Author Topic: 1 week down  (Read 774 times)

Offline gorilla1

• Quitter
  • Interests: Not dipping. Always looking how to be a better father. Trees, gardening, writing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1 week down
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2013, 09:10:00 AM »
Quote from: Radman
Quote from: Jbojie
Quote from: Justin466
Hi I'm Justin and it has been a week now since I put down the can. This week has been a tough one. I'm tired almost every minute of the day and I have been getting headaches. But I take the side effects of the "quit" with great pleasure and I welcome those feelings because that let's me know that I am winning the battle and that puts me one step closer. I dipped for six years and I almost always had one in, thus there are a lot of triggers and it's tough but worth it all in the end.
Justin

Welcome aboard. Yea the suck really does suck!! The fog the tiredness does go away.

Hang in there man! I quit with you today.

Keep the Faith!!
For most addicts, everything is a trigger if you let it be. You gotta fight through that. Be ever vigilant.
Justin,
Glad to be quit with you bro. Keep it up. You can do this! I hope you're getting hooked up with some good people on this site and getting involved. I can't believe this shit really works. Every new day I am in awe of what is happening to me and my life. No more dip for me. Ever. ODAAT!

As for triggers, this might be blasphemy, but I don't believe in them. What the fuck is a trigger? Life is a trigger. There isn't one thing in it that wasn't an excuse for shoving my face full of poisonous weed. Rain or shine, job or no job, happy or sad, she stays or she goes (which is worse?;). Whatever were the demands of life, my demand was dip. No more. Now when I have a tough day or a good day I share it with my quit brothers. I go to them with life and SHARE THAT with them. In fact, I like sharing and look forward to bringing these dudes into my life. I hope that you dive into that and join us.

PM should you want someone to share it with.

Peace.

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2013, 07:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Jbojie
Hi I'm Justin and it has been a week now since I put down the can. This week has been a tough one. I'm tired almost every minute of the day and I have been getting headaches. But I take the side effects of the "quit" with great pleasure and I welcome those feelings because that let's me know that I am winning the battle and that puts me one step closer. I dipped for six years and I almost always had one in, thus there are a lot of triggers and it's tough but worth it all in the end.
Justin

Welcome aboard. Yea the suck really does suck!! The fog the tiredness does go away.

Keep the Faith!!
For most addicts, everything is a trigger if you let it be. You gotta fight through that. Be ever vigilant.

Offline bjarrett74

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
Welcome Justin,

Good job on your Quit so far. PM me if you need a number or support.

Your Quit Brother,
Brian

Offline Its_Got2Happen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Staying Quit!!
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 08:11:00 PM »
Welcome to quit buddy. Six months, six years, 26 years doesnt make a damn bit of difference. It is still addiction and it is still a bitch to break free from. You can do this. It just takes some support. I quit with you man. I escaped my prison cell around 240 days ago. I would happy to pull a few pages out of my playbook for you. Send me a PM if you wanna trade numbers. I highly recommend that you grab a few numbers from your quit group too.

Offline Jbojie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Spending time with my best friend, who happens to be my wife.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
Justin

Keep the Faith!!
Keep the Faith!!
HOF 10/3/13

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »
Welcome Justin, I hear ya on the tired thing. I knew that'd be a side affect, but didn't realize it'd be quite as bad/constant as it has been. Of course sleeping normally hasn't quite happened yet either. But all the best to you, no matter how many years it's hard but doable!

Offline wmcatty

• Quit Pro
    • heartoftexasweather.org
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 04:03:00 PM »
Justin, you have come to the right place to quit. You will have more help, support and encouragement than you can imagine, but the really hard part will be up to you. Click on the welcome center and read everything you can. PM me with any questions or concerns you have. Again, congratulations on the best decision of your life...and welcome aboard the quit train!
"Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Justin466

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »
There is a big difference between six years and 31 years but the Mike Tyson analogy is very accurate to what it feels like.
No more Grizzly for me, bears are dangerous.

Offline construction24$7

• Quitter
  • Interests: Russian Women, Land Development, Fishing, Hunting and Quitting LFEDD.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
Good job Justin. I just finished my 6th day and feeling pretty strong. After 31 years of dipping, I feel like that I have been in the ring with Mike Tyson, but I know that I have the ability to beat him. Stay clean my friend............
Quit Date 08/19/2013
HOF 11/26/2013

2nd Floor 03/07/2014

Offline Justin466

1 week down
« on: August 24, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
No more Grizzly for me, bears are dangerous.