Author Topic: Day 6 of my new life!  (Read 659 times)

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Day 6 of my new life!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Sage
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: Sapper79
Just wanted to say Hello and Thank You to all of you. This site has been a great help. 6 days ago I quit Cope Long Cut cold turkey after 17 years (13 in the Army) I want to thank you guys because I almost did not make my 7th day. I have yet to try the Mint leaves or pills or anything other than normal gum and a bag of chips a day. I am at the stage now where I am more of an A hole than normal, I feel bad for my wife and kids. I miss having a chew in, I never relised that I was actually addicted to it! I am open to any pointers or tips that will help keep me off the dip!

Nick
Welcome in bro! Head into the "Welcome Center" up top and read up on joining your quit group, posting roll, and all the other tid-bits you'll need to know. We know what you're going through! I'm right at the start of my quit too... This site saved/is saving my life. Come here to read, learn, chat, vent... Especially that. We'll take whatever you have to dish out so you're not the asshole your family doesn't deserve! Listen the vets advice above all... They've got quit numbers that prove the advice is worth listening to. PM me if you need anything or have questions or... Whatever man. You won't do this alone... You've come to the right place. I'll quit with you any day, every day. Rock on...
Don't worry, it gets better. We all know what you are going through. One day quit at a time and you can do it! Make sure you get phone numbers to keep you honest and hit chat if you need to take your mind off "the suck". You can do this and I quit with you tomorrow! Sage
Is this "another one bites the dust"?
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »
Quote from: Radman
Welcome. These folks are right. It gets better, I promise you that. I can't tell you when, because it's different for every person. You will have good days and bad days. Don't let that trip you up. Enjoy the good ones, but be prepared for the bad one that hits you out of the blue. That's when you need a plan in place so you can put it into motion without hesitation. Call, text, etc. Get plenty of contacts. Any of us here will give up numbers. The support at KTC is amazing.

This page was one of the most helpful in my quit. After my wife read that, things got much easier. Most of our spouses have no idea what we are going through. Our society has been tricked into believing nicotine is safe and not really addictive. Get your wife on your side 100%. She is probably the best person to recognize your rages and redirect it away from the kids. The most important thing I can tell you is to make sure you don't take that rage out on the innocents. Our families did not cause this. Leave them out of it. If you feel that coming on, call or text another quitter. We can handle it.

Reach out if you need anything.
What RadMan said. Get your wife onboard have her read as much on this site as she wants too with support here and her support you can quit for the day everyday. I showed mine all the infor from here and then she knew the "Suck" I was going through and when she saw me escalating she could help slow the asshole down. I also came here got advice and got smacked around here a bit got me righted again and now I have been here everyday for 16 days. I got my real start when I was in the Army a can of Skoal back in the day was a quarter at the PX and a roll was only $2.50. Everyone did it it was cool. Well now you and everyone that did it because it was kewl are paying for it. If you need my number PM me. I quit with you today brother.
Todd
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 07:27:00 AM »
Welcome. These folks are right. It gets better, I promise you that. I can't tell you when, because it's different for every person. You will have good days and bad days. Don't let that trip you up. Enjoy the good ones, but be prepared for the bad one that hits you out of the blue. That's when you need a plan in place so you can put it into motion without hesitation. Call, text, etc. Get plenty of contacts. Any of us here will give up numbers. The support at KTC is amazing.

This page was one of the most helpful in my quit. After my wife read that, things got much easier. Most of our spouses have no idea what we are going through. Our society has been tricked into believing nicotine is safe and not really addictive. Get your wife on your side 100%. She is probably the best person to recognize your rages and redirect it away from the kids. The most important thing I can tell you is to make sure you don't take that rage out on the innocents. Our families did not cause this. Leave them out of it. If you feel that coming on, call or text another quitter. We can handle it.

Reach out if you need anything.

Offline Sage

• Quitter
  • Interests: My husband, my boys 15 yo and 12 yo, camping, boating, quilting
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 02:22:00 AM »
Quote from: AppleJack
Just wanted to say Hello and Thank You to all of you. This site has been a great help. 6 days ago I quit Cope Long Cut cold turkey after 17 years (13 in the Army) I want to thank you guys because I almost did not make my 7th day. I have yet to try the Mint leaves or pills or anything other than normal gum and a bag of chips a day. I am at the stage now where I am more of an A hole than normal, I feel bad for my wife and kids. I miss having a chew in, I never relised that I was actually addicted to it! I am open to any pointers or tips that will help keep me off the dip!

Nick
Welcome in bro! Head into the "Welcome Center" up top and read up on joining your quit group, posting roll, and all the other tid-bits you'll need to know. We know what you're going through! I'm right at the start of my quit too... This site saved/is saving my life. Come here to read, learn, chat, vent... Especially that. We'll take whatever you have to dish out so you're not the asshole your family doesn't deserve! Listen the vets advice above all... They've got quit numbers that prove the advice is worth listening to. PM me if you need anything or have questions or... Whatever man. You won't do this alone... You've come to the right place. I'll quit with you any day, every day. Rock on...
Don't worry, it gets better. We all know what you are going through. One day quit at a time and you can do it! Make sure you get phone numbers to keep you honest and hit chat if you need to take your mind off "the suck". You can do this and I quit with you tomorrow! Sage

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 01:43:00 AM »

Nick
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline Sapper79

Day 6 of my new life!
« on: May 01, 2013, 01:21:00 AM »

Nick