Author Topic: Let's do this  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
Re: Let's do this
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2020, 12:10:19 PM »
Do you and would you have the ability to help out with the SSOA/ tracking down the missing/ and/or roll flipping duties in your April 2020 quit group? Any help at all is much appreciated and goes along way when it comes to Brotherhood + Accountability. Thanks in advance!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline Bug Guy

• REMF
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Just a squirrel trying to get a nut
  • Quit Date: 1-4-19
  • Interests: Buckeye Football, Hunting, Hiking, Hanging with the family
  • Likes Given: 2427
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 02:11:22 AM »
Welcome brother and proud to have you here. Quittin is good around these parts and as long as you're chugging down the koolaide, you'll do mighty fine I reckon. So dig in, pm for digits, and prepare for the ride of freedom one day at a time!
-Steve
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

INTRO | HOF SPEECH | HOF WRITEUP
QUIT 1/4/19 HOF 4/13/19 2ND FLOOR 7/22/19 3RD FLOOR 10/30/19 4TH FLOOR 2/7/20 5TH FLOOR 5/17/20 6TH FLOOR 8/25/20 7TH FLOOR 12/3/20 8TH FLOOR 3/13/21 9TH FLOOR 6/21/21 DANGLE FLOOR 9/29/21 11TH FLOOR 1/7/22 12TH FLOOR 4/17/22

Offline Nyles33

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 09:56:38 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys. Athan your intro strikes a chord. I too have had many excuses, the birth of first daughter was especially important.  But here I am, with 2 daughters and a son, but plump out of excuses.  I'm doing this for me and dreaming of good times ahead with those kiddos.
Thanks again for the support.  You all made day 4 that much easier.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 04:53:29 PM »
Today marks day 4 of my journey. I've tried to quit a number of times in the past, but this time is different. I've chewed for the better part of 20 years, which is shocking to think about but it's better than half of my entire life. I've been surrounded by tobacco my entire life, and just assumed it was something we all did to cope with stress. But now, I'm sick of the heartburn, stinky breath,  stained teeth, and most of all, the feeling of being reliant on something that wants to kill me. This time is different.
I appreciate everyone's comments and sharing 0f stories. You're all an inspiration. Here's to joining you all in Quitsville!

I see you made the jump to day and POSTED ROLL.  That is where the rubber meets the road on this site way to go.

It takes balls to jump in and post roll and for that I commend you.  Post roll daily and post roll early, that is your promise to quit for the day.  Get some digits and make a call if needed, we've been through this and are here to hold you accountable.  I can guarantee you one thing, this will not be easy but I promise it gets better the longer you stay quit.

Proud to quit with you today!
I say Nyles, jolly good show posting roll! Glad you're here man.  There's some links in my signature about nicotine and addiction - educate yourself man, there's a billion dollar industry whose business plan is premised upon you rolling along in ignorance. I say we blow up they're business plan!
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Morgan

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 01/04/2018
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 03:45:23 PM »
Today marks day 4 of my journey. I've tried to quit a number of times in the past, but this time is different. I've chewed for the better part of 20 years, which is shocking to think about but it's better than half of my entire life. I've been surrounded by tobacco my entire life, and just assumed it was something we all did to cope with stress. But now, I'm sick of the heartburn, stinky breath,  stained teeth, and most of all, the feeling of being reliant on something that wants to kill me. This time is different.
I appreciate everyone's comments and sharing 0f stories. You're all an inspiration. Here's to joining you all in Quitsville!

I see you made the jump to day and POSTED ROLL.  That is where the rubber meets the road on this site way to go.

It takes balls to jump in and post roll and for that I commend you.  Post roll daily and post roll early, that is your promise to quit for the day.  Get some digits and make a call if needed, we've been through this and are here to hold you accountable.  I can guarantee you one thing, this will not be easy but I promise it gets better the longer you stay quit.

Proud to quit with you today!
Roll Jack Expert

My Intro | My HOF

BTW I Use Arch

“We cannot, in a moment, get rid of habits of a lifetime.”- Mahatma Gandhi
“What lies in our power to do, lies in our power not to do.”-Aristotle
“Don’t exchange what you want most for what you want at that moment.”

Offline Nyles33

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
Let's do this
« on: January 03, 2020, 01:34:46 PM »