Author Topic: First Day Introduction  (Read 6539 times)

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
Re: First Day Introduction
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2017, 12:12:00 PM »
Quote from: trigerhapy
Quote from: D2maine
Its been a long road for you but the comma has arrived! congrats on a well earned dangle!
Congrats on the dangle!!
Proven time and time again, no excuses too great.
Proud to quit with you on your comma day!
July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »
Quote from: D2maine
Its been a long road for you but the comma has arrived! congrats on a well earned dangle!
Congrats on the dangle!!

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2017, 05:27:00 AM »

Offline Medicff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-17
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2017, 09:20:00 PM »
Well quitters I guess much has happened and its time for an update.

This past Friday was my last working day at the fire department. 15+ years. When I began I was a 21 year old kid living with his parents. I moved out on my own, got married, had children, went to school, stood by my wife in her battle with cancer and promotions to Lt. and Capt. The firehouse was always my constant.

I'm sure I will miss it but I wanted to move on to a new career. I will be working as an RN in the ER at our local trauma center. The fire department required 56+ hours per week working 24 hour shifts. I won't miss the hours. As a nurse I will only be doing 36 hours a week. This gives me more time at home with my son. I will also be able to focus on some other career goals - short and long term this way.

I have also been seeing someone who I has been a friend from nursing school. She has been there for me thru the new changes I have had to endure.

You guys in my August '14 group have been so great to me. Support for my rants and bitching.

I'm excited for the future but also uncertain. I do know that had I not quit dipping with this group I would be struggling to try to be a RN. There is no tobacco allowed on campus and I would struggle. Now I don't struggle with it. Thanks guys. I quit again today. 1000 is just around the corner.

Offline D2maine

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: quit 2-19-2012!
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2016, 05:29:00 AM »
and just like that the 9th floor has arrived!

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #135 on: September 10, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: ChickDip
Quote from: truetomyself
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Done4Me
It makes me happy to see you posting roll daily. It would have been easy for you to drift. I can't imagine a better legacy than continuing her passion for God, family and life. You're an inspirational guy Ben, just like your wife.
Medcliff - you, sir, are the real deal. I'm very very sorry for your loss. But you are a great man.
My heart breaks for you and your family.

I'm sure you're a great dad. If you can keep that up, and I'm sure a tough guy like you can, I bet everything will be ok.
Supporting you daily, praying for you and your family's Strength and Peace. Much love to you brother.
Hang in there. We are praying for you and yours.
Ben,

Thanks for being an example. I can't begin to imagine the hole left in your life right now, but I applaud your ability to muddle through and overcome. You have made an indelible impression on me; how you're dealing with this and simultaneously helping others is nothing short of amazing. I pray God continue to comfort and bless you as you have blessed so many others. Peace be with you, brother.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #134 on: September 10, 2016, 08:10:00 PM »
Quote from: ChickDip
It makes me happy to see you posting roll daily. It would have been easy for you to drift. I can't imagine a better legacy than continuing her passion for God, family and life. You're an inspirational guy Ben, just like your wife.
Medcliff - you, sir, are the real deal. I'm very very sorry for your loss. But you are a great man.

I'm sure you're a great dad. If you can keep that up, and I'm sure a tough guy like you can, I bet everything will be ok.
Supporting you daily, praying for you and your family's Strength and Peace. Much love to you brother.
Hang in there. We are praying for you and yours.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline ChickDip

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Master of Quit
  • July 2015 Jackals
    • HOF speech
  • Quit Date: 3/30/2015
  • Interests: (July2015 Quit Group) ((7-07-2015 100 days)) ....Quit Day March 30.... Fish Slaying, Hunting, Camping, Hiking, Mtn Biking, Cooking, Sammich-making, Poker, movies, watching Pro Baseball, anything outdoors
  • Likes Given: 2035
« Reply #133 on: September 10, 2016, 03:31:00 PM »

July 2015 Jackals - House of WUPP
"....the load doesn't weigh me down at all, he ain't heavy he's my brother"
Try to believe that you are worth more than you think, and others are worth more than you think.
"If you haven't... Quit now......If you have... Stay that way " ~AppleJack
"Make It Through Today" WarE2013 (Rest Easy)
"I am quit... for today... with you... but not FOR you" ~LBP
"Endeavor to Persevere!" Lone Waite

my intro / my HOF speech / my comma club
Building a Strong Quit / My HOF Day

Offline TrueToMyself

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2016, 08:47:00 AM »

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2016, 07:40:00 AM »

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2016, 09:07:00 AM »

Offline Medicff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-05-17
« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2016, 08:27:00 AM »
Well today is day 847.

I cannot thank this group enough for the support over the last couple years. The last month has been hard but also full of what Mrs. Medic called "God moments".

As you can tell by now Mrs. Medic - Jodi is gone. Stolen from me because of cancer. While she is not here with me I know she is in heaven at peace with no pain. We went through so many trials. Many are logged in this very introduction thread. I have learned so much from her.

Here was her legacy:
Passion. Everything she did was with passion. It didn't matter if it was an argument, driving or love she did it with passion. Our priority as a family was to pass on to our children this - Love God with passion. Show God you love him by loving people passionately.

Some follow up since she has gone: Her daughter who lived with us for 9 years is now in California with her biological father. He loves her and I have no doubt he will care for her with all his heart. It still hurts to have had her so long and let her go. Our son, age 7, is doing well. He is coping well and continues to grow me everyday.

This past year a friend from high school was diagnosed with breast cancer. Jodi reached out to her and supported her in the beginning as she had treatments and surgery despite her own treatments and surgery.

A colleague from a fire dept next door has been diagnosed with breast cancer. I have decided to follow Jodi's example by reaching out to her and offer help as someone who has been through it for 3+ years. Its not a giving thing. In fact its a selfish move to help me cope. The experience Jodi and I had should be used to help someone else. That will counter my pain with hope and comfort for someone else.

The months and years ahead will be filled with firsts for me and my son.

There has been no mention of nicotine in this till now. My only thoughts of it now are when I watch friends remain slaves and my heart breaks for them.

Again - thank you all for being there. Remember: love God, love people.
PS: Don't know God? PM me.

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2016, 11:40:00 AM »
May God guide you and give you comfort during this difficult time.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2016, 11:00:00 AM »
Prayers with you and your family sir.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2016, 09:40:00 AM »
This breaks my heart but like I just said on Todd's thread, God also had bigger plans for your wife and he needed her with him right now. You are in our prayers.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!