Author Topic: Day 16 of my 2nd quit.  (Read 7386 times)

Offline BubbaM

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 16 of my 2nd quit.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 04:17:00 PM »
First off if I post on my intro that means I was struggling at some point through my day. Day started off alright. Scooped the driveway then took a walk. Then taking my shower toilet break. Feeling kinda down at that point. Got some pick me up by Athan! But was emotional and out of it at church and until about 2:45pm this afternoon. MissouriMike is a stone cold killer. Talked to this dude on KTC chat and he lifted me up. Taught me a few things about my brain and controlling my thoughts. After you do something like laundry, or dishes, or put
The kids to bed. I need to say out loud. I put my kids to bed! And it made me feel good! Bros, this helps, but you gotta say it out loud and at least once a day. The rest of the day I am going to hang at home. Take care of some stuff and then go to a dinner at my college that I went to. I might check in again after the night but I might not. If you donÂ’t hear anything from me then my night was super sweet! Right now feeling 100 times better then this morning. ItÂ’s all in GodÂ’s work! Meeting new people on KTC to help me out!

Offline dbh68stang

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 11:37:00 AM »
Hang in there, brother. It takes time, but it will get much easier. I quit with you today. -Dave 686

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 06:55:00 AM »
Shared your list of 16 on the intro page. That's great stuff - motivating, edifying, hope creating, just all around great stuff.
I'm sorry about yesterday but glad you didn't lean on the can.
Would love to ride shotgun with you
digits are in your inbox
xoxoxo
I love you bye
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline BubbaM

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 07:02:00 PM »
Getting better. Scooped snow. Trying to be positive the rest of the night. Wife still pissed. IÂ’m kinda happy that she is starting to care and is starting to understand this isnÂ’t a quick fix deal. She is my rock she will get it. Just gotta give her time.

Offline BubbaM

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 03:57:00 PM »
Day 38, started off pissed. Got better after I went for a walk. Took my oldest daughter to get soccer cleats and some socks and stuff. Then took the family to the circus. Circus went “ok” my wife said I looked down for most of the day. After circus I white knuckles drove home in a winter storm. Couldn’t get up the driveway or hills around our house. Somehow got in the driveway sideways. The whole time thinking I’m stressed and I need a D. Got inside and boom. Wife is Pissed at me and I cannot control my emotions. I had to go in the bedroom for a short cry. The cry was better then the first couple weeks. I still had some control. And I wasn’t sobbing uncontrollably. Wife I think doesn’t really understand all my emotions and it’s hard for her. If I were her it would be hard dealing with my dumbass too. Bros this shit is hard. I can’t stop thinking about dipping. But I am sticking to it. I have never made it this far. I need to start to learn that this is going to take time and it’s ok if I have emotions as long as I am not freaking out like I was the first few weeks. At home with the family now. I need to stop thinking I will be bored, and will have nothing to do. I can play with my kids or do the dishes. Or scoop snow.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 11:39:00 AM »
Quote from: BubbaM
I joined on day 16 of my quit. Here are 16 reasons I should have joined sooner!
1-I am able to post what I am feeling.
2-I am able to connect and build relationships with rad dudes!
3-I have backup digits if I ever hit a huge crave and need someone to talk to.
4-I get questions answered if I post. Or at least someone shows they care.
5-I am not driving my wife crazy talking about it to her!
6-Other people on KTC know exactly how IÂ’m feeling.
7-I am able to help other people.
8-Doctors have no idea about nicotine withdrawal. This site is spot on.
9-knowing that I am not alone with my addiction. Other people are struggling with me.
10-knowing what to expect. Timeframes are about spot on.
11-posting roll is actually fun. I look forward and try to say different things daily.
12-this website is frustrating to navigate for a reason! They want to waste your time! So you donÂ’t cave!
13-people actually read your shit. It may be 1 person or 3,000.
14-you make a promise to your boys that you will stay quit!
15-Any time of day people are here for you.
16-These dudes on here are bad ass quitters that I will strive to be like!

Day 37 and I feel way better. Today, I did get gloomy. Everything passes with time. I am feeling better now then I did the first few weeks. Everyday gets better.
Good stuff Bubba.

Check you PM for my digits, please use them, I cant even tell you how many KTC members I have in my phone, and we do stay in contact.

Get active in your quit group, be a leader. I also encourage you to post support in other groups, same years as you, but also other years, you'll be pleasantly surprised and the support you'll get back.

Be safe and quit on! JB

Offline BubbaM

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 10:31:00 PM »
I joined on day 16 of my quit. Here are 16 reasons I should have joined sooner!
1-I am able to post what I am feeling.
2-I am able to connect and build relationships with rad dudes!
3-I have backup digits if I ever hit a huge crave and need someone to talk to.
4-I get questions answered if I post. Or at least someone shows they care.
5-I am not driving my wife crazy talking about it to her!
6-Other people on KTC know exactly how IÂ’m feeling.
7-I am able to help other people.
8-Doctors have no idea about nicotine withdrawal. This site is spot on.
9-knowing that I am not alone with my addiction. Other people are struggling with me.
10-knowing what to expect. Timeframes are about spot on.
11-posting roll is actually fun. I look forward and try to say different things daily.
12-this website is frustrating to navigate for a reason! They want to waste your time! So you donÂ’t cave!
13-people actually read your shit. It may be 1 person or 3,000.
14-you make a promise to your boys that you will stay quit!
15-Any time of day people are here for you.
16-These dudes on here are bad ass quitters that I will strive to be like!

Day 37 and I feel way better. Today, I did get gloomy. Everything passes with time. I am feeling better now then I did the first few weeks. Everyday gets better.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 02:34:00 PM »
Don't worry about screwing up roll. Almost all of us screwed up roll at least a couple times when we were new. It's almost expected that a newbie will screw up roll in some way.

It's often said here - the only way to screw up roll is by not being on roll.

You'll catch on soon enough.

Offline kybo

• Master of Quit
  • Nemo Sine Vitio Est
  • Quit Date: 1/7/2018
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 01:19:00 PM »
How do you differentiate quitting for yourself or your family and life in general? because you are trying to make everything better anyways.

Great question without an easy answer. All I can talk about is what it means to me.

I have failed in my attempts to get away from nicotine many times in my life going back 30 years. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have failed. But, I can tell you that every one of those previous failures had one thing in common. I wasn't really committed. I was still romanticizing tobacco in my head. I was always making halfhearted attempts because it was what I thought everyone else wanted me to do. In essence, I was just going through the motions trying to make other people happy. Deep down, I didn't want to give up tobacco because I had convinced myself that I liked it. I was being selfish.

Fast forward to the Fall of 2017 and I found myself thinking more and more about quitting. There were very few people that even knew that I chewed. Nobody in my family knew and nobody at work knew. Only a handful of my friends and the workers at the Smoke Shop knew that I was addict. But, I was still thinking about stopping. And then one day I made the decision to give it up. Not because anybody was hounding me about it. I stopped because I wanted to stop. I didn't want to get mouth cancer, or damage my kidneys, or suffer from gum disease, etc. And I didn't want to put my family through hell if any of those things did happen to me. But, I also just wanted to stop. I just got tired of being an addict. I got tired of blowing all that money. And I got tired of sneaking around and lying about it. I can't really explain it. I just knew it was time.

You are the only one that can possibly answer that difficult question for yourself. But, don't overthink it. You found your way to KTC for a reason. I think you should start by thinking about why you came to KTC. You might find your answer right there. And sometimes you do quit for yourself because of the people you care about.

Good luck! I promise it will get easier if you stick with it.
"No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody Wang Chung tonight."
"That's what's great about the outdoors, you know. It's one giant toilet."
"i thought I could stay at the party forever, it don't work that way, cause that shit will kill ya" -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

HOF date: 4/16/182nd Floor: 7/25/183rd Floor: 11/02/184th Floor: 2/10/195th Floor: 5/21/196th Floor: 8/19/197th Floor: 12/7/198th Floor: 3/16/209th Floor: 6/24/2010th Floor: 10/02/2011th Floor: 1/10/2112th Floor: 4/20/2113th Floor: 7/29/2114th Floor: 11/7/2115th Floor:  2/14/2216th Floor:  5/25/2217th Floor:  9/2/2218th Floor:  12/11/2219th Floor:  3/21/23

Offline kybo

• Master of Quit
  • Nemo Sine Vitio Est
  • Quit Date: 1/7/2018
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »
How do I join the quit group? and How do I post role. I looked at it and I am super confused. I am sorry I am trying to quit for myself. I get confused when everything is all wrapped up together. How do you differentiate quitting for yourself or your family and life in general? because you are trying to make everything better anyways.
How to post roll video

How to post roll written directions
"No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody Wang Chung tonight."
"That's what's great about the outdoors, you know. It's one giant toilet."
"i thought I could stay at the party forever, it don't work that way, cause that shit will kill ya" -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

HOF date: 4/16/182nd Floor: 7/25/183rd Floor: 11/02/184th Floor: 2/10/195th Floor: 5/21/196th Floor: 8/19/197th Floor: 12/7/198th Floor: 3/16/209th Floor: 6/24/2010th Floor: 10/02/2011th Floor: 1/10/2112th Floor: 4/20/2113th Floor: 7/29/2114th Floor: 11/7/2115th Floor:  2/14/2216th Floor:  5/25/2217th Floor:  9/2/2218th Floor:  12/11/2219th Floor:  3/21/23

Offline BubbaM

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 11:22:00 AM »
How do I join the quit group? and How do I post role. I looked at it and I am super confused. I am sorry I am trying to quit for myself. I get confused when everything is all wrapped up together. How do you differentiate quitting for yourself or your family and life in general? because you are trying to make everything better anyways.

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 10:16:00 AM »
I do not know how many times I will post on here but I am giving it a shot.
Answer - Daily

Welcome, and congrats making it 16 days on your own - seriously.

A couple of corrections - first. you have never quit before this quit, only stopped temporarily to start again. Second, you should not quit to become a better Christian, a better husband, father, family member. You should quit because you want to be quit. Period. Don't quit for your loved ones, quit for yourself. That you are pleasing your loved ones is an added bonus.

One of the definitions of addicition is - persistent compulsive use of a substance known by the user to be harmful.

That's harmful to both your health and your relationships. We know that nicotine is harmful to both our health and our relationships, yet we use(d) it anyway. So, going back to it despite what it does to our health and relationships is part of the addiction. That's why we need to quit because we want to be quit, and not quit to improve our health and relationships. Make sense?

Now, back to my suggestion that you post here daily.

Join your quit group, found here. Learn how to post roll, instructions are forund at the top of the quit group thread.

Posting roll is the key to our success, and it is the price of admission to this site. It's what keeps us quit.

Posting roll is a daily, solemn promise to ourselves, our quit group members, our supporters, and the entire KTC community that we will not use nicotine in any form for the rest of the day. Then, we make the same promise tomorrow. We quit one day at a time.

Please, join us and jump in with both feet. It's your best chance for staying quit.

Offline BubbaM

• Quitter
Day 16 of my 2nd quit.
« on: March 23, 2018, 09:51:00 AM »
This is the first time I have posted anything on this page. I have only used it for research about symptoms. I was chewing from high school and now I am 33 years old. So 15-18 years. It is time to quit. It is time to not be handcuffed by this drug. I feel that I need to say I am addicted in order to get my mind wrapped around the quit. My wife and I just had a new baby and I have 2 other girls. My family life is great. I am quitting so I can become a better christian, a better husband, father, family member. I am quitting for myself. It has been hell for the last 16 days. It does not feel like its getting better some days. But I need to keep pushing through. My withdrawal symptoms are terrible. I get sweaty, high anxiety, I am very emotional and start crying, depression, the blues, just to name a few. My doctor put me on Wellbrutrin and that ended up with me being in the hospital because it gave me some irrational thoughts about suicide. Thoughts not that I would ever go to that length but weird things like "that'd be a nice place to go and die". Well I got off that medication and I feel that made my withdrawal symptoms even worst. So now I am also getting this drug out of my system. They said it takes up to 4 or 5 days. So I have cried more in the last 3 days then I have probly my entire life. I know this post is depressive and blue but I do feel better. I just need to realize when my triggers are and how to best handle them. I need to learn to embrace the suck! because a few weeks from now or a few months from now I will feel better then I ever have before. Just as I am writing this I am feeling good. I hope everyone is doing well and God Bless. I do not know how many times I will post on here but I am giving it a shot.