Author Topic: 1st Day Quit  (Read 60009 times)

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
Re: 1st Day Quit
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2018, 04:20:00 PM »
Chris2alaska
“The head nurse spoke up
and she said leave this one alone
She could tell right away
that he was bad to the bone…”

Have you heard of Chris2alaska, of the stories old men tell?
Then lend me your ear, for I tell it well.
He hails from up yonder, with the cold Eskimo
Where the snowÂ’s miles deep and the Northern lights glow.
The wolf and the fox, the bear in her den
WonÂ’t venture outside when heÂ’s round the bend.
HeÂ’s eight feed tall and four hundred pounds,
and itÂ’s said his wangdoodle still drags the ground.
A man among men, born a true warrior
but my brother Chris had a chink in his armor.
A harmless vice started so long ago
Was now thirty years of smokeless tobacco.
THREE cans of the weed for his daily consumption
But deep inside did burn his compunction
Chis was a slave, the nic bitches whore.
Of this I assure you, he wanted no more.
He confronted that bitch, heÂ’d an axe to grind
Truth be told the manÂ’s scary (he takes moose from behind!)
He fought his battle and emerged victorious,
One day at a time his story grew glorious.
He didnÂ’t rest on his laurels, not one to sit idle
He got a wagon, and a moose with a bridle.
And he roamed the halls of this here KTC
Looking for quitters like just you and me
And lo he found me stumbling around
In a nic induced stupor like some silly ass clown
Oh the bitch had me, firm in her grasp
Cloaked in anxiety, lock and hasp
But Chris wouldnÂ’t have it, no he climbed down
And grabbed this here addict and flung off her crown
He offered his hand and helped me stand up
I learned to taste freedom from the abstinence cup
So I tell his story, regale it with cheer
For had he not done so I wouldnÂ’t be here

Thank-you Chris. Saved my life.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2018, 07:08:00 PM »
Thanks for support on fishing fears, helps a lot. Feeling good, ODAAT

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
  • Interests: Family, fishing, football, friends and being quitI love my wife and two daughters. I'm not perfect but strive every day to be better.
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2018, 06:55:00 AM »
It's an odd thing but one of the best lessons of faith I've ever made.

....50 total strangers bonding together to beat a sinister addiction.

Yep, I'm down with it too. Best move I've made in a long time. KTC. ODAAT. Very proud to quit with you today. DAY 87.

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • I Love the Smell of Quit in the Morning
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Four-Wheeling, NASCAR, Golf
  • Likes Given: 1612
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2018, 01:13:00 AM »
Well here it is day 82, coming up on HOF. Several of my April brothers have already boarded the train. IÂ’m worried though, the last time I checked, there were no railroad tracks all the way to Alaska. How is the HOF train going to pick me up? Maybe I can catch a plane and parachute down to the train somewhere in the lower 48.

Anyway, my quit is strong mainly due to all of the brothers that I have accumulated over the last two and a half months. Also, volunteering to help with SSOA and fixing jacked rolls puts a smile on my face. I have made some very strong friendships with guys that I have never met face to face, yet. I hope that one day I can get them all up here for some fishing and or hunting or even golf. Yeah, thatÂ’s right bitches, I got golf here too. We actually have two really nice courses and a few mediocre ones. So if yÂ’all want to come up and play golf, thereÂ’s that too.

The most important thing IÂ’m saying is, make those connections with people. You never know where they will lead you and they will help your quit in more ways than you can imagine.

I changed positions in the company I work for. I used to be the Assistant Service Manager, now I am the Special Projects Manager. ? Yay

IÂ’ve been trying to support some of the new July guys. They are starting out to be a great bunch of quitters. There is already a lot of drama though with a retread or two. Just chill guys, wake up, piss, post roll. ThatÂ’s it, if you can help someone else in the process, all the better.

I know for a fact that your quit will be that much stronger by helping a fellow quitter or ten with their quits.

Well, I just wanted to give myself an update, itÂ’s been a while. If this helps someone else, then it was well worth my time, if no one reads it, then it was still worth it because it helped me.

I am very proud to quit with everyone in KTC. Thanks for taking the time to read my gibberish. Have a great, nicotine free day.

As my awesome friend Athan says, “Love ya, bye”
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

Do not let the actions of others determine the direction of YOUR quit.
chris2alaska

There are no dumb questions, just dumb people who ask questions.
Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Quit Date: January 18, 2018 - Proud Member of the April 2018 Kings and Queen of Quit
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2018, 12:25:00 AM »
Quote from: Doofus
Day 86 bro, proud with you
Hey Doofus.

PTQWYT my brutha
If you want my digits, just ask and they will be yours, but I expect yours in return.

Accountability is a statement of personal promise, both to yourself and to the people around you, to deliver specific defined results.
Brian Dive

Do not be complacent about your achievements and not to strive for continual improvement when you get to the top. As soon as you let success go to your head, you sink into following familiar patterns and play it safe. In other words, you risk losing your edge.
Roy T. Bennett

You need anything, ask.  You feel strong, help.  This quit is for you but we got your back.
wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

HOF - 04/27/2018;   2nd FLOOR - 08/05/2018;   3rd FLOOR - 11/13/2018;   1 YEAR - 01/18/2019;   4th Floor - 02/21/2019;   5th Floor - 06/01/2019;   6th Floor - 09/09/2019;   7th Floor - 12/18/2019;   2 YEARS - 01/18/2020;    8th Floor - 03/27/2020;   9th Floor - 07/05/2020;    Comma Club - 10/13/2020;   3 Years - 01/18/2021;    11th Floor - 01/21/2021;   12th Floor - 05/01/2021;    13th Floor - 08/09/2021;    14th Floor - 11/17/2021;    4 Years - 01/18/2022;    15th Floor - 02/25/2022;     16th Floor - 06/05/2022;    17th Floor - 09/13/2022;     18th Floor - 12/22/2022;     5 Years - 01/18/2023;    19th Floor - 04/01/2023;     2K Double Dangle - 07/10/2023;     21st Floor - 10/18/2023;      6 Years - 01/18/2024;     22nd Floor - 01/26/2024

Offline Doofus

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2018, 09:45:00 PM »
Day 86 bro, proud with you

Offline Athan

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • Addict
  • Quit Date: January 1 2018
  • Interests: GodFamilyCountry
  • Likes Given: 1652
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2018, 04:49:00 PM »
I shudder to think that had I not joined KTC that our paths would not have crossed.
I don't think that young man has any clue who he reached out to but I'm glad he did and I'm sure he'll find out.
You have made me want to be a better husband, a better father, a better man.
I'd throw a snowball at you but we're all out in Georgia just now. Soon.
"I hope you find a thousand reasons to quit today" Rawls
"I can't quit for you. I will quit with you" Ready
"There are two dogs in the fight, which one are you feeding?" SuperDave9000
"In the Navy we had morning muster. You never miss muster. You better be dead if you miss. If you are dying, you should have started crawling earlier, no excuse." Olcpo

The Science of Addiction
The Law of Addiction
The Road Called Recovery
My Intro and HOF Speech
Quitters I've met: Cbird, UncleRico, Gregor, KDip, Broccoli-saurus, Croakenhagen, BriagG, Koba, Kodiakdeath, Arrakisdq, McDave, Worktowin, SkolVikings, JGromo, GS9502, PaDutchman, Stillbrewing, A-Aron...
wildirish317
outdoortexan cancer

Offline pky1520

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 2, 2016
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2018, 12:04:00 PM »
Quote from: MNxEngineer314
Quote from: chris2alaska
My thoughts on Missing Roll and MIQs in the April 2018 group:

First off, yes I understand people have things come up in their lives sometimes making it more difficult or more a pain in the ass to get on to the computer or pull out your phone or tablet and log in to KTC then find your quit group and quote the roll post, cut it and paste it in the top panel then scroll to find the last persons post and then add your name and try to remember how many days quit you are and then think of something positive to add next to your name and then hit the post button only to find out someone was faster than you and now the roll needs to be fixed.

I get it, its a pain in the ass sometimes, life happens sometimes but people, this is our fucking lives we are talking about here. 2 minutes every day is very small price to pay for the years you have added to your life by quitting the nasty foul bitch called nicotine.

Now, MIQs, you know who you are. If you do not want to be here, that's is totally fine, just let someone know that you are taking your quit somewhere else. I'll be the first one to wish you well. But if you do want to be here and you do want to stay quit, then fucking DO IT.

Missing Roll Post for a day:
If you miss one day, okay, I can let that slide as long as you have a pretty good reason. "I forgot" is NOT a good reason in my book. At this point, we have all been doing this for over a month now and it should be something that is now engrained into our daily routines.

As far as I am concerned, if you can't take two minutes out of your day to post roll in the morning, then I don't need to waste my time on you wondering if you are going to get in today or not. All it does cause frustration to the guys and girls in here who take their quit seriously and want to stay quit. Unfortunately, there has to be some kind of rules with just about everything we do in society today. The rule for this forum states that you will post roll every morning when you get up and make your promise to stay quit for the day. If you can't be bothered to follow this one easy rule, then get the fuck out.

MIQ's of more than three days should not be allowed back in, period. It does not take very much effort to notify someone if you will not be able to post roll. If you value your life, then it should be the first thing you think about when you wake up. The importance of posting should rank right up there with your wedding day, the birth of your child, your first new house. People, this is your life I'm talking about. How much more fucking important could it be???

Anyway, If you are having a hard time making roll every morning and you really want to be here, then I am here for you. PM your digits and I'll do the same. I will send you a text every day if need be to remind you to get on roll. If you need a someone to listen to you rage, I'm your guy. Give me a call. I just talked to another quitter from another group a couple weeks ago that was having a hard day, He completely blew up on shopping cart. I just listened and supported and encouraged him and that was really all he needed, not to mention it probably felt really good to rage on that shopping cart. But if that's what you need, then I'm here for you.

I am proud to be quit with all you today. Quit on you Bad Ass Mutha F'ers

Chris! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You make some excellent points; I would just like to offer a counter perspective on a few of the items you mentioned.

Personally, I don't feel like there is ever a valid excuse for missing roll. Part of this whole quitting thing is accountability. People should be sharing digits. If you can't find 2 minutes to log on and post yourself in the morning, it takes 15 seconds to send a text like "Day 669 - pick up please". I have posted EVERY SINGLE DAY for the past 669 days. I have encountered deaths, the birth of our child, travel, personal crisis and a slew of other issues that could have easily been used as excuses to miss roll. I am super proud of my 100% roll call; there are some guys in my August group that have missed only one day and regret it dearly. Not to mention, posting early every damn day not only ensures you are quit that day but also ensures your group you will stay quit too (and won't have to chase you down).

The other item I would like to touch on is the whole situation of going MIQ. It is never a pleasant experience to see someone drift away from the site. There is such a wealth of tools and wisdom and support here that anyone who fades away is only hurting themselves. That being said, anyone who goes MIQ is ALWAYS welcome back to KTC. We are here to help people quit; if they leave, see the folly of their decision and come back, that is fine. Lots of groups come up with a set of criteria for allowing someone who went MIQ back. Typically it involves sharing their digits with a certain number of fellow quitters, posting roll everyday for at least a week and providing an in depth explanation of why they left and what they plan to do differently to become more involved in their quit and in the quits of their fellow brothers and sisters.

We had a guy go MIQ in my August 2016 group and he wanted back in. He shared some digits, posted consistently for awhile and is still with us as we approach the 7th floor. Lots of people get complacent and think they can quit on their own. Some maybe can, but a fair amount will realize what they gave up leaving KTC and gravitate back. It is better to come back before a cave than to crawl back having to post a Day 1.

Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts!! Keep quitting like a bad ass mother focker and I am proud as hell to be quit with you today!!

MN/669
We still have several dudes in August 16 rocking the 100%. And I guarantee you every one of us has had to go out of our way at some point, but did it because it was important. We've also all dealt with some complacency, personal emergencies, extreme stress and life change. It's life and that stuff will happen.

Keep guys like MNx in your corner and you'll have continued success. Try picturing having to call him to explain why you let him down on your promise. Visualize that conversation and explain why you're calling him after a cave instead of before. Hell No! That ain't happening.

Continue to be that guy for your own group and for others around the site. You're doing it the right way, keep it up!

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4349
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2018, 01:37:00 PM »

First off, yes I understand people have things come up in their lives sometimes making it more difficult or more a pain in the ass to get on to the computer or pull out your phone or tablet and log in to KTC then find your quit group and quote the roll post, cut it and paste it in the top panel then scroll to find the last persons post and then add your name and try to remember how many days quit you are and then think of something positive to add next to your name and then hit the post button only to find out someone was faster than you and now the roll needs to be fixed.

I get it, its a pain in the ass sometimes, life happens sometimes but people, this is our fucking lives we are talking about here. 2 minutes every day is very small price to pay for the years you have added to your life by quitting the nasty foul bitch called nicotine.

Now, MIQs, you know who you are. If you do not want to be here, that's is totally fine, just let someone know that you are taking your quit somewhere else. I'll be the first one to wish you well. But if you do want to be here and you do want to stay quit, then fucking DO IT.

If you miss one day, okay, I can let that slide as long as you have a pretty good reason. "I forgot" is NOT a good reason in my book. At this point, we have all been doing this for over a month now and it should be something that is now engrained into our daily routines.

As far as I am concerned, if you can't take two minutes out of your day to post roll in the morning, then I don't need to waste my time on you wondering if you are going to get in today or not. All it does cause frustration to the guys and girls in here who take their quit seriously and want to stay quit. Unfortunately, there has to be some kind of rules with just about everything we do in society today. The rule for this forum states that you will post roll every morning when you get up and make your promise to stay quit for the day. If you can't be bothered to follow this one easy rule, then get the fuck out.

It does not take very much effort to notify someone if you will not be able to post roll. If you value your life, then it should be the first thing you think about when you wake up. The importance of posting should rank right up there with your wedding day, the birth of your child, your first new house. People, this is your life I'm talking about. How much more fucking important could it be???

Anyway, If you are having a hard time making roll every morning and you really want to be here, then I am here for you. PM your digits and I'll do the same. I will send you a text every day if need be to remind you to get on roll. If you need a someone to listen to you rage, I'm your guy. Give me a call. I just talked to another quitter from another group a couple weeks ago that was having a hard day, He completely blew up on shopping cart. I just listened and supported and encouraged him and that was really all he needed, not to mention it probably felt really good to rage on that shopping cart. But if that's what you need, then I'm here for you.

Chris! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You make some excellent points; I would just like to offer a counter perspective on a few of the items you mentioned.

Personally, I don't feel like there is ever a valid excuse for missing roll. Part of this whole quitting thing is accountability. People should be sharing digits. If you can't find 2 minutes to log on and post yourself in the morning, it takes 15 seconds to send a text like "Day 669 - pick up please". I have posted EVERY SINGLE DAY for the past 669 days. I have encountered deaths, the birth of our child, travel, personal crisis and a slew of other issues that could have easily been used as excuses to miss roll. I am super proud of my 100% roll call; there are some guys in my August group that have missed only one day and regret it dearly. Not to mention, posting early every damn day not only ensures you are quit that day but also ensures your group you will stay quit too (and won't have to chase you down).

The other item I would like to touch on is the whole situation of going MIQ. It is never a pleasant experience to see someone drift away from the site. There is such a wealth of tools and wisdom and support here that anyone who fades away is only hurting themselves. That being said, anyone who goes MIQ is ALWAYS welcome back to KTC. We are here to help people quit; if they leave, see the folly of their decision and come back, that is fine. Lots of groups come up with a set of criteria for allowing someone who went MIQ back. Typically it involves sharing their digits with a certain number of fellow quitters, posting roll everyday for at least a week and providing an in depth explanation of why they left and what they plan to do differently to become more involved in their quit and in the quits of their fellow brothers and sisters.

We had a guy go MIQ in my August 2016 group and he wanted back in. He shared some digits, posted consistently for awhile and is still with us as we approach the 7th floor. Lots of people get complacent and think they can quit on their own. Some maybe can, but a fair amount will realize what they gave up leaving KTC and gravitate back. It is better to come back before a cave than to crawl back having to post a Day 1.

Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts!! Keep quitting like a bad ass mother focker and I am proud as hell to be quit with you today!!

MN/669
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:31:40 PM by chris2alaska »
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2018, 11:49:00 AM »
The Nicotine Bitch:

She is very cunning and very powerful and she is a murderer. She has many ways of entering our lives. Those that are smart never let her in to begin with. Those that have had the misfortune of letting her in either succumb to her advances whole heartedly and spend the rest of their lives in her servitude or they finally come out of the darkness and into the light and see her for what she really is.

The latter is what all of us are. We have seen the light of freedom from her grasp. Everyday we promise not to give into her constant barrage of advances to try to get us back. She is, as I said, very cunning. She will bide her time, waiting for just the right moment to pounce.

She has ALL the time in world. WE DON'T!!

That is why we have to remain vigilante in our quit to keep her at bay so we can enjoy what little remaining time we do have left on this earth.

One day, I will enjoy meeting some of you, my brothers and sisters, joined in our common fight against that murderous, conniving whore. Until then, I salute, admire, and respect you all for keeping up the good fight.

I Quit with You All Today

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2018, 12:27:00 PM »

If you miss one day, okay, I can let that slide as long as you have a pretty good reason. "I forgot" is NOT a good reason in my book. At this point, we have all been doing this for over a month now and it should be something that is now en-grained into our daily routines.

It does not take very much effort to notify someone if you will not be able to post roll. If you value your life, then it should be the first thing you think about when you wake up. The importance of posting should rank right up there with your wedding day, the birth of your child, your first new house. People, this is your life I'm talking about. How much more fucking important could it be???

Anyway, If you are having a hard time making roll every morning and you really want to be here, then I am here for you. PM your digits and I'll do the same. I will send you a text every day if need be to remind you to get on roll. If you need a someone to listen to you rage, I'm your guy. Give me a call. I just talked to another quitter from another group a couple weeks ago that was having a hard day, He completely blew up on a shopping cart. I just listened and supported and encouraged him and that was really all he needed, not to mention it probably felt really good to rage on that shopping cart. But if that's what you need, then I'm here for you.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:30:27 PM by chris2alaska »

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2018, 11:43:00 AM »
Well,

It is day 29.

Everyday is little easier. Everyday is only possible because of my promise I make each and every morning to myself and to you, my quit brothers and sisters.

I know full well, that if I did not have this forum that makes me accountable to not only myself, but everyone else in it, I would still be chewing today.

Let's face it people, "WE" are our own worst enemy. Fortunately, everyone in here that is succeeding with their quit has at least a semblance of morality and honor. Without it, your promise would mean nothing to yourself or your fellow quitters.

Let's take a look at that word, "Promise":

prom·ise.

NOUN

1.a declaration or assurance that one will do a particular thing or that a particular thing will happen

A Declaration, that is a strong word. Declaration of Independence, perhaps the most monumental use of the word to all of us Americans.

Other synonyms: Pledge, Vow, Guarantee, Oath. These are all very strong words and everyone in here should think about what their promise really means to themselves and then think about what your promise means to your quit brothers and sisters. It is not something to be taken lightly, it is, in fact a life changing moment that you undertake every day when you post roll and Promise, Declare, Pledge, Vow, Guarantee that you will not use nicotine today.

I am so very proud to call all of you my brothers and sisters and I am so proud to be quit with each and everyone of you today.

I PROMISE I will not use nicotine TODAY!!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:23:20 PM by chris2alaska »

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline MN_Engineer

• QLAMF ODAAT
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Aug '16 Trauma-Tizers
  • Quit Date: 04-25-2016
  • Interests: All things Mopar, Rick and Morty fan, MN Twins for life!
  • Likes Given: 4349
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2018, 11:46:00 AM »
Good Morning all my fellow quitters - PTBQWYT,

Here it is almost two weeks since I decided to quit nicotine forever. It has not been an easy two weeks but it was definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. I want to thank all of you who have reached out to welcome me into this community but especially Samrs, Skolvikings, MNxEngineer and Tennesseejed the four main guys in my quit circle.

Without you I would surely have caved after day 1 or 2. I don't share my feelings very much (just the way I was brought up, my dad is the same way) so for me to even be on this site typing this out is a miracle in itself. I don't even have to tell anyone on here that I'm struggling, its almost as if someone is watching me and knows exactly when to say something to me or direct me to a certain post or text me just at the right time. This morning for instance, I got texted by CritRocket, then MNxEngineer and Skolvikings. It always puts a smile on face knowing there are others out there going through the same thing as me and that genuinely care that I succeed at my quit.

You are all my brothers and sisters and I am here for all of you if you ever need me.

Thank you to the makers of Kill The Can. I have told a lot of people about this site and hopefully some of them will be joining us soon.

So to all of you in the Kill The Can Community, I salute you 'Finger' (it was the only salute in emoticons on the left but it was used with utmost respect).

Have a GREAT Quit day today and I will be with you all tomorrow for my day 14.

Thank You from the bottom of my heart

Chris! Excellent post. It is an honor for me to support you in your quit!

KTC = Accountability, Brotherhood, Success. Keep growing your accountability network; you never know when you might need them or they might need you!

This place truly works if you let it. The process here is laughably simple.

1.) Wake up
2.) Piss
3.) Post
4.) Repeat every single day

This process has worked for me for 647 days, focusing 24 hours at a time. It is working for you too. Keep up the good work!

And like you mentioned, anything you experience or encounter in your quit has happened to someone here. If you have issues or struggles, never hesitate to post them here on the site for support and help. It is another reason why this community is so successful!
Quit: 04.25.16 | HOF: 08.02.16 | 2nd FL: 11.10.16 | 3rd FL: 02.18.17 | 4th FL: 05.29.17 | 5th FL: 09.06.17 | 6th FL: 12.15.17 | 7th FL: 03.25.18 |
8th FL: 07.03.18 | 9th FL: 10.11.18 | Comma: 01.19.19 | 11th FL: 04.29.19 | 12th FL: 08.07.19 | 13th FL: 11.15.19 | 14th FL: 02.23.20 |
15th FL: 06.02.20 | 16th FL: 09.10.20 | 17th FL: 12.19.20 | 18th FL: 03.29.21 | 19th FL: 07.07.21 | Comma 2x: 10.15.21 | 21st FL: 01.23.22 |
22nd FL: 05.03.22 | 23rd FL: 08.11.22 | 24th FL: 11.19.22 | 25th FL: 02.27.23 | 26th FL: 06.07.23 | 27th FL: 09.15.23 | 28th FL: 12.24.23 |
29th FL: 04.02.24 |

"From Skoal to Skol!" My HOF Speech HERE!
"There is no victory without a battle."
"Cave = losing an argument to a dead plant in a plastic can. You are smarter than a dead plant." - Candoit
"The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it." - Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Feel like throwing in the towel? Sign the "Contract to Give Up" HERE
Phat Pauly - Part 1 || Phat Pauly - Part 2 || DeanTheCoot - Pencil Poop

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2018, 11:09:00 AM »
Good Morning all my fellow quitters - PTBQWYT,

Here it is almost two weeks since I decided to quit nicotine forever. It has not been an easy two weeks but it was definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. I want to thank all of you who have reached out to welcome me into this community but especially Samrs, Skolvikings, MNxEngineer and Tennesseejed the four main guys in my quit circle.

Without you I would surely have caved after day 1 or 2. I don't share my feelings very much (just the way I was brought up, my dad is the same way) so for me to even be on this site typing this out is a miracle in itself. I don't even have to tell anyone on here that I'm struggling, its almost as if someone is watching me and knows exactly when to say something to me or direct me to a certain post or text me just at the right time. This morning for instance, I got texted by CritRocket, then MNxEngineer and Skolvikings. It always puts a smile on face knowing there are others out there going through the same thing as me and that genuinely care that I succeed at my quit.

You are all my brothers and sisters and I am here for all of you if you ever need me.

Thank you to the makers of Kill The Can. I have told a lot of people about this site and hopefully some of them will be joining us soon.

So to all of you in the Kill The Can Community, I salute you 'Finger' (it was the only salute in emoticons on the left but it was used with utmost respect).

Have a GREAT Quit day today and I will be with you all tomorrow for my day 14.

Thank You from the bottom of my heart

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech

Offline chris2alaska

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
Hey Chris - how the heck are you doing? I understand that dip is pretty pricey up there... you are gonna save not only your life... but a bundle of money!
Yeah its just over $6 a can. I was at 3 cans a day, so I'll be saving about $540 a month. I already have a two week Caribbean Cruise followed by the Daytona 500 planned for February of 2019 just after my one year quit.

Brian Dive

Roy T. Bennett

wastepanel

chris2alaska

Klark

My Intro

My HOF Speech

My Comma Club Speech