Author Topic: The Nic Bitch Struck Again  (Read 5008 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Porkchop, if you are down 25lbs already keep doing what got you there. The oral fixation is why some quitters put on weight at first(I put on 25 lbs which I have since gotten rid of). You may have to be careful with your choices: use fake dip and bubble gum not seeds and candy; keep plenty of fruit and veggies around and munch on those instead of junk food.

Also, exercise is super helpful in a quit. Burn off stress and frustration with a good workout. Obviously exercise will help with weight loss too.

Get through this minute by minute if you have too. Read everything on KTC and live it. KTC works.

Offline Krusty

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 03:49:00 AM »
DJ - Welcome to Project Mayhem, and great to see you post roll. While no one in the May quit group can boast having walked a mile in a HOFer's shoes, we damn sure aspire to be there, and plan to get there ODAAT. That being said, you've got a lot of guys alongside you that are mere hours or days into their quit, and are here to help when things get rocky. As you're already aware, it's going to suck, and it will be the best damn reminder about why you're quitting in the first place -- anything that makes you feel so shitty and physically / mentally incapacitated when you remove it from your system is nothing that you want in your life. We're all in this together, whether one day or one thousand days.

Offline Krazystu

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 12:29:00 AM »
I am new here as of today. I have pretty much the same story as most of them that I have read so far.
We all have the same story of why we are here. We were addicted to and if we let our guards down for one minute will lose the battle to this tough nic bitch that tells us lies. But here we get to share the stories of beating this addiction and learning from one another. I've learned to embrace the scary road of rewiring my brain to do stuff without this lying poison. Jump in and Read as much as you can. You won't be mad for feeling free. ODAAT

Offline String11

• Quitter
  • Interests: I'm a guy that fears God and loves family. My family and I would be considered outsdoors people. We hunt, fish, ski, cheer, football, basketball, soccer, and baseball. My wife and I don't necessarily spoil our children, but they do get 95% of our attention. (like they should)
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 12:13:00 AM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: DjPorkchop
Hello all.

I am new here as of today. I have pretty much the same story as most of them that I have read so far.

I used to chew when I was in high school a can a day at least. The day I was out of high school, I simply never chewed (dipped) again. The other side of that story is, I smoked too. I smoked until I was 31 years old and was a 3 and half pack per day smoker. I quit smoking using the patch and it was kind of easy to do. I knew it was my time.

About 6 months later I was at a little league baseball game coaching and my assistant coach offered me a chew of this new flavor he bought. So I tried one. Before the end of the game I was at the store buying a tin. 10 years later I was sitting here on the net and found this site tonight.

I have been wanting to quit for a long time and believe it or not, my doctor urged me not to try at this time. I am a big boy at 335lb down from 360. He is worried me quitting chewing will make me gain the weight back and then some.

Long story short, tonight is the night. I am not going to use nic for the rest of tonight. I don't care about tomorrow, I am just itching to get through tonight.

Last time I tried to quit, I ended up laying in bed crying like a baby, TERRIBLE stomach aches, shakes so bad I couldn't hardly walk. It was like I was trying to give up heroine or something. MAN was I sick. I don't look forward to that again but will do what it takes.

Take care everyone!
DJ
I am NOT a doctor but I question anyone who questions your desire to quit. Yes it really sucks at first, but in time you will NOT regret your decision to quit. I am finally free of the slavery and quitting IS THE BEST THING I have ever done. I will stand by you. Drink lots of water, don't eat shitty food , exercise, and you won't gain weight. I have been quit for 78 days and have lost 12 lbs. I'm a big guy too and quitting dip goes way beyond just quitting dip. It changes your life being unshackled. Learn how and why to post roll in the welcome center link up top. If a dumbass like me can do this you can too! I promise if you STICK IT OUT you will not regret this. PM me if you need anything. ;Ironman:
Porkchop, with a name like that I doubt you gonna worry about a few lbs. Bro you got this, your diet is what you put in. I'd rather have the food going in than shit in my lip. Just saying. I agree with rdad on this. I'm not a Dr either and didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express but I think you got some shitty advice. Make nic your bitch and the pounds will come off with a new healthier you. I haven't seen any weight change an I am 3 months in from a 25 yr habit.

I quit with you big guy. Git r dun
Quit date 11-10-2013 7th Floor 10-10-2015
HOF 02-17-2014
2nd Floor 05-28-2014
3rd Floor 09-05-2014
1 year 11-09-2014
4th Floor 12-14-14
5th Floor 03-24-2015
6th Floor 07-02-2015

I'm a quitter, are you?

Offline Etxaggie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Faith, Family, friends, hunting, & fishing....
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 11:52:00 PM »
DJ-

Great decision! I'm 39 days in my quit  I was worried about weight gain also. I have actually lost a couple pounds. I drink tons of water  try to workout daily. The workouts have really helped me with stress/rage.

Make sure you read as much as you can on here. It helps me through the tough times. Go to the "Welcome Center" at the top of this page  post roll with your quit group. It sounds crazy at first, but trust me it will start making sense real soon.

PM me if you need anything.
Quit 12/31/2013

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 11:03:00 PM »
Quote from: DjPorkchop
Hello all.

I used to chew when I was in high school a can a day at least. The day I was out of high school, I simply never chewed (dipped) again. The other side of that story is, I smoked too. I smoked until I was 31 years old and was a 3 and half pack per day smoker. I quit smoking using the patch and it was kind of easy to do. I knew it was my time.

About 6 months later I was at a little league baseball game coaching and my assistant coach offered me a chew of this new flavor he bought. So I tried one. Before the end of the game I was at the store buying a tin. 10 years later I was sitting here on the net and found this site tonight.

I have been wanting to quit for a long time and believe it or not, my doctor urged me not to try at this time. I am a big boy at 335lb down from 360. He is worried me quitting chewing will make me gain the weight back and then some.

Long story short, tonight is the night. I am not going to use nic for the rest of tonight. I don't care about tomorrow, I am just itching to get through tonight.

Last time I tried to quit, I ended up laying in bed crying like a baby, TERRIBLE stomach aches, shakes so bad I couldn't hardly walk. It was like I was trying to give up heroine or something. MAN was I sick. I don't look forward to that again but will do what it takes.

Take care everyone!
DJ
I am NOT a doctor but I question anyone who questions your desire to quit. Yes it really sucks at first, but in time you will NOT regret your decision to quit. I am finally free of the slavery and quitting IS THE BEST THING I have ever done. I will stand by you. Drink lots of water, don't eat shitty food , exercise, and you won't gain weight. I have been quit for 78 days and have lost 12 lbs. I'm a big guy too and quitting dip goes way beyond just quitting dip. It changes your life being unshackled. Learn how and why to post roll in the welcome center link up top. If a dumbass like me can do this you can too! I promise if you STICK IT OUT you will not regret this. PM me if you need anything. ;Ironman:

Offline rtpope

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Umpiring baseball, hunting, fishing, college baskeball, NFL, basically sports in general....
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 10:42:00 PM »
Dj,

I'm on day 2. To be honest, it's no where near as bad as I thought. Don't get me wrong, I'm not enjoying any part of this....but my fear of quitting was much worse than actually quitting. Remember, we quit one day at a time. Just make it hour by hour through tonight and tomorrow.

Offline DjPorkchop

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Mother Fricker!!!
    • PaPa Ray's Photography
  • Quit Date: 9/17/2015
  • Interests: Brewing Beer and Building Cheap Smokers (UDS Drums)
  • Likes Given: 23
The Nic Bitch Struck Again
« on: February 08, 2014, 10:13:00 PM »
Hello all.

Take care everyone!
If I could I would. If I don't, it's because I am lazy.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.