Author Topic: 69franx  (Read 40473 times)

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
Re: 69franx
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2017, 07:58:00 AM »
Quote from: 69Franx
21 days/ 3 weeks in. Feeling very strong about my quit now. Reading a ton on the site (if you have not visited the question thread in Wildcard, and you could use a good laugh, then check it out)
I spent week 1 cold turkey, but have been using some SMS over the last 2 weeks. The pouches are a bit small, but familiar as that is what I usually chewed. The loose stuff packs like crap and was an all over mess. Tried several varieties: straight, classic, wintergreen, and citrus. Think the citrus was the best tasting, but still a mess. Have some grinds pouches on order coming in this week to check out.
Last post I made in here was about another caver. He caved, came back, answered his 3 questions, posted days 12 then decided to leave the site and be quit on his own. His cave received a ton of back lash that he felt was just negativity for negativity's sake. His feelings reminded me of what I saw on here when I first joined back in 2012. I did not want to take all that abuse, and see that negativity. Now that I am back in the quit groove, I really do see the attack as a big part of the process for someone who caves. Get mad at yourself for allowing people to have a reason to give you a hard time about caving. They did not cave, you did, own it, fix it, rinse, repeat. When I came back at the beginning of the month, I started posting, without really checking out the site and understanding the program. I made some poorly informed statements and ate a lot of shit for those statements. In that instance, I was right where he was, pissed off at the world for abusing me and I almost gave up on the site for a second time. Then I had a moment of clarity as I described above: I realized that I was the source of my pain, not the comments directed towards me. If I had not done what I did, or said what I said, there would have been no reason to eat that shit sandwich. I have been in to post roll everyday for 21 days now in my group plus what would have been my group if I had stayed quit in 2012, texting day counts with 12 or 13 people from the site. These are the things I am doing differently to make sure I can keep my quit on ODAAT. For me personally, the ritual/routine of WUPPEDD is what is getting me through. I am a man of integrity, I may not have always felt that way about myself, and I keep my word. Giving my word, and knowing that about myself, is getting slowly easier to stay quit.
I know this is all over the place, just where my head is at after 21 days. Thanx for all the support and stay strong, stay quit!

edit to add: This piece of my intro is all about me, I reference another Nov member, but only as a jumping off point. As Jacobmidlin just posted in our group: what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all. I have mangaged people all of my adult life and that is one the most important lessons to learn. Tying back in to KTC, the manager role I learned in the restaurant business said there were 3 types of people who fail and we had a solution for each of them: Don't Know, Can't Do, and Don't Care. Teach the Don't cares (intros, and all the welcome info on this site) Re-purpose the Can't Dos (not on here, FB, other methods of quit) and for the Don't Cares, well they can f@#$ straight off and do something else with their time and stop wasting ours. Rant on/Rant over
Love that post Franx! One of my favorite things here is seeing someone finally "get it" and drink the koolade. The system works if you do. There's nothing here but support and positive reinforcement until an individual's actions bring about the justified negative responses.

Also that "Don't know, Can't do, Don't Care" perspective is a great perspective that I'd never heard before.

Keep up the solid Quit brother!

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Do I have your attention now? Quit date 08/01/17
  • Likes Given: 8865
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2017, 01:08:00 PM »
21 days/ 3 weeks in. Feeling very strong about my quit now. Reading a ton on the site (if you have not visited the question thread in Wildcard, and you could use a good laugh, then check it out)
I spent week 1 cold turkey, but have been using some SMS over the last 2 weeks. The pouches are a bit small, but familiar as that is what I usually chewed. The loose stuff packs like crap and was an all over mess. Tried several varieties: straight, classic, wintergreen, and citrus. Think the citrus was the best tasting, but still a mess. Have some grinds pouches on order coming in this week to check out.
Last post I made in here was about another caver. He caved, came back, answered his 3 questions, posted days 12 then decided to leave the site and be quit on his own. His cave received a ton of back lash that he felt was just negativity for negativity's sake. His feelings reminded me of what I saw on here when I first joined back in 2012. I did not want to take all that abuse, and see that negativity. Now that I am back in the quit groove, I really do see the attack as a big part of the process for someone who caves. Get mad at yourself for allowing people to have a reason to give you a hard time about caving. They did not cave, you did, own it, fix it, rinse, repeat. When I came back at the beginning of the month, I started posting, without really checking out the site and understanding the program. I made some poorly informed statements and ate a lot of shit for those statements. In that instance, I was right where he was, pissed off at the world for abusing me and I almost gave up on the site for a second time. Then I had a moment of clarity as I described above: I realized that I was the source of my pain, not the comments directed towards me. If I had not done what I did, or said what I said, there would have been no reason to eat that shit sandwich. I have been in to post roll everyday for 21 days now in my group plus what would have been my group if I had stayed quit in 2012, texting day counts with 12 or 13 people from the site. These are the things I am doing differently to make sure I can keep my quit on ODAAT. For me personally, the ritual/routine of WUPPEDD is what is getting me through. I am a man of integrity, I may not have always felt that way about myself, and I keep my word. Giving my word, and knowing that about myself, is getting slowly easier to stay quit.
I know this is all over the place, just where my head is at after 21 days. Thanx for all the support and stay strong, stay quit!

edit to add: This piece of my intro is all about me, I reference another Nov member, but only as a jumping off point. As Jacobmidlin just posted in our group: what works for one doesn't necessarily work for all. I have mangaged people all of my adult life and that is one the most important lessons to learn. Tying back in to KTC, the manager role I learned in the restaurant business said there were 3 types of people who fail and we had a solution for each of them: Don't Know, Can't Do, and Don't Care. Teach the Don't cares (intros, and all the welcome info on this site) Re-purpose the Can't Dos (not on here, FB, other methods of quit) and for the Don't Cares, well they can f@#$ straight off and do something else with their time and stop wasting ours. Rant on/Rant over
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech
How long have I been quit?

I brew the beer I drink, what's your superpower?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2017, 07:18:00 AM »
Day 18, we seem to have lost another of the Nov Quitters. Same story: party, alcohol, peer pressure=cave. Have not heard from the caver, but rumor has it, it was a vape pen. Really, caving with that crap? Stay strong, get better connected with fellow brothers. Work the program, support, WUPPEDD, etc.
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

HOF: 11/08/17     2nd Floor: 02/16/18     3rd Floor: 05/27/18     1st trip around the sun: 07/31/18     4th Floor: 09/04/18     5th floor: 12/13/18     6th floor: 03/23/2019     7th floor: 07/01/19     2nd trip around the sun: 07/31/19     8th floor: 10/09/19     9th floor: 01/17/20     Comma Day: 04/26/2020     3rd trip around the sun: 08/01/2020     11th floor: 08/04/2020     12th Floor: 11/12/2020     13th floor: 02/20/2021     14th floor: 05/31/2021

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 12:50:00 PM »
Thanx TBONE7, cant say I will ever let you catch up to my count, but you can get back here to 15. ODAATEDD. Make it happen
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline TBONE7

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
Quote from: pky1520
Quote from: Swilson
Day 14, this is huge. 2 weeks with no nicotine. I am so thankful for the support here on KTC; both the kind words and the "get your shit together words." All have been helpful. Special thanks go out to @CBird65 (not sure if that notifies him or not) for all his support. If you have read my intro, you know I joined way back in 2012 and then ghosted for 5.5 years until I wanted to quit for me. Today, I looked back through my inbox and found the 2 PMs I received back in 2012. One was from CBird offering support and education about the site and how to use it. He has posted several times in our Nov 17 Pre-HOF thread and recently invited me to post back in 2012 again. He has also PMd me with some great links on what to read and how to make this last. The second PM i got back then was from Keddy that at the time probably looked like a generic welcome to the site kind of message from an admin, but now I realize that it was more about him trying to help me. Big thanks to both of them for reaching out almost immediately back in 2012 and my sincerest apologies for not taking advantage of the help they offered. i have said it here in my intro thread, on our roll thread, and in PM to several new members of the November Nicotine Nutbustes, if you need help, someone to talk to, someone to talk you out of caving, PM your number or ask for mine. This site works for those that work the site. Get the help you/we need, don't let temptation take over and give in to a cave. If it becomes a close call, read that contract to cave and think about what it means or would mean to have to actually give that signed contract to those you care about, just not more than nicotine. Rant/ramble over, thanks again to all who have reached out to help me with my quit
Giddy up Frank welcome 2 weeks !! I will not let you catch up to me ever but i will do everything i can to make sure you are right behind me !
Glad to see you making it happen Franx!
Great mile stone keep up the good work!

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Swilson
Day 14, this is huge. 2 weeks with no nicotine. I am so thankful for the support here on KTC; both the kind words and the "get your shit together words." All have been helpful. Special thanks go out to @CBird65 (not sure if that notifies him or not) for all his support. If you have read my intro, you know I joined way back in 2012 and then ghosted for 5.5 years until I wanted to quit for me. Today, I looked back through my inbox and found the 2 PMs I received back in 2012. One was from CBird offering support and education about the site and how to use it. He has posted several times in our Nov 17 Pre-HOF thread and recently invited me to post back in 2012 again. He has also PMd me with some great links on what to read and how to make this last. The second PM i got back then was from Keddy that at the time probably looked like a generic welcome to the site kind of message from an admin, but now I realize that it was more about him trying to help me. Big thanks to both of them for reaching out almost immediately back in 2012 and my sincerest apologies for not taking advantage of the help they offered. i have said it here in my intro thread, on our roll thread, and in PM to several new members of the November Nicotine Nutbustes, if you need help, someone to talk to, someone to talk you out of caving, PM your number or ask for mine. This site works for those that work the site. Get the help you/we need, don't let temptation take over and give in to a cave. If it becomes a close call, read that contract to cave and think about what it means or would mean to have to actually give that signed contract to those you care about, just not more than nicotine. Rant/ramble over, thanks again to all who have reached out to help me with my quit
Giddy up Frank welcome 2 weeks !! I will not let you catch up to me ever but i will do everything i can to make sure you are right behind me !
Glad to see you making it happen Franx!

Offline Swilson

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 05:14:00 PM »

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2017, 02:58:00 PM »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2017, 08:28:00 AM »
I think the main reason was that I really did not want to be quit. This time I will be quit for life, as I want to be quit for life; its not for anyone but me and its what I want.

That right there is huge! The single biggest factor in overcoming addiction is you. If you want to be free bad enough, and you want it for you alone, then you can fight through all the b/s and be QUIT. Accountability helps maintain your resolve, and all the little tricks that people have used to help get through the b/s can make the fight easier, but once you want to be quit for good then you can break free. Keep killing it!

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2017, 10:52:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Day 11 and come home from work to find my Smokey Mountain order, here to keep me quit for the weekend. Perfect timing! Thanks to all who support the November Nicotine (I guess it is Nutbusters right now)
The January 2012 Jackwagins are a BAD ASS group. I would encourage you to post with them daily. Some of those guys are the reason I'm quit today, posting 1,692 this morning. They can offer you advice, support, and accountability like only the best of vets can do.

Make this count. You'll never have to relive the past 11 days again...
Thanx, I will have to look them up tomorrow. I do see that I posted once back in 2012 on January 19, for my 19th day quit. None before, none after. I apologize again. I know I abused the potential help here back then. I am not doing that this time. I will seek out the Jackwaggins(so?)
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
Day 11 and come home from work to find my Smokey Mountain order, here to keep me quit for the weekend. Perfect timing! Thanks to all who support the November Nicotine (I guess it is Nutbusters right now)
The January 2012 Jackwagins are a BAD ASS group. I would encourage you to post with them daily. Some of those guys are the reason I'm quit today, posting 1,692 this morning. They can offer you advice, support, and accountability like only the best of vets can do.

Make this count. You'll never have to relive the past 11 days again...

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2017, 05:02:00 PM »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2017, 10:34:00 AM »
Glad your back, but understand you and I share an addiction, not a habit. Understanding the difference will help you a lot in this daily fight.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Swilson

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 62
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2017, 03:14:00 PM »
Looking forward to quitting with you! We can do this together ! Those quiet times can be tough, or the car... I will shoot you a PM and we will kick this shit for good.

Scott
Chicago

Offline 69franx

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
69franx
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2017, 10:38:00 AM »
Site moves and replacing this, has put some posts out of order. This is my original first post in my intro. Sorry for any confusion

So one week out of the can today. Just getting to an introduction. Thanks to all who have shared their experiences about their quit.
I had my first dip back in eighth grade 1983/1984 or so. I begged and bummed dips when people had it around me for the next 24 years. I started buying my own in 2008 after getting free samples at the Cleveland Air show and been hooked ever since. I mainly chewed pouches, as loose was tougher to hide from the kids and boss/es. Regularly chewed a little over a can a day of Grizzly wintergreen pouches. I bought my last roll on Sunday July 30th. On July 31st, I got another message popped up into my feed from KTC on facebook. It was the third or fourth message that mysteriously appeared in my feed in the last couple weeks. It was the message about "you did not wind up on our site by mistake, somewhere deep down you want to quit..." or something like that. At that point, I threw the full can plus 2 pouches into my trash at office and the other 3 remaining cans once i got home also went into the trash. Today will be my 7th day clean and free of nicotine. This site has been a big help. i actually joined back in January of 2012 and obviously did not commit. I have stopped a few times, once for 14 months, but always fell back into the habit. I think the main reason was that I really did not want to be quit. This time I will be quit for life, as I want to be quit for life; its not for anyone but me and its what I want. I am strong enough to get through whatever that nicotine bitch can send my way, with your help. Just ordered some Smokey mountain (have not had or used any alternatives in the last week) as the quiet times at my desk or home in front of the tube are when the urge really strikes. Outside of work, I plan on getting back into working out regularly, kayaking, and bicycling to help fill some of the down time. Once again, thanx to all for the support and messages. Anyone who needs some support, pm me and we can exchange numbers.

Stay strong brothers and sisters,
Frank
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 10:51:53 AM by 69franx »
ABQ= Always Be Quitting

My Intro
My HOF Speech