Author Topic: Feeling positive  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: Feeling positive
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 05:41:44 PM »
Anyone seen Hundy? I heard jmedic30 ate him. That's right, jmedic30 ate Hundy!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Jeff W

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 01:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Jmedic30
Quote from: Falcon67
Great job - posting Roll at 100% - keep it up! As simple as it sounds it really is the key to everything. Promising every morning to quit another day - then keeping that promise all day to you and your group. Waking up and doing it again the next day.

Proud to quit with you!
Proud to quit with you guys. It's been tough but I have a lot of support and am driven by my family and this group.
You're doing great man, I promise it gets better! Keep your head down and Quit Harder!

Offline jmedic30

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 12:21:00 AM »
Quote from: Falcon67
Great job - posting Roll at 100% - keep it up! As simple as it sounds it really is the key to everything. Promising every morning to quit another day - then keeping that promise all day to you and your group. Waking up and doing it again the next day.

Proud to quit with you!
Proud to quit with you guys. It's been tough but I have a lot of support and am driven by my family and this group.

Offline Falcon67

• 2017 Decemberist
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: Aug 29, 2017
  • Interests: Fishing, archery, Geocaching, Music, Magic
  • Likes Given: 214
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »

Proud to quit with you!

Offline Dundippin

• Quitter
  • Shift your focus so you do not think about it
    • Recovery Meeting Place
  • Quit Date: 9/15/2015
  • Interests: Web development, database design, management, weightlifting, bike riding, gardening and watching the Baltimore Ravens.
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 07:49:00 AM »
Jmedic30,

Welcome to the group.

The main way to be successful is to just decide that you have quit. Once you stop the negotiating in your head as to whether you will do one more or not the rest becomes far more simple.

Next, you will learn to distract your attention from your desire for a dip to anything else that interests you. This ability to change your focus will guarantee your success and make your quit that much easier.

When you place a dip in your mouth, your brain releases sugars. Well, those sugars are now going to be gone.

However, you can replace them with OJ or other fruit juices with sugar. This will provide some comfort, especially in your initial quit days.

Make sure to exercise with weights and cardio when you feel that nagging tension in your muscles, you feel that rage, when you can not sleep and when you can not focus. Exercise really helps.

Here is one that most people overlook. Get at least 3 square meals a day. Hunger can really bring on those urges so squash those urges before they come. Eat full healthy meals and do not let yourself get excessively hungry. You will see this helps a great deal.

I waited until I was 59 quit after using tobacco for 40 years. You are wise to quit now.

I quit with you today.

Dundippin day 781

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 06:19:00 AM »
Follow Stranger999Â’s link, and post roll. Roll is the price of admission here, and your best chance of staying quit.

Offline Stranger999

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 09/05/2015
  • Interests: Taking that first breath every morning before I post roll again.... Family, Philadelphia Eagles football, music, computers, solving puzzles of all sorts
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 11:50:00 PM »
Quote from: Jmedic30
Tomorrow morning marks day 9 of my quit. 9 years of chewing tobacco with a can a day habit near the end. Three years ago I quit for a year. I was able to screw that up and continue on with a bad habit. I continually said I would quit for my wife. Every time I attempted to quit, work, life, exc. would give me a pitiful excuse to put a dip in after a couple hours of being dip free. The initial feeling for me of quitting always seemed horrible. The tingling sharp sensation from withdrawals and quickness to frustration always gave me an easy way out to buy a can. My first born child was born a year ago. With the celebrations of both our birthdays last month, I took my last dip on Oct, 26th. This was for me, and my will to be there for my wife and daughter. First couple days were as agonizing as a previously described. As I sit her tonight typing, I have had a great night without the thought of dip and can focus on my family and projects instead of when I need to put another dip in. I still obviously struggle with the thought of doing normal tasks without a dip in, like driving, fishing, mowing and so on. Thankfully Smoky Mountain and coffee give a little comfort. I'm grateful to find a website full of other people who are striving for the same goal. I know from previous experience that I can never have "one chew" and be good. This is the real deal. For me, my family and my life.

Keep up the good fight.
We keep up the good fight by doing this one day at a time, every damn day. We make a promise every day and we keep our promise every day. We support each other here.

9 days quit by yourself is bad ass Jmedic30. Nice job!

You've found us but will you join us? Get into the daily cycle of posting roll here with February 2018. A shared fight is the best fight and you all win together.

topic/30377718/1/

I quit with you today and I wouldn't be at day 790 without KTC! :)

Offline jmedic30

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
Feeling positive
« on: November 02, 2017, 11:32:00 PM »
Tomorrow morning marks day 9 of my quit. 9 years of chewing tobacco with a can a day habit near the end. Three years ago I quit for a year. I was able to screw that up and continue on with a bad habit. I continually said I would quit for my wife. Every time I attempted to quit, work, life, exc. would give me a pitiful excuse to put a dip in after a couple hours of being dip free. The initial feeling for me of quitting always seemed horrible. The tingling sharp sensation from withdrawals and quickness to frustration always gave me an easy way out to buy a can. My first born child was born a year ago. With the celebrations of both our birthdays last month, I took my last dip on Oct, 26th. This was for me, and my will to be there for my wife and daughter. First couple days were as agonizing as a previously described. As I sit her tonight typing, I have had a great night without the thought of dip and can focus on my family and projects instead of when I need to put another dip in. I still obviously struggle with the thought of doing normal tasks without a dip in, like driving, fishing, mowing and so on. Thankfully Smoky Mountain and coffee give a little comfort. I'm grateful to find a website full of other people who are striving for the same goal. I know from previous experience that I can never have "one chew" and be good. This is the real deal. For me, my family and my life.

Keep up the good fight.