Author Topic: Have to quit now!  (Read 1431 times)

Offline WNM

• Interests: Small AntiquesCoinsGolfFishing
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Have to quit now!
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 10:13:00 PM »
Rapping up day 1 and I feel wierd. I've gone longer than this befor but I think I always knew I would go back. It feels different this time.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
Quote from: Bruce
Quote from: KKLJINC
Quote from: WNM
Quote from: Dlee3
Hello,
I found this group tonight/this morning after a very intense fight with my Wife. I have been dipping Copenhagen since I was nine years old and a school friends older brother thought it would be funny to see me get sick if I tried it. He was very suprised when I liked it and have been dipping ever since. I am now 43 years old and I have a dip in all the time. I only use about 1 can a day but I keep a pinc in for quite awhile befor replacing it. This year the company I worked for decided that tobacco users were going to pay more for their health insurance and again my wife suggested I should quit. We were given until the end of the 1st quarter and I said no problem. Well here we are and guess what...PROBLEM! My wife actually took the can I had hid in the basement and after a long argument I went to the store and bought a new can. So I am typing this from my couch which is where I will be trying to sleep tonight, I literally just spit out my last dip, dumped the new can and the partial that was thrown at me befor my Wife went to bed. Glad to be here and look foward to getting to know some more people like me. Sorry this is all over the place but I am a little stessed out right now.

WNM
Prove me wrong, but nothing you said in your intro proved to me that you are quitting for YOU!! Don't discount the difference between quitting for the wife or insurance or a lower incisor. You have to quit for you. I've been here long enough to know that it will never work if you quit for the wife or an insurance premium. You'll resent both. Tell us why you want to quit, leaving out wife and insurance. I'll quit with you every fucking day, but you have to give us reasons a little more personal to why you actually want to quit for YOU!
I've had enough! This is ruining my entire life. I WANT to quit to turn my life around, not because my wife wants me too.
WNM, Then do it, own your quit man! All we ask is that you post up once per day a promise that you wont use for one day, then do it again the next day. Anyone can quit anything for one day right?

Get your shit together, your seeds, your gum your water your candy your fake chew whatever you need and man up and get through the next few days Have your wife read this site, get your spouse behind you. But man this has to be for you! Go get it.
It's simple brother, wake up every morning and make the decision not to put nicotine into your body. Don't over complicate it, don't listen when the nic bitch whispers in your ear that "you need a dip right now", you'd don't! Wake up, post roll, stay quit. That is your new daily routine. Pm me if you need anything
Being quit is like being pregnant. Either you are or you aren't. No fuckin gray area.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 12:26:00 PM »
I've had enough! This is ruining my entire life. I WANT to quit to turn my life around, not because my wife wants me too.
That sounds a little better.

"WANT"

You have to want to be quit. There is no hope or luck here. You have already gotten a lot of solid advice here. Take it one day at a time. Post Roll, make your promise to not use nic in any way shape or form TODAY, and keep your word.

When you get a crave fight it as if your life depended on it, because it actually does. Use seeds, gum, candy, toothpicks, tea bags, fake dip, whatever it takes. Personally, logging in here and reading Intros and HOF speeches was always an easy way to kill a crave. Get into Live Chat if possible and get to meet some of these guys on a personal level. They will save your life.
"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Bruce

• Quit Pro
    • www.facebook.com
  • Quit Date: 2011-11-21
  • Interests: Long walks on the beach, cuddling up next to that special someone in front of a fire, just watching the sunset, and titty bars.
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 12:18:00 PM »
Quote from: KKLJINC
Hello,
I found this group tonight/this morning after a very intense fight with my Wife. I have been dipping Copenhagen since I was nine years old and a school friends older brother thought it would be funny to see me get sick if I tried it. He was very suprised when I liked it and have been dipping ever since. I am now 43 years old and I have a dip in all the time. I only use about 1 can a day but I keep a pinc in for quite awhile befor replacing it. This year the company I worked for decided that tobacco users were going to pay more for their health insurance and again my wife suggested I should quit. We were given until the end of the 1st quarter and I said no problem. Well here we are and guess what...PROBLEM! My wife actually took the can I had hid in the basement and after a long argument I went to the store and bought a new can. So I am typing this from my couch which is where I will be trying to sleep tonight, I literally just spit out my last dip, dumped the new can and the partial that was thrown at me befor my Wife went to bed. Glad to be here and look foward to getting to know some more people like me. Sorry this is all over the place but I am a little stessed out right now.

WNM
Prove me wrong, but nothing you said in your intro proved to me that you are quitting for YOU!! Don't discount the difference between quitting for the wife or insurance or a lower incisor. You have to quit for you. I've been here long enough to know that it will never work if you quit for the wife or an insurance premium. You'll resent both. Tell us why you want to quit, leaving out wife and insurance. I'll quit with you every fucking day, but you have to give us reasons a little more personal to why you actually want to quit for YOU!
WNM, Then do it, own your quit man! All we ask is that you post up once per day a promise that you wont use for one day, then do it again the next day. Anyone can quit anything for one day right?

Get your shit together, your seeds, your gum your water your candy your fake chew whatever you need and man up and get through the next few days Have your wife read this site, get your spouse behind you. But man this has to be for you! Go get it.
It's simple brother, wake up every morning and make the decision not to put nicotine into your body. Don't over complicate it, don't listen when the nic bitch whispers in your ear that "you need a dip right now", you'd don't! Wake up, post roll, stay quit. That is your new daily routine. Pm me if you need anything
Quit date: 11/21/11
HOF date: 2/28/12
Comma date: 8/16/14
It's a freedom thing

Caving is NOT an option

-"Now I can walk through walls and my quit can talk to god. That's right. Crazy voodoo magic quit" Souliman

-'Stop being a pussy and quit' Tarpon17

-"this is the gheyest place on earth, if you say it in here it might become someones signature" Bigwhitebeast

- "We Quit Like Fuck" - Coach Steve

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 12:14:00 PM »
welcome to the neighborhood WMN

I see there has already been alot of information sent to you in the thread here.

read it, become familiar with it

And remember that the situation that you are in, is because of you. If you ever feel the rage, the anger as the emotions you will have in the next couple of weeks, get on here into the chat room and take it out on us, and not the wife. As you probably do not want that arguement again and do not want to be comfortable on the couch.

Now I say neighborhood above. treat the site here and your quit group as a new nice neighborhood that you have moved into, watch out for your brother here (just reading the roll to see if anyone is having a hard time). Shoot them a message to how your support of them and I will promise you it will be reciprocated when you need it. Also exchange numbers with one another so you can speak directly when its needed (or texting).

Reaching out for help is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of wisdom. We here are a brotherhood and welcome you with open arms.

yell if you need anything

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 10:53:00 AM »
Hello,

WNM

Offline WNM

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
Hello,

WNM

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 08:44:00 AM »
Drink lots of water, read this site, post roll, honor your promise for today, repeat tomorrow. That's quit.

Simple. Not always easy though.

No magic. No shortcuts.
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline jbradley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:58:00 AM »
Hello,

WNM
Glad to have you here. First off you will want to read the Welcome Center

Then get your butt over to July Pre-HOF class and post roll. FYI-We post roll EVERYDAY. That is your promise to me you will not use for today. I will post my support for you as well. None of that forever bullshit, today only. Sometimes even that is too long so if you need too quit for this minute, hour, or second.

You need to make sure you are quitting for the right reasons also. Make sure you are quitting for you. That way you have no reason to take any of your frustrations out on your wife. It will suck for a bit, but I promise you that it does get better.

The next 3 days you body will be going through a detox process, so make sure you are drinking plenty of water. Grab some seeds, gum (non nicotine), candy, toothpicks, whatever you need to keep that shit out of your mouth.

Copenhagen user for 22 years here, yea we know what you are going through.

Freedom is not free, but it is worth every minute.

Offline Dlee3

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:56:00 AM »
Hello,

WNM

Offline Raider_Dave

• Quitter
  • Interests: US Army, Flying Helicopters, Oakland Raiders/Athletics, Good beers, Jesus, the family
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:55:00 AM »
Dude, I konw where you are comming from. I'm on Day 1 of my first committed quit through this site. Tried a bunch of times on my own because the wife wanted me to, but inevitably, I owuld backslide, try to hide it, she would find out, and we'd be back in a fight. Best advice I ever got was that if you are serious about quitting it has to be for you. Can't be for the wife or the health insurance (though those are some good added benifits), but if you want to truly quit and stay quit, it needs to be for a better you first and foremost! Stay strong in the fight brother!
Quit Date: 02APRIL2013
HOF DATE: 10JULY2013

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

James 1:12

Offline WNM

Have to quit now!
« on: April 02, 2013, 02:12:00 AM »
Hello,

WNM