Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 2036 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 12:23:06 PM »
Welcome @austinc65.  There is lots of good info below.  I'll add a couple things that helped me.

Get involved.  Reading posts, HOF speeches, Intros, etc., keeps your mind occupied, teaches you about your addiction, and forces you to realize that you are not alone in this nor are your symptoms unique.  Also, get to know some of your fellow quitters.  You will eventually have many in your group but also reach out to others.  These relationships may save your quit some day.

Take out your rage HERE.  Your family, friends, co-workers, had nothing to do with your addiction and should not suffer through your recovery.  We are either in the same boat (still suffering) or we've been through it and understand what is happening.  If you want to tangle with someone, you will have no problem finding someone to tangle with on this site.

Lots more to come but most importantly STAY QUIT.  Reach out to someone long before you cave.  YOU CAN DO THIS.  PM in your box with my digits.  Hold that line brother.

PTBQWYT my friend

~HAG

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 07:24:45 AM »
I have been dipping for 10 years, mostly when working (I do data analytics) so I sit at a computer all day. I am tired of having dip cans and spit cups every where and I am tired of only thinking about dip when I can't have one when I am at a customer site. I do have a question for anyone. I stopped on my way home today to get baccoff and jerky chew. Do the no nicotine alternatives help in any way? I read one of the ways to stop dipping is to avoid triggers. I dip when I shit and when I am at my computer working or gaming. Those are kind of hard to avoid lol. any suggestions on how to make the first weeks a little easier would be appreciated.

-Austin
@austinc65 ...the first couple of weeks will suck no matter what. Plain and simple. However, first and foremost is your mindset. If your mind is truly made up, then even though it will suck, you will make it. As far as the fake stuff....it did/does help me. I am almost a year in and still keep some fake stuff for those random cravings. The best things that helped me though were exercise, lots of water and talking to guys here. I realize not everyone here is physically able to exercise but even just getting up and walking around your office building or house or whatever helps give you a reset. We are slowly re-wiring our brains both chemically and physically. We are letting the natural neurotransmitters in our brain that nicotine screwed with kick back in to normal levels. We are also teaching ourself that the reward for such and such ISNT nicotine but rather a true satisfaction. Use the fake stuff. Just try it and see how it does, if it helps, then use the hell out of it. If not, then try other things....gum, my personal favorite sweet tarts, other candy....whatever works. Everyone is a little different as to what helps fill that void. Look for it, find it, use it. But remember, never again for any reason are we putting poison in our bodies. Sorry, this is a bit long. Sometimes I get going and can’t stop. Hit me up if you have any questions.

Offline Chaotique

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 02:18:11 AM »
Congratulations @austinc65 foe stopping, for posting an intro and for posting your promise in May 2020 preHOF!  I didn’t use fake chews but I did find myself obsessively popping good ‘n plenty into my mouth or chewing gum.  If I had jerky I probably would have obsessed on that...as I do anyway from time to time.

Best thing is to connect with others here in KTC.  Post your questions.  Respond to others’ posts.  Get phone numbers and use them.

Offline austinc65

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 10:34:00 PM »
I have been dipping for 10 years, mostly when working (I do data analytics) so I sit at a computer all day. I am tired of having dip cans and spit cups every where and I am tired of only thinking about dip when I can't have one when I am at a customer site. I do have a question for anyone. I stopped on my way home today to get baccoff and jerky chew. Do the no nicotine alternatives help in any way? I read one of the ways to stop dipping is to avoid triggers. I dip when I shit and when I am at my computer working or gaming. Those are kind of hard to avoid lol. any suggestions on how to make the first weeks a little easier would be appreciated.

-Austin

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 12:40:32 PM »
@austinc65 you nailed posting roll. As @AndyCan mentioned, tell us a little bit about yourself, your using history, and honestly, anything we could do to help encourage you. Swap some numbers with some folks. Be involved. We will have your back if you let us. We take this one day at a time(ODAAT). Some of us use the phrase Never Again For Any Reason(NAFAR). We will post ODAAT and only worry about today. Worry about tomorrow if it comes. I am from the May19 quit group. I will PM you my number. Remember to ONLY share numbers through private message and not on the public forum. You got this brother.

Offline TheUndertaker

• TheUndertaker
  • Quitter
  • "Do or Do Not- There is NO TRY" - Yoda
  • Quit Date: 2019-10-18
  • Likes Given: 515
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 12:38:29 PM »
Well, Today starts day 1. Glad I found this site it helps knowing I wont be alone in the suffering.

-Austin
Hey Austin, welcome man. You’re in the right place.  Can you share a little about yourself?

You should start posting roll in the May 2020 Pre-HOF group.

Scroll down to the second post (after the instructional post), hit quote in the top right corner and write your user name and day number under new quitters below the others. Then tomorrow morning when you wake up, post there again and continue to do so each day.  We quit for the day, one day at a time (ODAAT). Please reach out to me through private message for my phone number if you would like it.  I encourage you to gather up digits from those who offer it.  Sometimes that connection with someone can save you from caving.  Glad to have you here and proud to quit with you today (PTQWYT)!

Andy

Congrats on the decision to quit being a slave to the can! We do this thing One Day At A Time.

Don't worry about "forever". No one can quit forever. Every single one of us can quit today though. Do that instead.

Sometimes it sucks though. Sometimes you have to quit for just the next hour. Or the next few minutes for that crave. Do that too.

The more contacts you have and USE, the easier this is going to be. It sounds stupid, but it works. You will be QUIT as long as you do this:

1) Wake up
2) Piss
3) Post roll
4) KEEP YOUR WORD
5) Repeat daily

Drink lots of water for the next few days. The "fog" is real, but you can push through it. I'm in it to win it- Are you?

Brandon
TheUndertaker (100 days quit)
Check your inbox for digits: Call, Text, or Send Smoke Signals before you cave
I expect yours in return ;)
Husband & Father of 4. OIF Army Veteran.

If you want digits, feel free to ask- Just know I expect yours in return. I am in it to win it- Are you?

Offline AndyCan

• Quitter
  • 17 years of dumbassery, quit, now I’m a genius
  • Quit Date: 12/19/2018
  • Interests: Weightlifting, outdoors, hiking, comedy, wife and kids
  • Likes Given: 665
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 10:44:02 AM »
Well, Today starts day 1. Glad I found this site it helps knowing I wont be alone in the suffering.

-Austin
Hey Austin, welcome man. You’re in the right place.  Can you share a little about yourself?

You should start posting roll in the May 2020 Pre-HOF group.

Scroll down to the second post (after the instructional post), hit quote in the top right corner and write your user name and day number under new quitters below the others. Then tomorrow morning when you wake up, post there again and continue to do so each day.  We quit for the day, one day at a time (ODAAT). Please reach out to me through private message for my phone number if you would like it.  I encourage you to gather up digits from those who offer it.  Sometimes that connection with someone can save you from caving.  Glad to have you here and proud to quit with you today (PTQWYT)!

Andy

Offline austinc65

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 4
New Member Introduction
« on: January 25, 2020, 10:21:38 AM »

-Austin