Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 3521 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: Hi!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 02:09:59 PM »
Texas42 here, briefly VandyMike. This is my second rodeo at KTC, want to be real up front about that. I’ve answered some tough questions to the best of my ability in my new and former groups. I don’t know how to link to them or I would. March 2021 and April 2008. I hope to get to know some of y’all over the coming years. Share some fears, some hardships, but also laughs and victories. Feel free to reach out if there’s anything I can do or to just say hi.
I'm an April man myself. Glad you're here. Not just because you're quit but that you're returning. Not a large body of statistical data regarding who leaves and stays clean - all we have are the lost returning. I've had too many just one moments to think I can stray from posting a daily promise. Would be curious to what you can share regarding how long you stayed clean and what led to the failure. Again, I'm glad that you're here. Quitting with you today.

I haven’t figured out how to link yet, but I’ve posted answers to the three questions in my original quit group from April of 2008 and my new one. Short answer is this, though, I paused dipping in 2008 after just north of 70 days. I can’t remember the specific circumstances surrounding why I failed that time, or the other times I’ve paused, except to say generally I’m an addict and I let the bike ride into the ditch pretty quickly after getting my training wheels off. The more I think about it, I think I probably lost sight of the fact that I can only do this a day at a time. Looking any further into the future than that lies madness: I get overwhelmed and it all feels impossible or I get too big for my britches and take an ass whipping from, I believe the appropriate term is, the nic bitch. But I don’t want to die, at least not for some shit in my gums, and I know myself well enough to know that I can’t do it without the support and accountability that comes from a community of folks. So thanks for the comments and the support, and if I can ever fall back asleep I will be WUPPing in a few hours to make my promise just for this day (otherwise I’ll just be PPing). I’m determined to make this one stick, but I’m not interested in anything more than this day and doing the next right thing. I’ll take the rest as it comes.

Well said Tex and welcome back.  ODAAT is KEY.  You can do just about anything for a day.  WUPP and repeat.  Keeping track of your journey and blogging it out here may also help.  Lean on this community when you run into road blocks...we'll be right here beside you holding the line.

Offline texas42

• Quitter
  • Interests: Anchor Down!
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 03:04:33 AM »
Texas42 here, briefly VandyMike. This is my second rodeo at KTC, want to be real up front about that. I’ve answered some tough questions to the best of my ability in my new and former groups. I don’t know how to link to them or I would. March 2021 and April 2008. I hope to get to know some of y’all over the coming years. Share some fears, some hardships, but also laughs and victories. Feel free to reach out if there’s anything I can do or to just say hi.
I'm an April man myself. Glad you're here. Not just because you're quit but that you're returning. Not a large body of statistical data regarding who leaves and stays clean - all we have are the lost returning. I've had too many just one moments to think I can stray from posting a daily promise. Would be curious to what you can share regarding how long you stayed clean and what led to the failure. Again, I'm glad that you're here. Quitting with you today.

I haven’t figured out how to link yet, but I’ve posted answers to the three questions in my original quit group from April of 2008 and my new one. Short answer is this, though, I paused dipping in 2008 after just north of 70 days. I can’t remember the specific circumstances surrounding why I failed that time, or the other times I’ve paused, except to say generally I’m an addict and I let the bike ride into the ditch pretty quickly after getting my training wheels off. The more I think about it, I think I probably lost sight of the fact that I can only do this a day at a time. Looking any further into the future than that lies madness: I get overwhelmed and it all feels impossible or I get too big for my britches and take an ass whipping from, I believe the appropriate term is, the nic bitch. But I don’t want to die, at least not for some shit in my gums, and I know myself well enough to know that I can’t do it without the support and accountability that comes from a community of folks. So thanks for the comments and the support, and if I can ever fall back asleep I will be WUPPing in a few hours to make my promise just for this day (otherwise I’ll just be PPing). I’m determined to make this one stick, but I’m not interested in anything more than this day and doing the next right thing. I’ll take the rest as it comes.

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1654
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 06:47:37 AM »
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2277
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 04:41:09 PM »

Welcome back to the fold, texas42. I've read your responses to the three questions and appreciate your honesty. As I'm sure you're going to be told at some point by others, you never quit; you just paused for a few stretches. This time, let's QUIT, as in THE END, NO MORE, DONE, FINITO, PERIOD, END OF STORY. You can do this ODAAT.

We have your back; just don't leave us hanging.
GS9502 - 288 NAFAR
@texas42 digits coming your way. Use them as needed. Remember what you did that worked and avoid what you did that cost you being 10 years quit. Focus on today. We can deal with tomorrow when it comes.
Jan19

Offline GS9502

• Quitting MoFo
  • "A Little Bit Off"
  • Quit Date: 02/28/2020
  • Interests: Georgia Southern football and baseball, outdoor stuff, movies, music
  • Likes Given: 270
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 09:52:47 AM »

Welcome back to the fold, texas42. I've read your responses to the three questions and appreciate your honesty. As I'm sure you're going to be told at some point by others, you never quit; you just paused for a few stretches. This time, let's QUIT, as in THE END, NO MORE, DONE, FINITO, PERIOD, END OF STORY. You can do this ODAAT.

We have your back; just don't leave us hanging.
GS9502 - 288 NAFAR
Renegade of Quit
"For my purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and the baths of all the western stars, until I die." - Ulysses, Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Offline texas42

• Quitter
  • Interests: Anchor Down!
  • Likes Given: 83
Hi!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 06:55:01 AM »

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4371
Re: Day 1
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 09:15:49 PM »
This is my second time to use this forum. First time was years ago and I'm not certain about my prior username (I think Texas4242). I PM'ed @chewie to see if he could help me figure it out. Just want to be upfront with folks. I want to quit and need the help/support/accountability, and will provide same to anyone that I'm able to. Anyway, just wanted to drop everyone a note and say hello. I haven't hand any nicotine today, and I'm not going to either. ODAAT. Posted roll a few minutes ago.

Thank you for your honesty Mike. The Admins are working your accounts merging them into one.  Your old screen name of texas42 will be your name once they are done. They should be in contact with you soon.
@VandyMike I sent you a PM. Let's get this account thing squared away so you can focus on quitting.

Glad you found your way back.
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1614
Re: Day 1
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 07:17:52 PM »
This is my second time to use this forum. First time was years ago and I'm not certain about my prior username (I think Texas4242). I PM'ed @chewie to see if he could help me figure it out. Just want to be upfront with folks. I want to quit and need the help/support/accountability, and will provide same to anyone that I'm able to. Anyway, just wanted to drop everyone a note and say hello. I haven't hand any nicotine today, and I'm not going to either. ODAAT. Posted roll a few minutes ago.

Thank you for your honesty Mike. The Admins are working your accounts merging them into one.  Your old screen name of texas42 will be your name once they are done. They should be in contact with you soon.

If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

VandyMike

Hi!
« on: December 10, 2020, 06:19:33 PM »