Author Topic: Be a Promise Keeper of Your Quit  (Read 89391 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2037
Be a Promise Keeper of Your Quit
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2015, 08:00:00 PM »
Hi , here's my Day 1. Flushed it this morning. I've tried several times before, but got too crazed and broke down.
With all the support on this site, I'm feeling confident. (i know that will pass, because I've gone 5-7 days without before haha)

Imma girl dipper....we are a strange animal I suppose. But we are human with the same habitual problems as everyone else.
I probably been dipping for about 5-6 years straight (off and on for about 20 total), short compared to most, and started daily dipping about 1 1/2 - 2 years ago. I need to stop, I wanna be healthy all around. I keep active in exercise and take care of myself.. except this habit/addiction. It's got me captive, but with this help I'm getting this time, I will break free.

I love to fish, camp, hike, run, play poker and spend time with my family and friends.
I'm in it for the long haul this time. Thanks everyone for the support!

~ChickDip
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
Re: Be a Promise Keeper of Your Quit
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2018, 09:12:30 PM »
Happy day 1274 Chick!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!
Dang son. 😂 thx! ❤
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Computer gaming, music, mechanics, music, music, music...staying quit
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2018, 02:11:45 PM »
Happy day 1274 Chick!!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!
Quit day: 9/23/16   HOF day: 12/31/16   2nd Floor: 4/10/17   3rd Floor: 7/19/17   1 Year: 9/23/17   4th Floor: 10/27/17   5th Floor: 2/4/18   6th Floor: 5/15/18   7th Floor: 8/23/18   2 Years: 09/23/18

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2018, 01:30:16 PM »
Don't isolate yourself. Reminder to myself as well.

Addiction exists within a person, and whenever addicts become preoccupied or act in addictive ways, this forces them to withdraw, to isolate themselves from others.
The longer an addictive illness progresses, the less a person feels the ability to have meaningful relationships with others.

How incredibly sad. Addiction is an experience that changes people forever, and recovery from addiction is a lifelong process. Old habits die hard. Key to success in recovery is the opening of doors and the embracing of relationships and community. The bond of isolation and addiction must be broken. There is no place for isolation or untruth. ... “Recovery is the continued acceptance of addiction and the continuous monitoring of the addictive personality in whatever form it may take.”

Don't isolate yourself.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2018, 03:36:01 PM »
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qs_xtreme/be-a-promise-keeper-of-your-quit-t9654.html

MY COMMA!
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:49 am #397

LOOK AT ALL THE SUPPORT THIS FAMILY GIVES! IT'S AMAZING! AND NEEDED.

Quote from: D2Maine
THE COMMA!!!! holy hell awesome job chick - thank you for all that you do around here and may you have the best comma day ever!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: Pab
Congratulations shug! You're a very special lady that has helped a whole lot of quitters! Don't change a thing. Be sure to show that dangle around because you my friend have damn well earned it and I'm blessed to have you in my corner! Thanks for helping me daily
Quote from: FllipOut
Wooot! Congratulations on 1,000 Chick! Agree with ^^^ these guys. You were one of the first people to pm me when I got here and you don't forget something like that! Thanks for all you do at KTC to make it the amazing network it is!! Enjoy your comma day!
Quote from: Prohunter
You make life on KTC a better place for me, thank you for that. Congratulations on 1,000!
Quote from: BrianG
Congrats on the comma! Thanks for all the support. I appreciate all that you do. Merry Christmas!
Quote from: PMILS
Proud to be quit with you Chica! Thank you for being you!!
CBird65
CDub27
JGlav
Mike1966
Thumblewort
ChristopherJ
pky1520
tjschu
bicycleptic
trigerhapy
Candoit
JB65
Steakbomb18
Rawls
KingNothing
worktowin
Nomore1959
Rawls

Very thankful for my KTC family. ❤
One of the beautiful things about this place is that you all have helped me stay quit. It's not just a one man show and wouldn't work if It was. It's takes a multitude of quit to form the solid ground to make us successful.
Thankful, humbled, quit.
Love you humans.
Merry Christmas
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:50:48 PM by ChickDip »

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2018, 03:18:51 PM »
MY 2 YEAR QUITVERSARY!
Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:44 am #355

Thanks you ALL.
I wouldn't be here without all of you.
I couldn't still be quit if it wasn't for all of you.
I've always appreciated everything here... positive, negative (even when i don't want to hear it).. it's all relevant and purposeful.
Really, truly cherish y'all.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2018, 03:07:36 PM »
Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:36 pm #278 haha i was pissed again I see  :o

If we don't try

Nothing happens

The reason of the site is accountability.

For some reason, i can't get away from that.

Some walk away from me.......i guess I'm ok with that, i have to be, peace to you.

BUT....if you're in my group, i guess i have to keep looking for you to post roll daily.

Sorry if I'm a PITA.

But "Im a PITA" till you tell me not to be a PITA.

Quote from: Candoit
Ewe are somethn else! 'oh yeah'
Quote from: razd611
How did you get to sheep Candy. Not sayin it's Baaaaaaad............
Quote from: Pab
If they don't want accountability, they don't deserve you! Keep doing what you're doing, there's no way you can please everyone especially the ones that don't buy in to the reality of the quit! I appreciate you!
Quote from: Rawls
Im in....
Rawls 667
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:10:13 PM by ChickDip »

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2018, 03:05:22 PM »

Day 512. Reflecting on things after helping a few new quits.

"You don't have to AGREE with me, just DO what I say, and you'll stay quit"
(No one had to say that to me, I did what they told me to do. But I see a few new guys try to buck the system)

Building Character for a strong quit

~ Integrity. Be a person of your word. Do what you say you are going to do. When you make a promise, honor it.

~ A Teachable Spirit. Follow and mirror the actions of the ones who've gone before you and have been successful. It’s not asking you to "not ask a question" but to "not question" the process of KTC, it's proven.

~ Self-Discipline. Use your willpower that the Good Lord has given you to fight through the craves, funks and rages. You have the ability to control your feelings and overcome your weaknesses. You have the ability to pursue what you think is right, by fighting the temptations to abandon it.

~ Compassion. Help others, take your eyes off yourself and reach out to other quitters. Tough love or gentle caring, either way, the words you choose to hand out to others here can make or break them. Choose and use them wisely.

~ A Servant's Heart. A servant's heart is a leader's heart. Once again, do for others. It will strengthen your own quit.

~ Courage. Do not waiver. You are afraid, no question, we all are! Courage is the ability to do something that frightens you. Standing with your quit brothers and sisters and using them for support, gives you ultimate courage.

~ Faith. Have Faith in God's Will and have Faith that what you are doing here, daily, will keep you quit.

~ Joy. Be Joyful in everything you do, for every obstacle that comes your way, for every thought that enters your head, whether you like them or not. They are there for a reason and are making you a stronger, better person. Be Joyful for the life you are living right now and continue to live with friends and family, nicotine free.

Nobody is perfect. We are all a work in progress. This quit and your life is a journey. Any movement forward is success!

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2018, 03:02:45 PM »
Tue May 03, 2016 10:38 pm #229 I just dig the Lady with the Quit Gigante! Lady G!

Quote from: Ginet
I like you. I like your quit.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2018, 03:00:23 PM »
Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:43 am #265

Quote from: GDubya
Hello ChickDip. Just read your intro this morning for the first time. You titled your Intro, "Third Times a Charm" ? lol. Well I guess it is. Ive seen your posts all over the place. You have made your presence known and have drank the KTC Koolaide. And now you have reached 5th floor, half comma. Just wanted to tell ya that you have done a damn fine job !!! Proud of ya and for ya. Keep up the good work. Its worth all of you effort.

Gdubya

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2018, 02:53:06 PM »
MY 1/2 DANGLE DAY!

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:56 pm #264

Humbled again. "Thanks" is such an incompetent word for all of you. I am Blessed to be in your company.

I am halfway to a comma, the 1,000, the Full Dangle, sure, but that's not my destination. I have no real destination, it's never-ending, infinite. I'll be on this road for the rest of my time here on this earth. Hopefully it will be a long stretch, since I don't feel I've done what I was put on this earth to accomplish as of yet.

Thanks to everyone who kept me from falling or jumping off the ledge. So many I have crossed paths with, higher day count, lower day count, doesn't matter, it has left me with something, it's all made a difference.

As I look back, While I was here at the KTC, I hope....

I hope I helped someone gain a few extra years.
I hope, when I did the right things, it helped someone.
I hope, when I did the wrong things, it helped someone.
I hope I said the right things and used the right words, all at the right time, to bring someone into their own quit.
I hope I was there for that one person at the very time it was crucial for them to hear what I had to say.
I hope I supported someone just enough so they could stand on their own quit in a strong way.
I hope, I really hope I saved a life, because coming to KTC and the people here did that for me and saved mine.

Peace. Strength. Love. CAB. LBP.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2018, 02:46:00 PM »
Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:04 am #237

With all the comings and goings with quitters lately.. Has some in turmoil about how to feel about it all I think. Some know exactly how to feel and deal with it, some, really don’t. Just because you like a quitter/person and what they stand for, doesn’t mean you can’t be really pissed if he/she leaves. Our feelings are just that, OUR feelings. So if I offend you because I am upset or state my mind about someone you admire, so be it, it's my cloud. Most likely I admired them as well.

All we have here is our word.
When I look to someone for support or friendship and accountability. I look for some sort of stability. How stable are addicts, really? Not very, generally, BUT, there is still that sense of character with many of us. I look for that. I FIND it in more than you'd think. There are some amazing humans here. If I don't get it, or if a close brother or sister fails me, it stings, it stings HARD. By fail, I mean they don't stand to their word, they don't stand to their conviction, they don't stand to what they said they were going to do! It hits me hard. Sure, many of us don't, but if I'm connected to you….and you fall short…..I'm going to feel it, hate it, grieve. My frustrations come from caring, not hatred. Many times I'll "bite my tongue" instead of making another part of my "family" upset for saying what I feel. But I'll tell you this, if my heart is ever hurt because of you.... rest assured I have love for you.

Quote from: FISHFLORIDA
Well said. First of all, thanks for the support you have given me.
Second; I am constantly amazed how much effort the vets put into newbies (in a good way! don't jump on me!) It has actually restored my faith in some ways. I have been doing everything possible to pay it forward and follow in their footsteps. If I can stop one person out of 10 from dipping, then I have accomplished something. The vets have saved hundreds over the years. That's pretty effen commendable. CD, who knows, maybe it was that little bit of support you gave me that managed to keep me clean the day I thought I was gonna break and it was that one lipper that had the cancer stinger in it. You can't save em all but the ones you can, keep nurtured.

Quote from: Smeds
Glad to see the passion ... so many of us, after so many kicks to the jimmies start to feel desensitized to it. Still bothers the hell out of me too. I'll promise you not to ever do that! Quitting with you CD.

Quote from: JGlav
Some serious accountability expressed there. And yes it is a two way street. Seems like a couple stoppers I supported earlier are posting day one's and that just sucks. Pisses me off actually. I'm not a fire and brimstone guy, but fool me once shame on me.....It is only a sentence of support I realize that still stings though. Quit on CD

Quote from: Stranger999
I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for this website. I would have caved to nicotine in one form or another. I know this because I tried many forms of nicotine. They all hooked me the same way. I'd "quit" one and move to another. They all made me a slave. I really needed daily help from others to get this far.

I'll stand here every day with ChickDip because she believed in me. :)

Quote from: Thumblewort
Strong words. CD, you are one hell of a quitter!

I wanted to tell you that the day you dug up my intro and posted a "congratz" made me feel great! Anything I can do for you just holler, I'll be lurking somewhere on the interwebz.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 02:52:00 PM by ChickDip »

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2018, 02:44:57 PM »
MY DAY 400
Wed May 04, 2016 11:14 pm #230

Thanks to all of you, and so many more. Can't name everyone who have helped me.

Just know that I love you all. I'd never been able to have quit and stayed that way without you.

Never forget, the words you choose to hand out to others here can make or break them. Use and choose them wisely. I'm just thankful the words my supporters used, built my quit strong and helped me strengthen myself in many ways.

Peace brothers and sisters.

(so many funny comments from all of you quitters. thanks for the memories haha)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2018, 02:39:41 PM »
I don't remember exactly what brought this on, but I remember I was pissed AF. ;D :P

Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:04 am #207

I Don't Believe that Anyone Owes Me Anything, Ever!
(But Thankful for those who give unselfishly!)

Although I am an addict , for more things than nicotine, I have always been a fully-functioning addict. I've taken care of myself for years before I got married and still do. I remember telling my brother-in-law, when he told me to find a good man to "take care of me", I told him. "UH, yeah-no, I need to be able to take care of myself FIRST, THEN I can find someone to be with for the rest of my life."

I am the youngest of 5 kids, and my mom had me when she was 40 years old, so my parents were probably about done worrying too much about the kids by then. BUT, i never gave them a reason to worry, or, let alone, make them think I needed any help, except for the usual needs of an adolescent or teenager. I wasn’t given anything on a silver platter. I earned most everything I got.

I was given full respect from my mom and dad. Plus, my mom always let me make my own decisions. I worked since the age of 9 and had a 3.89 blah blah grade point average out of high school. I did an apprenticeship in printing and eventually made that my trade for years.

Trust me, I wasn't an angel, but I kept my nose to the grindstone and was a diligent worker and student. I really was very self-sufficient. So much so, that even if I actually needed something, I was usually overlooked because I was always so strong and not very needy. My parents were busy getting my oldest sister who was about 12 years older than me out of trouble over trouble over trouble. Trust me, it's wasn't anything minor and it affected the entire family. At the age of 10, that could have been where everything went bad for me and my siblings. (long story, not going there)

I think that really messed me up to a point, along with my ex-brother in law giving me LSD when I was 8 years old and then starting to drink too much around the age of 19. I also got hooked on speed (cross-tops) and eventually cocaine. Both of which I quit cold turkey. This next thing I'm going to say is actually hilarious considering what I just said about my addictions.

I and my second to the oldest sister were the most stable in our family. We had it together, always. (like i said , "fully-functioning addict") Well guess what. I still do and people in my life look to me for stability. At least now, I don't have the crutches i used to use, I have to manage without anything but my brain. MAN, I look at this year of quit and say, "who the F_ _ _ am I?!" Because I've needed HELP! And I've received it ten-fold. Obviously, or I wouldn't have made it to 1 year and beyond.

People have always trusted me, I am trustworthy. I've always been the "helper" not the "help-eeee". I think that's why I tend to pull away or not connect when I am in need. I find it makes me uncomfortable to reach out for help. But, I know i have to, and I found last week, I actually did instead of pulling back and isolating. (for the most part anyway) I've got a long way to go, my imperfections get in my damn way. But at least I know that there is room for improvement. Any step forward is progress.

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2018, 02:38:03 PM »
Although I'd like not to lose all the comments my fellow brothers and sisters have left after my intro posts. It's just not feasible to accomplish. But I've sat here and read them all from the other site and I think I've needed to read them again at this time. The ones who've walked the halls with me in this fight mean the world to me. I'll never forget any on them (well i think i did forget a few single posters.. but am reminded with this intro migrating just now haha)

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/qs_xtreme/be-a-promise-keeper-of-your-quit-t9654-s200.html

that is for my ability to go read it all