Author Topic: CC268 the trifecta of idiocy  (Read 9108 times)

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: CC268 the trifecta of idiocy
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 01:48:00 PM »
Quote from: CC268
I posted roll
Good job! Welcome!

Don't fuck this up.

Offline CC268

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 01:41:00 PM »
I posted roll

Offline syndrome

• geezer squad
  • Master of Quit
  • you kids get off my yard
  • Quit Date: 11/13/08
  • Likes Given: 670
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
man what a bunch a dicks here... and evry one of um dissided that they wood rather be dicks then rong. you lissin to these dicks.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Quote from: Evil_Won
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: CoachDoc
Well I quit in December for about 34 days. I was doing really well, in fact my first few days weren't bad since I was sick when I quit. My quit was going quite well and then I started again due to some personal issues that came up. My roommate smokes as well which triggered it a bit. I have been dipping on a regular basis for over a year and a half. I am getting really tired of it and it is becoming a major annoyance. However, I am having a really tough time quitting again. Every time I tell myself I want to quit I wake up in the morning and go back to it. I want to quit though and I am thinking about just quitting today.

When I quit it was awesome to be free of it and my appetite was much better and I just felt a lot healthier in general, however this stuff just keeps me hooked no matter what I tell myself
I hate to rain on the parade and look like the biggest DICK in the world, but let's get a few things straight:

First, you never QUIT.

You took a break....decided to "experiment with not using".........didn't feel like it for a few days.....had better things to spend your money on....

Whatever it was, it wasn't quit and you didn't think it important enough to continue.

Second, if all you think of this is as "a annoyance," then you will never take it as serious as you need to in order to be QUIT.

You don't quit again....you QUIT. And if all you are doing is thinking about just quitting, then you are not committed to the quit and are doomed t be repeating the same pattern you have been following for who knows how long.

The stuff doesn't keep you hooked no matter what you tell yourself. YOU keep yourself hooked because of what you tell yourself - "It's just an annoyance...."

Now, before you run off and vow to not use this site because it is full of mean old dickheads - AKA CoachDoc et al - you need to understand that this site is about owning the truth, facing the truth and getting this nasty, DEADLY addiction out of your LIFE.

If you decide to QUIT, then QUIT. Right now. And I promise you you will have the support of all here....Give your word. Make the promise to not use and post roll.
x2.

And if you think we're being dicks, then you don't really want to quit. The point that doc is trying to make is that you have to change your mindset. We all have to stop blaming our problem on every situation and unpleasant thing that comes along. That's not the problem. The problem is that we're addicts. We have to address that. EVERYTHING is a trigger. There will always be something to blame our failures on, but those failures are always going to be cause by our inablity to address the addiction.

My addiction was MY PROBLEM. You wanna know who fixed it? Me. I overcame it. Each quitter here can say that, so they are all badasses. Yes, KTC helped, but it comes down to the addict. A wise quitter, Scowick said a while back: ".....in the end, there is only one way out - no nicotine today".

Never again..... for any reason.

Please add me to the list of mean old dickheads.
Mrs Evil calls me a dick, or worse, on a daily basis so allow me to jump in.

An annoyance? Try communicating by tapping your fingers on a table or by blinking because you have no tonuge or throat. Try eating through a tube that goes directly into your stomach. Try walking into a store and seeing kids run away screaming because half your face has been removed and you look like a monster.

Those are "annoying". Dipping is stupid. Not quitting is being a big stinky puss.
We have quitters here that have remained quit through some very tough times, up to and including the passing their very own children. So don't give us this bullshit of "personal issues". If whatever you have going on your life is exactly equal to that, then you have my condolences.

Otherwise, sack up.
Can I be a dick and join the sausage fest? I am so sick of nicotine and the power she has on the blind. Yeah your mind and understanding is blind!!! 'bang head'

You are an addict and you can't just will a quit, you can't hope a quit, God doesn't save you in addiction, he leads you to a place where you can be strong and powerful over your addiction. Once you put the work in, you will thank God that he taught you to be powerful and not hopeless.

What do you fear? That you can never have just one pinch of chew again? SO FUCKING WHAT! BIG DEAL! Why so loyal champ? What does the can of shit do for you? For me I can say nothing! It damned my progression and my successes.

"Personal Issues", "I was drunk", "In first grade, mommy didn't care about the fire truck I drew so I was never validated" So I chewed!

Are you reading this princess? Quit and we will empathize with family issues, we will share the burden of getting over this terrorist in your life. Until then you are a coward that prefers bondage over the unknown feeling of freedom.

Blowing nicotine because you feel sorry for yourself? PLEASE, I used to be you and it sucked.

WAKE UP YOU ADDICTED FUCK! STOP YOUR PITTY PARTY AND JUST QUIT. POST DAY ONE NOW and tell all the nicotine junkies to fuck off. You came here for 30 days and has a good run? No it wasn't. You didn't even fight to be a HOFamer. Your run sucked and what are you going to do. Feel sorry that you surrendered and went back to hell or are you ready to follow the plan?

Post roll every day! (Without fail) Keep your promise and repeat. You do that and you will not fail. I'll even be your friend.

Until then, Tobacco humpers are not my friends. My addicted mind is not my friend. I will fight and battle until my final breath! You sir are lost, quit the can and realize your strength!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline SummersEve

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
Well I quit in December for about 34 days. I was doing really well, in fact my first few days weren't bad since I was sick when I quit. My quit was going quite well and then I started again due to some personal issues that came up. My roommate smokes as well which triggered it a bit. I have been dipping on a regular basis for over a year and a half. I am getting really tired of it and it is becoming a major annoyance. However, I am having a really tough time quitting again. Every time I tell myself I want to quit I wake up in the morning and go back to it. I want to quit though and I am thinking about just quitting today.

When I quit it was awesome to be free of it and my appetite was much better and I just felt a lot healthier in general, however this stuff just keeps me hooked no matter what I tell myself
I myself "quit" over a year ago through the "I will quit tomorrow" method and then I actually stopped for a few weeks when I ran out of tobacco and didn't buy any more. Then, after a few weeks the temptation got strong and I started buying nicotine gum, and then when that gum wasn't strong enough, I rolled straight back to the cancer candy.

I honestly think the key to a real quit is that you just do it. You don't say "tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow." You just have to hit a moment where you say "fuck you, I'm done" and then quit right then and there.

I'm a total n00b, but on Sunday night I just got absolutely disgusted with myself. I mean purely and totally disgusted that I could fucking do that to my body. I googled "chew alternatives" or something like that and a bunch of reviews/descriptions on KTC was one of the first pages that came up and so I checked out the forums. The dudes here have it straight, you just gotta quit. None of this "I want to quit" or "I will quit tomorrow" bullshit. That shit doesn't amount to anything, you gotta just do it.

Fuck, I spent an hour reading the stories on here and perusing the cancer pics. If you can read those stories and look at those pics and still go back to the can, you should become familiar with the works of Darwin because natural selection is gonna take your ass out of the gene pool because you are fucking weak. For fuck's sake, there is a member on here who just had a biopsy and who will find out in a week if he has CANCER. This cancer isn't like the shit "oh, I worked on asbestos lined buildings for 30 years and no one knew it was dangerouts" - no dude, this shit is SELF INFLICTED CANCER that is medically documented. If you have found this site, there is no fucking excuse for you to continue that shit, you have total notice of the dangers.

And think of the money you are blowing. Seriously. I was spending between $84 and $90 a week on General Snus ($6 a can times 14-15 cans a week) and when I thought about pissing over $4k a year down the toilet with abso-fucking-lutely nothing to show for it, my anger became even bigger. You gotta get fucking mad, dude. You're a god damned mark who has been played for a buster by some fucking tobacco company for years and the only things you have to show for it are (i) a fucked up spot on your gums (ii) some brown in your teeth, (iii) higher risk of various types of cancer, (iv) damage to your cardiovascular system, (v) an addiction that is a pain in the ass to kick and (vi) a bunch of other bad shit.

And if getting pissed at the tobacco company doesn't work, think of how much money you are giving to fucking government in taxes on that shit. Holy shit, the taxes on tobacco where I live are so high and they just go to lining some connected crony pocket. That pisses me off even more than the tobacco company.

Please, dude, get fucking mad and quit.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Evil_Won

I hate to rain on the parade and look like the biggest DICK in the world, but let's get a few things straight:

First, you never QUIT.

You took a break....decided to "experiment with not using".........didn't feel like it for a few days.....had better things to spend your money on....

Whatever it was, it wasn't quit and you didn't think it important enough to continue.

Second, if all you think of this is as "a annoyance," then you will never take it as serious as you need to in order to be QUIT.

You don't quit again....you QUIT. And if all you are doing is thinking about just quitting, then you are not committed to the quit and are doomed t be repeating the same pattern you have been following for who knows how long.

The stuff doesn't keep you hooked no matter what you tell yourself. YOU keep yourself hooked because of what you tell yourself - "It's just an annoyance...."

Now, before you run off and vow to not use this site because it is full of mean old dickheads - AKA CoachDoc et al - you need to understand that this site is about owning the truth, facing the truth and getting this nasty, DEADLY addiction out of your LIFE.

If you decide to QUIT, then QUIT. Right now. And I promise you you will have the support of all here....Give your word. Make the promise to not use and post roll.
x2.

And if you think we're being dicks, then you don't really want to quit. The point that doc is trying to make is that you have to change your mindset. We all have to stop blaming our problem on every situation and unpleasant thing that comes along. That's not the problem. The problem is that we're addicts. We have to address that. EVERYTHING is a trigger. There will always be something to blame our failures on, but those failures are always going to be cause by our inablity to address the addiction.

My addiction was MY PROBLEM. You wanna know who fixed it? Me. I overcame it. Each quitter here can say that, so they are all badasses. Yes, KTC helped, but it comes down to the addict. A wise quitter, Scowick said a while back: ".....in the end, there is only one way out - no nicotine today".

An annoyance? Try communicating by tapping your fingers on a table or by blinking because you have no tonuge or throat. Try eating through a tube that goes directly into your stomach. Try walking into a store and seeing kids run away screaming because half your face has been removed and you look like a monster.

Those are "annoying". Dipping is stupid. Not quitting is being a big stinky puss.
We have quitters here that have remained quit through some very tough times, up to and including the passing their very own children. So don't give us this bullshit of "personal issues". If whatever you have going on your life is exactly equal to that, then you have my condolences.

Otherwise, sack up.

Offline Evil_Won

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: none
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »

First, you never QUIT.

x2.

"Dunno about you HP, but LOOT doesn't like getting assfucked, by anyone....and certainly won't chalk it up to 'shit happens'."

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »

First, you never QUIT.

x2.

Make Your Decision

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 10:07:00 AM »

First, you never QUIT.

x2.

Offline CoachDoc

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-02-24
  • Interests: Coaching football/baseball, reading, hiking, kayaking, camping, watching my 4 sons grow up
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 09:58:00 AM »

First, you never QUIT.

Blah...Blah...Blah...You keep TALKIN....I'll keep QUITTIN

I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to support YOUR quit.

Quit Date: 2/25/10 and every day since
HoF: June 4, 2010
HOF Speech
10th Floor: November 20, 2012

Offline EFNKodiak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-27
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »
CC268, You can do it. I quit on Wednesday and I am still quit. It totally sucks, but you can do it. Go out and buy some gum or sunflower seeds to keep your mind off the dip. This site is a great resource. Read the stories, be inspired, and do this for yourself. Don't let this dirty brown shit own you. I'll stay quit with you today.

Offline jaynellie

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: being a good husband a good dad, riding our quads at the dunes, watching my children turn into adults
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »

Don't think DO!!! Throw that shit in the shitter and go post roll in June quit group. Reach down in those pretty pink panties you have on and grab that sack like it's yours and not the Nic Bitches. Come back tomorrow and do the same, one day at a time, 24 hours, 1,440 minutes, no more no less.
"You never have to remember what you said, if you always tell the truth"

"Post roll everyday and your chances of staying quit goes up 100%" --mememe

Offline CC268

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
CC268 the trifecta of idiocy
« on: March 01, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »