Author Topic: I have decided  (Read 3701 times)

Offline Baxter1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Umpiring baseball, and rodeoing
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: I have decided
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2013, 06:43:00 AM »
Never would have thought I could make it 13 days without snuff, but I have and it feels great. Stay quit June

Offline Baxter1

• Quitter
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Baxter1
It has been a busy and rough couple days at the house, has nothing to do with quitting, and I havent been on here that much. I guess since I have been busy that I havent had much time think about my quitting. So I hope all the june quitters are still going strong.
You been posting roll bud?

That's all you need to do if so. Sometimes, we're takers. Sometimes, we're givers. Sometimes, we need some space.

All we ask here is that you post roll to play on the playground here. Take what you need, and leave the rest. Be comfortable in your quit, but don't be complacent.
Good words waste

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2013, 08:40:00 PM »
It has been a busy and rough couple days at the house, has nothing to do with quitting, and I havent been on here that much. I guess since I have been busy that I havent had much time think about my quitting. So I hope all the june quitters are still going strong.
You been posting roll bud?

That's all you need to do if so. Sometimes, we're takers. Sometimes, we're givers. Sometimes, we need some space.

All we ask here is that you post roll to play on the playground here. Take what you need, and leave the rest. Be comfortable in your quit, but don't be complacent.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Baxter1

• Quitter
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »

Offline iquitchewing

• Quitter
  • Interests: Grandchildren, music, electronics, hand drumming, much more.
« Reply #101 on: March 03, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Tool
Thanks for the words of encouragement yesterday. I have made it through Day 9 and now ready to tackle Day 10. I kept myself busy yesterday by cutting down some trees. Day 10 will be a nic free day. Stay quit June.
Great to hear, day 21 here and it has gotten much better in the last week. You have much improvement to look forward to, keep kicking ass!
I'll add my encouragement. I t has become easier for me too. Each week has fewer strong craves, as I get used to doing stuff without nicotine. I'm day 68 and still have occasional craves, but it is getting better as one day leads to another in my quit. You will do this too and it will make you STRONG.

Offline Tool shed

• Quitter
  • Interests: Family, rugby, hunting, fishing
« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2013, 08:26:00 AM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement yesterday. I have made it through Day 9 and now ready to tackle Day 10. I kept myself busy yesterday by cutting down some trees. Day 10 will be a nic free day. Stay quit June.
Great to hear, day 21 here and it has gotten much better in the last week. You have much improvement to look forward to, keep kicking ass!

Offline Baxter1

• Quitter
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2013, 07:05:00 AM »

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2013, 02:08:00 AM »
Quote from: boelker62
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: srans
Quote from: tazbutane
Starting Day 9. Feeling good but I think today will be a long day. Going to have a bunch of triggers that I will have to get through. But I will get through them.
Hey Baxter1, You have my number use it if you need to. No caving, you do not want to have to go through the last 9 days all over again. Skip some of the triggers if at all possible, especially if you are worried it.
I'm with you brother. I'm day 16 and these weekends have been kinda hard. I'ts hard doing the things I love,,, fishing, riding bike without a big juicy one. We're doing it though. I thought it was not possible, but it is. THAT LYING BITCH!!!!
A big juicy one in...sounds ghey as hell, dude
Baxter, I was walking my dogs this morning, and I had an odd feeling and memory. Walking the dogs was my 1/2 hour of EVERY day to quell my withdrawal symptoms of my addiction without worry. Today, I remembered how the first few times I walked the dogs after I quit, I wondered to myself "How the fuck am I going to be able to walk the dogs without a dip?" That was one of my biggest triggers. See how fucking stupid it sounds? Chances are, you did everything with a dip. Being awake is a trigger. Lose the idea that things are triggers. It'll help. Laugh at how fucking stupid we all used to be. But not today. Just not today.
I have began to forget about dipping in many situations, no associated cravings either. When I look back I feel incredibly proud and motivated. Over thinking didn't help me in my first few days, so just began to push forward naturally. I know there are triggers I haven't faced, but I will tackle those triggers when I get there. I am quitting one trigger at a time.
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline Smokeyg

• Quit King
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2013, 01:56:00 AM »
Quote from: nickald
Starting Day 9. Feeling good but I think today will be a long day. Going to have a bunch of triggers that I will have to get through. But I will get through them.
Hey Baxter1, You have my number use it if you need to. No caving, you do not want to have to go through the last 9 days all over again. Skip some of the triggers if at all possible, especially if you are worried it.
I'm with you brother. I'm day 16 and these weekends have been kinda hard. I'ts hard doing the things I love,,, fishing, riding bike without a big juicy one. We're doing it though. I thought it was not possible, but it is. THAT LYING BITCH!!!!
Baxter, I was walking my dogs this morning, and I had an odd feeling and memory. Walking the dogs was my 1/2 hour of EVERY day to quell my withdrawal symptoms of my addiction without worry. Today, I remembered how the first few times I walked the dogs after I quit, I wondered to myself "How the fuck am I going to be able to walk the dogs without a dip?" That was one of my biggest triggers. See how fucking stupid it sounds? Chances are, you did everything with a dip. Being awake is a trigger. Lose the idea that things are triggers. It'll help. Laugh at how fucking stupid we all used to be. But not today. Just not today.
Keep your word that you will not use today and you will be fine. I cant think of anything that isnt a trigger since the only time I did not have a dip was eating or sleeping. So as long as I am breathing I will be kicking the bitch off. It gets better everyday.
Quit Like Hell!!
NICK
You know what I like about this intro thread?

Baxter is so scared that everything's going to be so difficult. Every day's so long. So tempting. So trying. It's like every morning's thread is the voice for the nic bitch. While Baxter's daily choice to remain quit is his proof positive bad-ass-iveness. FUNB. He's not taking shit for granted. The bitch still lives. But Baxter is stronger. Smokeyg is stronger.

+1 bitches.

Offline Nickald

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Welding, tinkering with old farm equipment
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
Keep your word that you will not use today and you will be fine. I cant think of anything that isnt a trigger since the only time I did not have a dip was eating or sleeping. So as long as I am breathing I will be kicking the bitch off. It gets better everyday.
Quit Like Hell!!
NICK

Offline Boelker62

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 8/27/12
  • Interests: CrossFit. Period. Started July 2013, now coaching as of May 2015. Love every fucking minute of it.Running, trail running specifically.World-class craft beers every once in a while.Spending time with my beautiful wife, Erin, and my wonderful Pit Bull Julia, remembering the wonderful 3 years we had and gave to our old man Pit, Monty, dealing with our high energy little fucker of a pocket pittie, Danny, aka #wildmandan.Philadelphia Eagles/Phillies/Flyers.That's about it.
  • Likes Given: 140
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2013, 12:50:00 PM »

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Rob1985

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-23
  • Interests: HOCKEY, Baseball, Mountain Biking, Camping, Movies, Xbox, Computers, Shooting Sports.Did I mention HOCKEY?
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2013, 07:49:00 AM »
Congrats... stay quit one day at a time! You have my number, text if you need anything.
Quit: 2/23/13
HOF: 6/3/13
2nd Floor: 9/10/13
One Year 2/23/14
Two Years 2/23/15
1000 Days 11/19/15
"You can have results or excuses. Not both"
"One often learns more from ten days of agony than from ten years of contentment"
"A memory is what is left when something happens and does not completely unhappen" ~Edward de Bono

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2013, 07:43:00 AM »
I'm with you brother. I'm day 16 and these weekends have been kinda hard without a dip in. We're doing it though. I thought it was not possible, but it is. THAT LYING BITCH!!!!
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline Tazbutane

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 11/22/12
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2013, 07:19:00 AM »
March 2013 - Mad Men of Quit        
Quit date: 11/22/12          
Sobriety Date: 4/10/2006         
HOF Date 03/02/2013         
Semper Fidelis