Author Topic: Ehh let's go for it  (Read 554 times)

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ehh let's go for it
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »
I'm a Yall... You from Texas?
What family? ... Kids?
Let's Define anxiety :
Its a feeling of worry, nervousness,
or unease, typically about an imminent
event or something with an
uncertain outcome.
"Uncertain Outcome"
That my friend is just thinking about tomorrow.
Let tomorrow worry about tomorrow!
Birds eat.... So will you.
Here.. We just focus on today. ODAAT
Hope you come back and Post roll.
You don't need nicotine and you know it!
Join us.... Jump into some Truth..
I quit with you today.
Rawls 918
I believe.....

Offline Bill Dance

• Quitter
  • Nic is now MY Bitch!!
  • Quit Date: 11/5/2016
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 07:51:00 PM »
glad you found us. heres a couple of thoughts to know going into your quit...NEVER look ahead and DONT EVER look back.

quitting is 95% mental (in your head) and only 5% everything else.

get as many numbers from this site as you can and read, read, and read some more. I stayed on this site non stop, every night for the first month of my quit and it was vital. I got passed the bad cravings by eating pistachios and blow pops and also with some smokey mountain chew.....find what works for you and stick with it.

This has nothing to do with luck nor with anybody else but yourself. Be ready because if your not you will never make it.

Quit on brother and holler if you need me!

BD
The BEST day to quit was Yesterday, the second best day is TODAY!

Offline net gain

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit King
  • Owning it ODAAT
  • Quit Date: April 20th 2017
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 02:06:00 PM »
Long Gone, you came to the right place. I am fairly new here, but EVERY person here knows what you are dealing with. First thing you need to do is go to the post roll section and find your quit date group and post up. I will send you a pm with my #, as I'm sure many more will after your first roll post. Don't hesitate to contact anyone who gives you their #
net gain
A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline LongGoneLongCut

• Quit Date: 2017-10-23
Ehh let's go for it
« on: May 23, 2017, 01:58:00 PM »
Hi, 27 years old here. I've chewed on and off for about 9 years switching back and forth between ciggerates and chew. Grizzly wintergreen pouches seems to be my poison of choice. Anyways I've been kicking the idea of quitting for some time now and have never fully committed until about 5 hours ago. I'm a real anxious person (Anxiety/Panic) disorder so grizz was always my medicine of choice. I personally don't know how my anxiety will do after quitting but it's something that needs to be done not only for me but my family as well. Enough is enough, I went from one chew a day to 1 can a day and swallowing the spit so it's only gone down hill from there.. anyways much support is needed and to the guys who keep doing it y'all are the ones who keep me inspired.