Author Topic: Intro: Scared to death  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Intro: Scared to death
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2013, 12:26:00 AM »
Thanks for bumping this up Jhud, read beartrapper's whole thread,  it pretty much describes my last 3-4 weeks of quit. So yes, for anyone reading this, if you have fear, go to a real doc  get checked out! Quit the internet self diagnosis, everything is cancer. See or find a doc you trust to talk to about your problems, be totally honest about everything  you'll probably find out you're fine. But remember the fear  how it made you feel to motivate your quit!!

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 09:06:00 AM »
I wanted to bump Beartrappers thread for a couple reasons. The first being that today I am 60 days quit and I remember lurking after my cave in May and this guy's story finally penetrated my thick ass skull. His story really inspired me and I came back to the fold and quit, at least everyday these last 60.

Second, I hope my October '13 brothers remember our lost brother. We have had some weak roll post showings the last couple weekends and we can do better. Remember what it takes to stay quit fellas, have a great weekend!

I am quit today with all you KTC bad asses!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2013, 05:33:00 PM »
Quote from: beartrapper
Thanks to all for following up with me. Still quit but it doesn't feel real yet because I feel like crap and worried and that dominates all my daily routine. Had a ct scan last week and waiting on results and went and got some blood work. Felt really tired and this weird tingling all over my body got worse and now my arms are sore like I did a crazy workout too hard (which I didn't) . Arms feel like 10 pounds each and when I am work I have trouble typing. Oh, yeah, also in this amazingly awful time in my life, I got a job offer and am leaving my company. And I am having a baby in 2 months. Awesome work.

So I am day 21 but doesn't fee like it. Day 1-9 were hard and I just kept thinking about how I wanted to dip but couldn't. Then the symptoms got so bad and I just was worried and didn't want it anymore. I just decided not to want it and not think about it, if that makes sense.

Sand Fleas gotta eat talked to me and explained how people need to see my roll post, not just for me but because people have short memories and my story rang true with some people. So I recommit to login here and post. Still quit. Mostly because if I ever get healthy again I never, ever, ever want to do this past 20 days of worry and withdrawal again. Thanks all.
This pisses me off! And I hope in the not too distant future it pisses you off too! Can you even believe what you let a tin of shredded plant do to you? Don't get me wrong - I let it rob me of a lot in my life, so I'm not calling you a fool. Well, maybe I am but I'm a fool too.

Tobacco robbed me of time with my family. Of 36k. Of confidence. Of pride. And what did it give back?

Not one damn thing, my friend. Not that I condone this, but do you know what I could do with 36k at the bunny ranch in Nevada? I would get something out of that at least! I might need some antibiotics afterward but wow the memories!!!

Don't ever, ever, ever forget this. It is probably one of the darkest periods in your life. And you alone have the power to make the choice to never, ever, ever relive it. Glad you put this down in writing. Next time you have even the slightest crave for some nicotine, get on here and read this.

Offline beartrapper

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 05:06:00 PM »
Thanks to all for following up with me. Still quit but it doesn't feel real yet because I feel like crap and worried and that dominates all my daily routine. Had a ct scan last week and waiting on results and went and got some blood work. Felt really tired and this weird tingling all over my body got worse and now my arms are sore like I did a crazy workout too hard (which I didn't) . Arms feel like 10 pounds each and when I am work I have trouble typing. Oh, yeah, also in this amazingly awful time in my life, I got a job offer and am leaving my company. And I am having a baby in 2 months. Awesome work.

So I am day 21 but doesn't fee like it. Day 1-9 were hard and I just kept thinking about how I wanted to dip but couldn't. Then the symptoms got so bad and I just was worried and didn't want it anymore. I just decided not to want it and not think about it, if that makes sense.

Sand Fleas gotta eat talked to me and explained how people need to see my roll post, not just for me but because people have short memories and my story rang true with some people. So I recommit to login here and post. Still quit. Mostly because if I ever get healthy again I never, ever, ever want to do this past 20 days of worry and withdrawal again. Thanks all.

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »
Quote from: jrod
Quote from: Erussell
Still quit and feeling pretty good as far as the craves go.  Days 8-11 were rough but then the light lifted a bit.  My issue is I have been having all these wierd symptoms.  I don't know if these are a continuation of my wierd lump behind my ear or some kind of wierd infection I am still getting over or what.   But I don't really feel "quit" yet because I haven't really felt good yet to where I would really be tempted to start up again.  Still kind of living scared.

Any wierd withdrawal symptoms from you guys?   My main thing is the overwhelming tiredness.   It was really bad the first week and now seems better.   But now  I am having all these weird tingling pains over my whole body.  First it started in my ribcage as a little tingly prickly feeling.  Then it moved around to my armpit and now my stomach.  Very wierd.  Like a little burning prickly sensation.  So not sure if that is some wierd horrible disease or just a symptom.  My voice is scratchy in the morning too along with having to clear my throat more than normal.  Maybe just not used to not have dip spit stuck in there like a loser!!
Go to your doc and getit checked out. Almost guaranteed its nothing but getting the "all clear" from the doc will help ease your mind. And if it is important the sooner the better! It may just be anxiety, I experienced anxiety and had symptoms I still can't explain. But go to your doc bro, it's worth the price of mind. Quit with you all day.
Many of us get some weird pains and sores after quitting. A big part of that is your body adjusting to living without your nicotine medication. But as Erussell said, if you're living scared it may be best to get yourself checked out - ease your mind. Any symptom lasting 2 weeks is probably worth looking into.

In other news, you haven't been posting with us in October. What's up? We're currently discussing how to handle guys that skip roll posting, and your name is on the list. Please pop in and explain, then start posting every day.
Got a few articles for you to read about symptoms and what to expect:

Symptoms

What to Expect

Your quit Decision MUST be 100% about you. Anything short of that sets you up for failure by allowing your addict brain to blame a given situation as reason for you to go back to the can. Quitting out of fear of a medical issue fades as soon as the doctor or dentist gives you a clean bill of health.
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
Quote from: Erussell
Still quit and feeling pretty good as far as the craves go.  Days 8-11 were rough but then the light lifted a bit.  My issue is I have been having all these wierd symptoms.  I don't know if these are a continuation of my wierd lump behind my ear or some kind of wierd infection I am still getting over or what.  But I don't really feel "quit" yet because I haven't really felt good yet to where I would really be tempted to start up again.  Still kind of living scared.

Any wierd withdrawal symptoms from you guys?  My main thing is the overwhelming tiredness.  It was really bad the first week and now seems better.  But now  I am having all these weird tingling pains over my whole body.  First it started in my ribcage as a little tingly prickly feeling.  Then it moved around to my armpit and now my stomach.  Very wierd.  Like a little burning prickly sensation.  So not sure if that is some wierd horrible disease or just a symptom.  My voice is scratchy in the morning too along with having to clear my throat more than normal.  Maybe just not used to not have dip spit stuck in there like a loser!!
Go to your doc and getit checked out. Almost guaranteed its nothing but getting the "all clear" from the doc will help ease your mind. And if it is important the sooner the better! It may just be anxiety, I experienced anxiety and had symptoms I still can't explain. But go to your doc bro, it's worth the price of mind. Quit with you all day.
Many of us get some weird pains and sores after quitting. A big part of that is your body adjusting to living without your nicotine medication. But as Erussell said, if you're living scared it may be best to get yourself checked out - ease your mind. Any symptom lasting 2 weeks is probably worth looking into.

In other news, you haven't been posting with us in October. What's up? We're currently discussing how to handle guys that skip roll posting, and your name is on the list. Please pop in and explain, then start posting every day.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »
Still quit and feeling pretty good as far as the craves go. Days 8-11 were rough but then the light lifted a bit. My issue is I have been having all these wierd symptoms. I don't know if these are a continuation of my wierd lump behind my ear or some kind of wierd infection I am still getting over or what. But I don't really feel "quit" yet because I haven't really felt good yet to where I would really be tempted to start up again. Still kind of living scared.

Any wierd withdrawal symptoms from you guys? My main thing is the overwhelming tiredness. It was really bad the first week and now seems better. But now I am having all these weird tingling pains over my whole body. First it started in my ribcage as a little tingly prickly feeling. Then it moved around to my armpit and now my stomach. Very wierd. Like a little burning prickly sensation. So not sure if that is some wierd horrible disease or just a symptom. My voice is scratchy in the morning too along with having to clear my throat more than normal. Maybe just not used to not have dip spit stuck in there like a loser!!
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline beartrapper

« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2013, 02:30:00 PM »
Still quit and feeling pretty good as far as the craves go. Days 8-11 were rough but then the light lifted a bit. My issue is I have been having all these wierd symptoms. I don't know if these are a continuation of my wierd lump behind my ear or some kind of wierd infection I am still getting over or what. But I don't really feel "quit" yet because I haven't really felt good yet to where I would really be tempted to start up again. Still kind of living scared.

Any wierd withdrawal symptoms from you guys? My main thing is the overwhelming tiredness. It was really bad the first week and now seems better. But now I am having all these weird tingling pains over my whole body. First it started in my ribcage as a little tingly prickly feeling. Then it moved around to my armpit and now my stomach. Very wierd. Like a little burning prickly sensation. So not sure if that is some wierd horrible disease or just a symptom. My voice is scratchy in the morning too along with having to clear my throat more than normal. Maybe just not used to not have dip spit stuck in there like a loser!!

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Jrod-  what kind of tea?? 
Sorry I didn't reply earlier.

My wife is a tea drinker so I've tried all kinds. I don't recommend Good Earth, that stuff will burn a hole in your lip. Black tea tastes like crap. All of it stains your teeth.

I'd recommend a mild tea with some sort of flavor, nothing flowery. Soak the tea bag in cold water for about a minute, tear open and pack. It has a similar feel to dip, but as stated previously it doesn't satisfy, just gives your mouth something to do. I went off coffee the same time as nic, and the tea allowed me to get a bit of caffeine so I wouldn't have withdrawals from both.

Hang in there and give us an update.
How can you tell that I used to live in Oakland? I saw your name and was trying to figure out why you put an R in Beat Rapper. Cracked myself up laughing when I figured it out.
Glad to be quit with you Trapper.

Offline jrod

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
Jrod- what kind of tea??
Sorry I didn't reply earlier.

My wife is a tea drinker so I've tried all kinds. I don't recommend Good Earth, that stuff will burn a hole in your lip. Black tea tastes like crap. All of it stains your teeth.

I'd recommend a mild tea with some sort of flavor, nothing flowery. Soak the tea bag in cold water for about a minute, tear open and pack. It has a similar feel to dip, but as stated previously it doesn't satisfy, just gives your mouth something to do. I went off coffee the same time as nic, and the tea allowed me to get a bit of caffeine so I wouldn't have withdrawals from both.

Hang in there and give us an update.

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »
Quote from: CaliforniaSlim
I am about over Smokey Mountain.  Holt sucks too and Jake's is boring.  Anyone try Golden Eagle or have any other suggestions?  I might punch myself in the face.    :P
Step 1, punch yourself in the face. Many guys here would recommend the balls, so you should probably try both.

I think it's pretty well established that Smokey Mountain and Hooch are the best fake chews, but none of the fake chew products have nicotine, so none will satisfy your cravings the way you want them to. If the fake doesn't work for you, go with seeds or gum or pack your lip with tea (much cheaper than the fake).

Hang in there. Fight. We're fighting with you.
I am going to trust you with the secret recipe to CaliforniaSlim's World Famous Dip Substitute. Here goes, Shh don't tell anyone:
Some coffee grounds and some brown sugar wrapped in a piece of coffee filter.

It worked for me for a week. The mint stuff didn't do anything, but after about a week, I realized what these folks are telling you. It doesn't have nic so it won't satisfy. Really, all you're hoping for is to keep your mouth happy enough that your brain is free to jab sticks into the nicbitch's eyes. Seeds do the trick for me.
Seems like you are doing great. Keep up the good quit.
I needed the fake dip early on: first few days and then less for first 2 weeks. I switched to sunflower seeds after that with hard candy and bubble gum too. I am 6 weeks in now and hit the seeds only when I am playing video games. Other than that the bubble gum works best for me.

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2013, 10:56:00 AM »
Give us an update brother! How you doin'... How you feelin'?
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline CaliforniaSlim

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 12:34:00 PM »
I am about over Smokey Mountain.  Holt sucks too and Jake's is boring.  Anyone try Golden Eagle or have any other suggestions?  I might punch myself in the face.    :P
Step 1, punch yourself in the face. Many guys here would recommend the balls, so you should probably try both.

I think it's pretty well established that Smokey Mountain and Hooch are the best fake chews, but none of the fake chew products have nicotine, so none will satisfy your cravings the way you want them to. If the fake doesn't work for you, go with seeds or gum or pack your lip with tea (much cheaper than the fake).

Hang in there. Fight. We're fighting with you.
I am going to trust you with the secret recipe to CaliforniaSlim's World Famous Dip Substitute. Here goes, Shh don't tell anyone:
Some coffee grounds and some brown sugar wrapped in a piece of coffee filter.

It worked for me for a week. The mint stuff didn't do anything, but after about a week, I realized what these folks are telling you. It doesn't have nic so it won't satisfy. Really, all you're hoping for is to keep your mouth happy enough that your brain is free to jab sticks into the nicbitch's eyes. Seeds do the trick for me.
Seems like you are doing great. Keep up the good quit.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
That is great news beartrapper, now just make sure you take Wades advice and remember why you are NAFAR. Hate the nic bitch all you can and what she has already taken from you, and remember no matter what she whispers in your ear when you get the all clear from the doc ("see I didn't hurt you, your tougher than these guys in here, your man enough to Handel me, why don't you come on back to me and quit later, you need me to enjoy life") ITS All A fucking lie bro. Nicotine didn't enhance anything for you, it only took away. I quit with you.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline beartrapper

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »
Jrod- what kind of tea??

Wade- agree completely. That feeling hasn't worn off yet and that is why I joined this site. Because I wanted it to stick and not to forget. I got this.

All you quitters.... Isnt it nice to not have bad breath today??!!!