Author Topic: New to this  (Read 6651 times)

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 8/13/2020
  • Interests: Sports, History, and Books
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: New to this
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 10:11:28 PM »
FUCK I want a dip of Red Seal Wintergreen Longcut right now.

Chugging some water, getting some gum. I can do this. Embrace the suck!!! Shit, it really sucks!!
No you fucking don't. You want to stay quit. You want to save your own life. You want to have a happy marriage beginning in 15 days. YOU WANT TO BE FREE.

The nicodemon wants that dip. The nicodemon wants you to cave. She's fucking with your mind and your body right now. When she whispers in your ear "Go ahead. One won't hurt," you've got to fucking scream in her face "FUCK YOU, LIAR!" When she tickles, you throat punch.

If you think all you're risking is some gum and mouth problems, I strongly encourage you to go read cablinaggie's Hall of Fame speech. Just click here and get educated on what nicotine does to your entire body, not just your mouth.

Be strong, Capt. I believe you are. Now, you believe it.

Thank you. I needed that kick in the ass.

Headed over to read that HOF Speech.

Stay quit!!!!
ODAAT
Stay Quit!

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 10:07:38 PM »

Chugging some water, getting some gum. I can do this. Embrace the suck!!! Shit, it really sucks!!
No you fucking don't. You want to stay quit. You want to save your own life. You want to have a happy marriage beginning in 15 days. YOU WANT TO BE FREE.

The nicodemon wants that dip. The nicodemon wants you to cave. She's fucking with your mind and your body right now. When she whispers in your ear "Go ahead. One won't hurt," you've got to fucking scream in her face "FUCK YOU, LIAR!" When she tickles, you throat punch.

If you think all you're risking is some gum and mouth problems, I strongly encourage you to go read cablinaggie's Hall of Fame speech. Just click here and get educated on what nicotine does to your entire body, not just your mouth.

Be strong, Capt. I believe you are. Now, you believe it.
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 09:38:29 PM »

ODAAT
Stay Quit!

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3/5/2020
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 09:02:55 PM »
CaptainVlach,
Congratulations on one of the most important decisions you will ever make.  I just passed 9 years.  The first two weeks absolutely suck.  Drink a shitload of water and stay quit one day at a time.  I know you know this.  Stick to the plan.  This is an incredible community and brotherhood.  I have made friendships that I know will last a life time.  If you ever need to to chat, vent, swear at someone, PM me.  I'm available 24/7.  Name is Bill. 

Stay quit and proud to have you aboard. 

Cheers!
Bill Santschi whsii Nov. 2011 Day 3297

PS: Congrats on your impending nuptials - another great life decision (what a month you're having!)
3297 DAYS WOW!!! Congrats my friend. I only have 3127 to go but it is vets like you that make this journey so much better, thank you. Oh I am on day 170 and PTBQWY.

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Praising the Lord,tractor pulling for sure, anything to do with farming, hunting and soccer.
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 08:57:42 PM »
CaptainVlach,
Congratulations on one of the most important decisions you will ever make.  I just passed 9 years.  The first two weeks absolutely suck.  Drink a shitload of water and stay quit one day at a time.  I know you know this.  Stick to the plan.  This is an incredible community and brotherhood.  I have made friendships that I know will last a life time.  If you ever need to to chat, vent, swear at someone, PM me.  I'm available 24/7.  Name is Bill. 

Cheers!

PS: Congrats on your impending nuptials - another great life decision (what a month you're having!)

Yes sir it’s been a crazy month!

I’ve been trying to hydrate the most I can. Very challenging to say the least but I’ve learned to embrace the suck!
That is the best way my friend. Embrace the suck as a right of passage knowing that you will never ever want to go through that again!!!!!! That is what stands out for me and I never want to do that again. We will win and help others win also.

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 08:30:34 PM »
CaptainVlach,

Cheers!

Yes sir it’s been a crazy month!

I’ve been trying to hydrate the most I can. Very challenging to say the least but I’ve learned to embrace the suck!
ODAAT
Stay Quit!

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 03:08:29 PM »
CaptainVlach,

Cheers!

Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4369
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 09:01:42 AM »
I woke up this morning feeling great and with a lot of motivation. I used this site to look back and read other members trials, tribulations, and successes. I will stay quit today!
You nailed it Cap. We quit for today (I highlighted it above) since it's all we can control. Get involved with your quit group and share your digits with your fellow quitters using the "My Messages" feature in the top toolbar (or envelope icon if you are on your phone).

Just to reiterate, you must quit for yourself first and foremost. If you quit for your soon to be wife (congrats BTW) or your late grandfather, your long term success may be in jeopardy. You made the decision to poison yourself with cancer dirt for the past 14 years. You now have to own and make the decision to quit every damn day, for yourself. We are here to help and offer accountability but always bear in mind we can't quit for you.

Congrats on making the best decision of your life. I look forward to quitting with you each and every day.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 08:47:29 AM »
I woke up this morning feeling great and with a lot of motivation. I used this site to look back and read other members trials, tribulations, and successes. I will stay quit today!
ODAAT
Stay Quit!

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 09:21:12 PM »
Thanks fellas!

The journey to these 7 days has been crazy doing it alone and not really talking to anyone whos been there and done that. This decision to join the KTC family is a great one already. This is awesome and what I needed!
ODAAT
Stay Quit!

Offline ForChad

• Quit Date 08/17/2020
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Camping, Hunting, Hiking, Time with Family
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 09:13:12 PM »
Hey Captain,

Congrats, 7 days is already milestone you’ve hit! I’m brand new this week (day 4) to KTC and already feeling the support from the veterans and other newbies.  I’m a 30+ yr user so let’s do this quit together.  Like @Thefranks5 suggested, join the November 2020 group for your promise each day.  I find myself looking forward to get to it first thing in the morning.  It’s tough right now, but reading what others have and are saying has been a huge help for me and I’m confident it will be for you as well. Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  You got this!,

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 09:00:35 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm new to this community and looking for help. I am 7 days in from quitting dip. I'm 29 years old and will be 30 in 10 days. And will be getting married in 16 days. I have been dipping since I was 16. Growing up in WV its what you do. My entire life has evolved around the can. This is the hardest decision I have ever made. My grandfather passed away going on 3 years ago and right before he died he told me he wanted me to quit. He was a dipper for over 50 years and died of cancer. My future wife has been proactive in attempting to get me to quit as well. I have put it off until I was ready and I thought I was ready. I keep almost giving in to temptations but I haven't faltered yet. My job is extremely stressful (Parole Officer) and most of my co-workers either chew or smoke. Please help me. I am not doing well. I know I can do this but the stresses of life are starting to weigh on me.

Thank you
Hey bud. Welcome to KTC. Congrats for making it a week on your own, but you don't have to do this alone. First, know this: KTC is an ACCOUNTABILITY site. We'll hold you to the fire first to keep you quit. You get support THROUGH accountability. Do not cave to the stress. Life is stressful, but there are better ways of dealing with it than sticking a dip in your mouth. Think of this equation: 1 Problem + Dip = 2 Problems. The equation you want is Accountability + Brotherhood = Success. Do yourself a favor and read as much as you can on the site. Educate yourself on what's coming regarding withdrawals - mental, physical, and emotional.

Check your messages. I'll send you my digits so you can reach out if you need to. Don't worry about tomorrow; we do things ODAAT here - One Day At A Time. You can do this, brother.
GS9502  175 days of freedom
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline Thefranks5

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 08:53:36 PM »
Welcome Captain, first thing you should do is go to https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=15852.0 first thing in the morning and post your promise just like the others. Read the instructions and don’t worry if you screw up somebody will fix it and show you what to do. You have made a wise choice quitting and we are here to help. We are a bit rough but we want everybody to stay quit so if you slip up you will get called out for it. We are no nicotine here so it's cold turkey as that is the way to go. Keep reading as much as you can here and you will find strength to carry on. We also share numbers here as that helps with accountability but if your having issues somebody is a text or call away. Only share thru pms though not here in the open and if you want mine let me know. Having quit buddies really does help all parties out. Be prepared to have more members chime in as there will be plenty who will want to help. Welcome aboard my friend and God bless.

Offline CaptainVlach

• Quitter
New to this
« on: August 20, 2020, 08:28:49 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm new to this community and looking for help. I am 7 days in from quitting dip. I'm 29 years old and will be 30 in 10 days. And will be getting married in 16 days. I have been dipping since I was 16. Growing up in WV its what you do. My entire life has evolved around the can. This is the hardest decision I have ever made. My grandfather passed away going on 3 years ago and right before he died he told me he wanted me to quit. He was a dipper for over 50 years and died of cancer. My future wife has been proactive in attempting to get me to quit as well. I have put it off until I was ready and I thought I was ready. I keep almost giving in to temptations but I haven't faltered yet. My job is extremely stressful (Parole Officer) and most of my co-workers either chew or smoke. Please help me. I am not doing well. I know I can do this but the stresses of life are starting to weigh on me.

Thank you
ODAAT
Stay Quit!