Author Topic: Doofus Intro  (Read 19601 times)

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Intro
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2018, 06:48:00 PM »
Quote from: Doofus
Day 100

Little late since today is Weds and day 102 but I posted this on Monday.

"So.......I did post twice intentionally.....wanted to be first on roll for bookend WUPPS of 99 and 100 both days.....so technically when I posted roll on those days first it was prior to midnight.....so a follow up WUPP was required each day to be in compliance! .....technically speaking

I'm going to put this in my Intro journal for DAY 100....bookend 99 and 100 double posts, see if I cant get some other newbee folks to do it on their HOF, my way of being unique and maybe starting a tradition

I'm competitive, always have been hence sports was a great fit for me, dont like losing, my quit was and always will be about ending a losing streak to nicotine....I had to turn this thing into a fucking game that you cant lose, KTC got me here by shining some light on things that I could use against the Nic bitch to beat her ass ODAAT.

TODAY IM PROUD TO WIN WITH ALL YOU GOOD PEEPS. THANKS FOR HELPING ME WIN EVERY DAY....thanks for helping save my life.

....and for the record, I ain't going anywhere. ITS WUPP AGAIN WHEN TOMORROW BECOMES TODAY"

That's how I felt on my HOF day.

Additionally, I've texted this to some. I swear to God being quit makes me more emotional, not like I'm a very emotional guy but who knows, I've been on nicotine most of my adult life....I cant remember the last time I've gotten misty....but in the last 100 days, I've had my moments watching my girls...being quit has made me more soulful.

The thoughts of what I've been doing to myself for 30 years, tugged on the big guy's heart strings.....these are the things you dont think about when trying it solo.....its why KTC way works, investment versus just being a half ass quiting fiend

.....now I gotta get HOF speech done
Day 200....double WUPP TIME!....and I'm less misty now

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2018, 09:46:00 AM »
Quote from: Kybo
"......its really about making up your mind and choosing to be done.....after a week clean, its really just a mental game."
That is really the key to the whole thing, isn't it? We are successful in our quits because we truly want to be quit. It is that simple.

I want to be quit and that is all the motivation I need to stay quit.

Like you stated earlier, nicotine doesn't cross my mind much anymore either. I go whole days sometimes without really even thinking about the fact that a year ago I would have had a chew in all day. I know I am not "cured." I know I will never be "cured." And I honestly don't care because it is just a mental game at this point. I haven't lost a mental game in 199 days and I don't plan on losing one anytime soon! I am quit because I want to be quit. It is that simple.

IQWYT!

DAY 193

It is simple. I wish every newbie on the site reads this thread.

U da man Kybo, KTC WAY IS SIMPLE.

That's why I have the line about "excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink".

Posting, support, accountability, KTC....yep, yep, yep, yep....I'm the first one to tip my cap to the KTC and all the kind souls that helped (a total stranger) save his life.....but none of us can reach through a phone and take a dip away from someone.....you gotta want it, you gotta be ready to go war on winning the mental games every fucking day for the rest of your life.

I PROUD TO QUIT WITH YOU AND ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS HERE ON KTC

Offline kybo

• Master of Quit
  • Nemo Sine Vitio Est
  • Quit Date: 1/7/2018
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2018, 01:32:00 PM »
"......its really about making up your mind and choosing to be done.....after a week clean, its really just a mental game."
That is really the key to the whole thing, isn't it? We are successful in our quits because we truly want to be quit. It is that simple.

I want to be quit and that is all the motivation I need to stay quit.

Like you stated earlier, nicotine doesn't cross my mind much anymore either. I go whole days sometimes without really even thinking about the fact that a year ago I would have had a chew in all day. I know I am not "cured." I know I will never be "cured." And I honestly don't care because it is just a mental game at this point. I haven't lost a mental game in 199 days and I don't plan on losing one anytime soon! I am quit because I want to be quit. It is that simple.

IQWYT!
"No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody Wang Chung tonight."
"That's what's great about the outdoors, you know. It's one giant toilet."
"i thought I could stay at the party forever, it don't work that way, cause that shit will kill ya" -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

HOF date: 4/16/182nd Floor: 7/25/183rd Floor: 11/02/184th Floor: 2/10/195th Floor: 5/21/196th Floor: 8/19/197th Floor: 12/7/198th Floor: 3/16/209th Floor: 6/24/2010th Floor: 10/02/2011th Floor: 1/10/2112th Floor: 4/20/2113th Floor: 7/29/2114th Floor: 11/7/2115th Floor:  2/14/2216th Floor:  5/25/2217th Floor:  9/2/2218th Floor:  12/11/2219th Floor:  3/21/23

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2018, 08:13:00 PM »
Quote from: dundippin
It sounds like you have your mind made up on this quit and that is the entire battle.

Once you stop the conversation in your head about whether to do one more or not, then the rest is easy.

It is great how you are playing it forward.

Let me warn you that when you think you have this addiction conquered and you are hitting a milestone date - that when you feel the urge and thought to dip again creep in.

I am not saying this to be a downer.

I am saying this to prepare you for the experience.

I quit with you today.

Quit On!

Dundippin day 920
Day 188

These words have stuck with me especially as I talk to guys just starting their journey to freedom as I close on 2nd floor......its really about making up your mind and choosing to be done.....after a week clean, its really just a mental game.

Offline BBQchips

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Slather on the quit sauce
  • Quit Date: June 28, 2018
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, skiing, hockey, reading, video games
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2018, 04:52:00 PM »
Doof,

Thanks for keeping me honest every morning on the text rounds. You've stacked up some nice wins already and looking forward to seeing more to come.

QWYT.
“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

"The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills."

HOF Speech -A lot has happened

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2018, 09:28:00 AM »
Day 186

Interesting feeling moving toward second floor, nicotine doesn't cross my mind much but I'm still hating pretty hard on the Nic Bitch. Found a good local group...Mike, Dean, BBQ (love you guys)....been still slacking on my journal here but text with these guys every day plus a few of my April Bros.... I'm finding quality in my tools now (not that posting roll every day isnt crucial or any of my other interactions for last 186 days weren't critical).....its just more introspective now.....I have perspective now, looking back at where I was and now where I am....Im still an addict recovering one day at a time. Its enjoyment of my freedom and a greater ability to talk about it.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2018, 08:36:00 PM »
I been slacking lately on my intro posts.....I like posting because it keeps my support circle close....I also have text list plus obvious roll post.....I use the texts (individual too no grouo) to reaffirm my quit and promise throughout the day.....KTC works, I hope folks read my intro and learn how to strengthen their quits....its not an accident that you are comma club, congrats, I quit again with you today!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2018, 11:25:00 PM »
Good work on intros....
Appreciate your Quit sir.
Rawls 1315
I believe.....

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2018, 10:06:00 PM »
One thing we all have to learn is the The Law of Addiction.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2018, 09:53:00 PM »
Day 162

WOW, I REALLY SHIT THE BED ON MY JOURNAL.

SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED YET NOT MUCH HAS CHANGED ON MY NICOTINE ADDICTION.....OTHER THAN 30 MORE PROMISES AND NiCOTINE FREE DAYS....TOOK PACKAGE AT WORK, TOOK FAMILY ON VACATION TO FL, HAVING FUN WITH LIFE.....stumbled onto some wounded soldier tins in rented FL condo, tossed them without hesitation....had fun with wife in the process.....am I feeling strong, yes.....am I humbled because a few guys have caved, yes.....life goes on, ODAT

Did some quit reinforcement tonight. Why not? Complacency is our enemy, I would describe myself as complacent just a bit distracted lately. BUT life will do that at times, re learning how to cope without nicotine is a big deal. I'm still that student of quit.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2018, 12:29:00 PM »
Day 130

Nothing to report other than I feel great.

It will be nice to go on vacation with family, nicotine free! And not missing the bitch one day at a time!

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2018, 02:20:00 PM »
Day 124

EXCHANGE WITH ALAN, SKOL, BATDAD, NUMB AND A FEW OTHERS.

HOPEFULLY A NEW QUITTER WILL READ AND GET IT THAT WE ARE NEVER "CURED"....HENCE ODAAT

-Just gotta keep growing the nic bitch hate one day at a time.....more time more quit yields less and weaker craves

-? Loving the freedom from the slavery here bro. Soaring bro.

- I don't get cravings anymore. Seriously. In the past I interpreted frustration as a crave. Now I acknowledge that I'm frustrated and move along. I will NEVER SLEEP WITH HER AGAIN!

-Me neither, I was talking to Numb and he was going through some....those were my words to him......I honestly dont think about tobacco anymore

-I feel too good to even consider it....I'm fixated on feel good....that's what these new quitters need to experience, freedom

-That's freedom right there big Dave. Can't believe we were willfully in her clutches for so long

-Gotta be a new level of stupidity

-She was a free whore........but she wasnt really free

-And that's the key. Develop a hate for nicotine!! And a love for the freedom.

-Took me too long to realize that.

-We all fell in love with an alleged free whore....

-Agree, I do get satisfaction seeing some younger guys that get it.....feel good that they wont be as stupid as I was for 30 years

-Sometimes, you gotta drink the koolaid to heal

-We've all tried it our way, and failed. The system works, if you let it.

-Failure is a choice:)

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2018, 10:39:00 AM »
Day 121

From Scooners, June 27, 2011:

THANKS ATHAN FOR SHARING THIS GOLD NUGGET

What nicotine can't do:

It cannot cripple love; it cannot shatter hope; it cannot disolve faith; it cannot destroy peace; it cannot kill friendships; it cannot suppress memories; it cannot silence courage; it cannot invade the soul; it cannot steal eternal life; it cannot conquer the spirit - IF YOU ARE QUIT.

Good night quitters, see ya in the morning.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2018, 08:29:00 AM »
Day 120
Quote from: BubbaM
I have to get this off my chest. I wake up to another day. Make another promise. And I am down and pissed because I have to go through another day of complete mental torture. I try and be positive, but my outlook sucks today. I swear after this I will try and be positive but when does this stop. When can a guy get a day to be free from worry and free from being negative. I know a lot of you have said I need to have a positive outlook. What happens when you canÂ’t get out of that mode? And IÂ’m here slogging along. One day at a time.
Quit Brother Gifty from July 2018 group:

It's mother's day so I'll quote my mother. "Attitude is 99% of everything you do." You're getting this stuff off your chest here which should be helpful to some degree, but use those digits and make sure you have a strong support system. See a therapist, don't hold back, and each morning pick up your doubt and fear and scissor kick it square in the throat. Take it one day at a time. You've done it 66 times so far, what's another one?

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2018, 08:35:00 AM »
Amazed how well this process just fucking works....tip my cap to KTC and all my bros and queens