Author Topic: Finally doing this, its time  (Read 4414 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
Re: Finally doing this, its time
« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2016, 02:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Ginet
HAPPY DAY 1000 BENJI!!! (the color of your bike helmet)
'worship' 'Cheers' 'wave'
'party' 'party' 'dance' 'clap'

'coolshades ----you chillin' at the QuitPool in Quitland near the Quitpool with me and KO LF

'party2'
'dance' 'chew2' 'chew2'

'moto' ----you running

Celebrating you today Ben. I would not be here without you. Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for each word, every action and most importantly, your friendship.
Mr Dover, congrats on your day 1,000!!
:wub:
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2016, 02:37:00 PM »
HAPPY DAY 1000 BENJI!!! (the color of your bike helmet)
'worship' 'Cheers' 'wave'
'party' 'party' 'dance' 'clap'

'coolshades ----you chillin' at the QuitPool in Quitland near the Quitpool with me and KO LF

'party2'
'dance' 'chew2' 'chew2'

'moto' ----you running

Celebrating you today Ben. I would not be here without you. Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for each word, every action and most importantly, your friendship.
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2016, 10:52:00 PM »
Congrats Ben, Sorry I'm a day late to the party. Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short......Anyway still wanted to say congrats and thanks. I remember my first days in the fog and hitting the chat room and you where in there with words of wisdom already back then. Proud to quit with you.............QLF
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Spence249

• Quitter
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2016, 10:14:00 PM »
Congrats Ben!! Well done. Can't wait for the next getting locked out of your hotel room story in chat

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2016, 09:03:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Hey Benji. Wow....day 900? It still seems like it has been a life time since we quit.....and at the same time, it feels like week one. I could not be where I am without you. This is truth. I can never ever repay you for everything you have done for me. There just are no words.....
I am so happy to see you post day 900 today. I am so thankful for you. I am so happy to have finally met you....and I am always proud to be here each day with you. You have changed my life. You have helped me save my life. I am always here, in your corner, with support, and beaming pride!
Powerful^^

Mr Dover, what a great fight and still winning after 900 days.
I'm so fortunate to have met you in my first days here in the live chat, saved my life! I'm quitting with you today.
I'll quit with you any day

To the next 100! One day at a time. :)

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »
Hey Benji. Wow....day 900? It still seems like it has been a life time since we quit.....and at the same time, it feels like week one. I could not be where I am without you. This is truth. I can never ever repay you for everything you have done for me. There just are no words.....
I am so happy to see you post day 900 today. I am so thankful for you. I am so happy to have finally met you....and I am always proud to be here each day with you. You have changed my life. You have helped me save my life. I am always here, in your corner, with support, and beaming pride!
You leave me speechless :) Thank you so much for your kind words..

The journey we have taken together is what kill the can is all about

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2016, 11:05:00 AM »
Powerful^^

Mr Dover, what a great fight and still winning after 900 days.
I'm so fortunate to have met you in my first days here in the live chat, saved my life! I'm quitting with you today.
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2016, 12:05:00 AM »
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2016, 05:33:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: jpetmpls
Quote from: Natro
Quote from: mogul
Ben, I quit with you today. Mogul
Hey man, Congrats on 900!

528 days ago I was the crabby foggy bastard that stumbled in to chat and found another guy from MN willing to support me in my new quit. A couple of days later this tall guy named MN_Ben strolls in to the liquor store I work at part-time and put a face to the support. Without you I would not still be here. Thanks Ben and Congrats! QLFEDD!
Congrats on 900 and keep on keeping on!
Keep stacking them up man! Model quitter here folks, get to know him!
'oh yeah'
Thank you guys :)

I remember being pre HOF and talking to guys who had big day counts approaching 1000 and I remember thinking I couldn't even imagine being that far in, yet here I am.. one day at a time :)

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2016, 05:00:00 PM »
Quote from: jpetmpls

528 days ago I was the crabby foggy bastard that stumbled in to chat and found another guy from MN willing to support me in my new quit. A couple of days later this tall guy named MN_Ben strolls in to the liquor store I work at part-time and put a face to the support. Without you I would not still be here. Thanks Ben and Congrats! QLFEDD!
Keep stacking them up man! Model quitter here folks, get to know him!
'oh yeah'
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline jpetmpls

• Quitter
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01.12.15
  • Interests: Hockey, motorcycles, bar/restaurant business, marathons, trail running. Ingested nicotine profusely in many forms for nearly 22 years
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2016, 03:12:00 PM »

Offline Natro

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: October 20, 2014
  • Interests: Quitting, cooking, reading, travelling, meeting other quitters.
  • Likes Given: 72
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2016, 11:19:00 AM »

Proud January 2015 "Shell"er
He who controls the spice controls the universe.

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2016, 02:58:00 AM »

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2015, 01:49:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: MN_Ben
800 days...

800 days since I altered the course of my life and took control and kicked the nic bitch to the curb. In a way it almost seems like a distant memory now, and in other ways it seems like just yesterday I found my way into the KTC chat room, foggy as fuck, and finding nothing but support, brotherhood and a lot of laughs.

800 days of taking my life back, 81 pounds lighter today than the day I quit.

I owe a lot to the guys who have helped me along the way, and I've met a lot of really really good people, both virtually and in person.

If you are thinking about quitting, do it, you can't change the fact that you've dipped in the past, what you can do is make a change and take control now.
Congrats on your 800 days Ben!
Congrats on 800 and congrats on the 81 as well. Both are awesome accomplishments!
BA! BA! BA! BA! BA! BA! BA! BA! 8 Times.....
Quitting with you today and everyday! Congrats brother
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »
Quote from: KingNothing
Quote from: MN_Ben
800 days...

800 days since I altered the course of my life and took control and kicked the nic bitch to the curb. In a way it almost seems like a distant memory now, and in other ways it seems like just yesterday I found my way into the KTC chat room, foggy as fuck, and finding nothing but support, brotherhood and a lot of laughs.

800 days of taking my life back, 81 pounds lighter today than the day I quit.

I owe a lot to the guys who have helped me along the way, and I've met a lot of really really good people, both virtually and in person.

If you are thinking about quitting, do it, you can't change the fact that you've dipped in the past, what you can do is make a change and take control now.
Congrats on your 800 days Ben!
Congrats on 800 and congrats on the 81 as well. Both are awesome accomplishments!
BA! BA! BA! BA! BA! BA! BA! BA! 8 Times.....
I believe.....