Author Topic: Weifert  (Read 2328 times)

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
Re: Weifert
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
Quote from: weifert
I think you miss my point. My point is understanding the shittiness that comes with fucking up, and using that to not fuck up anymore. I don't give a fuck if it were 3 or 3000 days after I caved, I'd have to have the same attitude to make a change.
Correct. your head must be in the right place.

Either you choose to quit or you choose to fail.

Either way it is a choice.

What will you choose moving forward............
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline weifert

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
I think you miss my point. My point is understanding the shittiness that comes with fucking up, and using that to not fuck up anymore. I don't give a fuck if it were 3 or 3000 days after I caved, I'd have to have the same attitude to make a change.
There is no scenario in this life in which I continue to dip and face no consequences.

Offline Bignate76

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »
I'm sorry... but I'm still calling BS... The whole introspective "convince M" write-up...
I imagined what I would tell him if this were down the road and I had been through with nicotine for a long time
Your ass made it 2 days. Remove M and insert Weifert... That's what you should be saying to yourself.

It's called "The Suck" because it fucking sucks... It's not called "Three days at Hedonism II". Man up and get it done. Hell women up and get it done. Ginet and her Louboutin's is one of the most bad ass quiters on this site, so hell ya quit like a girl!

I also have an issue with you claiming to be on Day 2. You caved yesterday brother... AFTER making a promise to not use at 8:45 am... You can't turn around at 5pm and post day 1. F that, you still had grains in your teeth from the cave...

You seem to be at a pretty hectic, fast paced, and stressful time in your life. We have all been there. The single most important duh moment I've had on this site is realizing that dip/chew doesn't do a damn thing to help. The stressor is still going to be there after the dip. Even now 36 days into my quit when the wife, or kids, or work start to beat me down I have to step back breathe deep and remember that fact...

I will quit with you today brother, but just a heads up... This isn't baseball. You won't get three strikes...

Oh and one last thing... Anger can get you started, but it will fade and fade quickly. Strengthen your quit with more than just anger.

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2014, 04:09:00 PM »
Don't hit the quote button to light me up just yet. I've got more to say.
If you hadn't put that right where you did..........

;)

And, btw, right-the fuck-on.

Quit with you today, Billy Joel.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Anger is a gift if you use it right, but don't let it consume you either.

Think on this.

What price would you pay to go a month or a year without dip ever crossing your mind?

What are you willing to endure to have that kind of freedom?

When you truly DECIDE that your ready to accept the TEMPORARY discomfort of withdrawl in order to free yourself from a life of addiction, you'll find quitting alot easier.

The hardest shit is sometimes the simplest. Pay the price weifert, earn your freedom.
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: Bronc
Last night, my first night quit (again) after caving, I slept like a baby. But before that I was angry. There were a lot of things said about me and my actions. Really, I think a lot of people in the same position would have just fucked off and gone back to dipping full time, which would be a shame. But I'm still here.

At first I was like a man possessed, now driven to quit because I felt given up on. And I went to bed with more motivation to quit than I have ever had before. And I slept like a fucking baby. But when I woke up, and the storm had blown over, I had a very different attitude.

For a minute I stopped thinking about myself. I asked myself what I would say if I wanted to convince my friend M. to stop dipping. M. is about my age (25), just got married. We used to work as an ambulance crew together for a couple of years. He dips as much as myself. I imagined what I would tell him if this were down the road and I had been through with nicotine for a long time, and he were still dipping. And when I thought of it this way, I believe that I've actually found my true motivation to quit.

Here's what I would tell him:

1. This is your life. I'm not being dramatic or over-the-top. We are talking today about life or death. And I'm not making this up - if you continue to poison your body you are going to die. And it's a painful death.

2. You just got married. Is Lacey going to keep the family afloat while you're out because you had to get your face sawed open? How long will it take your firstborn to understand that you slowly killed YOURSELF, knowing that he or she would be left behind. You aren't the only person affected by your dipping habit. In fact, you might as well make your wife dip when you dip. That's how closely your habits affect her.

3. Don't tell me it's too hard. I did it. I went through a few days of pure hell and I did it. And I got through it by being so fucking angry that I was ever in this position in the first place, and I'll be damned if I let you give up because you can't get mad enough about that.

I'm more ready to quit now than I ever was before. What's they key? Anger. Not anger at anyone for calling you out, etc. You have to be angry, and I mean enraged to the core, that you took that FIRST dip, and that you've been poisoning yourself. Why?

In the end, anger is the only thing strong enough to overcome your lies. Rage contains the power needed to dissolve that conversation the addict within you has with the good person within you. I don't know if I have ever been angrier in my life, and I'm going to use it to put an end to this poison day by God-given day.

Thank you guys for being here to watch me make it happen, and aid me when I falter.
Oh man, I fucking love this so much! Dude - you are totally on your way to being the badass that you are. Seeing you on chat today made my morning but this makes my frickin' week! So so so very proud of you Will! I'm in your corner every damn day.
Powerful.
Well said man. Glad to see you had some deep reflection.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 03:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Bronc
Last night, my first night quit (again) after caving, I slept like a baby. But before that I was angry. There were a lot of things said about me and my actions. Really, I think a lot of people in the same position would have just fucked off and gone back to dipping full time, which would be a shame. But I'm still here.

At first I was like a man possessed, now driven to quit because I felt given up on. And I went to bed with more motivation to quit than I have ever had before. And I slept like a fucking baby. But when I woke up, and the storm had blown over, I had a very different attitude.

For a minute I stopped thinking about myself. I asked myself what I would say if I wanted to convince my friend M. to stop dipping. M. is about my age (25), just got married. We used to work as an ambulance crew together for a couple of years. He dips as much as myself. I imagined what I would tell him if this were down the road and I had been through with nicotine for a long time, and he were still dipping. And when I thought of it this way, I believe that I've actually found my true motivation to quit.

1. This is your life. I'm not being dramatic or over-the-top. We are talking today about life or death. And I'm not making this up - if you continue to poison your body you are going to die. And it's a painful death.

2. You just got married. Is Lacey going to keep the family afloat while you're out because you had to get your face sawed open? How long will it take your firstborn to understand that you slowly killed YOURSELF, knowing that he or she would be left behind. You aren't the only person affected by your dipping habit. In fact, you might as well make your wife dip when you dip. That's how closely your habits affect her.

3. Don't tell me it's too hard. I did it. I went through a few days of pure hell and I did it. And I got through it by being so fucking angry that I was ever in this position in the first place, and I'll be damned if I let you give up because you can't get mad enough about that.

I'm more ready to quit now than I ever was before. What's they key? Anger. Not anger at anyone for calling you out, etc. You have to be angry, and I mean enraged to the core, that you took that FIRST dip, and that you've been poisoning yourself. Why?

In the end, anger is the only thing strong enough to overcome your lies. Rage contains the power needed to dissolve that conversation the addict within you has with the good person within you. I don't know if I have ever been angrier in my life, and I'm going to use it to put an end to this poison day by God-given day.

Thank you guys for being here to watch me make it happen, and aid me when I falter.
Oh man, I fucking love this so much! Dude - you are totally on your way to being the badass that you are. Seeing you on chat today made my morning but this makes my frickin' week! So so so very proud of you Will! I'm in your corner every damn day.
Powerful.
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline slarowe5

• Quitter
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »

This is almost as awesome as your quit! Ill quit every damn day with you!

Congrats  keep up the great quit!!!!!

ODAAT!
#8206;?It?s always down to you and the choices you make. Work on the things you can change and never dwell on the things you can?t. You choose? ?results? or ?excuses? it?s always down to YOU? no one has ever given their BEST and regretted it. GO HARD NO EXCUSES.?
Quit Date: 2/28/2014

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »

Offline weifert

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2014, 02:46:00 PM »

There is no scenario in this life in which I continue to dip and face no consequences.

Offline DirtyHarry10

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-17
  • Interests: 1. My family2. Braves Baseball3. Razorback Football4. Any football for that matter5. Any hockey6. I love to degrade soccer. It's not a sport, just a recreational activity.7. Slow cooking meat. Grilling meat. Eating meat. You get the point.
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
Will,

I'm only seven days quit. I get up M-F at 4 a.m. to start my 80 mile commute to work. All this week my sleep has been jacked up. I wake up three, four times a night and head off to work feeling like shit. All I have to do is pop some of that shit in my lip and everything will return to normal, right? No. Not right. I made a promise to not only the people on this site and my family, but a promise to myself that I would not let them down. I will fight like hell to make sure that doesn't happen. And if I can do it, there is no reason why you can't do it. I'm was disappointed to see you cave, but I'm proud your jumping right back into the mix. Just own your quit and let's get this done.

As for anxiety and stress, go see a doctor. There is absolutely no shame in picking up some wellbutrin or other such medication to help with the anxiety. If that's not your thing, dive into a hobby or find a new one. I've found that spending more time on the grills this week, working up new sauces and rubs, has helped tremendously. Just find something that occupies both your hands and your mind. Stay busy. Stay focused. When the mind starts to wander, trouble is not far away.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. -THE Outlaw Josey Wales

Offline weifert

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2014, 10:27:00 AM »
Thanks for the motivation you guys. I've posted my Day 2 roll today. THere's nothing that can stop me, and I"m not falling back into the trap again.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 10:07:00 AM »
Will,
As we discussed lastnight depression and anxiety are all compounded early in your quit. In other words it really sucks, meds can help if it truly comes to that as a solution. Once you get some days quit under your belt it does get better. There are several other areas in the KTC Forum that can help you with other facets of life that you would like to change as well. Just use babysteps and prepare for each day.

So, let us see your promise on Roll Call and let's move on into another quit with a full head of steam. You know that I am here for you and that I can talk to you anytime.

I faced many demons during my quit and each time I was tempted/lured by nicotine and her little tricks. Break the chains brother, if I did it you can too.

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
I probably didn't do the best that I could to exercise and get good sleep.....
Your sleep pattern will be messed up for a while. It's normal. I slept sporadically for the first month at least before I got into a regular sleep pattern. The nice thing is I no longer stay up until 1-2am just to stuff some more dip in my maw. Nowdays, 11pm and I'm out like a light.

You can do this if you want to, but you better get some contact numbers of folks in your group and anyone else who offers. Get some seeds, coffee grounds, fake dip, atomic fireballs, etc to stuff in your face instead of dip. Hang out on the site when you can and read, read read. It's really important to stay close to the site, and to your quit brothers (and sisters) for the first part of your quit.

Take it one day at a time, one minute at a time, one second at a time.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 09:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Zabba
Take it from someone that just quit a month ago. The first few days really really blow. Don't allow yourself to cave. One of the things that really helped me when i was craving in the early days was to drop and do as many pushups or pullups before absolute failure. By the end of it the cravings were mainly gone.

If i can do it, you can do it. Stick in there man, don't give up again.
zabba nailed it. you gave up. this is about you man, not stresses or pushups or sandy vaginas. you. You need the mindset that you will do ANYTHING to keep that crap out of your mouth. Where do you draw that line?