Author Topic: Took the step yesterday  (Read 6553 times)

Offline Gelas

• Quitter
  • Interests: Philosophy, World of Warcraft, Guitar, Numismatics, Reading
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Took the step yesterday
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Quote from: Frazzled
Immediately after reading bamadan's post. I went to the restroom here at the office and flushed the lozenges I have with me. My wife is home today, and I am asking her to get rid of the ones I have at home. She smokes occassionally, and I've told her she needs to not ask me to go outside with her and to be discrete about when she smokes. She said she would help.

I am going to the April 2011 post and hitting roll call for today. I will not dip today.
I am fucking honored to have you as my brother!
Caved: 5/25/2011

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
Immediately after reading bamadan's post. I went to the restroom here at the office and flushed the lozenges I have with me. My wife is home today, and I am asking her to get rid of the ones I have at home. She smokes occassionally, and I've told her she needs to not ask me to go outside with her and to be discrete about when she smokes. She said she would help.

I am going to the April 2011 post and hitting roll call for today. I will not dip today.
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Offline HKS

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
People have said it before. You can not just have one. Once the nicotine hits those neurotransmitters, all bets are off. You will be chewing a tin in no time. You have to first surrender and then realize that total abstinence is the only route. Stay connected, post roll, take it one day at a time.

Offline Gelas

• Quitter
  • Interests: Philosophy, World of Warcraft, Guitar, Numismatics, Reading
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:17:00 PM »
Frazzled: I had lozenges and these guys badgered me until I agreed to flush them. I hated them for even suggesting it...how dare they? I'm trying to quit, after all. And I have a plan, too.

Well, I did flush them yesterday and I'm glad I did. I hope you'll come and post in the April 2011 group. I need you to to help me quit. Together we will beat this. We will quit every day and lean on each other for support.
Caved: 5/25/2011

Offline HKS

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:16:00 PM »
One day at a time. You have to promise yourself that today you will not chew.

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
Quote from: bigbamadan
Hi, all. I have been looking to quit dipping for quite some time, but really started getting serious about it lately. I had been working from home for nearly the past two weeks, plus time off I had for the holidays, and I had a dip in almost contiuously. Old one would go out, new one would go in. My blood pressure was rising by the day. I always wanted to have a dip in, and I did not have any reason not too because at home, I could dip whenever.

Yesterday, I had a dip when I got up, and then dropped my son off at school. Since then I've had no more, and while this is not pleasant, I have been chew-free for more than 24 hours.

I'm hoping just to make it through the first 72 hours without issue, and have no chew anywhere in my house, car, office, etc. I do have some lozenges if I really need them, but I have been drinking lots of water and chewing gum if need be to use instead.

I'm just hoping the really strong cravings will go away soon, and that I'm not such an ass to people. I'm trying...I'm an ass anyway...but that's for another post.

~Frazzled
Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Those nic lozenges you have...go get them now and flush them. No need to prolong the pain. You are addicted to nicotine. The way it enters your body does not matter.

Read 1-4 Here

Then head on over to April 2011 and post up. You can do this. We are all proof that it can be done. One day at a time.
Welcome to the site. Read the steps Dan gave you.

We are a 100% nicotine free group so if those are nicotine lozenges, you will need to get rid of them.

You will love being quit.

Offline bigbamadan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-03-23
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 12:06:00 PM »
Hi, all. I have been looking to quit dipping for quite some time, but really started getting serious about it lately. I had been working from home for nearly the past two weeks, plus time off I had for the holidays, and I had a dip in almost contiuously. Old one would go out, new one would go in. My blood pressure was rising by the day. I always wanted to have a dip in, and I did not have any reason not too because at home, I could dip whenever.

Yesterday, I had a dip when I got up, and then dropped my son off at school. Since then I've had no more, and while this is not pleasant, I have been chew-free for more than 24 hours.

I'm hoping just to make it through the first 72 hours without issue, and have no chew anywhere in my house, car, office, etc. I do have some lozenges if I really need them, but I have been drinking lots of water and chewing gum if need be to use instead.

I'm just hoping the really strong cravings will go away soon, and that I'm not such an ass to people. I'm trying...I'm an ass anyway...but that's for another post.

~Frazzled
Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Those nic lozenges you have...go get them now and flush them. No need to prolong the pain. You are addicted to nicotine. The way it enters your body does not matter.

Read 1-4 Here

Then head on over to April 2011 and post up. You can do this. We are all proof that it can be done. One day at a time.
Quit: 3/23/10
All good things in all good time.

Offline Frazzled

• Eternal Quitters
  • Master of Quit
  • 1/3/2011
  • Quit Date: 1/3/2011
  • Likes Given: 71
Took the step yesterday
« on: January 04, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »

~Frazzled
Quit Date 1/3/11
Floor 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37