Author Topic: New to the site, day 2 of the quit.  (Read 528 times)

Offline BG8989

• Quitter
  • Interests: QUIT DATE MARCH 18, 2012!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New to the site, day 2 of the quit.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2012, 02:55:00 AM »
Day 4 brothers! Staying strong! Thanks for the support!!! It's still hard but I read it takes 72 hours for nicotine to be out of your system. And I'm past tht point so tht made me feel really good! Iv just been chewing the herbal dip (no tobacco or nic) and sunflower seeds. Those really help with the habit of just having something packed in the lip. But like I said, staying strong. And I appreciate the support bros!!!

Offline usmc6048

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 06:26:00 AM »
One day at a time brother. Let me know if you need a number or some to talk too. Embrace this shit for what its worth, so you never want to go back through it. Welcome to June bro!
QD - 25 Feb 2012

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 02:55:00 AM »
Quote from: BG8989
Man, you guys are the best! Just seeing these comments made me feel better. I know its only the start of a hard road but like yall said, im just gonna take it
day by day.
I'm still standing strong! It's 1:22 am on day 3! I can't sleep but it won't break me down. You guys are the best for real. And I'm gonna try the coffee. I found tht seeds help more than gum does. So thts what I'm doing for right now. But like I said, I really do appreciate the support from y'all!!!!! And I'm here for anyone who needs me also!
My first week I was all about sunflower seeds and then I didn't need them as much. I transitioned to sugar-free chewing gum. I still have a bag of seeds just in case I get a really bad crave. I tried the fake chew for one day and didn't care for it. That being said, many have found success with it. It might be something you want to look into to help your during the early stages of your quit. I never tried the coffee grounds so I can't comment on its effectiveness. dgonseaux is right man. You are doing it! Grind it out early on brother. You and I are succeeding one day at a time. That is pretty awesome. By the way, it gets much easier. You just kind of have to feel crappy for a while but you will feel better. One more thing, every time you say no to nicotine during a crave or trigger, your quit will be that much stronger and that trigger and future craves will be much easier to deal with. You can do this. Stay quit brother.

Offline BG8989

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 01:31:00 AM »
Man, you guys are the best! Just seeing these comments made me feel better. I know its only the start of a hard road but like yall said, im just gonna take it
day by day.
I'm still standing strong! It's 1:22 am on day 3! I can't sleep but it won't break me down. You guys are the best for real. And I'm gonna try the coffee. I found tht seeds help more than gum does. So thts what I'm doing for right now. But like I said, I really do appreciate the support from y'all!!!!! And I'm here for anyone who needs me also!

Offline dgonseaux

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2012, 11:45:00 PM »
Hey y'all. My names Brandon and I'm new here. I am also new to puttin down the can. I'm 22 years old and have been dipping since I was 15, but no more. I'm currently on day 2 of the quit. It hasn't really been that long but I'm already goin through hell. I feel like I can't quit moving my legs, I feel real anxious, Can't think straight. I just feel like im going insane really. Iv been chewing gum like crazy today and it helps a Little but there has to be something else that can help? I know I'm gonna have to stay strong but if anyone has any good advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks to all who took the time to read this post. Take care.
-Brandon
Dude! You're doing it! Take it one day, hour, and minute at a time. We're all here for you.

Coffee grounds has been really working for me. Give it a shot. There is also fake stuff at Walmart and a bunch of other brands featured on the home page. I never like any of it much but the coffee is good!
Nic Quit: February 23rd, 2012
Alchohol Quit: July 27, 2011
KTP Quit: January 5th, 2013

You are more than the choices that you?ve made
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes
You are more than the problems you create
You?ve been remade

-Tenth Avenue North - You Are More

It's worth the pain, God's in the rain. It's not to late to start again, it's worth the pain.
So hold on tonight, there's grace. When you're at wits end, begging for it, He'll take you by the hand. There's grace.

-Disciple - Worth the Pain

Phillipians 4:13

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »
You've gotten a ton of good advice so far. 2 days is a great start. Remember, nobody can make you cave. Nobody. All you need to do is focus on your quit one day at a time. Don't think about tomorrow, next week, next year or forever. Quitting forever is hard...but nobody is asking you to do that. All you need to do is quit for today...and anybody can make it one day. Just post roll and give your word that no matter what happens, you won't do that today. Then repeat.

Drinking water and exercise helps some. Candy, gum and mints help others. Some use the fake shit...I thought that stuff was terrible. The key is replacing it. You'll still think about it, but replacements help.

Also, embrace the suck...that is the feeling of recovery. Welcome to freedom.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824

Brandon. I am only at it for six days. I was really depressed. I just used my i-pad and read at night. Some real funny situations and stories shared here. Some you can relate to and others just make perfect sense to an addict.

I found I get through it by having focused distractions. What I mean is that I discovered laughter. These guys in chat. I was pissed off after reading and went into chat. They noticed me and asked how I was doing. I said just doing a lot of reading. If I am going to hang here, I better get used to writing, "Fuck that, Fuck this, Fuck you, Fuck me!" The chat lit up and more f bombs than you could shake a stick at. I couldn't stop laughing.

I realized that these guys have been through this, they know the symptoms. They related and when I was laughing, I didn't realize or I forgot to think about the pain. It was there but I just knew I would get past it.

Also, when you have a craving...walk, run, lift weights. Get your HR up and blood pumping. It may take 72 hours to clear your system but my gut tells me the more you exercise, the faster your body cleanses.

This tobacco is POISON. You feel the way you do because you have poison in you.

Brandon, I'm 41. but only 5 days ahead of you. My experience so far...sad and in pain. (emotionally and physically) I realized after day 3....I still craved and had thoughts of the evil creature but I was happy. Still am. No longer was I a hypocrite.

Every storm cloud is followed by a ray of sunlight. Stay Quit my friend. We all need each other to stay quit. It provides extra strength.

I would have caved already if I didn't stay focused. Post roll, Quit every new day, and repeat. It is so simple but it is a lifeline to fighting this bull shit.
Some great advise here!!!!

Welcome to your quit and take the advise you have gotten so far and roll with it stay strong and determined in your quit one day at a time and all will work itself out!!

Good to be quit with you today.
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »

Brandon. I am only at it for six days. I was really depressed. I just used my i-pad and read at night. Some real funny situations and stories shared here. Some you can relate to and others just make perfect sense to an addict.

I found I get through it by having focused distractions. What I mean is that I discovered laughter. These guys in chat. I was pissed off after reading and went into chat. They noticed me and asked how I was doing. I said just doing a lot of reading. If I am going to hang here, I better get used to writing, "Fuck that, Fuck this, Fuck you, Fuck me!" The chat lit up and more f bombs than you could shake a stick at. I couldn't stop laughing.

I realized that these guys have been through this, they know the symptoms. They related and when I was laughing, I didn't realize or I forgot to think about the pain. It was there but I just knew I would get past it.

Also, when you have a craving...walk, run, lift weights. Get your HR up and blood pumping. It may take 72 hours to clear your system but my gut tells me the more you exercise, the faster your body cleanses.

This tobacco is POISON. You feel the way you do because you have poison in you.

Brandon, I'm 41. but only 5 days ahead of you. My experience so far...sad and in pain. (emotionally and physically) I realized after day 3....I still craved and had thoughts of the evil creature but I was happy. Still am. No longer was I a hypocrite.

Every storm cloud is followed by a ray of sunlight. Stay Quit my friend. We all need each other to stay quit. It provides extra strength.

I would have caved already if I didn't stay focused. Post roll, Quit every new day, and repeat. It is so simple but it is a lifeline to fighting this bull shit.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:00 PM »
You should join us. We quit 1 day at a time by posting roll.

Here is our mission statement: index.php?showtopic=125

Here is why we post roll: index.php?showtopic=120

Here is how you post roll: index.php?showtopic=50

Here is where you post roll: index.php?showtopic=6044

Here is why I am here to help: index.php?showtopic=123

Offline BG8989

• Quitter
New to the site, day 2 of the quit.
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
Hey y'all. My names Brandon and I'm new here. I am also new to puttin down the can. I'm 22 years old and have been dipping since I was 15, but no more. I'm currently on day 2 of the quit. It hasn't really been that long but I'm already goin through hell. I feel like I can't quit moving my legs, I feel real anxious, Can't think straight. I just feel like im going insane really. Iv been chewing gum like crazy today and it helps a Little but there has to be something else that can help? I know I'm gonna have to stay strong but if anyone has any good advice, it would be much appreciated. Thanks to all who took the time to read this post. Take care.
-Brandon