Author Topic: Doofus Intro  (Read 19635 times)

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Intro
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2018, 06:56:00 PM »
Day 98

Made some solid connections in last 24 hours.

Faced my irrational but rational fear of fishing.
NIC BITCH NOT COMING FISHING WITH ME EVER AGAIN....THAT STINKY WHORE CAN SWIM TO SHORE, FUCK OFF BITCH

WRITING THIS STUFF HELPS, TALKING ABOUT IT HELPS, ACKNOWLEDGING ADDICTION IS THE ONLY WAY TO ADDRESS IT

1 PROBLEM + NICOTINE = 2 PROBLEMS....its that simple

My quit is strong, never again ODAAT

I'm wearing two sets of underwear by communicating....failure is a choice

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 09:22:00 AM »
Day 95

Won one yesterday. While waiting with a co worker who had a car issue....another friend whipped out a cigarette....the addict Dave would have already had a dip in or bummed a smoke....this smoker had quit but caved....it actually felt good to say I joined KTC and was quit.....I didnt experience any crave....actually just the opposite....the guy asked if it bothered me, I honestly said no way, puff away man....but I did say, " I thought you quit?"....he shrugged.....that used to be my MO....no more, quit strong.....the feeling of freedom was powerful. Just an observation. When I quit solo for 7 months, my reactions to loss of nicotine were different. It's a sobering difference in quit approach, I credit KTC and brothers and queen for this measurable difference.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »
Day 90

Anyone ever hear stories about amputees that mysteriously still "feel" their amputated limb?......I had what can best be described as a similar feeling this week.....it kinda felt like the wad was the amputated limb....kept feeling like I had one in.....weirdest damn feeling, cant explain it
It didn't feel good or bad....just kinda eery.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 09:30:00 AM »
DAY 89

KTC Lingo with Athan addition

LUQITSOILYB!- let us quit in the shade ok I love you bye; Athan April 2018
Burn Your Boats Leave no option for failure. More on that here
EDD =Every Damn Day. The prescribed method for posting roll call. More on that here
Retread = A member who at some point has had to restart their day count after relapsing and consuming nicotine.
Caver = See: retread.
NAFAR = Never Again for any Reason. Because of this
QLF = Quit like fuck. Indicates that your quit is undeniable for the day. Say hi to Coach Steve
Serial Caver = Someone who caves multiple times despite having the KTC support system.
Special Butterfly = Someone who feels that they are somehow different than the rest of the addicts here and therefore can ignore sound advice on how to beat addiction daily.
Ghey = Odd, off, weird, a doosh or dooshbag or someone that takes it in the NOLAQ hole.
ODAAT = One day at a time.
BAM! Right in the ass! = Saying used by June '14 while telling a fictitious story about THansen.
*poof = I screwed that post up, and I'm deleting it and letting you know there really is nothing to see here. (Aka: Dry fire by May '14 ... apparently they charge a royalty to use it)
QFL = Quit For Life. Double meaning... quit for health reasons and a long time.
BAQ = Bad Ass Quitter
NHNNNIML = Not Here Not Now Not In My Lip - Coined by one of the true BAQ's, Cavman. Never used by anyone else ever. Not even once.
Fapping/Fap Posting/Frapping = To begin posting in a thread (signified by "members posting" found at the bottom of a page) and attract a large audience anticipating the nugget of wisdom to follow, only to close out said post and never return, ending in the unified disappointment of the crowd. Also, to masturbate; ask your dad about that one.
Frassy = The special brand of sass employed by KTC members who also hold membership in Greek life or social fraternities. See: TKE1982, Chris; Haug, Bass.
Bump - When someone posts to bring a thread to the top of the page, as I did just now, as to draw attention to the thread, or for mass distribution. Also, when two people post at the same time, and one person 'bumps' another from Roll. Usually happens in the newer groups, and is, I think...hilarious.
WUPP = Wake Up, Piss, Post. This refers to how one should handle their roll posts daily. It allows for one to get their promise out early, and leave no room for nicotine to worm it's way in between promises.
Pag/paggot= Post-and-ghoster/ some whine who comes in, post, messes up roll/ just barely passes the bar to be a member adj:"that pag f$ked roll up again"-zmckee13
MIQ- missing in quit
BIC Bullet In Cheek - Meant to convey the idea that putting a dip in your lip is about equivalent as shooting a bullet in your cheek...its just a slower death than the actual thing... - "Don't be stupid and let Nic put a BIC in ya"
QLAMFEDD - Quit Like a Motha' Effer Every Damn Day
Special Snowflake - someone who knows everything there is to know about quitting, and consequently, anything that they do not agree with or understand is wrong and illogical.
SH = Stupid Hurts-- I will ensure I used that in a sentence today...LOL
NGGYUNGLYDNGRAADY -- Self explanatory
Quith - Contraction of the words quit and with; as in "Quith you today".
Vortex - A long thread of quotes.
Fa- A long, long way to run....
LDDGFNQ -- Low Down Dirty Good For Nothing Quitter, courtesy of canofbeans
IQWYT- I Quit With You Today
PTBQWYT- Proud To Be Quit With You Today (variant of the one above this)
Wipe Your Feet posting roll in a group before commenting. A courtesy that is requested, usually when there an argument with a "vet"
Shitnado An argument that has the potential to turn into a Vortex

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »
DAY 87

I finding that daily texts and more contact with brothers really does keep me stay focused on quit.

I like a game to beat this bitch.

Funny feeling of the day, had to stop for gas after dropping my 11 year old Charlotte and 7 year old Elizabeth off at school. Man, I love my girls. Now my gas stop was a place I'd get Skoal usually after dropping girls off. I have avoided the place, out of fear mostly. Kinda tough in another way because I enjoyed flirting with the hotty cashier...but that is irrelevant and something I should not be doing any way ( bad decisions caused by Skoal) However, Today, I stopped for gas at this Mobil station......those fucking tins were in my head but I smiled to myself, reposted roll because I got bumped and easily drove off. No great earth shattering point here, I did not want the tin, it wasnt a crave, it was a consciousness that they are there and I'm quit.....just a battle won ODAAT

Offline kybo

• Master of Quit
  • Nemo Sine Vitio Est
  • Quit Date: 1/7/2018
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 10:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Doofus
Day 78 - My boy Laxdaddy posted Day 1 in July group this morning. As traumatic as I'm sure it was for him, I feel like it was tough on me too.....in a good and bad way.

The good- I think I helped him simply by supporting him which feels good and extinguishes some depression along the journey. Days 60 thru 78 have been harder sledding. Mental games. Now I get to post in two groups, my group April and new group July, double down on my quit....and I already made some new friends in July as well as strengthened my network of support. Experience enriches. Sorry Pat, not taking pleasure in your fail, just making note of it and how it impacted me. We help each other, I'm quit today and so are you. You have kinda made yourself a lightening rod of quit, that's a positive for you!

The Bad- Shit, 70 something days and someone caves. Not surprised because I was 7months solo and caved before KTC but this was a caver on KTC. Scary. Gotta stay diligent cause I'm not letting that nic bitch back into my life. Not sure if it's bad or just scary. I'm putting these thoughts in journal though because it puts it out there for others and me to revisit.

Funny, I haven't wanted tobacco per se. I dont sit around wanting to go get a tin. Main thing for me as been regret, depression and feeling of failure for being an addict. Bit of anger at times and melancholy for bad decisions over a lifetime. It kinda rolls together as one big blur of bad choices.

I dont know If I make journal entries every day here....but right now it's a tool to stay diligent. I POST MY PROMISE EVERY DAY so I see no reason not to journalize too. Laxdaddy cave made me realize I cant take my eye off nic bitch, I have to keep my boot heal on her throat because she's constantly reaching for my throught. NAFAR

Happy Easter

I like phrase:

1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems
Couple things really spoke to me here.

Day 60 to 70 were a struggle for me too. I couldn't really put my finger on what was going on, but it was damn difficult for me to get out of bed every day during that span. I wouldn't classify what I went through as a depression as much as I would say I just lost all motivation and direction for a wee bit. I slogged through it mostly just by holding on to the hope that it would get better. Luckily it did around days 68-70 for me. I am not sure I could have held on if that shit had lasted for more than a of couple months.

The bad choices thing hits home with me too. I haven't actually started writing up a HOF speech, but I have been jotting down some notes for when/if I do write one. It was super depressing for me when I wrote down all the times that I could remember trying to quit. I failed so many times for various reasons over the years. Bad choices after bad decisions for three decades. And the older I got the attempts to quit seemed to get fewer and farther in between. Looking back on it now I am very disappointed in myself. I am smarter than that. I feel like I just threw away so many years that I can't get back.

Thanks for sharing what you are going through. It helps me to know that I am not alone in the struggle, and I am certain that it helps others too.

It certainly doesn't seem like we have been doing this for almost 100 Days. I attribute that to the fact that we have a pretty good group in April. You guys/gal make me laugh every day. And you all make me want to come back the next day too. That means a lot to me. I am proud to quit with all every day.
"No regrets, that's my motto. That and everybody Wang Chung tonight."
"That's what's great about the outdoors, you know. It's one giant toilet."
"i thought I could stay at the party forever, it don't work that way, cause that shit will kill ya" -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

HOF date: 4/16/182nd Floor: 7/25/183rd Floor: 11/02/184th Floor: 2/10/195th Floor: 5/21/196th Floor: 8/19/197th Floor: 12/7/198th Floor: 3/16/209th Floor: 6/24/2010th Floor: 10/02/2011th Floor: 1/10/2112th Floor: 4/20/2113th Floor: 7/29/2114th Floor: 11/7/2115th Floor:  2/14/2216th Floor:  5/25/2217th Floor:  9/2/2218th Floor:  12/11/2219th Floor:  3/21/23

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 10:18:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Day 86 - I feel better now, turned a corner...wow 60 to 80 kinda sucked worse than 20 thru 30.

Is that what it feels like to have PMS?

Weird, just a strange scientific observation

I'm seeking to destroy anything in my life that jeopardizes my quit. I FEEL LIKE A HUNTER. That's the best way to describe it.....I'm going to add to my promise every day.
I just read your definition of KTC fapping.

Uh... in the Midwest, fapping has a different meaning. ???

Honored to quit with you, sir. You are killing it. Going from decades of 2-3 tins a day to freedom, bro that is straight up BAD ASS.
Lol, I did not coin those phrases, a vet forwarded to me, lol

Yeh 2 to 3 tins a day! One dip was a full tin, I was the master of recycling. Like I said, I chewed a full pension worth. I swear that I could have popped a new full tin in my mouth every hour if cost and some shred of health consciousness was not relevant. They used to call me KOC.....KING OF CONSUMPTION

Thank you, I'm going ODAAT......PROUD YOU ARE WITH ME! WE are never touching tobacco again one day at a time.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 09:40:00 PM »
Day 86 - I feel better now, turned a corner...wow 60 to 80 kinda sucked worse than 20 thru 30.

I'm seeking to destroy anything in my life that jeopardizes my quit. I FEEL LIKE A HUNTER. That's the best way to describe it.....I'm going to add to my promise every day.
I just read your definition of KTC fapping.

Uh... in the Midwest, fapping has a different meaning. ???

Honored to quit with you, sir. You are killing it. Going from decades of 2-3 tins a day to freedom, bro that is straight up BAD ASS.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 09:32:00 PM »

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 10:40:00 AM »
Day 78 - My boy Laxdaddy posted Day 1 in July group this morning. As traumatic as I'm sure it was for him, I feel like it was tough on me too.....in a good and bad way.

The good- I think I helped him simply by supporting him which feels good and extinguishes some depression along the journey. Days 60 thru 78 have been harder sledding. Mental games. Now I get to post in two groups, my group April and new group July, double down on my quit....and I already made some new friends in July as well as strengthened my network of support. Experience enriches. Sorry Pat, not taking pleasure in your fail, just making note of it and how it impacted me. We help each other, I'm quit today and so are you. You have kinda made yourself a lightening rod of quit, that's a positive for you!

The Bad- Shit, 70 something days and someone caves. Not surprised because I was 7months solo and caved before KTC but this was a caver on KTC. Scary. Gotta stay diligent cause I'm not letting that nic bitch back into my life. Not sure if it's bad or just scary. I'm putting these thoughts in journal though because it puts it out there for others and me to revisit.

Funny, I haven't wanted tobacco per se. I dont sit around wanting to go get a tin. Main thing for me as been regret, depression and feeling of failure for being an addict. Bit of anger at times and melancholy for bad decisions over a lifetime. It kinda rolls together as one big blur of bad choices.

I dont know If I make journal entries every day here....but right now it's a tool to stay diligent. I POST MY PROMISE EVERY DAY so I see no reason not to journalize too. Laxdaddy cave made me realize I cant take my eye off nic bitch, I have to keep my boot heal on her throat because she's constantly reaching for my throught. NAFAR

Happy Easter

I like phrase:

1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
Quote from: Eric71
Btw- Happy Easter, picked up a leg of lamb today from my butcher. Just finished the dry rub. I'm an avid chef, got family coming over tomorrow. Good times.
Most of the vets that are still regular around here used their introductions as some form of journal. It's purpose is twofold. Wisdom for those who come behind (that sounded gay) and perspective for the moment.
Well, I guess I'm on the right path then, thanks man.....its amazing how the learning keeps on coming.....its been harder lately....seems par for course judging from what others have been saying....I feel it but I'm NOT going back to being an addict...NAFAR.

Offline eric71

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Weight Training, Powerlifting, Kettlebells, coaching, fantasy sports
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2018, 07:29:00 AM »
Btw- Happy Easter, picked up a leg of lamb today from my butcher. Just finished the dry rub. I'm an avid chef, got family coming over tomorrow. Good times.
Most of the vets that are still regular around here used their introductions as some form of journal. It's purpose is twofold. Wisdom for those who come behind (that sounded gay) and perspective for the moment.

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2018, 06:52:00 PM »

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2018, 06:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Athan
DAY 77.5...this is my journal BTW.....a little trick I learned from another bad ass quitter.....I've been trying to save a brother who caved this week....been trying last night through this morning to get him to Post a new Day 1, personal for me because I had made a friend, we were on the same day and he caved

I'm not gonna get into why here, because there are no excuses, from one addict to the next I'll just say, I get why he caved, I get why addicts do stupid things even if it's not using, there is a whole range of defective behavior when battling addiction....interesting, I've had to learn the hard way.

I used the famous good cop/bad cop phase on purpose in our April Roll because I want my group to post in support of July so he can see everyone supporting him, I chose to be a good cop to him...I knew there would be different takes....maybe there should...what's the old saying...."it takes a village....".....maybe it takes a village to get an addict to quit, maybe good cops and bad cops are necessary.....I'm sure one day, I'll play the role of bad cop....maybe today I'm just a pussy and are hoping my brother posts tonight because I was kind enough to be merciful....maybe he'll disappoint me, if its your brother....does it matter? You do what ever you think you need to do to get the addict to stop.

I playing it this way because I was concerned about getting him back on roll as soon as possible...the farther the end of quit gets, the harder it gets....remember a WastePanel Speech from earlier today? Look him up, HOF speech I think, otherwise it's in our roll today....That's what I was worried about with Pat....and also because I used for 30 years, quit for 7 months, caved for 9 whole months before finding KTC....I'm trying to pay it back for Pat so he does not repeat my failure. I didn't want Pat to become me......make the same mistake by rolling the dice of life or death for 9 more months......call me crazy

.....its all learning, this strengthens our own quits!
He should count his lucky stars you're in his court. I spoke the other day about our successes and failures reverberating into the spheres of those around us. He sent shockwaves through parts of this community. So did Endlessquit. Different outcomes, different results on those around them.
I spent the entire morning raging. So did more than a few of the April crew. It rippled into other months as well. Hope all take the learnings from this one.
The longer he waits, the further he gets from shore, the longer he has to swim to get back.
I'll breathe a little easier when he arrives.
No doubt my brother Athan, we are all part of each others quit, learnings and failures. You are just as much a part of my journey as Laxdaddy, Worktowin, Haas22, Dundippin, JGromo, Big E, Kybo, Skol, Batdad, or Waste Panel. We all stick together, we all help each other in subtle and not so subtle ways. We can only be fairly judged on what we did about our failures in life, not on whether we failed or not. Everyone fails, I've said it before, here it is again, it's what you do after a fail that matters. No one is perfect.

I decided to write today because it was an experience worthy of sharing. I hope another soul trying to rid themselves of nicotine will read my intro and learn something.

Meanwhile I saw my other buddy today who has battled addiction his whole life too. This guy was doing alcohol, cocaine, pills, weed and gambling. He has one more addiction to contain, I'm hoping to get him set up in July. I'm becoming an addiction evangelist.

Adding Alcohol to the next floor is the next step for me. For now it's one day at time to quit nicotine. We'll discuss after HOF.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2018, 05:00:00 PM »
DAY 77.5...this is my journal BTW.....a little trick I learned from another bad ass quitter.....I've been trying to save a brother who caved this week....been trying last night through this morning to get him to Post a new Day 1, personal for me because I had made a friend, we were on the same day and he caved

I'm not gonna get into why here, because there are no excuses, from one addict to the next I'll just say, I get why he caved, I get why addicts do stupid things even if it's not using, there is a whole range of defective behavior when battling addiction....interesting, I've had to learn the hard way.

I used the famous good cop/bad cop phase on purpose in our April Roll because I want my group to post in support of July so he can see everyone supporting him, I chose to be a good cop to him...I knew there would be different takes....maybe there should...what's the old saying...."it takes a village....".....maybe it takes a village to get an addict to quit, maybe good cops and bad cops are necessary.....I'm sure one day, I'll play the role of bad cop....maybe today I'm just a pussy and are hoping my brother posts tonight because I was kind enough to be merciful....maybe he'll disappoint me, if its your brother....does it matter? You do what ever you think you need to do to get the addict to stop.

I playing it this way because I was concerned about getting him back on roll as soon as possible...the farther the end of quit gets, the harder it gets....remember a WastePanel Speech from earlier today? Look him up, HOF speech I think, otherwise it's in our roll today....That's what I was worried about with Pat....and also because I used for 30 years, quit for 7 months, caved for 9 whole months before finding KTC....I'm trying to pay it back for Pat so he does not repeat my failure. I didn't want Pat to become me......make the same mistake by rolling the dice of life or death for 9 more months......call me crazy

.....its all learning, this strengthens our own quits!
He should count his lucky stars you're in his court. I spoke the other day about our successes and failures reverberating into the spheres of those around us.  He sent shockwaves through parts of this community. So did Endlessquit. Different outcomes, different results on those around them.
I spent the entire morning raging. So did more than a few of the April crew. It rippled into other months as well. Hope all take the learnings from this one.
The longer he waits, the further he gets from shore, the longer he has to swim to get back.
I'll breathe a little easier when he arrives.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer