Author Topic: DonkeyMN ---- Run!  (Read 7230 times)

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: DonkeyMN ---- Run!
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2017, 09:53:00 AM »
Quote from: DonkeyMN
Day 72 - I feel the need to come on here and post an update, but not much is to really update.

I am in the waiting portion of the early quit. We in May have not gotten where the HOF is hitting our group. There is very little that will make me think that a dip is a good idea. Ho Hum...

Being involved in the Sheet for the group helps keeps me interested and active. I am thankful for that. If any young quitter is reading through this Intro and wondering if you should step up, DO IT! It really gives you an appreciation for the ODAAT mantra.

That's all I got for now. Life is good, especially without having a shitty habit to drag me down. 'nutkick'
Donkey,

You're in the middle of a pre-HOF funk. Funks come and go (but don't come to stay) even well after the HOF. Do the things you've done to keep you active. Active in your group in May, active in groups that came before, active in groups that will follow. The funk will pass. The "ho-hum" you feel is temporary. There will be more "ho-hum" periods to come, but you have the tools you need to get through them. Great job getting to day 72. Keep doing what you're doing and one day you'll be at day 7200 (and beyond).

Quit with you today.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 01-31-2017
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 02:33:00 PM »
Day 72 - I feel the need to come on here and post an update, but not much is to really update.

I am in the waiting portion of the early quit. We in May have not gotten where the HOF is hitting our group. There is very little that will make me think that a dip is a good idea. Ho Hum...

Being involved in the Sheet for the group helps keeps me interested and active. I am thankful for that. If any young quitter is reading through this Intro and wondering if you should step up, DO IT! It really gives you an appreciation for the ODAAT mantra.

That's all I got for now. Life is good, especially without having a shitty habit to drag me down. 'nutkick'
To remain quit requires focus
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »
Day 58 - I have settled back into a normal routine. Want to get the fake out of the picture but will still be patient. I used to chew a can every other day of real, now go through a can a week of fake. So there's that.

Spent some time on chat yesterday trying to recruit a guy that just happened upon the chat. Was a frustrating time, kinda like talking to my old self 70 days ago. The stranglehold that nic bitch has on people is maddening, sad....

Focus at work is much better. The home life is good, although my wife seems to think I am "cured". Need to come on here to get real support and have people that understand there are times when the nic whore just pulls on your sleeve, like a 4 year old that wants attention. Nothing else matters to that 4 year old, and will stop at nothing to get you to acknowledge them. I acknowledge the craving.... look it in the eye and then walk away. Put some gum or fake in. Do something else.
Do something else indeed! Damn proud of you!

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2017, 09:15:00 AM »
Day 58 - I have settled back into a normal routine. Want to get the fake out of the picture but will still be patient. I used to chew a can every other day of real, now go through a can a week of fake. So there's that.

Spent some time on chat yesterday trying to recruit a guy that just happened upon the chat. Was a frustrating time, kinda like talking to my old self 70 days ago. The stranglehold that nic bitch has on people is maddening, sad....

Focus at work is much better. The home life is good, although my wife seems to think I am "cured". Need to come on here to get real support and have people that understand there are times when the nic whore just pulls on your sleeve, like a 4 year old that wants attention. Nothing else matters to that 4 year old, and will stop at nothing to get you to acknowledge them. I acknowledge the craving.... look it in the eye and then walk away. Put some gum or fake in. Do something else.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »
Day 38 - I haven't been on the site as much as before but wanted to say I am thankful to all who expressed their concerns and well wishes during this shitty time of my life. I am amazed at how many people have offered encouragement. - Strangers, yet brothers in arms against the faceless demon that hides in the shadows now.

I have had some blahs, some really good days, and some really bad ones. Like I mentioned before I am a "bored chewer". Something I never really realized about myself. Bored at work? Have a chew. Bored at Church? Ninja a chew. Bored with life? Chew it up. The weekends are the easiest part of the quit, since there are so many things to do. The mundane work, weekday life is when I get itchy. Want summer to get here so there is more to do!

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 07:36:00 AM »
Day 26- well, the person who always defended and loved me,my mom, died yesterday morning. I was too out of it to crave yesterday so will see how the next few days go. I won't be on here much, but will find time to post roll.
So sorry to hear this DonkeyMN. I lost my pop in the beginning months of my quit as well. I am truly sorry for your loss. Please know this community is a great support for quitting
and just plain ole support for those grieving. Stay strong brother, tougher days are surely ahead. Prayers for you and you family.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2017, 09:02:00 AM »
Day 26- well, the person who always defended and loved me,my mom, died yesterday morning. I was too out of it to crave yesterday so will see how the next few days go. I won't be on here much, but will find time to post roll.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 12:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Viking
Day 17- wanted to put this copied in here from a post from the group.

I got home today after work, I went out to the mailbox. What the fuck do I see there, a coupon from Grizzly. I stared at it for a minute, not knowing what to do with it. My kids are yelling at me from in the house, the dog is taking a shit on the empty lot next to my house. What do I do with this thing? I walk over to the garbage, and start to rip it up. Then I think, how can I not have this coming to my house anymore? Oh shit, theres a number right there that says " call to unsubscribe "....

I put the dog in the house, tell the kids to go be busy and Dad needs to make a phone call. The lady that picks up - first question - " Are you a tobacco user?" I shit you not. I pause, and say NOT ANY MORE . Her: What do you want to do? Me: unsubscribe from your mailings. Her: No problem. Oh, by the way, are you 18? WTF. Now they ask that?

Then, I come on here, and someone got their mailings today. Someone who was still in the fog. Could I have thought that clearly to do that 15 days ago? No way.
Donkey- you are doing this the right way man. Keep posting roll, keeping tracking your victories like this, and keep quitting for you. When I'm bored with my quit, I go back to my intro and I have these type of posts that remind me what a bitch it was in the beginning. It is so worth it. Simple formula of accountability and brotherhood.

As for the work thing you posted about a few days ago, I get it. I lost almost an entire 30 days of work to the fog because I was here non-stop. It was a great sacrifice as it helped me keep motivated and clean. I don't regret a single minute of it, because now, I'm far more productive on the other side. It may take some time, but as long as you keep doing what you are doing, you'll kill it!
Nice quit dude!
I see you involved in your group.

Well done getting involved!

NAFAR!!!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Viking

I got home today after work, I went out to the mailbox. What the fuck do I see there, a coupon from Grizzly. I stared at it for a minute, not knowing what to do with it. My kids are yelling at me from in the house, the dog is taking a shit on the empty lot next to my house. What do I do with this thing? I walk over to the garbage, and start to rip it up. Then I think, how can I not have this coming to my house anymore? Oh shit, theres a number right there that says " call to unsubscribe "....

I put the dog in the house, tell the kids to go be busy and Dad needs to make a phone call. The lady that picks up - first question - " Are you a tobacco user?" I shit you not. I pause, and say NOT ANY MORE . Her: What do you want to do? Me: unsubscribe from your mailings. Her: No problem. Oh, by the way, are you 18? WTF. Now they ask that?

Then, I come on here, and someone got their mailings today. Someone who was still in the fog. Could I have thought that clearly to do that 15 days ago? No way.
Donkey- you are doing this the right way man. Keep posting roll, keeping tracking your victories like this, and keep quitting for you. When I'm bored with my quit, I go back to my intro and I have these type of posts that remind me what a bitch it was in the beginning. It is so worth it. Simple formula of accountability and brotherhood.

As for the work thing you posted about a few days ago, I get it. I lost almost an entire 30 days of work to the fog because I was here non-stop. It was a great sacrifice as it helped me keep motivated and clean. I don't regret a single minute of it, because now, I'm far more productive on the other side. It may take some time, but as long as you keep doing what you are doing, you'll kill it!
Nice quit dude!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Viking

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Baseball, football, all sports, raising kids, 80s music (Iron Maiden is my fave)
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 08:24:00 AM »

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 07:09:00 AM »
Beautiful thing roll post a nd a promise is! You mad your promise that day and honored it. Well done. Congrats on 15 days.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2017, 08:53:00 PM »

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 11:57:00 AM »
Day 15 - Life is starting to get more normal. Not sure when my distracted ass will be able to completely concentrate on something for more than 15 minutes though. Not real great for the work part of life. I also have more cravings at work than anywhere else, probably because of boredom. Oh well, smokey mountain to the rescue.

I feel more relaxed now than when I was dipping.

The struggle is real, but worth it. I am making a difference in my life, and my family's lives. My 9 year old is proud of me and that makes me crazy happy.
"The struggle is real but worth it!"

Indeed it is! It will get so much better!

NAFAR!

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2017, 10:30:00 AM »
Day 15 - Life is starting to get more normal. Not sure when my distracted ass will be able to completely concentrate on something for more than 15 minutes though. Not real great for the work part of life. I also have more cravings at work than anywhere else, probably because of boredom. Oh well, smokey mountain to the rescue.

I feel more relaxed now than when I was dipping.

The struggle is real, but worth it. I am making a difference in my life, and my family's lives. My 9 year old is proud of me and that makes me crazy happy.

Offline DonkeyMN

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 09:55:00 AM »
Day 10- I had my first dip dream last night... funny that in my dream I felt so ashamed, and I actually thought crap.... now I gotta go back to day 1.

Not sure why, but I read stories of people having them and thought "how weird, I'm sure that will never happen to me."

I am having cravings that are really getting satisfied by the fake dip and am not sure how to feel about that. The oral addiction of putting dip in my mouth is apparently very real. I am hoping this just goes away like many have told me in chat.

ODAAT