Author Topic: Day 1  (Read 644 times)

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Day 1
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
I love how this place works.....just freaking love it!

Buncha addict speak down there rf. Are you stepping up to the plate or just sticking with the tee?

These men can change your life, don't turn your back on this kind if support.

Offline Mike_Land

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Triathlons and my girls, Wife Michelle and Daughter Olivia.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 10:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Diesel2112
Quote from: rffivefive
Found this site by accident.  been thinking bout quiting for a bit.  went to the live chat three members actually were pretty great and understanding. answered my questions and gave me some answers i didnt ask for.  And a few things to think about...

here we go. 

last quit was 9 mo. two years ago and it wasnt too too hard we will see.

lol.
Not feeling you bro. You seem like you're coming in half assed. You "quit" for 9 months 2 years ago, and it wasn't too hard "we shall see"??? LOL????

You didn't quit shit two years ago. You stopped for 9 months. Big fucking deal. Like the Buffalo said, it wasn't too hard , why the hell did you go back to the can?

We shall see what?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I've read intros like this before. They usually don't end well. You say you've been thinking about quitting for a bit? Why have you been thinking about it? Again, not asking to be a dick, but a good deal of WANT TO will take you much further than a "we shall see".

Sounds like you were fucking around on the internet with a dip in your lip and googled "help quit chewing" and this site popped up. Am I wrong? Or did you really just fall down onto your keyboard and hit a bunch of buttons and magically ktc.org came onto the screen?

If you are really serious about quitting, I will be behind you 110% and so will everyone else on this site. If your half assing it and are thinking, "well, maybe I'll give it try, I made it 9 months once, we'll see what happens..." Then you need to put some balls into this quit.

Up to you man.
I'm with diesel on this Rffivefour. You have to have a hell of a lot of want to and determination to do this. whether you think so or not, you are dealing with life and death. You can choose to live or you can choose to die. Not trying to scare you but that is the reality. My experience is that alot of people just don't believe that this quitting business is a matter of life or death.

I assure you that this is nothing to laugh about. I'm a 36 year user and so far i've been lucky. No sign of cancer and no teeth falling out but who knows what awaits in the future. There are others who have not been so lucky. Cdaniels just had a pea size tumor cut out of his tongue yesterday. Really don't think that is something to LOL about. Do you?

Just like diesel, i'm not trying to be a dick but laying it out and telling it like I see it. If you really want to quit you have come to the right place. In the few short weeks I've built better relationships with the guys on here than I have with people i've known my whole life. And Ive never laid eyes on any of them. Isn't that weird?

check your inbox I've sent you my number. Use it if you have to.

Mike

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
Quote from: rffivefive
Found this site by accident. been thinking bout quiting for a bit. went to the live chat three members actually were pretty great and understanding. answered my questions and gave me some answers i didnt ask for. And a few things to think about...

here we go.

lol.
Not feeling you bro. You seem like you're coming in half assed. You "quit" for 9 months 2 years ago, and it wasn't too hard "we shall see"??? LOL????

You didn't quit shit two years ago. You stopped for 9 months. Big fucking deal. Like the Buffalo said, it wasn't too hard , why the hell did you go back to the can?

We shall see what?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but I've read intros like this before. They usually don't end well. You say you've been thinking about quitting for a bit? Why have you been thinking about it? Again, not asking to be a dick, but a good deal of WANT TO will take you much further than a "we shall see".

Sounds like you were fucking around on the internet with a dip in your lip and googled "help quit chewing" and this site popped up. Am I wrong? Or did you really just fall down onto your keyboard and hit a bunch of buttons and magically ktc.org came onto the screen?

If you are really serious about quitting, I will be behind you 110% and so will everyone else on this site. If your half assing it and are thinking, "well, maybe I'll give it try, I made it 9 months once, we'll see what happens..." Then you need to put some balls into this quit.

Up to you man.
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline GR8WHITEBUFFALO

• Quitter
  • Interests: Running, hunting, fishing, golfing, wasting away in margaritaville.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 08:08:00 AM »
If you last "quit" wasn't too hard. Why the fuck did you go back to being a nic slave?

What happened last time to make you cave?

What are you going to do differently this time to make sure you stay quit?
Enough is enough. Time to take control back from the nic bitch. My HOF speechGR8WHITEBUFFALO

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:39:00 AM »
You didn't find this place by accident. There is a reason you are here. You will find that reason soon if you stick to the plan.

You never quit before, you took a break. Post up, read everything you can and get involved. Most of all, be willing to accept the help and wealth of knowledge here....it may just save your life.

Offline rffivefive

Day 1
« on: January 23, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
Found this site by accident. been thinking bout quiting for a bit. went to the live chat three members actually were pretty great and understanding. answered my questions and gave me some answers i didnt ask for. And a few things to think about...

here we go.

lol.