Author Topic: 2 days into it  (Read 631 times)

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
Re: 2 days into it
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 07:44:00 PM »
Lutts,
Great work, the suck is tough but you can beat it. Some people use the fake, some use seeds or jolly ranchers, find want works best for you.
http://www.killthecan.org/your-quit/smo ... ernatives/
Read everything on this site and reach out to your fellow quitters.
Charles

Offline lutts2011

• Quit Date: 2014-09-15
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
oh and there is one thing that I think is going to really help me. it sucks because the season is almost over, but was talking over the weekend how I really should quit and my friend asked me, what do you want to do more? dip or wakeboarding and I obviously want to wakeboard more even tho I my life completely revolved around dip, except when I was out on the river. I could be out there all day long and not even have the slightest urge to want to dip and when I realized that this weekend, that's what made me decide that I can truly do it, and my friend asking that question was just an additional push

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 07:24:00 PM »
Quote from: lutts2011
Well everybody, just want to introduce myself. I wish I would've come on here sooner (before I decided to quit). Sunday night (September 14th) I decided that I was going to quit starting the next day (the 15th). I finished my can sunday night and haven't touched any since (even tho its only been 2 days). Right now is hell, I'm on edge, I'm tired, and am in "one of those" moods. Part of me keeps saying just put one in, and the other part says, no you can do this, you WANT to quit. And I just had my first trigger that I almost didn't even realized happen. I finished eating a good dinner, and instinctively went to reach in my back pocket only to realize that my can wouldn't be there. I did have to buy some smokey mountain straight (need to find something better tho, the texture is just weird to me) to at least have that feeling of there being a dip in my lip. was gonna try to go without it but yesterday I could've ripped a coworkers head off with the mood i was in and thought that I should get some and it might help. it went better than I thought, but could go better. and nobody messed with me at work (the two guys I work the most with know I decided to quit) and to me it seems like they are walking on eggshells to try and keep me calm. But so far, these 2 days have went better than I thought they would go and I'm hoping I can keep telling myself that I CAN and WILL quit, and that the part of me that still wants to dip doesn't overpower the other part that wants to quit. Well that's about it, I would also appreciate any helpful tips or pointers from fellow members that successfully quit.
Thanks!
Welcome Lutts, my advice is to post roll in the December Quit Group. Make your promise to all of us that you won't dip today and then you're done. Tomorrow morning get up and post roll again. Promise just for that day. Also, congratulations because you are more than halfway thru getting all the nicotine out of your system. Drink lots and lots of water, exercise even if it is just a walk around the block. move, breathe, sleep, shower, fart, eat, do whatever you need to do to stay quit. The suck is bad but it will pass and you will be glad for it. Shoot me a PM if you need a phone number to discuss it. you have my full support and there will be many badass quitters right behind me to help too.

Mogul

Offline lutts2011

• Quit Date: 2014-09-15
2 days into it
« on: September 16, 2014, 07:17:00 PM »
Well everybody, just want to introduce myself. I wish I would've come on here sooner (before I decided to quit). Sunday night (September 14th) I decided that I was going to quit starting the next day (the 15th). I finished my can sunday night and haven't touched any since (even tho its only been 2 days). Right now is hell, I'm on edge, I'm tired, and am in "one of those" moods. Part of me keeps saying just put one in, and the other part says, no you can do this, you WANT to quit. And I just had my first trigger that I almost didn't even realized happen. I finished eating a good dinner, and instinctively went to reach in my back pocket only to realize that my can wouldn't be there. I did have to buy some smokey mountain straight (need to find something better tho, the texture is just weird to me) to at least have that feeling of there being a dip in my lip. was gonna try to go without it but yesterday I could've ripped a coworkers head off with the mood i was in and thought that I should get some and it might help. it went better than I thought, but could go better. and nobody messed with me at work (the two guys I work the most with know I decided to quit) and to me it seems like they are walking on eggshells to try and keep me calm. But so far, these 2 days have went better than I thought they would go and I'm hoping I can keep telling myself that I CAN and WILL quit, and that the part of me that still wants to dip doesn't overpower the other part that wants to quit. Well that's about it, I would also appreciate any helpful tips or pointers from fellow members that successfully quit.
Thanks!