Author Topic: Tossing My Stash  (Read 2809 times)

Online Keith0617

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: October 5, 2018
  • Likes Given: 2028
Re: Tossing My Stash
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 11:05:06 AM »
@KodiakKillinMe

Hey brother.  Glad you made it back in here.  I read your reply and it's a good start.  I wanted to reach out to tell you that everyone here has faltered.  This is hard.  If it were easy, there would be no need for KTC.  We've all caved at some point.  We understand where you are at.

That being said, you are about to take some serious heat in here.  Quitters who cave make it easier for others to cave.  Thankfully I don't think you made your promise before you caved.  That takes it to a new level.  Either way, folks are going to rage at you and rant about how weak you are.  Some may even call you some nasty names.  Hold the line my friend.  These guys are motivated by the chance to save your life.  For some, it is a strange way to show it but I assure you it's the truth.  Stick it out.  Be humble.  Force their words to motivate you into being more involved.  I firmly believe that you will eventually be thankful for their perseverance. 

PM'd you with my number if you want some more accountability.  Hold that line....with everything you have.

PTBQWYT my friend.

Thanks for the kind words. For now I think DAWGS can keep me accountable. For me it’s easier to have one person to talk to. Next time I feel like caving I’ll text him right away.

Understood.  You got this man.  Reach out any time.

It may be helpful for you to have more than one quitter to talk to.  You may be sitting in front of the C-store with money in hand and need to make a call to save your quit.  What if @Dawgs is in a meeting with the boss?  Or in church?  Or hanging from the ceiling fan, doing some of that weirdo California style yoga?  What if he doesn't pick up the phone?  Dawgs is solid, and a great guy to have in your corner, but he's one guy and he has to sleep sometime.  If you only have one number, you're out of lifelines.  I'd suggest to pick 2 or 3 more quitters that you really resonate with and grab their numbers.  Text daily promises, talk about life, become friends.  Then when that day comes, and it will...you'll be prepared for the fight with your friends.
Excellent advice. Quality over quantity but you need more than 1. Shoot me a message with digits and I'll reply with mine if you want.
Jan19

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 08:49:27 AM »
@KodiakKillinMe

Hey brother.  Glad you made it back in here.  I read your reply and it's a good start.  I wanted to reach out to tell you that everyone here has faltered.  This is hard.  If it were easy, there would be no need for KTC.  We've all caved at some point.  We understand where you are at.

That being said, you are about to take some serious heat in here.  Quitters who cave make it easier for others to cave.  Thankfully I don't think you made your promise before you caved.  That takes it to a new level.  Either way, folks are going to rage at you and rant about how weak you are.  Some may even call you some nasty names.  Hold the line my friend.  These guys are motivated by the chance to save your life.  For some, it is a strange way to show it but I assure you it's the truth.  Stick it out.  Be humble.  Force their words to motivate you into being more involved.  I firmly believe that you will eventually be thankful for their perseverance. 

PM'd you with my number if you want some more accountability.  Hold that line....with everything you have.

PTBQWYT my friend.

Thanks for the kind words. For now I think DAWGS can keep me accountable. For me it’s easier to have one person to talk to. Next time I feel like caving I’ll text him right away.

It may be helpful for you to have more than one quitter to talk to.  You may be sitting in front of the C-store with money in hand and need to make a call to save your quit.  What if @Dawgs is in a meeting with the boss?  Or in church?  Or hanging from the ceiling fan, doing some of that weirdo California style yoga?  What if he doesn't pick up the phone?  Dawgs is solid, and a great guy to have in your corner, but he's one guy and he has to sleep sometime.  If you only have one number, you're out of lifelines.  I'd suggest to pick 2 or 3 more quitters that you really resonate with and grab their numbers.  Text daily promises, talk about life, become friends.  Then when that day comes, and it will...you'll be prepared for the fight with your friends. 

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 16 July, 2019
  • Likes Given: 825
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 07:11:00 PM »
@KodiakKillinMe

PTBQWYT my friend.

Offline KodiakKillinMe

• Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 07:07:29 PM »
@KodiakKillinMe

PTBQWYT my friend.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 07:03:54 PM »
@KodiakKillinMe

PTBQWYT my friend.

Offline Dawgs

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2/5/2019
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 06:07:34 PM »
@KodiakKillinMe check your inbox. I left some things there for you. Glad to have you here.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 05:35:34 PM »
Ok, I think I posted roll correctly.

Strong work @KodiakKillinMe  on posting.  Now all you need to do is repeat tomorrow.  It's not easy but it's simple.  We WUPP (Wake Up, Piss, Post) here with very few exceptions.  Make your promise early so there is no wiggle room. 

Start to get to know your fellow quitters in the May '20 group.  These are the folks that are going to hunt you down when you don't post and hold you accountable to your promise....as you will do for them.  It may seem strange but it works.  Spill your guts on the May '20 page or in here (Intros).  I find it helps to write things down and it also helps others to read what you are experiencing. 

Way too much info already so I'll stop.  Reach out for anything you may need.  Good luck brother.

Offline KodiakKillinMe

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 05:13:49 PM »
Ok, I think I posted roll correctly.

Offline EXBEARHAG

• Quit Pro
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 04:45:29 PM »
Hi,

I’m a 29 year old Male living in the US Northeast. I came across this site and decided I should quit the dip after all. I usually use snus at work and dip at night and on weekends. When I started a couple years ago I thought I was doing myself a favor because I was quitting smoking. Truthfully, my nicotine addiction is probably much worse now.

I find this site a little confusing to navigate but I’m looking to make a commitment. I’m throwing out my Kodiak stash and even the stealth snus in my jacket pocket right now.

Thanks,
KKM

Hey @KodiakKillinMe  .  Welcome aboard.  Make your way to the May '20 quit group: https://ktcforum.org/index.php?topic=16257.0

Find the most recent roll page with this heading:
"May 2020 QUIT GROUP
For quit dates between 1/23/2020 and 2/22/2020

Saturday, February 1, 2020"

Tap "quote" in top right hand corner and post your name, day count, and promise in the top (New BAD ### Quitters) group.  Repeat tomorrow.

Hunker down.  Drink as much water as possible.  Physical activity helps for most.  Rage in here on the boards and not at your friends, family, co-workers, etc.  We can take it and will most likely rage right back.  Read as much as you can on the site.  Make as many connections as you can.  My number is a PM away.  Much more but all in good time.  Hold the line my friend.

PTBQWYT

~HAG

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 04:44:39 PM »
Welcome. Go to the May Quit Group and learn to post roll. That’s how we stay quit.

Offline KodiakKillinMe

Tossing My Stash
« on: February 01, 2020, 04:29:32 PM »
Hi,

I’m a 29 year old Male living in the US Northeast. I came across this site and decided I should quit the dip after all. I usually use snus at work and dip at night and on weekends. When I started a couple years ago I thought I was doing myself a favor because I was quitting smoking. Truthfully, my nicotine addiction is probably much worse now.

I find this site a little confusing to navigate but I’m looking to make a commitment. I’m throwing out my Kodiak stash and even the stealth snus in my jacket pocket right now.

Thanks,
KKM