Author Topic: I have decided  (Read 3695 times)

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I have decided
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
Quote from: jaynellie
Quote from: Baxter1
Is it good to go and get the herbal stuff or just say the heck with anything like that?
If you have to use the herbal to stay quit by all means use it. I personally didn't and haven't because I felt like it was to close to the real deal. Alot of quitters on KTC swear by it though. Bottom line do what ever it takes to stay quit today, 24 hours 1,440 minutes. You can do this, there is an army of quitters backing your quit today. QLF today
LOOT thinks like jaynellie. Way, way too fuggin close to the real thing. It would start the same old rationalization process that kill a bunch of other attempts. "You are spending money on it....You are dipping it...It looks like dip...It comes in a can like dip...You may as well dip". Thas how LOOTs mind works right there. Stupid assed addict rationalization.

Only you know you. Follow your instinct. Aint nuttin wrong with it as long as you can control it. LOOT can't and knows it.

You are going to deal with the oral fixation at some point or another. LOOT bit the bullet and had it whooped around Day 90. 3 months of seeds and sore, bleeding gums and it was over. Some guys one here are carrying fakie years after they quit. Aint for LOOT.

Again...only you know you.

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
Is it good to go and get the herbal stuff or just say the heck with anything like that?
If you have to use the herbal to stay quit by all means use it. I personally didn't and haven't because I felt like it was to close to the real deal. Alot of quitters on KTC swear by it though. Bottom line do what ever it takes to stay quit today, 24 hours 1,440 minutes. You can do this, there is an army of quitters backing your quit today. QLF today
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 03:05:00 PM »
to each his own. bottom line is what ever you have to do to keep this nic bitch out of your mouth then do it. if its fake stuff then so be it. lots of ppl here have used it. i myself was a fan of fire balls.
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline Baxter1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Umpiring baseball, and rodeoing
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »

Offline magnum9

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »
Quote from: matthewb51
WOW! What a sucky afternoon it has been. Got past lunch and I have been going down hill from there. I havent caved but wow am I being a douche bag. I told my wife and she sounded very happy
Hang in there! If you posted roll this morning, keep you promise. Bad ass quiters don't post roll and then cave in the same day! Stay strong and embrace the suck. It gets better sir! You'll look back on this and be glad that you came to this site to be a douche bag instead of caving. PM me if you need anything. Glad to be quit with you today!
You're a man of your word right Baxter?

I know how bad the suck is, we all do. But we can all assure you that it does go away and the view from here is VERY nice. I'll always be an addict but I'm not the same idiot I was when I was stuffing my face and pretending it was fun.

You WILL make it thought this if you honor your word. You're at the worst part and the cloud over your head will be gone before you know it.

I'll be keeping an eye on this in case you need help. Otherwise I'll be looking forward to your roll post tomorrow morning.

Offline matthewb51

• Quitter
  • Interests: Working, Spending time with my beautiful wife, spending time with my family and friends, lifting weights, Cardinals Baseball, Rams Football, Mizzou Football/Basketball, Blues Hockey, and Bucs Football
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 02:24:00 PM »
WOW! What a sucky afternoon it has been. Got past lunch and I have been going down hill from there. I havent caved but wow am I being a douche bag. I told my wife and she sounded very happy
Hang in there! If you posted roll this morning, keep you promise. Bad ass quiters don't post roll and then cave in the same day! Stay strong and embrace the suck. It gets better sir! You'll look back on this and be glad that you came to this site to be a douche bag instead of caving. PM me if you need anything. Glad to be quit with you today!
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

Offline Baxter1

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 02:07:00 PM »

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Nolaq
In the past when I tried to quit it just seemed like either stress or certain triggers are what got me. But as I was looking in the mirror last night, as I brushed my teeth, I realized i have lost alot of gum tissue. That is something that I will never get back. It has also been a pain in the rump not to chew at the house. My wife knows that I started again but I just dont do it at the house. So any suggestions anyone has to help me would greatly be appreciated.
The next few days are going to suck...out loud. White knuckle it, drink a ton of water, stay away from the boys at the bar, and hunker down.

Being here is a great distraction when you're craving.

Chew gum (not nicorette).

Eat life savers.

Mints.

Toothpicks.

Straws.

Work out.

Go for a run.

Chop some wood.

Do anything OTHER than dip.

I obviously don't know you or your relationship with your wife, but I strongly suggest you pull her aside and tell her what's going on. Tell her you're Quitting. She's going to notice your irritability, and rage for the next couple weeks. Remember - it's not her fault you're a dumbass and decided to chew for so many years.

When you're craving, come here.

When you're raging, come here. Rage on us. We get it. Your kids don't. Your wife doesn't. Your boss already hates you, so don't give him an excuse to fire you. Rage on us.

I was a full blow can and a half a day Copenhagen guy for 29 years. If I was awake and breathing, I was dipping. Trust me when I say, you CAN do this! And it is SO much better on the 'other side'.

Freedom - it's worth it.
I was gonna post something heartfelt and creative, but instead I'll just request that you read Nolaq's post again. Seriously, I mean read it again. Really soak in what that brother is telling you. Then heed it.

Read everything you can here. There is lots to learn. Get your head in the game and really commit to this or you will fail. It is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing you do every day. You just have to realize that. There have been a few really good exchanges in some of these intros lately. Read up on those. Post any questions and you'll get all the support you need.

I agree completely that you should talk with your wife. Show her the spouse's section and have her read it. I hesitated on telling my wife, and regret that decision. She has been a HUGE advocate since she understood what was going on. Before that she just thought I was being a prick for no reason. Seriously, bring her here.

Offline n2chukar

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »
Hey, time to nut up and do this shit. Like Nolaq said, it's going to be tough. When you feel like a bitch come here and chew these KTC shitheads a new asshole. Chew on us, not Your family and don't chew dip! One day at a time. Be an asshole on here and these guys will have your back, but don't frickin cave! Nut up, be courageous, love your family, and be a bitch here on KTC if need be. It takes a true bad ass to quit - it truly does - do you have what it takes? I believe you do!

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 10:26:00 AM »
In the past when I tried to quit it just seemed like either stress or certain triggers are what got me. But as I was looking in the mirror last night, as I brushed my teeth, I realized i have lost alot of gum tissue. That is something that I will never get back. It has also been a pain in the rump not to chew at the house. My wife knows that I started again but I just dont do it at the house. So any suggestions anyone has to help me would greatly be appreciated.
The next few days are going to suck...out loud. White knuckle it, drink a ton of water, stay away from the boys at the bar, and hunker down.

Being here is a great distraction when you're craving.

Chew gum (not nicorette).

Eat life savers.

Mints.

Toothpicks.

Straws.

Work out.

Go for a run.

Chop some wood.

Do anything OTHER than dip.

I obviously don't know you or your relationship with your wife, but I strongly suggest you pull her aside and tell her what's going on. Tell her you're Quitting. She's going to notice your irritability, and rage for the next couple weeks. Remember - it's not her fault you're a dumbass and decided to chew for so many years.

When you're craving, come here.

When you're raging, come here. Rage on us. We get it. Your kids don't. Your wife doesn't. Your boss already hates you, so don't give him an excuse to fire you. Rage on us.

I was a full blow can and a half a day Copenhagen guy for 29 years. If I was awake and breathing, I was dipping. Trust me when I say, you CAN do this! And it is SO much better on the 'other side'.

Freedom - it's worth it.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Baxter1

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:13:00 AM »

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
I have tried it in the past, but failed. I have decided that I really do want to quit dipping. I believe from the sounds of it that I have come to the right place. Let me know where i need to go on the site to get started.
Welcome to KTC, go to "Welcome Center" and start reading and reading and reading. If you are quit then post roll in the June quit group. This is a nicotine free site period, no patches, no gum,no shit in your mouth. Congrats on finding this site, pull up a chair and stay awhile it's amazing in here.
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:02:00 AM »
You posted your Day 1, and you're off and running.

Read as much as you can, and don't be afraid to shout if you have questions.

Welcome again.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »
Welcome to KTC. Go up to the "Welcome Center" and read all about the how's and why's of what we do and do not do here. This system works.

Go to your quit group which would be June 2013 and post your day 1, if you have no nicotine in your system. This is a cold turkey type approach we use here. Post roll everyday as your promise not to use any nicotine that day. 1 day at a time.

Reach out to your quit brothers in your group and exchange numbers for added suport during tough times. You can do it.

Welcome again.
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline Baxter1

• Quitter
I have decided
« on: February 22, 2013, 09:50:00 AM »
I have tried it in the past, but failed. I have decided that I really do want to quit dipping. I believe from the sounds of it that I have come to the right place. Let me know where i need to go on the site to get started.