Author Topic: It Is Time  (Read 16425 times)

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • “Brotherhood is born in adversity.”
  • Quit Date: 17 JAN 2017
  • Likes Given: 123
Re: It is Time
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2017, 06:15:00 PM »
Week 2 today. From day 7 until now, I have been doing pretty good. That 'Weird feeling/numb feeling" has for the most part gone away. Still using the fake stuff, but not as much in the last few days. It serves a purpose and plan on using it as long as needed. I have been allowing myself to eat whatever I want for the last 2 weeks. This needs to change now. Will stop using the dip quitting as an excuse to eat like a pig...good by snicker bites and MMs.

Quit on...
He who has a why can bear almost any how.

Offline Dieselchick87

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mud Drag Racing (2017 first year behind the wheel)My pups (German shepherd & Chihuahua)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2017, 12:55:00 PM »
Quote from: BrianG
Day 10 and feeling good. Still working through some physical stuff. I have this weird feeling that is hard to explain. kind of a numb feeling through out, I guess it is withdrawal, but not sure. Anyways, much better over all.

I am going to make the assumption that some of the people reading this have not joined or have not quit. I urge you all to get it started. Nobody liked dipping more than me. I loved it. I hate that I have to quit it and that it can cause bad things to happen. That pisses me off. But since it can cause problems, the thing to do is quit. The first step is to determine you want to quit and then make it happen. Seek out help. You can ask for it here if need be...
'oh yeah' Congrats on Double Digits!!! 'oh yeah'

Your body is still trying to figure out how to survive without the poison that you have been feeding it

Keep up the Great Quit!

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2017, 11:05:00 AM »
Day 10 and feeling good. Still working through some physical stuff. I have this weird feeling that is hard to explain. kind of a numb feeling through out, I guess it is withdrawal, but not sure. Anyways, much better over all.

I am going to make the assumption that some of the people reading this have not joined or have not quit. I urge you all to get it started. Nobody liked dipping more than me. I loved it. I hate that I have to quit it and that it can cause bad things to happen. That pisses me off. But since it can cause problems, the thing to do is quit. The first step is to determine you want to quit and then make it happen. Seek out help. You can ask for it here if need be...

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 11:54:00 PM »
As bad as yesterday was, today was probably my best day. I really felt in control and was able to work off the cravings that popped up. My worse times are first thing in the morning and after lunch. Brutal times. I liked to dip so much, that I would not even eat breakfast. First thing I would do is brush my teeth and then put a dip in so I could have it for the shower. That dip would last until lunch most days with an additional pinch to keep it fresh. Eat lunch and then load up again after lunch. Depending on the schedule, may have 2 or 3 dips before dinner, but you can guarantee that i had a dip in all afternoon. normally 2 more dips between after dinner and bed time.

Good news is I have gotten my first week behind me. I am by no means home free, but I do have hope. Today had a few wake ups for me. people with many more days than me caved today. I feel bad for them, but this is my quit. I cant go back. I wont go back...

WEEK 1 DONE
'oh yeah'

Offline Gone Cruising

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • King of Quit!
  • Interests: Taking Cruises, custom pc building, taking day trips or weekend getaways with the wife. My dogs Amos & Shasta!
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2017, 02:23:00 AM »
Doing great man!!! It does end, but it takes a while. I feel you on the years dipping, mine was 31 years. Your brain will just need to re-train itself to be without nicotine in all aspects of life. You can be winning and be at day 400 like me, you just need will power to power through it! It's going to be the toughest thing you have ever done in your life, but you can do it!

To take the edge off I turned to two all natural supplements, one was Natures Way Melissa (Lemon Balm) and a natural green tea extract (L-Theanine) or as most people say "natures Xanax". Both are herbal supplements and it really helped me with taking the edge off and cravings, not to mention the increase in anxiety I felt. Both can be found at any Vitamin shop. None are addicting....

Hope this helps and reach out if you need anything!

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2017, 01:00:00 AM »
Day 6. Probably the toughest day I have had. after lunch, the craving was very strong. Thanks to my support group for being there. pretty much the entire afternoon was wasted because I had one thing on my mind. Came home and went out and ran a 5k. That helped. hard to think of any thing else when you are trying to breath. I need to do some exercise anyway since I have been eating a lot.

I have to have faith that it gets better. 7 days tomorrow....

Offline JGlav

• Master of Quit
  • Interests: Quit Date: 9/05/15
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 07:26:00 AM »
Day 5 -- Made it through the weekend. Was worried about this, but it was not bad. Day 5 had some moments where I didnt think about dipping, but they were few. Looking forward to getting a full week under my belt.

It was told to me that you cant undo a 35 year addiction in a few days. I need to hear those words.
One day at a time. Trust me if I can do this you can. Freddom from this crap is soooo worth it. Continiue to post roll early with your promise and expand your acountability
with others in your group. Great job.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 12:20:00 AM »
Day 5 -- Made it through the weekend. Was worried about this, but it was not bad. Day 5 had some moments where I didnt think about dipping, but they were few. Looking forward to getting a full week under my belt.

It was told to me that you cant undo a 35 year addiction in a few days. I need to hear those words.

Offline JB65

• Quitting MoFo
  • Lennie and Henry
  • Quit Date: August 17, 2015
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2017, 11:50:00 AM »
Quote from: banjosteve
Quote from: Frobozz
Day 4 today. Tough day at times. Woke up feeling pretty good. Posted roll and did my thing. As usual, worse time is after eating. Ate lunch and wanted a dip pretty bad. I am using the fake stuff, so I put some of that in. Basically it tricks me for a little bit, but then I realize The nicotine is not there. I add more thinking this will help//It doesnt. By the time I spit the fake chew out, I have a huge dip of it since I keep adding to it thinking I just need more to get that nicotine feel. Quite stupid actually. Anyway, I am so restless after lunch, I decide to mow the yard...Yes, in January. F all the people who drove by and stared at me like I was crazy. I am having a nicotine fit here and this is what I do to knock that bitch out...Dont judge me!

Going to go and have another fake chew, hoping for a better day 5.
Brian,

You appear to be doing quite well. But...mowing the lawn in January? Really? I mean, if you needed to do that in order to stay off nicotine, then fair enough. However, I can't say I blame the people who stared at you. I would have done the same.

I prefer online flash games when I'm at home and quirky little cell phone games for when I'm away. But that's just me.

Be well.
Stay strong Brian. Do whatever it takes to stay quit. Mow the lawn wearing your wife's bra and panties if you have to. chew as much fake dip as you want. At day 5, the nic is about out of your system.

You got this, you are winning.

Quit with you bro,

Banjo
Believe it or not, you'll probably dump the fake chew soon too.

Its all the mind game at this point for you. It may last intense like this another week, another day or another 2 weeks... but it will subside.

This helped me: google pics of mouth cancer from tobacco... print one out, keep in in you wallet next to your money. Still have mine there 524 days later

Have you tried the live chat here? It wasnt my thing, but many people swear by it.

I took more walks in the first 2 weeks than i did for 10 years. Dove into a 90x3 program, whatever it took. you got this bro.

Offline Banjosteve

• Quitter
  • Interests: playing banjo and guitar, fly fishing , hiking, biking. My kids.
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2017, 08:28:00 AM »
Quote from: Frobozz
Day 4 today. Tough day at times. Woke up feeling pretty good. Posted roll and did my thing. As usual, worse time is after eating. Ate lunch and wanted a dip pretty bad. I am using the fake stuff, so I put some of that in. Basically it tricks me for a little bit, but then I realize The nicotine is not there. I add more thinking this will help//It doesnt. By the time I spit the fake chew out, I have a huge dip of it since I keep adding to it thinking I just need more to get that nicotine feel. Quite stupid actually. Anyway, I am so restless after lunch, I decide to mow the yard...Yes, in January. F all the people who drove by and stared at me like I was crazy. I am having a nicotine fit here and this is what I do to knock that bitch out...Dont judge me!

Brian,

You appear to be doing quite well. But...mowing the lawn in January? Really? I mean, if you needed to do that in order to stay off nicotine, then fair enough. However, I can't say I blame the people who stared at you. I would have done the same.

I prefer online flash games when I'm at home and quirky little cell phone games for when I'm away. But that's just me.

Be well.
Stay strong Brian. Do whatever it takes to stay quit. Mow the lawn wearing your wife's bra and panties if you have to. chew as much fake dip as you want. At day 5, the nic is about out of your system.

You got this, you are winning.

Quit with you bro,

Banjo

Offline Frobozz

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2017, 02:01:00 AM »

Brian,

Be well.

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2017, 11:00:00 PM »

Offline BrianG

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 10:52:00 PM »
Going to use this introduction for my own ramblings. Feel free to comment on it, but know that from this point on, this thread is to help me vent and ramble. May be fun in a years time to look back to see where i was.

Offline Atown

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2017, 07:58:00 PM »
Quote from: LMM
Quote from: Bean
I posted roll this morning. Not sure I did it correctly...Well, actually I was told I didnt. Found a link that shows how to do it. Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks guys
If you're here, you're doing something right. Post roll, keep your word and live free. I used to pick quit dates too...college graduation, first real job, New Years Day, birthdays, wedding, birth of first kid, birth of second kid, etc. I actually would rationalize that it was okay to keep on dipping because I would be quitting soon anyway, right? Holy shit, I was stupid.

But I'm quit now. I was determined to quit for a long time. Stopped many times...then caved. The only thing that is different now is that I found this site. They people on here actually understand controlling addiction through mutual accountability. I posted roll today. I can guaran-fucking-tee you I will not have anything to do with nicotine today. And we're expecting you to do the same. We're counting on you.

I used to cave because I didn't honestly believe that I could quit. I told myself I could. But I always caved. I'm here to tell you that YOU CAN DO THIS. Click around in the Quit Groups...not just your own group, but other months and years. Then think...all of those names are people who have been right where you are right now. And they are living free ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Nobody can do this for you. It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from. Nobody gets freedom for the asking. WE EARN IT...ONE DAY AT A TIME. Don't think about tomorrow, next week, next year. We'll deal with them when they get here. POST ROLL, GIVE YOUR WORD and FIGHT LIKE HELL TO KEEP IT ALL DAY.

YOU GOT THIS!
Brian, I suggest spending as much time as you can on this site, at least for the next few weeks. You will need motivation and such to strengthen your resolve, and you'll get it by reading HOF speeches, Introduction threads, etc. It will help immensely.
What they said ^^^^^^^. We will both be writing speeches in April brother if we fight, and follow the blueprint here. PM me if you want my digits. The accountability is key.

Offline LMM

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
I posted roll this morning. Not sure I did it correctly...Well, actually I was told I didnt. Found a link that shows how to do it. Will try again tomorrow.

Thanks guys
If you're here, you're doing something right. Post roll, keep your word and live free. I used to pick quit dates too...college graduation, first real job, New Years Day, birthdays, wedding, birth of first kid, birth of second kid, etc. I actually would rationalize that it was okay to keep on dipping because I would be quitting soon anyway, right? Holy shit, I was stupid.

But I'm quit now. I was determined to quit for a long time. Stopped many times...then caved. The only thing that is different now is that I found this site. They people on here actually understand controlling addiction through mutual accountability. I posted roll today. I can guaran-fucking-tee you I will not have anything to do with nicotine today. And we're expecting you to do the same. We're counting on you.

I used to cave because I didn't honestly believe that I could quit. I told myself I could. But I always caved. I'm here to tell you that YOU CAN DO THIS. Click around in the Quit Groups...not just your own group, but other months and years. Then think...all of those names are people who have been right where you are right now. And they are living free ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Nobody can do this for you. It doesn't matter who you are or where you come from. Nobody gets freedom for the asking. WE EARN IT...ONE DAY AT A TIME. Don't think about tomorrow, next week, next year. We'll deal with them when they get here. POST ROLL, GIVE YOUR WORD and FIGHT LIKE HELL TO KEEP IT ALL DAY.

YOU GOT THIS!
Brian, I suggest spending as much time as you can on this site, at least for the next few weeks. You will need motivation and such to strengthen your resolve, and you'll get it by reading HOF speeches, Introduction threads, etc. It will help immensely.