Author Topic: DonkeyMN ---- Run!  (Read 7226 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
Re: DonkeyMN ---- Run!
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »
I'm routinely amazed and saddened by those who try to escape but either can't or won't. The pleasure of that second pinch having faded so long ago, driven now only by addiction, each subsequent pinch only staving off a cave yet never satisfying. And freedom is so very close for them - but one decision away. 
So very pleased that you are free my brother - and thank-you for sticking around and providing a context within which myself and others could find the path to freedom.
Indebted to you.
IQWYT
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2019, 11:01:08 AM »
Day 1,018

I feel a bit of a renewed vigor for this site and community.  I had a co-worker try to quit and get to day 5 before caving like a little bitch.  His 3rd attempt since I have killed the can.  It's funny, how he is 25, no kids, not married.  He knows it is terrible for him, but the extra reasons just aren't there to push him to stick with it.  Life is full of could have / should haves

Thank you to all the people that have stuck around, with me whether you knew it or not.  Funny, a thousand days seems like such a huge number but when you live it and look back... its a blink. 

ODAAT we live this life of misery, happiness, weakness, strength, hate and love.  Don't need nicotine for any of it.  Nope.
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2019, 10:48:42 AM »
Day 905 --

Hi all, just wanted to put this here.  We are trying to get this out everywhere to ease the cost of what has suddenly become a very short notice trip to Florida for my sons 11 year old baseball team.  They play Cal Ripken league 70 major association, and after last weekend they won their regional and have qualified for the National tournament in Treasure Coast FL !!!

My kiddo scored the winning run, sliding under the tag in the championship game from a base hit up the middle!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/wpbr-11u-going-to-the-world-series?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Whether anyone donates or not, I just wanted to share this and my boy is the little smiler on the far left.  Life is good brothers, and it is only amplified not having any distractions like nicotine.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2019, 10:17:30 AM »
Quote from: DonkeyMN
Day 574-

When asked if the craves ever stop by a quitter around 200 days, I responded and this should go in here

-
-
Well, that depends on who you ask. For myself, it has not. I will go weeks, sometimes even a couple months now, and nothing. No thoughts, craves, whatever.... Then sometimes things hit you. I will share a story with you that happened only 2 weeks ago.

My 11 year old son whom I have played baseball with since he was 2 years old, coached him the last 5 years in the local small town league wanted to "step it up" to the big league, a travel team. This means he needed to attend a tryout. Well, parents were explicitly NOT ALLOWED at the 1.5 hr tryout. I didn't see it coming, but let me tell you.... when my boy walked away from me, into that complex to play ball without me.... I fucking lost it. I sat there lonely as you all felt on day 3. I didn't really have a plan for the next 1.5 hours. I went to the local sports store and fucked around for a half hour, but then, I drove around. I ended up back at the park and across the road was a C-store. I have not wanted to go get my ol' buddy Grizzly as bad as then, in the past 300 days.

I put in a stick of gum, and pulled out the phone and tried to pass time on KTC. If it would have been any worse, I would have made the texts / call to any other quitter. I was not prepared.

Sometimes you need to get some water, do some pushups, all the same things we did in those first 30 days just to get by. And you know what? It's ok to keep doing that. There is no shame. There is no shame in reminding yourself you need some help, because nicotine is still a naggy bitch.
Nice win!!

How did your boy do?
Sorry about not answering this, with the conversion and all, this was left in the dust.  Thank you to the Admin that moved this over from the old space!

There were 50 kids trying out and they made 3 teams - A, AA, AAA

He was good enough to make the AAA travel team.  We are ecstatic, and now realizing our summer is going to be dedicated to tournaments in various cities. 

Offline Batdad

• Quit Asshole
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Churning the KTC Dookie Butter
  • Quit Date: 01/03/2017
  • Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 1068
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2018, 05:06:00 PM »
Day 574-

When asked if the craves ever stop by a quitter around 200 days, I responded and this should go in here

-
-
Well, that depends on who you ask. For myself, it has not. I will go weeks, sometimes even a couple months now, and nothing. No thoughts, craves, whatever.... Then sometimes things hit you. I will share a story with you that happened only 2 weeks ago.

My 11 year old son whom I have played baseball with since he was 2 years old, coached him the last 5 years in the local small town league wanted to "step it up" to the big league, a travel team. This means he needed to attend a tryout. Well, parents were explicitly NOT ALLOWED at the 1.5 hr tryout. I didn't see it coming, but let me tell you.... when my boy walked away from me, into that complex to play ball without me.... I fucking lost it. I sat there lonely as you all felt on day 3. I didn't really have a plan for the next 1.5 hours. I went to the local sports store and fucked around for a half hour, but then, I drove around. I ended up back at the park and across the road was a C-store. I have not wanted to go get my ol' buddy Grizzly as bad as then, in the past 300 days.

I put in a stick of gum, and pulled out the phone and tried to pass time on KTC. If it would have been any worse, I would have made the texts / call to any other quitter. I was not prepared.

Sometimes you need to get some water, do some pushups, all the same things we did in those first 30 days just to get by. And you know what? It's ok to keep doing that. There is no shame. There is no shame in reminding yourself you need some help, because nicotine is still a naggy bitch.
Nice win!!

How did your boy do?

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2018, 10:23:00 AM »
Day 574-

-
-

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2018, 12:12:00 AM »
Quote from: BrianG
Congrats on 5-0-0 days quit! Very well done sir!
Keep doing what you do and proud to quit with you!
Congrats Donkey!!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2558
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2018, 09:36:00 PM »
Congratulations Donkey on that half dangling quit!!!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 976
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2018, 01:05:00 PM »
Congrats Brother, proud to be in your corner.
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »
Congrats on 5-0-0 days quit! Very well done sir!
Keep doing what you do and proud to quit with you!
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »
Day 451 -

I posted this in May18 yesterday and wanted to put it in here, as a reminder. Some stuff you write on here might not get seen, but I want to keep it where I can see it again.
This shit right here is why we need to be reminded we are addicts.

Does it get annoying or repetitive to put your screenname and a number down, day after day? Yes. No shit it does.

But I know myself. The weak lying to myself side. The whisper of, "well, I am strong now. I dont know why I need this...." Fucking addict speak, to quote WW.

It is part of the price to pay for being quit. A daily promise to others here but more importantly, TO YOURSELF. Being honest and keeping that weak ass, lying side in check where it belongs.

Quit fucking lying to yourself. Who is holding you accountable? Someone else, or your own brass balls?
What a glorious feeling it is to look back on an intro and read back your own words... like another person wrote them. I dont think about dip, unless I am here. And that is a good thing. Never forget what happened, learn from the past.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »
Quote from: MNxEngineer314
Day 366-

First I want to say thank you to all the people that messaged me either on the forum here or texting to congratulate me for a year of quit. (did you all hear that? A YEAR OF QUIT!)

I had no idea what I was walking into here when I signed up one calendar year ago. On this day one year ago exactly, I was sitting in my car after driving our turn for the kids' band carpool trying to figure out how to use this site on a smart phone. I remember it very clearly, almost as if it is an out of body experience now like I left the person I used to be and entered into a new mindset.

I try my best to help new quitters now. Lord knows I can't get to everyone, not even close. I wish I could but I am also a Husband, Father of 2, Cub Scout den leader, Baseball, Football, Basketball head coach, Fisherman, Hunter.... oh, and I am expected to work 40 hours a week. The most amazing part of all of that, is I learned to do it all without dipping. I have made it through all the tests.

Now, I have to do it again. I have read on here that the seasonal triggers will still be there, just not as bad. I believe it.

Here we go on year 2 'oh yeah'
Congrats again brother!! ODAAT
Ok! Donkey donkey ...congrats on your 1 year quitversary!!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4369
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »
Day 366-

First I want to say thank you to all the people that messaged me either on the forum here or texting to congratulate me for a year of quit. (did you all hear that? A YEAR OF QUIT!)

I had no idea what I was walking into here when I signed up one calendar year ago. On this day one year ago exactly, I was sitting in my car after driving our turn for the kids' band carpool trying to figure out how to use this site on a smart phone. I remember it very clearly, almost as if it is an out of body experience now like I left the person I used to be and entered into a new mindset.

I try my best to help new quitters now. Lord knows I can't get to everyone, not even close. I wish I could but I am also a Husband, Father of 2, Cub Scout den leader, Baseball, Football, Basketball head coach, Fisherman, Hunter.... oh, and I am expected to work 40 hours a week. The most amazing part of all of that, is I learned to do it all without dipping. I have made it through all the tests.

Now, I have to do it again. I have read on here that the seasonal triggers will still be there, just not as bad. I believe it.

Congrats again brother!! ODAAT
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2018, 10:16:00 AM »
Day 366-

Offline mike2017a

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 11-5-2017
  • Interests: Chicago sports, college football and basketball, quitting
  • Likes Given: 139
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2018, 03:29:00 PM »
Congrats on 1 year! I hadn't read you intro before today, that's some great stuff!