Author Topic: 21 days down! "Am I doing the right thing?"  (Read 3764 times)

Offline JMM7

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: 21 days down! "Am I doing the right thing?"
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 08:27:47 AM »
You probably are wondering how I’m been successful all this time and I can provide what I think did it for me.

1.  Unintentionally quit when I got the flu.  Did I mention best flu ever!

2.  I told people of my accomplishment, but I talked about it when I felt ready.  It was easy in the past when I tried to quit to just agree with supporters.
Supporter: “I’m so proud of you, what is this, day 5”.
Me: “yeah thanks”.

3.  No one called me an addict.  I quit, so therefore I am not.  Please stop referring to me as an addict because I quit. I AM NOT AN ADDICT!  This presupposes that we will become what we used to be and not who we want to be.

4.  This takes will power sure, but I’m the kind of person who sets a goal and competes it.  Honestly, I may not stay with this site anymore.  Theres more reminders here about nicotine than me just living my life. I’ve been on this site for two days now and have thought of nicotine more in the last two days than I the 3 weeks since I’ve quit. Out of site, out of mind works well for me. 

This is my two cents.  Thanks for letting me share! :D

Offline Zeus

• Quitman
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: 03-08-2017
  • Likes Given: 430
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 05:51:16 PM »
Hey team,

Probably don't get very many females on here, but 21 days in and my experience has been interesting to say the least.  I've been trying to quit for years and have had small success in the past, but nothing stuck, except for 3 days of being nicotine free.  This time was very different as I battled the flu and didn't use nicotine during this time.  By the time I felt good enough to drive to the store and get Pedialyte, I didn't even feel like doing nicotine.  Drank lots of water during the quit and much throughout the first week.  I now consume much more liquid than I did before.  Sleep was an issue for a while, but now I can call the shots.  I'm an early bird now and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning.  I'm more sociable, have more confidence, my memory is better.  I just have better experience overall.  I really have no idea on how I got caught up in dipping in the first place.   Sometimes I have the experience, that being nicotine free is not normal.  Like something is missing.  I'm so thankful for getting sick.  Thank you God.  Also another big motivator for me to stay quit is referencing the 'quitting nicotine benefits timeline'.  It really helps to get a clear picture of what positive changes your body is going through as your mind is often tied up in asking yourself, "Am I doing the right thing?".
Welcome female quitter! There are plenty of female quitters that roam these halls who are actually some of the baddest quitters we have here at KTC. So be sure Saturday morning, you go to your April 2020 quit group found here https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16165.msg7712740#msg7712740 and post your name and day count (roll). Happy to have you here, 21 days on your own is quite badass!
Hey JMM7-Like Bug already said, there are far more female quitters here than you might think. @sballhouse @buttons7886 are just 2 that I know for sure that are still in less than a year of quitting. Lean on theses ladies for support, but also don’t forget this....male, female, alien....it doesn’t matter here color, religion or sex...we ALL have 2 things in common. 1.) WE ARE ADDICTS. Please accept that first and foremost. We are addicts and we behave like addicts. But that leads us to 2.) We are all on this one day at a time journey of QUITTING. We are reclaiming our life from this crap. You can do this if you want. We will all be behind you if you let us. Be sure to post roll first thing each day and just keep your promise one day at a time. We will worry about tomorrow when/if it comes. Glad to have you here. Make sure you get some digits from some fellow quitters. It may seem weird, but it has saved my quit on more than one occasion. Also be sure if you do swap digits to only do it via private message and not openly in here or the forum. Proud to be quit with you.
I'm happy for you, but nobody gets cured in 3 weeks. You had a moment of clarity. Now the trick is to sustain it every day, one day at a time. If you want help with that, you're welcome to join us.
June 2017 Quit Mafia

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 06:35:18 AM »
Hey team,

Probably don't get very many females on here, but 21 days in and my experience has been interesting to say the least.  I've been trying to quit for years and have had small success in the past, but nothing stuck, except for 3 days of being nicotine free.  This time was very different as I battled the flu and didn't use nicotine during this time.  By the time I felt good enough to drive to the store and get Pedialyte, I didn't even feel like doing nicotine.  Drank lots of water during the quit and much throughout the first week.  I now consume much more liquid than I did before.  Sleep was an issue for a while, but now I can call the shots.  I'm an early bird now and enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning.  I'm more sociable, have more confidence, my memory is better.  I just have better experience overall.  I really have no idea on how I got caught up in dipping in the first place.   Sometimes I have the experience, that being nicotine free is not normal.  Like something is missing.  I'm so thankful for getting sick.  Thank you God.  Also another big motivator for me to stay quit is referencing the 'quitting nicotine benefits timeline'.  It really helps to get a clear picture of what positive changes your body is going through as your mind is often tied up in asking yourself, "Am I doing the right thing?".
Welcome female quitter! There are plenty of female quitters that roam these halls who are actually some of the baddest quitters we have here at KTC. So be sure Saturday morning, you go to your April 2020 quit group found here https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16165.msg7712740#msg7712740 and post your name and day count (roll). Happy to have you here, 21 days on your own is quite badass!
Hey JMM7-Like Bug already said, there are far more female quitters here than you might think. @sballhouse @buttons7886 are just 2 that I know for sure that are still in less than a year of quitting. Lean on theses ladies for support, but also don’t forget this....male, female, alien....it doesn’t matter here color, religion or sex...we ALL have 2 things in common. 1.) WE ARE ADDICTS. Please accept that first and foremost. We are addicts and we behave like addicts. But that leads us to 2.) We are all on this one day at a time journey of QUITTING. We are reclaiming our life from this crap. You can do this if you want. We will all be behind you if you let us. Be sure to post roll first thing each day and just keep your promise one day at a time. We will worry about tomorrow when/if it comes. Glad to have you here. Make sure you get some digits from some fellow quitters. It may seem weird, but it has saved my quit on more than one occasion. Also be sure if you do swap digits to only do it via private message and not openly in here or the forum. Proud to be quit with you.

Offline Dave

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 04:47:03 AM »
Welcome!

Proud to Quit with You!

Dave
23 days

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 01:07:42 AM »
Hey team,

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline JMM7

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
21 days down! "Am I doing the right thing?"
« on: January 17, 2020, 08:49:20 PM »
Hey team,