Author Topic: It Is Time  (Read 16420 times)

Offline conecrusherman

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/25/17
  • Likes Given: 52
Re: It is Time
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
BrianG

Keep up the great work...you probably don't know this but you are a major reason I am still quit....you reached out to me and gave me your digits even though I was not in your group.

I will be forever grateful

Quit on brother!
Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. - Vince Lombardi

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2017, 02:54:00 PM »
Enjoy the GREAT days, you earned them! Congrats on 64 days quit! Hell, most people can't quit for one afternoon. That makes you a bad ass!

Offline Jubs

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, sports, food, music, and naps.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2017, 10:35:00 PM »
Quote from: BrianG
Day 64

I finally came out of the last funk on day 52 or so. That was a bad week for sure. I found the comments interesting that this is normal. A funk somewhere between 45-65 days. I think that shows what kind of pull nicotine can have on a person. Think about that, 50 days after stopping nicotine, it is still effecting my mental state. Think about that the next time someone says that the tobacco helps me relax. The only thing tobacco does is satisfy your nicotine withdrawal. The withdrawal is what is making you tense. The lies we tell ourselves in order to keep the addiction going. Never Again For Any Reason.

The cool thing is that after the funk was over on day 52 or so, I have felt great. Not good or OK, but GREAT! My head feels clear. I can think. I feel great. I know I am not out of the woods yet as far the Funk is concerned, but I will enjoy this for now.

The Quit Continues.
This is great, and I'm glad you're feeling good!
Think about that the next time someone says that the tobacco helps me relax. The only thing tobacco does is satisfy your nicotine withdrawal. The withdrawal is what is making you tense. The lies we tell ourselves in order to keep the addiction going.
I really liked this, I had never thought of it this way, to be honest.

Congrats on 64 days, that's a great accomplishment. Keep doing what you do, inspiring others, and continue to be a BAQ.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2017, 06:50:00 PM »
Day 64

I finally came out of the last funk on day 52 or so. That was a bad week for sure. I found the comments interesting that this is normal. A funk somewhere between 45-65 days. I think that shows what kind of pull nicotine can have on a person. Think about that, 50 days after stopping nicotine, it is still effecting my mental state. Think about that the next time someone says that the tobacco helps me relax. The only thing tobacco does is satisfy your nicotine withdrawal. The withdrawal is what is making you tense. The lies we tell ourselves in order to keep the addiction going. Never Again For Any Reason.

The cool thing is that after the funk was over on day 52 or so, I have felt great. Not good or OK, but GREAT! My head feels clear. I can think. I feel great. I know I am not out of the woods yet as far the Funk is concerned, but I will enjoy this for now.

The Quit Continues.
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2017, 03:13:00 PM »
Day 50

Felt good to post day 50 today. The roller coaster that I have been on for the last 50 days has been interesting to say the least.
Thanks to everyone for the support over this time. It means a lot.

The quit continues...

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2017, 09:59:00 PM »
To echo what these guys said, this is a stage and a very common one. You're tired of quitting. The early exictement has given way to a depressing lull. Maybe some people who you had connected with have caved and let you down.

This is all normal and I promise that it too will get better and you will feel good about your quit again. I can also promise that there will be more periods of quit fatigue and at times the fight might not seem worth it. But it will be. You have to put one foot in front of the other and keep making  keeping that promise.

You don't have to spent all your time on KTC - if you're exhausted with it, there's no shame in posting  ghosting for a little while (as long as you're still on roll). The support and the community will always be here, as long as you hold up your end of the bargain.

I can tell you that after over 300 days, I've gone through several cycles of fatigue and excitement. But success comes through consistent commitment and maintenance of your quit tools.

Offline scottludwig

• Quitter
  • it’s good to be quit w the cult
  • Quit Date: November 2, 2016
  • Interests: I will not live the second half of my adult life with nicotine in my body
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2017, 07:55:00 PM »
He's right about the waves of suck. They come out of nowhere and land on you like a ton of bricks. Your fighting a great fight! You're going to succeed odaat and get through this. It's the only decision that can be made. You're one more day free of the chains. Think about all of the good in your quit and remember this suck when craves sneak into your head. You're Quit today and that's bad ass.

Offline melted1

• Quitter
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »
Keep up the good fight Brian.

I'm only 218 days into my quit but I can tell you it gets easier.

You are entering the 2nd wave of hell that usually happens between day 45-65. Sounds like yours is early which is a good thing(though it probably doesn't seem that way).

I can tell you I was an irritable mess and my wife was none too happy with me, but once it passes you are going to feel great.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »
Quit Day 49.

posted this in my April 2017 group.

Maybe posting will help. Man, I have hit the wall of funk or something. It started Friday, and has just wore me out. I have seen others post about this and kinda thought it would not happen to me. It is not cravings for tobacco, it is the mental fatigue and this just makes me tired. Getting the day 3 fog feeling. I am starting to hate this site and coming here. I type that with a little smile knowing that I have no choice but to come here. I must keep fighting the good fight. I dont know, just putting it out there. Maybe seeing me whine will make me man up and get on with the program....

The quit continues..

This is just one of those things that suck about quitting. I cant focus on anything and I am easily distracted. I think it is better today, but not 100% yet. I tried making this post a few days ago and just could not do it. I could not think enough to put my thoughts into words. These last few days just make me thankful that I am that much farther from day 1 and it makes me realize there is more work to do. It is amazing the swings that your mental state can take in a short amount of time. One day you are kicking ass and the next you just want to cry. Anyway, the quit continues...

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2017, 11:01:00 AM »
Quote from: pky1520
Day 36 Quit.

So, after 36 days on this site, you start to figure a few things out. In not particular order...

1. I need this site. There is no way I make it to day 36 without KTC. I have said that I do not understand it. I do not need to understand it. It just works. I make a promise each day not to use tobacco to a bunch of people I do not know. I have made that same promise to my wife, my kids, family and friends. I have broken that promise every time to them. I have broken that promise so often, my wife just kinda nodded her head when I said I have finally quit this time...I found a website! ya, a website is going to save me... Again, it just works.

2. You will find the best reading material on this site. It is almost like somebody is writing your life story and you found it on the internet. I really thought some of the experiences that I had with dipping were mine alone. Turns out, I am just another tool who thought dipping was cool or I am not alone in being scared that i will get cancer. Some of the writings on this site are just master pieces, capturing exactly what I was trying to express in my own quit. I have literally cried reading some of the post just because of how close to home they have hit. I have a lot of reading still to do, but I encourage everyone to take some time and read. You will find someone that you can relate to.

3. Getting Digits. This one through me a little bit. First few days, I got some PMs giving me their number and asking for mine. I stared at the screen a little bit and thought this cant be a good idea. I just went and looked at the names. Miker0351 was the first and I noticed, that I did not send my number back to him. I will do that after this post. What I have found out is this is everything on this site. Sure, we post roll everyday, but that is the minimum we can do. building the relationships with others is what it is all about. I finally gave my number to Samrs. Best move I ever made. it broke the ice. Sam and i texted some and then he called me. It was not long before I was giving my number out like a lawyer in a hospital. I text somebody on my list everyday. I have had great phone conversations with people. I am still collecting digits as often as I can. It personalizes the promise to not use tobacco today. When i make that promise, I am thinking of Sam and the rest of April.

4. Quitters are going to find a way to quit and cavers are going to find a way to cave (30yrAddict). My group in April currently has around 65 people posting roll. I am one of the youngest quits at 36 days and the oldest has about 55 days. We have lost around 50-60 people since the April group started. A lot of them were gone before I even got to the group. I assume there were a lot of New Year Resolution guys signing up(We have all been there, right?) Now I have no way of knowing for sure who is going to quit and who is going to cave. There will be surprises both ways. What I do know is that there are people that are doing things that make me believe they will not make it. I have read a lot on this site, A LOT. There is a theme to be found. The people that do more than the minimum of posting roll each day have a better shot of not caving. When you see people who have post totals that equal their days quit, then you know that they are not being active in your group. I cant say that these people will cave, but it does go against the theme of this site. I find it hard to believe that anyone who just post roll and makes no other contributions to the group is going to be here after 100 days. You do not have to read a lot to know that this is not a path for success. My point is, I have learned that people who want to quit get involved with their quit.

5. Everyone on this site is not an asshole. Most people would describe me as a nice guy. I said most... I usually give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their intentions. My first few days here, I thought this place was crawling with assholes. I mean that I had to look hard to find a nice guy. Another nice guy and I actually had a back and forth that maybe this site was not for us...Heck, we are nice guys. I thought that I would stick around and see if it got better. Well, it did. I have found that the good guys/gals outnumber the assholes. As I get stronger in my quit, I am starting to realize the ratio is growing each day in favor of the good guys.

Those may be MY top 5 of the things I have learned about my quit and KTC since joining 36 days ago. I am still young in my quit and hope to learn much more from the valuable assets that this site offers.
Awesome observations Brian! You hit the nail on the head with how to succeed here.

Your group will almost certainly shrink before you hit 100, and then again after, but a core group of solid people will stick with you.

You'll learn some new things as you start to add up days, some good some bad. Like reaching out to new quitters can be just as rewarding as your own success, and that the struggle really truly doesn't end at 100 days. But don't worry about that, you'll get there.

Looking forward to seeing you succeed!
This. Is. Simply. Awesome!!!!

Way to reach back and help others!

Well done Sir!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »
Day 36 Quit.

So, after 36 days on this site, you start to figure a few things out. In not particular order...

1. I need this site. There is no way I make it to day 36 without KTC. I have said that I do not understand it. I do not need to understand it. It just works. I make a promise each day not to use tobacco to a bunch of people I do not know. I have made that same promise to my wife, my kids, family and friends. I have broken that promise every time to them. I have broken that promise so often, my wife just kinda nodded her head when I said I have finally quit this time...I found a website! ya, a website is going to save me... Again, it just works.

2. You will find the best reading material on this site. It is almost like somebody is writing your life story and you found it on the internet. I really thought some of the experiences that I had with dipping were mine alone. Turns out, I am just another tool who thought dipping was cool or I am not alone in being scared that i will get cancer. Some of the writings on this site are just master pieces, capturing exactly what I was trying to express in my own quit. I have literally cried reading some of the post just because of how close to home they have hit. I have a lot of reading still to do, but I encourage everyone to take some time and read. You will find someone that you can relate to.

3. Getting Digits. This one through me a little bit. First few days, I got some PMs giving me their number and asking for mine. I stared at the screen a little bit and thought this cant be a good idea. I just went and looked at the names. Miker0351 was the first and I noticed, that I did not send my number back to him. I will do that after this post. What I have found out is this is everything on this site. Sure, we post roll everyday, but that is the minimum we can do. building the relationships with others is what it is all about. I finally gave my number to Samrs. Best move I ever made. it broke the ice. Sam and i texted some and then he called me. It was not long before I was giving my number out like a lawyer in a hospital. I text somebody on my list everyday. I have had great phone conversations with people. I am still collecting digits as often as I can. It personalizes the promise to not use tobacco today. When i make that promise, I am thinking of Sam and the rest of April.

4. Quitters are going to find a way to quit and cavers are going to find a way to cave (30yrAddict). My group in April currently has around 65 people posting roll. I am one of the youngest quits at 36 days and the oldest has about 55 days. We have lost around 50-60 people since the April group started. A lot of them were gone before I even got to the group. I assume there were a lot of New Year Resolution guys signing up(We have all been there, right?) Now I have no way of knowing for sure who is going to quit and who is going to cave. There will be surprises both ways. What I do know is that there are people that are doing things that make me believe they will not make it. I have read a lot on this site, A LOT. There is a theme to be found. The people that do more than the minimum of posting roll each day have a better shot of not caving. When you see people who have post totals that equal their days quit, then you know that they are not being active in your group. I cant say that these people will cave, but it does go against the theme of this site. I find it hard to believe that anyone who just post roll and makes no other contributions to the group is going to be here after 100 days. You do not have to read a lot to know that this is not a path for success. My point is, I have learned that people who want to quit get involved with their quit.

5. Everyone on this site is not an asshole. Most people would describe me as a nice guy. I said most... I usually give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their intentions. My first few days here, I thought this place was crawling with assholes. I mean that I had to look hard to find a nice guy. Another nice guy and I actually had a back and forth that maybe this site was not for us...Heck, we are nice guys. I thought that I would stick around and see if it got better. Well, it did. I have found that the good guys/gals outnumber the assholes. As I get stronger in my quit, I am starting to realize the ratio is growing each day in favor of the good guys.

Those may be MY top 5 of the things I have learned about my quit and KTC since joining 36 days ago. I am still young in my quit and hope to learn much more from the valuable assets that this site offers.
Awesome observations Brian! You hit the nail on the head with how to succeed here.

Your group will almost certainly shrink before you hit 100, and then again after, but a core group of solid people will stick with you.

You'll learn some new things as you start to add up days, some good some bad. Like reaching out to new quitters can be just as rewarding as your own success, and that the struggle really truly doesn't end at 100 days. But don't worry about that, you'll get there.

Looking forward to seeing you succeed!

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
Day 36 Quit.

So, after 36 days on this site, you start to figure a few things out. In no particular order...

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2017, 03:08:00 AM »
Posted Day 24 today. I have said it a few times today, but this quitting stuff is hard work. It is wearing me out. I have been really tired this week. I feel like the quit is all I think about. Some of the thoughts are good and some bad. I really do not feel like I want to dip, I just feel tired and not my normal self. I think this leads to being easily irritable and frustrated. Over the last week, have really built up my network of people to help and get help from. To me, this is the most important thing. I think you need to find those really close 3 or 4 people to interact with and then branch that out to more people to get different perspectives. I also think it is good to have guys much farther ahead of you in the quit and some behind you.

Well, the quit today was successful and will wake up tomorrow and do it again...

Offline GH27

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2017-01-31
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2017, 09:34:00 PM »
Quote from: Ready
Week 2 today. From day 7 until now, I have been doing pretty good. That 'Weird feeling/numb feeling" has for the most part gone away. Still using the fake stuff, but not as much in the last few days. It serves a purpose and plan on using it as long as needed. I have been allowing myself to eat whatever I want for the last 2 weeks. This needs to change now. Will stop using the dip quitting as an excuse to eat like a pig...good by snicker bites and MMs.

Quit on...
I like it. Congrats!

Whatever it takes!

NAFAR!
Just getting through my first 24 hours. I have been a long cut addict for over 10 years specifically grizzly wintergreen. Smokey mountain wintergreen has helped with the oral fixation. I am committed to quitting for the first time in 10 years and know I can do it. -gh

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »
Week 2 today. From day 7 until now, I have been doing pretty good. That 'Weird feeling/numb feeling" has for the most part gone away. Still using the fake stuff, but not as much in the last few days. It serves a purpose and plan on using it as long as needed. I have been allowing myself to eat whatever I want for the last 2 weeks. This needs to change now. Will stop using the dip quitting as an excuse to eat like a pig...good by snicker bites and MMs.

Quit on...
I like it. Congrats!

Whatever it takes!

NAFAR!