts congratulating me when I made the HOF. 

Evil, I definitely plan on being more accountable this time....my life depends on it.  I am taking you up on your offer.  Lets get together for a beer and a Hawks game.  I'll text you tomorow.
I have stayed away from your intro today and just remained silent, but your last post got me a little perplexed. You stated that you never seen your congrats for hof! Really? Do you have any idea of what goes on at ktc on a daily basis? No reply necessary. Your last post pretty much answers any questions I have!

Clearly, I was just a "Post and Run" quitter. I didn't take the time to figure out everything that goes on at KTC. I am vowing to change that with this quit. I want to add more layers of accountability and get more active and involved. My like depends on it.
FIRST DAY OF FREEDOM 06/01/2013
HOF on 09/09/2013
CAVE on 2/20/2014
NEW DAY OF FREEDOM on 11/17/2015
DISGRACEFUL CAVE on 3/27/16
FINAL DY OF FREEDOM on 3/28/16
INTRO PAGE

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2014, 09:45:00 PM »
Quote from: srans

'crackup' 'bang head' 'Crazy'

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »

Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Blackhawks

• Quitter
  • Interests: My FamilyWatching Hockey and all SportsPlaying HockeyCookingTV Shows: Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, Falling Skies, Top Chef, Big Brother
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2014, 09:14:00 PM »
Just read everything you guys posted. WOW...what great stuff. Eye Opening. First of all, how come I only get an email notification for like one out of every 30 posts? I got an email notification this morning that Derk had posted on my thread and that's it. I never even saw all the great posts congratulating me when I made the HOF.

Evil, I definitely plan on being more accountable this time....my life depends on it. I am taking you up on your offer. Lets get together for a beer and a Hawks game. I'll text you tomorow.
HOF on 09/09/2013
CAVE on 2/20/2014
INTRO PAGE

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 609
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »
Quote from: T-Cell
Quote from: sportsfan231
Question 3) What are you planning to do differently this time?

Let me help you out with this answer.  I am a strong believer in layers of accounability. I am accountable to my group which I post with every day. I am accountable to the other groups that I post in. I am accountable to the MODs and ADMINs that have offered me an additional layer of accountability "behind the curtain". I am accountable to every quitter whose number is in my phone, which I will use before doing something stupid.

Now, there is another layer of accountability that is more special, and quite possibly stonger. I am accountable to every quitter I have met in person. From kdip that is nearing 2000 days to Dave1903 that just hit the HOF. I have looked 19 quitters in the eye and said "never again for any reason", including your former quit-bro Clinton (CBB1984). From California, to Texas, to Michigan, to Indiana. I have built accountability in several states.

I signed cbird's KTC running shirt. Can I cave now? No way; not with other quitters' signatures on it. "I've got his back", iterally, and he has mine. I made a pact with Ziesmer that I would not cave unless he cave me permission. BTW, that pact was made at Blackies on Polk St. in the south loop the day the Blackhawks won the cup in Boston. Where were you? You are way more local to me (35 minutes?) than any of the 19 quitters I have met, and yet we never met. Why? I tried, but you resisted.

So post roll every day in May 14 (you're posting percentage sucked in Sept 13'). Post in other groups every day - I suggest Jan 13. Don't come sulking back with after a five-minute tango with the Bitch asking if you will be accepted back. You will be, but a lot of trust is lost. Earn it back. Look me in the eye and tell me that you QUIT. We don't have to get a pool suite at the Cybaris, just a beer, in a dive bar, with a blackhawk game on the tele. Puck is in your court.
Evil gave you all the answers to stay quit,it's up to you. Be here more then just posting roll make friends. i also invited you to a meet up when i was in northern Indiana for a weekend i met Jason including your former quit-bro Clinton (CBB1984) and few others that night.
You would do well to take Evil up on his offer, it will help you a ton.
Your 200 plus days before was not a success, it was a failure even if it was the longest you have ever made it. That is a stop, not a quit.
If you want to quit embrace accountability whereever you can. Put yourself so far out there that everyone on this site will know if you are quit or not. Bottom line, you simply were not all in last time. Are you going to be this time?
How about actually embracing the concept of the brotherhood here. There is a complete arsenal of quitdom in the Chicago-land area. Suggest you 'track this topic Chicago-land Quitters Get Togethers Make an effort and get out from behind the wall.

Own it this time
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2014, 04:23:00 PM »
Dude just came across this thread today...man where to begin what to say. It appears you didn't quit you were in a stoppage. 265 days 232 posts may have something to do with it. I know this isn't a posting championship but its a good indicator of how active you are here. From the amount of posts it appears you were a post and run kinda guy. So you either sucked at roll or paying it forward and paying it back. All of the above are part of drinking the Kool-Aid here on KTC. So I suggest that in your rebuilding process you incorporate accountability such as numbers being active in your roll post and in others threads. There is information that can be harvested from your cave. As to why you would want to toss 381600 minutes away for 5min.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2014, 12:40:00 PM »
You need to answer those questions and dig deep to find why you just said "eff it."
Then, get your ass on this site. Like everyone says, stay involved. You need numbers, people to call and text. Document your quit. Help newbies. That adds layers of accountability. When you actually know you will be lletting down someone other than yourself, it is much easier.

Offline Blackhawks

• Quitter
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
Hey, just noticed all this great feedback. At work so don't have much time to read it all and reply. Will get to it during lunch and reply.

Thank you all for taking the time to help me out.
HOF on 09/09/2013
CAVE on 2/20/2014
INTRO PAGE

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
First of all, I would again like to apologize to my family, myself and to all of you for caving.  I have carefully read over all you feedback and I thank you for taking the time to address it. 
I am happy to see that many of you are using my screw-up to bolster your own quit and letting it serve as a reminder to never get complacent and to stay very active and very involved and very connected with the KTC community.

To answer the three questions:

(1)   What happened?
I have been going through some very difficult personal challenges in my life.  I will not get into the specifics, but I have been feeling very depressed and hopeless.  When I decided to buy a tin of chew, I was basically just giving up.  Giving up on the quit and giving up on the problems in my life.  After having the chew in for about 5 minutes, I started to get really angry with myself for giving up and became very emotional and actually started to feel sick.  I took the chew out and threw the tin away.  In that moment, I decided that I did not want to be a quitter.  I want to fight.  I want  to fight to make my life better and that definitely includes quitting chew.  I sit here on a new Day 1 extremely motivated to never go down that road again.  To never buy a tin of chew.  To never stop fighting to make my life better for my family and for myself. 

(2)   Why did it happen?
It happened because I gave-up and just threw it all away.  I have been complacent with my quit by not posting roll every day and not making more of an effort to let KTC member into my life. 

(3)   What will I do differently this time?
I will post roll every damn day.  I will get more digits and I will use them.  I will not get complacent.  I will fight till the bitter end to never have a chew again.

Blackhawks... we need to address your cave here. Posting your cave in our quit group is not a way to remember this. You need to see this in your intro. You need to use it as motivation to not fucking cave again.

First off... blaming stress for your cave is ridiculous. Life does not stop happening. You will have ups and downs. If you are quit... man up and stay that way. You going to be able to do that?

If you are going to quit here... then get involved. You had 220 posts with 260+ days quit. That is not involvement. You missed roll repeatedly and were not an active quitter. Get involved this time, or I suggest you might find the same fate.

Read some of the stuff others wrote yesterday. Don't half ass your quit.
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech