Author Topic: Day 89......This site saved me  (Read 704 times)

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Day 89......This site saved me
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Quote from: wishiwasinma
wow, thanks to everybody that posted. I didn't really know what posting role meant but now i do. and im thankful that i have found other people even if it was 89 days in. i'm really working hard on it, and i think some of the triggers might be being around people who smoke, or dip a lot. and then normal bickering with my girl just gets intensified. also, i realized that the creatine pre-workout supplement i was taking is intensifying everything too, so i dropped that in the trash too.
Your quit group is May. index.php?showtopic=4289st=0

Get in there and post roll. They may give you some shit at first, but just let them know that you are committed!
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »
Welcome to the rest of your life. I, too, was a late joiner. Found this place somewhere around the 60-day mark. I posted roll in December 2010, caught a brief interrogation about what was going on, and was then welcomed into the group with open arms. I had hit a wall at that point in my quit, and firmly believe KTC saved me. I am forever indebted. After dipping and chewing for almost 20 years, I've been free from slavery for 243 days now and it feels wonderful. My temper gave me hell for the first 125 days or so, and at some point it just went away. I remember the day I realized it had happened. Some (insert expletives of choice here) woman almost t-boned me by running a 4-way stop. As I shook my head and kept driving, I realized I had cleared another hurdle. Glad to be quit with you.

Offline wishiwasinma

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 10:05:00 PM »
wow, thanks to everybody that posted. I didn't really know what posting role meant but now i do. and im thankful that i have found other people even if it was 89 days in. i'm really working hard on it, and i think some of the triggers might be being around people who smoke, or dip a lot. and then normal bickering with my girl just gets intensified. also, i realized that the creatine pre-workout supplement i was taking is intensifying everything too, so i dropped that in the trash too.

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Parputt
i just calculated that today is my 89th day of not dipping. i dipped 2 cans of grizzly wintergreen a week for 2 years and towards the end i was hitting about 3 cans a week. its been a long, hard road, and now the sad part is that it is really starting to irritate me, and im taking it out on my girlfriend. i know i shouldnt, but i just get so pissed off and i want to dip so bad so its like i argue for no reason just to do it. any tips on how to get past this phase would be greatly appreciated as i am nearing the 100 day mark. thanks guys
My suggestion is to start using this site as it was designed. Get your ass into a quit group and start posting roll every morning. Get into chat and vent. Taking your anger out on your loved ones is not cool, but it does happen.
parput is right wishyfishy,

Your hitting the 70's funk in my opinion. Feels like week one all over again I bet?

First of all it will pass, so don't fucking buckle cuz its too hard, its not. Second your picking fights with the GF is classic anger response to quitting dipping. The adrenaline rush you get from the fight releases alot of the same chemicals nicotine did when you were using. Anger is your brains sneaky backdoor solution to feeding the chemicals to your head , that nicotine used to force deliver to you. Your brain literally rewired itself because of the chew and now is trying to figure out what the fuck is up.

A proven solution to the funk is exercise. The endorphins released will do the same thing as the anger, just in a more productive way that won't have you sleeping on the couch. Walk, run, go to the gym, wrestle Bruce at the gay bar but get to it.
There has actually been peer reviewed studies that support exercise as a means to combat what your feeling. The results showed that exercise not only reduced the frequency of cravings, but also the intensity. Long story short, put down the twinkies and pick up the ab roller.

Also quit bein a dick to your girl, start posting daily roll call here, and use chat when your feeling pissy. We get it , she doesn't . You need to use the site as it is intended to get all its benefits. Just lurking is only going to get you so far.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Parputt

• Quit King
  • Quit date: 1-13-2011
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
i just calculated that today is my 89th day of not dipping. i dipped 2 cans of grizzly wintergreen a week for 2 years and towards the end i was hitting about 3 cans a week. its been a long, hard road, and now the sad part is that it is really starting to irritate me, and im taking it out on my girlfriend. i know i shouldnt, but i just get so pissed off and i want to dip so bad so its like i argue for no reason just to do it. any tips on how to get past this phase would be greatly appreciated as i am nearing the 100 day mark. thanks guys
My suggestion is to start using this site as it was designed. Get your ass into a quit group and start posting roll every morning. Get into chat and vent. Taking your anger out on your loved ones is not cool, but it does happen.
QD:  1-13-11
HOF: 4-22-11
Sobriety date: 3-4-07

One is one too many
One more is never enough

This Is My Quit

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose ~ Dr. Seuss

Offline CopeFiend

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/7/2008 5pm
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
I was irritable and on edge for the first two months. You're just trying to remember how to live life without nicotine. That takes some time. But, it's sure worth the temporary change in your mood/attitude. You'll level out and be your old self in no time. A new and improved self, but quit!!

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:39:00 AM »
Remember those times you were using and you were completely disgusted with yourself because you hated the addiction but couldn't quit? Maybe that was just me. I've found it ain't a black or white thing for me besides the black/white am I using today or not. In my case I'm a bit further along and have been dipping coffee grounds often lately because I want some of the old fun of dipping but I ain't going back there to being a user.

So I can take my frustrations out on others because they won't let me have my fun and use without consequence but it's nobody's fault I started or stopped but mine. I don't really mind fighting the battle daily. I do get frustrated when I think that I'll have to fight the battle daily for the rest of my life but this is the road I picked when I decided to get addicted to dip. I can't fight tomorrows battle today, nor the battles 10 years from now I can only control today. And I will control that battle I have today, enjoy my family, and rest and relax knowing I won't trade them for a pinch of tobacco today.

I many of us wish it were easier but it ain't and that is why others fall down well into the believed safe zones.
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline csucomms1

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 07:36:00 AM »
So 89 days down the road and now you are becoming irritated? That doesn't sound right to me. Are you sure there isn't some other underlying stress that you are facing that in the past you may have used nicotine as your crutch to calm you down and deal with it, and now that nicotine is no longer an option you turn on those closest to you to pick a cheap fight to satisfy some craving you have going on mentally? Forgive me if I get a bit out of line here, know up front that I respect you and am proud to be quit with you, but really read this post. When I started my quit I said that I knew going in that I was going be a dick to my wife for the next 48-72 hours and that she would have to deal with it until the nicotine left my veins. Well I got an immediate kick in my ass from Ready who informed me that it was my choice to put that shit into my mouth, not anyone else's and that if I am going to be a dick to anyone be a dick to myself. Though at the time I read that I wasn't in the mood for the advice, I took it literally and it helped me keep an even keel while I was going through the physical withdrawal. In your case though, 89 days in and you are picking fights, something sounds off here. What has been going on with you personally lately that is triggerring you to behave this way? Something change at work? Fishing season back in full swing? Hanging out with other users lately? Something must be going on. Please reply and keep this thread going, you are not alone on this board. I would like to see if we can pinpoint what is going on here, never know how many of your peers here have gone through similar things around this time.
"Go Hard or Go Home"

The only easy day was yesterday! - US Navy SEALS

Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do. -Thomas Jefferson

Quit Date: January 18, 2011

Introduction Thread
HOF Speech

Offline wishiwasinma

Day 89......This site saved me
« on: May 15, 2011, 01:46:00 AM »