Author Topic: Day 1: Here we fucking go  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Sooner87

• Quitter
  • Boomer!
  • Quit Date: 6.20.2016
  • Interests: Family, Hiking, Basketball, Track and Field, anything Sooner related.
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Day 1: Here we fucking go
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 11:26:00 AM »
Welcome to freedom. Lurk and scour, and then lurk and scour some more. Put anything in your lip but the trash of Nicotine. I still chew on raw ginger. It's gotten me to day 95. I quit with you today.

Register on this site and find your quit group. If you do it now you would be in the December 2016 (topic/11758795/145/#new) group and its pretty cool that you can still make a commitment to hit 100 days in 2016!

Watch this video here (http://blog.killthecan.org/2015/03/how- ... org-video/) to learn how to post roll daily from a pc.

Offline jswiss11

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2018-01-08 00:24:00
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 09:26:00 AM »
if you can find them, flavored toothpicks always take my mind off it as I gnaw them down to little splinters. I still chew sunflower seeds by the bag. gum and mints. if and when you want to give fake pouches a try... grinds are great. I really like the brand Teaza. but they are more like snus. you can get good spit out of them, but they all are flavored. and quite frankly taste like shit. BUT - anything but the death dirt is a win.

I feel your pain Hauler. I chewed skoal for 16 years - and before and during the first part of my quit I was concerned like "but this is how I get work done - with my dip". It will be a challenge. a serious fucking challenge. but I promise you week 2 is a bit better than the first. same for month 2... and so on.

come in to this site whenever you need to. better yet- share some phone numbers with people and you can always have a lifeline. I just sent you mine.

quit with you today. - Jswiss

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Computer gaming, music, mechanics, music, music, music...staying quit
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 08:28:00 AM »
Just ordered some Hooch Spitfire. I think having something ii can pack will be better than pouches right now. I wish the Grind came in something other than pouches.

8.5 hours in...seems like a dumb amount of time to be celebrating, but this is probably the longest I've ever gone without a dip while awake.
Quit day: 9/23/16   HOF day: 12/31/16   2nd Floor: 4/10/17   3rd Floor: 7/19/17   1 Year: 9/23/17   4th Floor: 10/27/17   5th Floor: 2/4/18   6th Floor: 5/15/18   7th Floor: 8/23/18   2 Years: 09/23/18

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 05:52:00 AM »
Nice intro. Welcome to KTC.

It's gonna suck for a week or so as the nicotine washes out of your system. A couple things to do: drink lots of water (those gas stations have rest rooms, hit them all), exercise, use this site and chat to pass craves.

Trident gum will help. If you need more, lots of alternatives including fake dip ranging from Smokey Mountain Mint to Grinds coffee.

You can do this, hour by hour, gas station by gas station.

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Computer gaming, music, mechanics, music, music, music...staying quit
Day 1: Here we fucking go
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 04:14:00 AM »
I didn't even know this site existed 6 hours ago, but now it feels like a Godsend.

Been hooked on Copenhagen for 19 years, as of yesterday, 2 cans a day.

I've tried quitting 1000 times, and am never successful, it always ends in, "Nah, I'll try again tomorrow."

On August 5th, I was 280 lbs, today I am a MUCH happier 202. I feel amazing, I have more energy, and I wonder why I didn't make that decision years ago.
Long story short, I realized I'm a dumbass, because the most obvious thing I could do to improve my health was staring me in the face. I need to quit dipping. Now.

So at about 11pm, I ran out of dip, at 12, I stopped at a gas station, and bought 8 packs of Trident gum, all different flavors.

It was an easy decision to make, but it's proving to be a hard decision to follow through on, and I'm only 4 hours in.

I'm sitting at home right now at my computer, and am not having a lot of trouble, but what's got me worried is work. I am a truck driver, and more specifically I haul gas. Which means I have a lot of idle time behind the wheel which has usually included having a dip, and I've got constant access to gas stations...

I'm crap at introductions, hopefully this is good enough. I'm goi ng to continue to lurk and scour through as many things as I can read tonight on here. Thank you guys for being here, I look forward to life without Cope.
Quit day: 9/23/16   HOF day: 12/31/16   2nd Floor: 4/10/17   3rd Floor: 7/19/17   1 Year: 9/23/17   4th Floor: 10/27/17   5th Floor: 2/4/18   6th Floor: 5/15/18   7th Floor: 8/23/18   2 Years: 09/23/18

Offline harvestgirl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • That tempest in a teapot....
  • Quit Date: 9/26/16
  • Interests: Throat punching the was of cat shit from your face
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Gas Day 1
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 07:42:46 PM »
Happy 800 to the best quit buddy a jerk could ask for!
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas
Quit Date: 9.26.16 HOF Date: 1.3.17 9th Floor: 3.14.19
Read my Intro.
Read my HOF Speech.

Offline Broccoli-saurus

• Quit King
  • Badass Unicorn Riders of Quittin Spittin Saloon
  • Quit Date: 6/10/17
  • Likes Given: 1290
Re: Gas Day 1
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 01:08:04 PM »
Nobody wrote me a poem.  sniff.

LOL.  Kickin ass Gas, glad to be associated with your sorry ass, you look like you fell face first through glass, you sasafras!

Offline Samrs

• GUD BOI!
  • Administrator
  • Master of Quit
  • Just freaking post roll, OK?
  • Quit Date: 10 Jan 2017
  • Interests: Writing, gaming (computer, tabletop, board and card), SF/Fantasy, hapkido.
  • Likes Given: 1561
Re: Two years!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 12:41:45 PM »
Not going to come up with a fancy poem like I did for 500, but you hit two years today.

Two. Fucking. Years.

I know you never thought you'd make it this far. It's been a rough damn road, full of obstacles and stressful events that would have made a lesser man cave with bullshit excuses.

But here you are and it's enough of a milestone where I suppose I should be nice to you, not call you names or anything. I'm damn proud to be associated with

Oh, who am I kidding?

Happy fucking two years, bitch. Stupid proud of you.

Vibratulations on your 2 years quit Gas! ❤😘

Two years, man... That. Is. Freaking. FANTASTIC!

Congratulations.  Thanks for being here, and being you.  It's made a difference to a hell of a lot of people.
"We have so much experience here in lying to ourselves and others, that it takes a strong voice to snap ourselves out of it... Be thankful that all these people are willing to be invested in you saving your life." -- drstober
"You're playing a game of chicken with a dead plant in a plastic can. If you cave you lost to a dead plant." -- Candoit
"The answer isn't more numbers. The answer is build relationships." -- Broccoli-saurus
"ok. now groop hug." -- 'drome
"The rule is WUPP (Wake Up Piss Post) regardless of time or zone, unless you are in the Phantom Zone.  In that case, hit up Jor-El and he can get you on roll." -- S412
My Intro - The Weight of Days - Mall Walking - Workin' it off in the Excercise Group

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2042
Re: Two years!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 11:23:00 AM »
Not going to come up with a fancy poem like I did for 500, but you hit two years today.

Two. Fucking. Years.

I know you never thought you'd make it this far. It's been a rough damn road, full of obstacles and stressful events that would have made a lesser man cave with bullshit excuses.

But here you are and it's enough of a milestone where I suppose I should be nice to you, not call you names or anything. I'm damn proud to be associated with

Oh, who am I kidding?

Vibratulations on your 2 years quit Gas! ❤😘
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:47:46 AM by ChickDip »
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline harvestgirl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • That tempest in a teapot....
  • Quit Date: 9/26/16
  • Interests: Throat punching the was of cat shit from your face
  • Likes Given: 47
Two years!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 11:09:18 AM »

Two. Fucking. Years.

Oh, who am I kidding?

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas
Quit Date: 9.26.16 HOF Date: 1.3.17 9th Floor: 3.14.19
Read my Intro.
Read my HOF Speech.

Offline Gas

• Quit Pro
Day 1: Here we fucking go
« on: September 23, 2018, 08:02:21 AM »
Gas
September 23rd, 2016, 4:14 am

I didn't even know this site existed 6 hours ago, but now it feels like a Godsend.

Been hooked on Copenhagen for 19 years, as of yesterday, 2 cans a day.

I've tried quitting 1000 times, and am never successful, it always ends in, "Nah, I'll try again tomorrow."

On August 5th, I was 280 lbs, today I am a MUCH happier 202. I feel amazing, I have more energy, and I wonder why I didn't make that decision years ago.
Long story short, I realized I'm a dumbass, because the most obvious thing I could do to improve my health was staring me in the face. I need to quit dipping. Now.

So at about 11pm, I ran out of dip, at 12, I stopped at a gas station, and bought 8 packs of Trident gum, all different flavors.

It was an easy decision to make, but it's proving to be a hard decision to follow through on, and I'm only 4 hours in.

I'm sitting at home right now at my computer, and am not having a lot of trouble, but what's got me worried is work. I am a truck driver, and more specifically I haul gas. Which means I have a lot of idle time behind the wheel which has usually included having a dip, and I've got constant access to gas stations...

I'm crap at introductions, hopefully this is good enough. I'm going to continue to lurk and scour through as many things as I can read tonight on here. Thank you guys for being here, I look forward to life without Cope.

Nomore1959
September 23rd, 2016, 5:52 am

Nice intro. Welcome to KTC.

It's gonna suck for a week or so as the nicotine washes out of your system. A couple things to do: drink lots of water (those gas stations have rest rooms, hit them all), exercise, use this site and chat to pass craves.

Trident gum will help. If you need more, lots of alternatives including fake dip ranging from Smokey Mountain Mint to Grinds coffee.

You can do this, hour by hour, gas station by gas station.

Gas
September 23rd, 2016, 8:28 am

Just ordered some Hooch Spitfire. I think having something ii can pack will be better than pouches right now. I wish the Grind came in something other than pouches.

8.5 hours in...seems like a dumb amount of time to be celebrating, but this is probably the longest I've ever gone without a dip while awake.

jswiss11
September 23rd, 2016, 9:26 am

if you can find them, flavored toothpicks always take my mind off it as I gnaw them down to little splinters. I still chew sunflower seeds by the bag. gum and mints. if and when you want to give fake pouches a try... grinds are great. I really like the brand Teaza. but they are more like snus. you can get good spit out of them, but they all are flavored. and quite frankly taste like shit. BUT - anything but the death dirt is a win.

I feel your pain Hauler. I chewed skoal for 16 years - and before and during the first part of my quit I was concerned like "but this is how I get work done - with my dip". It will be a challenge. a serious fucking challenge. but I promise you week 2 is a bit better than the first. same for month 2... and so on.

come in to this site whenever you need to. better yet- share some phone numbers with people and you can always have a lifeline. I just sent you mine.

quit with you today. - Jswiss

Sooner87
September 23rd, 2016, 11:26 am

Welcome to freedom. Lurk and scour, and then lurk and scour some more. Put anything in your lip but the trash of Nicotine. I still chew on raw ginger. It's gotten me to day 95. I quit with you today.

Register on this site and find your quit group. If you do it now you would be in the December 2016 (topic/11758795/145/#new) group and its pretty cool that you can still make a commitment to hit 100 days in 2016!

Watch this video here (http://blog.killthecan.org/2015/03/how- ... org-video/) to learn how to post roll daily from a pc.
Last edited by Sooner87 on September 23rd, 2016, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
This. And some will say that they have caved even after reading this. So Sad. I AM QUIT! RIP traumagnet
http://forum.killthecan.org/single/?p=9973817&t=1010002

Gas
September 23rd, 2016, 11:40 am

Raw ginger? Sounds like something that's worth trying. Thanks for the idea!

Sooner87
September 23rd, 2016

Yep, and it's healthy for you. Takes care of the oral fixation. Also, if that doesn't work, go find a drawer about waste high, open drawer, insert ball sack, slam drawer. You won't think about chewing after that for a while.

Gas
September 23, 2016, 10:45am

Fuck that! I'll try the ginger. Lol

BNola
September 23rd, 2016, 10:44

six days ago I came down with a wicked chest cold. I came across this site and read the words "man up, cold turkey is the only way to do it". I flushed what dip I had left and quit.

It has been difficult. I seriously went bonkers for the first 4 days. I'm sure the cold meds added to it but I've been out of my head. Cold sweats, cravings, irritability, sleeplessness, etc.

The worse my conditions are the better because I want to remember exactly how shitty I have felt for the past five days. Every time I get a craving I think is it worth 5 days of misery?

Use the shitty feeling you're feeling right now to convince yourself a dip ain't worth it.

KingNothing
September 23rd, 2016 11:45:am

Grinds pouches are nothing more than ground coffee with a pouch around it. Find yourself a bucket of Folgers (or something better) and keep it in your truck. I've dipped coffee grounds a few times and it helps with that lip fixation and tastes way better than dip too.

Seems like you're ready to make a change and this site and the people on it can get you there. Keep reading everything you can and keep that shit out of your lip. It'll suck til it doesn't, but when it doesn't any more, you will never regret it.

Idaho Spuds
September 23rd, 2016 11:50 am

I like flavored toothpicks as well. The kind I buy is tea tree therapy, cinnamon or mint.
I would just have a lot of different options available and when you used to chew while waiting replace that with something else. And if possible something positive like exercise. Get a grip strengthener, reduces blood pressure and calms you down and nothing like shaking someones hand like the worlds strongest man
ID SPuds
PS, message me if you need anything

Gas
September 23rd, 2016, 10:53am

Man, I'm miserable right now, but not regretting it for a second. I know this isn't going to be easy, I'm only 12 hours in and it sucks, but I know the health benefits, and the knowledge that I made this my bitch will make it all worth it.

This forum is amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

Sooner87
September 23rd 2016, 10:55am

Never forget the promise that you made/make every day. That promise kept me from buying another can. It's pretty damn powerful. The integrity card....hold on to it!

Gas
September 23rd 2016, 10:55am

Hah...funny you mention that, I've sat and played my Les Paul since I stopped working tonight. Something ii live to take my mind off of something I want to hate. It's worked, too

KingNothing
September 23rd 2016, 12:19pm

Develop that hatred. It's not just the health benefits you will be reaping. You are gaining your freedom back. You were enslaved by nicotine for far too long. You have the opportunity and the tools to be free from the chains of that addiction. You're right, it's miserable at first, but bottle that misery up because you never want to forget what it's like to be a driveling, withdrawing, pathetic addict. If you never forget, you'll never go back to the poison that did that to you.

Good start. Do whatever it takes to keep nic out of your mouth today. Get up and do it again tomorrow. It'll get easier, I promise you that.

Gas
September 24th 2018, 0:17

So here I am unloading my truck at a gas station in Louisville, my mind is all over the place, mostly lusting over new guitars on my phone. I check to see what time it is, because this is my last load, and I want to go home and either play my guitar, or video games or something. Really just not be at work. When I checked the time, it was 12:05, and my thoughts were "Awesome, 24 hours...HOLY FUCK I'VE GONE 24 HOURS AND 4 MINUTES WITHOUT A DIP!!!!"

Backwoods901
September 24th 2018 16:39

That's awesome bro!!!! It's the little wins that help your stay quit always one damn day at a time

JGlav
September 26th 2018 12:55

For sure one day at a time is the way. Posting roll and giving your word is where accountability begins. You have a lot of kick ass quitters in your intro giving advice. They all have one thing in common.
They are true to their word when they post their day and promise to not use nicotine. Glad to quit with you today.

KingNothing
September 26th 2018 14:50

Nice job lending support to January. Continue to be involved and spread you quit around. The farther and deeper your quit reaches, the less chance you will fail because you will be letting down not just yourself, but all those others that you have supported or that have supported you.
Keep it up Gas, you've got a great start.

Gas
October 22, 2016 04:22am

I would just like to update this.

Today is day 30, and I feel amazing. I've had some really hard days, and know that I have more to come in the future, but every time I get to post roll, and add another day, I am motivated.

This website is the most amazing place in the world. If it's any consolation to anyone, it does get easier, but for the hard days, there is a huge community here to support you. Not one of these guys would ever turn down a chance to help someone having a hard or even an easy day.

There is no way I would ever let myself or anyone in these forums down by breaking my quit.

Long story short, I don't think I've ever quit for more than 2 days until now. It is possible, but you have to have that accountability and support. Make the decision now to help yourself. 30 days in, and I'm looking forward to 30 more!

Any new or old quitters, hit me up in PM, I'm glad to share my number and be there for anyone that needs a kick in the ass.

Worktowin
October 22nd, 2016 06:30

^^^this dude gets it.
Great post man.

Backwoods901
October 22nd, 2016 09:24

I will be glad to shoot you mine in PM, Especially since you seem to be an early starter for work like i am.

JGlav
October 24th 2016 14:14

Kickin ass gas. I love it. Keep staying positive and owning your quit. You are on it my man!!

Thumblewort
October 24th, 2016, 13:49

Heya quitter, just curious how you lost 78 pounds in a month? That's the diet I want!

harvestgirl
January 11th, 2017, 02:40

Update your intro.

Gas
January 11th, 2017, 02:47

Don't tell me what to do

harvestgirl
January 11th, 2017, 03:03

fugas.

ChickDip
April 10th, 2017, 11:56

Congrats on hitting the second floor!!

Ready
April 10th, 2017, 14:01

Congrats on 200 days of freedom!

tjschu
April 10th, 2017, 15:04

Congrats on the second floor!

aaron2012
April 10th, 2017, 15:54

way to go!

Cantrap
April 10th, 2017, 16:34

Atta boy Gassy!!!

tjschu
July 19th, 2017, 07:41

Third floor =BAQ!!!! Congrats man! Proud to quit with you EDD!!! Keep killing it bother!

Nomore1959
July 19th, 2017, 07:41

Congrats on 300!

ChickDip
July 20th, 2017, 11:58

Congrats and vibrates on your 3rd floor view brother!

CavMan83
July 21st, 2017, 09:45

Morning bubba.... Awesome job on the THREE HUNNERT.... in a way, I'm kinda glad I missed that day, cause now I can use THIS, to call you a BOSS!

Admittedly corny and if you're not a blue oval fan, my apologies!!

Gas
July 21st, 2017, 21:35

Ford fan all the way, I want that car.

pab1964
July 23rd, 2017, 02:41

Congratulations my brother on the 3rd floor! Keep doing what your doing

tjschu
September 22nd, 2017, 08:08

Congrats on one year quit!!! You are truly a BAQ!!

jeffw
September 22nd, 2017, 08:55

congrats on 1 year

BrianG
September 22nd, 2017, 12:11

Congratulations on 1 year Gas!!! Nice job. Thank you for all the support!

ChickDip
September 22nd, 2017, 12:46

Vibrates Gas on 1 trip around the sun.

pab1964
September 24th, 2017, 09:02

Congratulations my friend! ODAAT

ChickDip
October 27th, 2017, 14:07

GAS Vibratulations on hitting the 4th floor! Thanks for the laughs, usually when i need them haha

Clemte
October 27th, 2017, 15:26

Congrats on the 4th floor Gas! You've become a huge part of my quit, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

harvestgirl
November 29th, 2017, 05:20

Happy day 433. ?

ChickDip
February 4th, 2018, 01:50

Happy Half Dangle Day FUGAS!
??
There's now written proof that your quit is bad-assy.

harvestgirl
February 4th, 2018, 12:02

The Half-Dangle of the Quitter formerly known as Gashauler502
Happy 500 to the quitter who saved my quit much more than a handful of times.

You letting me completely ream you in chat to let off rage, and the depressive funk started a friendship that solidified with uncanny parallels, the same view on life, sarcastic wit, and a sick sense of humor. I'm glad to know that you have my back, and I know dozens of other quitters feel the same.

I can't think of anyone else that sat for 8 hours in chat trying to talk a quitter off the edge, and then do it again the next night.

Thank you for being an example to follow, not only to me, but to the rest of the Ninja's, and to so many others on this site.
You went from two packs of Red's and two cans of Cope a day to quitting cold turkey. Look how far you've come.

Not only have you stayed quit through so many ups and downs, stressful times and circumstances when most people would have thrown in the towel, you fought through and never hesitated to help a new quitter through the first few days, or the seasoned vet that needed a boost through a foggy patch. Actions like that don't go unnoticed.

And just so it doesn't get lost:
There once was a quitter named Gassy
He was known for the smells in his... chassis
But now he hauls cars
And still drives quite far
Let it be known his quit is bad-assy.
I told you I'd be nice on your 500. Tomorrow it's game on again, bitch.

tjschu
February 6th, 2018, 06:38

Congrats on the half dangle you BAQ!!!

pab1964
February 6th, 2018, 18:53

Damn......Just........Damn! Glad to have Vito know you my friend. Man of few words but make the ones you use count.

batdad
May 15th, 2018, 08:54

600??? That's fucking awesome!!! Keep it up brother!!

BrianG
May 15th, 2018, 09:53

Congrats on 600 days quit!!

CBird65
May 15th, 2018, 15:25

git r done!

pab1964
May 15th, 2018, 23:04

Attaboy gas

ChickDip
May 15th, 2018, 23:37

Awesome quit Gas ?

tjschu
May 16th, 2018, 11:42

Well done Gas!

FLLipOut
May 17th, 2018, 22:38

Nice shiny new floor, there, Gas. Congratulations!!

ChickDip
August 24th, 2018, 11:29

Vibrates on hitting the 7th floor Gas!

tjschu
August 24th, 2018, 12:13

Congrats on 7 floors!!

batdad
August 24th, 2018, 12:23

7 floors of awesomeness!!

Cbird65
August 28th, 2018, 14:08

Rock that 7th GAS!!!

pab1964
August 28th, 2018, 21:05

Attaboy Gas!

Falcon67
August 28th, 2018, 21:24

Congratulations on hitting the seventh floor!

harvestgirl
August 30th, 2018, 13:54

Happy 707.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 05:25:33 PM by Gas »