Author Topic: It Is Time  (Read 14426 times)

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
Re: It Is Time
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2020, 05:37:35 PM »
@BrianG .  Thanks for recording your quit in here.  I have to say, out of all the reading I've done on the site, I was able to relate to your story the most...so far at least.  Lots of reading left to do.  Cried my way through some of your 200 day post.  You were able to articulate what I am feeling better than I can.

Again, thanks for taking the time to write down your experiences and feelings.  You've recharged my quit and given me more confidence that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

~HAG

Offline Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 1619
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2020, 05:13:01 PM »
3 years quit

Another milestone met!  I read back through this thread and a lot of memories come flooding back.  Some good, some bad, but everyone was a step along the way to be quit.  All those issues I had early on are a memory now.  Life is good and the quit is strong.  Time does wonders for the psyche.   Thank you all for being an important part of me being and staying quit.   I am forever grateful.

If reading this and still dipping....today is a great day to be quit.  Start your day count and quit today and worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Lots of great people here who will support you with everything they got.

No More Excuses!!
Congrats @BrianG . Three years is super impressive.
Jan19

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2020, 12:50:17 PM »
3 years quit

Another milestone met!  I read back through this thread and a lot of memories come flooding back.  Some good, some bad, but everyone was a step along the way to be quit.  All those issues I had early on are a memory now.  Life is good and the quit is strong.  Time does wonders for the psyche.   Thank you all for being an important part of me being and staying quit.   I am forever grateful.

If reading this and still dipping....today is a great day to be quit.  Start your day count and quit today and worry about tomorrow when it gets here. Lots of great people here who will support you with everything they got.

No More Excuses!!
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2019, 10:38:54 AM »
Are you quitting tomorrow or are you actually going to quit?  These introductions are loaded with people who have 1 post saying tomorrow.  We never see them again...

I Will Quit Tomorrow – Epilogue For Ricky

Tomorrow

I have been thinking a lot about my quit this weekend. I had a friend and neighbor in Atlanta for 14 years, his son was a year older than my son. We moved there when he was one year old. So my son and Ricky’s son played together all the time and he and I became good friends. We would work in our yards, have a few beers, he would smoke and I would dip – see I started dipping after I moved to this house. Well Ricky is just your average family guy – wife 2 kids and a small landscaping company. On Saturdays we would hang out on his back patio and watch the wives play tennis and we would drink and bull shit. He would tell me I needed to quit Skoal before I got hooked on it and I would tell him to quit smoking. Well he always said he would quit tomorrow and he even did quit a couple of times for a few days. He knew he needed to quit, his dad died of lung cancer and he wanted to be around for his family.

WELL TOMORROW NEVER CAME!!! On early Friday morning Ricky (55yrs young) passed away from lung cancer leaving his wife and 2 kids and a grandson alone. Think about how fortunate we are for living in tomorrow. Our tomorrow is here today and we have the complete control to keep tomorrow here today. What do you think Ricky would have given the day he was told he had lung cancer to turn the clock back to a time before the cancer started, say maybe 100 days or so? I think he would have given everything he had to quit and not have cancer. Well we don’t have to give anything to have what he would have paid a million bucks for – to be nicotine and cancer free. So tomorrow is here today – 24 hours with your little nicotine friend tapping at the door telling you she loves you and to let her in. Remember, we are not quitting dip – we have quit. Shut the door for today and repeat that again tomorrow and so on. Take the opportunity that you have provided for yourself and stay quit for you, stay quit for your family and friends!

Cancer affects more people than just the dying victim. Sure Ricky died in a great deal of pain, he had lost over 100 pounds and could not get out of bed for over a month. His wife had to leave work to assist her husband. A once upper middle class family is now in dyer straights. The announcement asked for flowers not to be sent, instead it requested donations for the family.

NICOTINE WILL KILL YOU AND DEVASTATE YOUR FAMILY!

--FranPro

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2019, 10:22:00 AM »
Wednesday, April 24
Links to Stuff
BMFer HOF Speeches

SHOUT OUT TO JADE FOR MAKING SURE THE BMF'ers WERE POSTED UP RIGHT!

'HOF Train'

'Bubble' Epistrophius & Bags 'Bubble'

In an open forum like this, it's easy to get sidetracked by the constant barrage of “tough love” and “accountability” that some of those more vociferous Vets can dish out. And then there's those quiet giants like BrianG who sit quietly in the back of the room and impart knowledge without being the center of attention. I was drawn to Brian's no non-sense approach to quitting and humble nature early on in my quit. So for today's trip, pull up a chair and listen in on a conversation with one of my mentors. Welcome BrianG.

Brian, Tell us a little about your dip history...
I grew up in a farm community in Indiana.  Most of my friends did some form of tobacco.  I became a regular everyday user around the age of 15.  35 years later, I found KTC.  I shake my head every time I tell someone 35 years. 

Why did you choose to quit?
People with a lot  less time using than that have encountered issues. I am a little bit of a hypochondriac so I cant tell you how many times I knew I had cancer. I hated that feeling.  It was time.

You recently celebrated 800 days, What are some of the keys to your success?
My first key to success was finding KTC.  I wanted to quit badly, but wasnt sure how to do it.  I rarely made it passed a few days in my previous attempts at quitting. KTC provided a path that was different from anything I have ever tried before.  Once here, I started exchanging texts with others in my group.  The thing that made all this real for me was when my fellow Underdog Samrs called me.  We are a few days a part and both were feeling like crap.  I found that it is a lot easier to put up with the pains of quitting when you know someone else is going through the same.  I am a competitive person so once I made it through the first week or so, I knew I would make it to 100 days. 

It was what happens next that scared me.  I decided to stick around and help the new groups forming.  I was privileged enough to be asked to conduct June '17.  That kept me coming back. I have met around 20 people on this site face to face.  Some great people here. All of these things helped me stay quit, but the main thing is I took tobacco off the table.  It was no longer an option.  Once I got that mindset, thoughts of tobacco diminished in time even though the fight to overcome the pains of quitting were still present.  I still like to come back and read the newest group on KTC just to reinforce that I will never do a day 1 again. 

Brian, you've been pretty honest about the fact that you didn't really have a “grasp on your quit” until around day 225. If you had it to do over again, what would you do differently?
Early on, my focus was how to quit tobacco and not have to deal with this site anymore.  It was hard for me to understand a guy like Ready or any other guy with 3000 plus days quit andstill posting roll.  I would ask them why they do it and at the time, their answers didn't make sense to me.  As I reached a higher day count, those words from the vets started to make sense to me.  This is what got me to finally take control of a 35 year addiction.  Why would I want to risk a let down and come back and have my friends shun me for failing to keep my word.  So to answer the question directly, I would not be so eager to want to leave the site.  It works and the friendships made mean a lot to me.

Thanks for yor time Brian, I always appreciate your insight. What advice would you give these new HOF inductees?
Stay Focused.  You are not done yet, not even close.  I did not feel like I had a grasp on my quit until about day 225 or so.  At that time I decided to stop blaming my no longer using tobacco for every little problem that came along. As Cbird would say, OWN IT.  Remember what day 1 felt like.  Remember why you quit in the first place.   Dont be so eager to leave this place.  I think too many people think they have finished the program at day 100.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  I would challenge this April group to become the new leaders of KTC.  My final piece of advice, pay it forward to the next person who comes along looking for guidance on how to quit.  Nothing strengthened my quit more than helping another person who was struggling.

Awesome Brain, I want to thank you for your time today, and personally thank you for being a strong part of my quit. Any time I struggle, I search the archives for your posts.
   You're welcome Epistrophius.  And I want to thank you and Bags for doing a great job and allowing me this opportunity to hopefully give you some things to think about.  I am easy to find and always looking to make another friend if you need some support.  The quit continues...

'40' Who's doing good?'40'

Roll Call!
Athan - 479 with April '19, their awesome conductors, and BrianG.  Hear Hear!
EnuffSnuff - 109, Hear Hear!
TheWolf89 - 113 - dealing with stress without the help of nicotine these days
Datrill 99 ODAAT
BG 111 looking forward to reading everyone's HOF SPEECHES. Get em in boys....please
ES - 109 with my April boys and Epi and Bags, thanks fellas! I, too, want to read some more HOF speeches...
Kerbycl9-106 days (BUMP FIX)
Jade 112 days. Thanks Brian, great story!
tlhorrocks - 96
Clary245 -Day 104
Longbow66-101 Great words BrianG
Zoe-Day 106
Erik17 - 112 with BMFers
Rjtracy - 98- not today.(BUMP FIX)
Hoosierswin523 - 115 quit with you all. Thanks BrianG..
Epistrophius- quit with y'all on 175
Hoffaman - 105 a and quit again with all of April
mayfly 120.  We're just at the first rest area of an neverending road trip.  Buckle up BMF'ers!
Hilltop 119 Great stuff Brian! PTQW all of you today.
Good2go-99-Qlf with April today
chris2alaska 462 and Quit - Nice interview by BrianG.  He is a total bad ass quitter.
Mn rider- 108 with April
Skol- 478 with my man Brian, nice work condicktors
Dml_Grizz. 120. Odaat
Andrewaxp86-day 102
CapsFan - Day 102 - Quit today!
Josh 109
hank40 - 114 (pickup)
mikeWK - Day 106 - Quit today.
Dipperjoe - 99 days.  For some reason, my post didn't go through this morning.  Thanks ES and Hilltop for checking in.  I smell a HoF coming!

'shortbus' Who's coming with us? 'shortbus' Scott B. - 159 with April
INKcogKNEEdough 1,660 with hoosierswin and april
Bone -1766- With HT, BG, and MF! Solid quitters, all.
Jpquit 919 great insight up there
Shake- 192 Quit with ES and all the BMF’ers
AW 93- EDD
NoMark 216
MonsterEMT - 1,880
JRan - 690 with April and their conductors
Sean Fiske 301 with Andrewaxp86 and all of April
Gunnar 75 with April
keith0617  202
Samrs - 835
fishflorida-1066^^ with that dude and April HOFers
Pky1520 day 1088 with April and the Conductors
Croak 302 with Hilltop and the Conductors!
Copequits 290 with Hoosierswin and the conductors... awesome write up today!
MUPig 1837 with BMFers on their HoF and the conductors
25yd-53 with the BMF'ers today
Mike1966 1,102 Great read and great advice! April HOFers, you're not cured at 100, you've still got some tuff days in your future. Don't abandon ship!
Nick T 227 with April and their Conductors
AddictArchitect 338 with ES & EnuffSnuff, Mayfly and Andrewaxp86
BrianG 827 with all of April today
Rick Jr 92 Congrats!
Falcon67 - 604 Congrats to all of the new HOFers -- Nice work Conductors!
DesertDweller 242 quit with April and the conductors
oldschool 199 with April
batdad quit 842 days in a row
Bags - 177 with the BMFers - congrats HOFers
SRains918 - 573 and QLF with the new HOF'ers and the conductors!
Sand44 - 190 with Bug Guy and those conductors
FoodBuzz -480- With BugGuy, Brian, and JADE! TY let’s keep the quit going!
Gdubya 2069
FLLIP 1007 - super quit wisdom, BrianG!!!  And keep up the great work, Conductors!  With Mayfly, ES and APRIL!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It is Time
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2018, 11:08:00 PM »
Quote from: Capital70
Thanks for not giving up on me! Conratulations on 600!!!!
Well done there.. Dancing bear.
I quit with you Sir.
Rawls
I believe.....

Offline Capital70

• Quitter
  • ODDAAT And Lovin It!
  • Quit Date: May 27, 2018
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2018, 03:42:00 PM »
Thanks for not giving up on me! Conratulations on 600!!!!
Capital70
Quit Date May 27th, 2018
HOF September 3rd, 2018
Intro/Quit Journey
HOF Speech- I Get To
"The more I sacrifice, the harder it is to surrender"
"F#*k man, just post roll and keep your promise" -batdad
Quitters I've Met- 69Franx, Wiesman71, McDave, Jeidi1991
Bad asses quit....everyone else stays addicted

Offline quitNWinay

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/18/2018, and every fuckin day ever since!
  • Likes Given: 496
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2018, 03:14:00 PM »
Quote from: BrianG
Day 600

Day 600 and all is good. I wish all those guys early in their quit, or the guy yet to quit, knew what it felt like to be quit for 600 days. The struggle is worth it if you can hang on. It took some real faith in those early days to believe the vets who said it got better. Just seemed to take forever!! Hang in there guys, better days ahead!!
Congratulations on the neat number, Brother... I wrote the same thing about things getting better, in the morning! 600 quit days is inspirational! Proud to quit with you EDD ODAAT!!!
I am a caver...

Can't quit quitting!

Proud member of October 2018 Quit Group

Best soothing music when anxiety hits you hard - https://youtu.be/WFrAB5nBbNY

Offline Leonidas

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Schizophrenic Born Again Problem Child
  • Likes Given: 1186
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2018, 03:08:00 PM »
Quote from: BrianG
Day 600

Day 600 and all is good. I wish all those guys early in their quit, or the guy yet to quit, knew what it felt like to be quit for 600 days. The struggle is worth it if you can hang on. It took some real faith in those early days to believe the vets who said it got better. Just seemed to take forever!! Hang in there guys, better days ahead!!
Congratulations Brian!!
Nothing Gold Can Stay

"When I grow up, I'm gonna grow a Man Bun!!!" - MNxEngineer314

"Yes I'm a weasel, but look! My name's RED!!!" - walterwhite

"Matt....Da_mon...." - Palpatine

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2018, 02:53:00 PM »
Day 600

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2018, 06:26:00 PM »
Tired of always trying to find this stuff...

My HOF Speech
Skoal Monster Roll Posts
Skoal Monster Intro
30's quit resources
30's intro
Ready on leaving site

Stone Cold Steve Austin Quit -- Here

Brent's Story -- Here

Is Cold Turkey The Way To Go -- Here

Never Again For Any Reason -- Here

Offline FLLipOut

• Master of Quit
  • Lady Arsonist
  • Quit Date: 07/22/16
  • Likes Given: 2555
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2018, 10:06:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: skolvikings
Quote from: Athan
Bravo Golf Four Niner Niner you are cleared for approach runway Five Zero Zero...
Congrats on 500 sir!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome 500 briang!
Belated congrats on that half dangle! 'party'

Great posts here in your intro, too!!!
Just one and you will be back to where you started, and where you started was desperately wishing you were where you are now.
"The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" - Samwise Gamgee
HOF: 10.29.16 | FL 2: 02.06.17 | FL 3: 05.17.17 | Y1: 07.22.17 | FL 4: 08.25.17 | FL 5: 12.03.17 | FL 6: 03.13.18 | FL 7: 06.21.18 | Y2: 07.22.18 | FL 8: 09.29.18 | FL 9: 01.07.19 | COMMA , : 04.17.19 | Y3: 07.22.19 | FL 11: 07.26.19 | FL 12: 11.03.19 | FL 13: 02.11.20 | FL 14: 05.21.20 | Y4: 07.22.20 | FL 15: 08.29.20  | FL 16: 12.07.20 | FL 17: 03.17.21 | FL 18: 06.25.21 | Y5: 07.22.21 | FL 19: 06.25.21 | FL 20 ,, : 01.11.22 | FL 21: 04.21.22 | Y6: 07.22.22 | FL 22: 07.30.22 | FL 23: 11.07.22 | FL 24: 02.15.23 | FL 25: 05.26.23 | Y7: 07.22.23 | FL 26: 09.03.23 | FL 27: 12.12.23 | FL 28: 03.21.24

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2018, 02:09:00 AM »
Quote from: skolvikings
Bravo Golf Four Niner Niner you are cleared for approach runway Five Zero Zero...
Awesome 500 briang!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline Skolvikings

• 86 Poison
  • Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.
  • Quit Date: 01/02/2018
  • Interests: Mortgage Professional, Foodie, Golf, Guns, Beer, Vikings Football, Cornhuskers Football, My Amazing Wife
  • Likes Given: 970
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2018, 01:50:00 PM »
Be humble... grow everyday.

I fear I will always be chasing the vortex like a drug. None will be as special as my first hit.

MY HOF SPEECH

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1651
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2018, 06:35:00 PM »
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer