Author Topic: A New Day - Day 1  (Read 887 times)

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
Re: A New Day - Day 1
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 04:11:00 PM »
Quote from: FatHeadRed
I made sure i cleaned out the truck and my office desk of all of those old water bottles and solo cups....I had some of the wife's co workers get in my truck on Friday when we gone to lunch and had to shove a few in the door panel as I was ashamed. 'bang head'
Burn the boat. NHNNNIML
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline Candoit

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • The Candy Man
  • Quit Date: Today
  • Likes Given: 121
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 04:10:00 PM »
Nah..there have been plenty of gingers....
Quote from: Candoit
I had some time to tour the facility with my fellow Ginger, BigRedDude44. During our extend stroll through the Emporium, we had some time to exchange pleasantries and acquire a new appreciation for being the caboose of this train wreck. As I dispose of the sleeper sofa, please enjoy:
Interview with a Ginger

There was a disturbance in the Flannel Network: aka the Force for Gingers, as we posse the ability to sense the presence of the soulless, pale, and freckled kin. There he was towering above all to see, a ginger above gingers whose milk toast complexion, makes Marilyn Mason look like a Baywatch extra, with the opaqueness of copy paper, nodded in excitement of a fellow ginger.
You see the gingers are selected above all else to be the carrots of society, buried so only the tops can be seen. Therefore, as we take our place in the back of the October HOF Train, we sit down in the last two chairs on the platform. Only after a 72-hour period of binge watching the GBN (Ginger Broadcasting Network), we began conversing. You see as gingers we are not permitted to watch any movie or television show that does not contain a ginger. This is not due to the prejudices that exist or a violation of civil rights, all other forms of entertainment do not satisfy our hyper-evolved sophisticated sense of humor. So after watching The Brat Pack (Molly Ringwald) series and Woody Allen movies, we were ready to begin discussing the finer points of life, the Highland Games.
After the heated debate of whoÂ’s favored to when the Caber Toss, I still say McKim is in his prime. I find that BigRedDude44 prefers to referred to as Runks, but this poses the question; what does Mrs. Runks call him? Runkypoo? It was a 36 year journey that brought him to this point in his life, only after his gums where red and raw. A ginger quits because of red? Does anyone else see the irony? Since the start of his quit journey he has made some friends, only because he was smart enough not to use this picture as his avatar. That is smart thinking! I should have thought of it myself.
I soon found that this ginger does not sleep, that only helps prove that we are vampires and have no soul. He soon was sharing way more information than I cared to know, especially that weird goal in life to come back as a bird dog to have sex with a gorilla behind a deer blind. To each their own, but when he shared that I had never seen BoneDiddley act so strangely, even when he walked in on Jama and CLW, at the pottery wheel.
As we continued to move towards the HOF platform he broke out in a Hank Williams Jr medley, that caused several of the quitters to jump out of the window of the moving train, I had never seen Knix, Jspencer, and Oxman move so quickly. I didnÂ’t think it was as bad as his version of Celebration, when the Cowboys won their preseason Blue/White scrimmage.
As we waited for our turn to board, the train the Ginger fell asleep on the sleeper sofa, now for a ginger to oversleep, is like saying FredR remembers to post before 6 pm. Now when that horn blew, (Who knew that the HOF horn played YMCA?) Now that ginger hung like a baby, 7 lbs 14 oz, 18.5 inches, proceeded to get his protector of the burning bush trapped in the couch, causing a momentary panic. But this father of 2, with the grace of the Dancing Hippos from Fantasia, saved his towering redwood sapling, and made it aboard the HOF express. Proving once again, that Aristotle was correct. In his work Physiognomic, he stated “people with tawny colored hair are brave because they have the same hair color as lions, while the reddish cannot be trusted because they have the same hair color as foxes. Well, partly correct, while the ginger in question, maybe sly and look like Swiper the Fox, he is nothing but a 6’6” walking model to quitters, and gingers everywhere, of how to be a Bad Ass Quitter.
There are no circumstances in which using nicotine will improve the outcome.

My journey. The best part it is not over yet.

Offline FatHeadRed

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-02-16
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 03:11:00 PM »
I made sure i cleaned out the truck and my office desk of all of those old water bottles and solo cups....I had some of the wife's co workers get in my truck on Friday when we gone to lunch and had to shove a few in the door panel as I was ashamed. 'bang head'

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-16
  • Interests: Hunting and Fishing!http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 02:50:00 PM »
Thanks Rawls and everyone quitting with me.

I get it... I appreciate all the info and support, been reading alot of the forums and finding it real helpful. Also i joined the roll call.

To no more dip cups or bottles....
You wont miss the smell of the nasty old spit bottle that has been sitting in your car all week and every time you crack it open to spit, it gags you, but we as addicts kept doing it because we were slaves to the Devils dirt.
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

HOF 11/24/15 Zombroski Nymphos
1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

http://forum.killthecan.org/topic/11504909/

http://www.panicend.com/de.html

Offline FatHeadRed

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 02:42:00 PM »
Thanks Rawls and everyone quitting with me.

I get it... I appreciate all the info and support, been reading alot of the forums and finding it real helpful. Also i joined the roll call.

To no more dip cups or bottles....

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 10:22:00 AM »
Quote from: Cope30
Well guys (or gals) I am 34 and have been dipping since my teens. For the sake of the community, you can call me Red...Probably a pretty common nickname in the community...LOL

I took a break about 10 years ago for a few years while I had braces. Seemed like it was a good idea after I had them taken off to celebrate. Well, its been about 7 years since and I am at about 1 can a day of Grizzly Dark Wintergreen, sometimes less. I gone back and forth between compenhagen and kodiak before. I just recently moved and noticed that the cheapest place without traveling was going to cost an extra $5/week per roll. Then I started thinking about how much money I was just spitting out literally.....$100.00 a month x 12 months, $1,200.00. That is money that my family deserves, not my lip.

Not to mention this white spot on my gums I am worried about and have an appointment to get checked out. I had one cut off about 10 years ago that looked the same and they said it was nothing after the biopsy. Well let's hope it's the same.

I have to do this for my family. Two young girls and a loving wife. Seems like the man upstairs only takes away the good ones, so I better change my act before it's to late. I was planning on starting January 1st and it always seemed like a bad time, like I just had this fresh role, or still have a full can....Those excuses no more.

I guess it's been about 19 hours at the time of this post since my last dip (i did run out if anyone was wondering). I have refused to replenish my stock of dip. My whole morning routine is messed up. Today will be interesting trying to focus on work. Besides chewing gum, anyone have any suggestions to ease the the pain....

Red
Red welcome to the BROTHERHOOD. It is a hard thing to let go of, but you have come to the right place for support. Your quit group will be in May, so head over there and post roll.
You must make the commitment to not use Nic anymore, and if you get the urge, ask someone form your group for their digits, it helps.
Post roll EDD for yourself and the family.
I quit with you today......and CONGRATS ON THE QUIT
Posting roll and interacting with others is huge. Lots of wisdom in here.
Regarding your intro.
"I have to do this for my family"
Sounds good....but they will make it without you. Big man upstairs..... Can handle all that!
You gotta quit for YOU... Not them.
They will be long term recipient's.
If my wife and family begged me to chew..... I would not.
Let it be your deal......... EDD ODAAT!
Every Damn Day...One day at a time.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 457
I believe.....

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 10:09:00 AM »
Thanks Cope30, I'll head over there for the roll call.
Let someone know if you don't know how, but if you do, make sure no one else is posting at the same time as you or they will get bumped.
2 Timothy 1:7 - For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

Offline FatHeadRed

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 09:56:00 AM »
Thanks Cope30, I'll head over there for the roll call.

Offline Cope30

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 09:39:00 AM »
Well guys (or gals) I am 34 and have been dipping since my teens. For the sake of the community, you can call me Red...Probably a pretty common nickname in the community...LOL

I took a break about 10 years ago for a few years while I had braces. Seemed like it was a good idea after I had them taken off to celebrate. Well, its been about 7 years since and I am at about 1 can a day of Grizzly Dark Wintergreen, sometimes less. I gone back and forth between compenhagen and kodiak before. I just recently moved and noticed that the cheapest place without traveling was going to cost an extra $5/week per roll. Then I started thinking about how much money I was just spitting out literally.....$100.00 a month x 12 months, $1,200.00. That is money that my family deserves, not my lip.

Not to mention this white spot on my gums I am worried about and have an appointment to get checked out. I had one cut off about 10 years ago that looked the same and they said it was nothing after the biopsy. Well let's hope it's the same.

I have to do this for my family. Two young girls and a loving wife. Seems like the man upstairs only takes away the good ones, so I better change my act before it's to late. I was planning on starting January 1st and it always seemed like a bad time, like I just had this fresh role, or still have a full can....Those excuses no more.

I guess it's been about 19 hours at the time of this post since my last dip (i did run out if anyone was wondering). I have refused to replenish my stock of dip. My whole morning routine is messed up. Today will be interesting trying to focus on work. Besides chewing gum, anyone have any suggestions to ease the the pain....

Red
Red welcome to the BROTHERHOOD. It is a hard thing to let go of, but you have come to the right place for support. Your quit group will be in May, so head over there and post roll.
You must make the commitment to not use Nic anymore, and if you get the urge, ask someone form your group for their digits, it helps.
Post roll EDD for yourself and the family.
I quit with you today......and CONGRATS ON THE QUIT

1st Floor 11-24-15
2nd Floor 3-3-16
3rd Floor 6-11-16
4th Floor 9-19-16
5th Floor 12-27-16
6th Floor 4-7-17

Offline FatHeadRed

• Quitter
A New Day - Day 1
« on: February 17, 2016, 08:52:00 AM »

Red