Author Topic: New Member I introducyion  (Read 1725 times)

Offline AndyCan

• Quitter
  • 17 years of dumbassery, quit, now I’m a genius
  • Quit Date: 12/19/2018
  • Interests: Weightlifting, outdoors, hiking, comedy, wife and kids
  • Likes Given: 665
Re: New Member I introducyion
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 09:46:21 AM »
This is Crusader Big D, I quit on chewing 1/25/2020 at 10:53pm EST. I have chewed Copenhagen or Skoal since I was 13 years old  and I am now 49. So that totals 36 years of addiction! I had a cancer scare over the last few days, which turned out to be an abscessed tooth. But when you look up the signs /symptoms for oral cavity cancer and you are experiencing all of them....I said to myself, “this is it, because life as I knew it was over!”  It’s not dying that I fear, but the agony of living with cancer and all its pain. It’s not a matter of if we die, but rather when.  It’s not a matter of why we die, but how. I can think of lots of ways better than cancer! My oral health is starting to go south too with gum recession. So my journey tobacco/nicotine free begins.

I have Smoky Mountain Mint Chew to help get me through the next few days, but need your prayers and support!

de oppresso liber - to free the oppressed
@Crusader Big D ....welcome to freedom, one day at a time. The way we do things here is simple. We wake up, piss and post. Post your promise to yourself and all of us that today nicotine is off the table as a option. Then just keep your promise. Swap some phone numbers with some other members here. That can be a real life line when you feel like you want to give in. Drink lots of water, exercise as you can, and only worry about today. We will think about tomorrow if it comes. Hang I there brother.
That is scary stuff big D.  It sucks that we, as addicts, routinely have to get to that point to decide we need a change in our lives.  But regardless, it brought you here and this place will help you stay quit.  As long as you do your part - post roll early every damn day (EDD), make some connections with your group and veterans from the site (exchange digits), and when you’re ready, begin to seek out helping other quitters here.  Supporting others’ quits goes a long way to strengthening your own.  Proud to quit with you today (PTQWYT) - I’m a PM away from exchanging numbers with you.

Andy

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
Re: New Member I introducyion
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 01:27:36 AM »
This is Crusader Big D, I quit on chewing 1/25/2020 at 10:53pm EST. I have chewed Copenhagen or Skoal since I was 13 years old  and I am now 49. So that totals 36 years of addiction! I had a cancer scare over the last few days, which turned out to be an abscessed tooth. But when you look up the signs /symptoms for oral cavity cancer and you are experiencing all of them....I said to myself, “this is it, because life as I knew it was over!”  It’s not dying that I fear, but the agony of living with cancer and all its pain. It’s not a matter of if we die, but rather when.  It’s not a matter of why we die, but how. I can think of lots of ways better than cancer! My oral health is starting to go south too with gum recession. So my journey tobacco/nicotine free begins.

I have Smoky Mountain Mint Chew to help get me through the next few days, but need your prayers and support!

@Crusader Big D ....welcome to freedom, one day at a time. The way we do things here is simple. We wake up, piss and post. Post your promise to yourself and all of us that today nicotine is off the table as a option. Then just keep your promise. Swap some phone numbers with some other members here. That can be a real life line when you feel like you want to give in. Drink lots of water, exercise as you can, and only worry about today. We will think about tomorrow if it comes. Hang I there brother.

Offline Crusader Big D

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/25/2020
  • Likes Given: 2
New Member I introducyion
« on: January 25, 2020, 11:45:16 PM »