Author Topic: 16 DAYS  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
Re: 16 DAYS
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2020, 03:34:31 PM »
@BTReno84

Very happy to see you post your promise today.

I made a mistake. I directed you to the May 2020 HOF Quit Group, but based on your quit date, you should be in the April 2020 HOF Quit Group. Please accept my sincere apologies.

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16165.0
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 09:45:08 AM »
I need advice, Im 16 days in my quit and im really struggling. After almost 20 years and 2 cans a day i quit cold turkey. The "fog" & "Rage" is no joke. My everyday routine from my 6am coffee when i would put in my first the drive to work and almost every minute at work i have a trigger and the the cravings hit like a freight train. I have been chewing a lot of gum, and toothpicks to help with the oral fixation, but i really struggle still. My Wife can barely stand to be around me some time since i quit, she says my attitude sucks, im not fun and i snap. I have thought about trying "grind or Bacoff" im just worried it will make it easier to go back. The anxiety as a serious struggle, my wife and i are gonna go see a DR tomorrow in hopes to get some relief.

I know im only at day 16 but can i please get some advice on whats next, when the rage and fog passes, when the anxiety gets better.... Thanks yall
If you actually come back to take a look at this, here are some things you need to know/do:

1... DO something about this. I mean, actually DO something about your quit. No waiting for it to get better. No hoping the discomfort and side effects pass. No looking for an easy way out. DO something... and that “something” is get involved in this community. Join your quit group and be active in it. Post your promise daily to be free of nicotine. You’ll be with others who are going through the same shit you are and, man, let me tell how invaluable it is to know you’re not alone!

2... Own it. You HAVE to own this decision. Do what it takes to gain your freedom. I’ll tell you this... freedom comes at a price right up front in the quit beginning. You’ve messed your mind/body up with nicotine and you have to create the “new normal”. It requires you to grind it out and deal with the suck of this beginning stretch. No way around it... that’s the cost of freedom and it IS worth it.

3... Nurture some hate, bro. Look at what this damn drug has done to you! Do NOT romanticize what you think it did for you... do NOT miss it and remember the “good ol’ dippin’ days” through the haze of use you’ve been under for 20 years. Fucking. Hate. This. Evil. Shit. It stole from you from the very beginning. Money, health, time... you name it. It owned you and that’s just wrong. Get pissed off. Really pissed off. It helps trust me.

4... Get involved and stay involved here. We’re all stronger together. Some people will whine about their continued activity in this community reminding them too much of dip. Well... I say the opposite is true. I WANT to be daily reminded that my freedom is worth what it took to get here. I don’t EVER want to be that guy again and I will do WHATEVER it takes to keep that in perspective. I’m 2,487 days quit and I’m here every day. Do I need to? No. Not really at this point, BUT... I know what it took to get here and it’s the only thing that worked to erase the 25 years of addiction that held me. A bit of time each day to post up and celebrate my freedom is worth it and I’ll keep doing it. Gladly.

You found your way here and you need this place, bro. Do something about it.

Freedom is here.
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 12:10:51 AM »
I need advice, Im 16 days in my quit and im really struggling. After almost 20 years and 2 cans a day i quit cold turkey. The "fog" & "Rage" is no joke. My everyday routine from my 6am coffee when i would put in my first the drive to work and almost every minute at work i have a trigger and the the cravings hit like a freight train. I have been chewing a lot of gum, and toothpicks to help with the oral fixation, but i really struggle still. My Wife can barely stand to be around me some time since i quit, she says my attitude sucks, im not fun and i snap. I have thought about trying "grind or Bacoff" im just worried it will make it easier to go back. The anxiety as a serious struggle, my wife and i are gonna go see a DR tomorrow in hopes to get some relief.

I know im only at day 16 but can i please get some advice on whats next, when the rage and fog passes, when the anxiety gets better.... Thanks yall
Everybody is different but the rage and fog usually seem to last several weeks. The anxiety usually takes longer to go away... there are quitters saying they have some anxiety after 3 years. Generally, though, after about 15 to 40 days, your symptoms keep improving everyday until you get close to day 100. Then there are ups and downs where some days can feel like the first few days all over again. Then they go away again. I get anxiety and rage and some aching craves every now and then, but there are plenty of symptoms I don't have to deal with anymore.

Nicotine wired your brain so that you could feel pleasure only while you were getting your fix. In order to beat the addiction, you have to go through a process of rewiring your brain by building upon experiences without nicotine as a middleman. Using any nicotine completely resets the process. We know the struggle is real, but we know going back only leads to a life of slavery and eventually death. Thus we post our promise to stay nicotine free for one day at a time.

Here at KTC, we make a promise to not use and we keep each other accountable to our promise. If you would like to make a huge commitment towards staying nicotine free, I would encourage you to join a Quit Group. There is a group forming now with people who quit recently and is still growing. They were strangers, and now they are battling the nic bitch daily and winning. You can to, if you use this website as intended. Make your promise, keep your word.

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16257.0

Let's go @BTReno84 .  Zues is dead on man.  Post roll and start the first day of the rest of your life.

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 09:44:20 PM »

Everybody is different but the rage and fog usually seem to last several weeks. The anxiety usually takes longer to go away... there are quitters saying they have some anxiety after 3 years. Generally, though, after about 15 to 40 days, your symptoms keep improving everyday until you get close to day 100. Then there are ups and downs where some days can feel like the first few days all over again. Then they go away again. I get anxiety and rage and some aching craves every now and then, but there are plenty of symptoms I don't have to deal with anymore.

Nicotine wired your brain so that you could feel pleasure only while you were getting your fix. In order to beat the addiction, you have to go through a process of rewiring your brain by building upon experiences without nicotine as a middleman. Using any nicotine completely resets the process. We know the struggle is real, but we know going back only leads to a life of slavery and eventually death. Thus we post our promise to stay nicotine free for one day at a time.

Here at KTC, we make a promise to not use and we keep each other accountable to our promise. If you would like to make a huge commitment towards staying nicotine free, I would encourage you to join a Quit Group. There is a group forming now with people who quit recently and is still growing. They were strangers, and now they are battling the nic bitch daily and winning. You can to, if you use this website as intended. Make your promise, keep your word.

https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16257.0
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline BTReno84

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
16 DAYS
« on: February 05, 2020, 06:13:04 PM »